2016 To Do Challenge - Page 101
Page 101 of 351 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EB, not sure about the trip. Sometime this spring, maybe. The electricians have promised again to show up and we will have to work around them if they do. Some of it is weather dependent, too. If it's a really dry spring with a high risk of fire here, we would probable postpone.

I dug out our small bentos this AM and figured out the best dishes to fit in them, so now all I have to do is figure out the right mix of proteins, fruits/veggies, carbs, and dairy to help me stay on track with food when we travel. I didn't use the bentos yesterday because the trip came up so fast, so I'm also going to make up a master list of foods we usually have in the house that can be put into the bento containers quickly, since we often take day trips on the spur of the moment. This has been a major problem for me, and I really need to solve it. How hard can it be?

I'm going to try frying an egg today and see if I like fried eggs served cold. I don't see why I wouldn't since it shouldn't be much different than a cold boiled egg. It just occurred to me I would probably like plain cold kidney beans, too. Or maybe I'll find a good dressing I could make fast or keep in the fridge for quickly tossing with beans or other foods.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD--Try chickpeas. I roll them in whatever seasoning I like, and roast them in the oven. I don't normally like chickpeas, but I eat them this way. You can use garlic salt or powder, onion salt or powder, BBQ rub, or just about any spice or herb including cinnamon.

Not doing much today except laundry. Didn't sleep well last night. It is cold here this morning in the 30s. Supposed to be colder tonight.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubbys and nieces birthdays today! Hubby is 57 and niece is 14! Where does the time go?

Have a great day everyone!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, Happy Birthday to Both your DH and your Niece! Hope you all have a wondeful day!! oooh, ice cream and cake!! hugs

SD, I have apost, but Dh is goinng to have to help me put it on here, thats how I lost my last one, its about S.Dak. hey It has the corn palace, you been there? I forgot all about it! Youjust have to visit it, if you havent been!

FW, Hope you both can just relax now and heal, thinking about you, hugs.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey all, hope you're enjoying your Sunday. I've been sick the past few days with a bad cold so it was a stay at home day today for me. No church. I'm bummed about that particularly because it's Palm Sunday. I'm also tired of coughing and tired of lying around. I've done very little except fix meals for us the past couple of days. The only thing I have on tap today is to check in here and sleep. Oh and reheat leftovers for dinner. That's as taxing as it's going to be. Darn spring colds. Although the joke is on Maine...we were all geared up for spring and we're getting snow tonight. Originally it was supposed to be a nor'easter but has been downgraded so we're only expecting 4-8 inches. Yay! DH and I noticed earlier this week that the ice has all melted on the pool and we had just said we'd call the pool company this week and have them come do their spring magic to it and we'd start getting it treated for summer. Guess it'll be another couple of weeks.

SD we love the movie "Wild Hogs". You mentioned camping movies and a favorite one we always watch is "The Great Outdoors". They aren't camping in the movie but staying in a cabin. It's a silly movie but funny. We love it and always get a chuckle out of it. You mentioned Robin Williams and RV. We LOVED that movie and we named our car's navigation system Lola which we got from that movie. I happened to catch a show on about Robin Williams' autopsy and they discovered he had a form of dementia called "lewey body dementia" which can cause all or most of the symptoms he exhibited in the days prior to his death. He had become very paranoid among other things and that may have also contributed to his thought process in him making the decision to end his life. I don't pay a lot of attention to celebrities for the most part but he was one I truly was saddened by his passing.

FW thinking of you guys while you get into a new routine and getting things settled in and settled down. Will keep praying for an easier recovery. LOL @ Hunty thinking the walker outline is his new sitting place. I hope your health continues to improve. It's so stressful caring for a spouse when they are down for a period of time.

Hi EB, GB, TDN, Pinetree, ILC, Rabbit and anyone I forgot! Better get my hind end back to bed and get some more rest. Have a great rest of the day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, we're cold here too, with lows tonight and Monday night in the 30s. There could be up to an inch of snow in the N. Georgia mountains over the next 24-36 hours also! But by Wednesday it's supposed to be typical spring-like temps with a lot of showers into April.
    Hope you can sleep better tonight.

SD, have you thought about doing anything like a 3-bean salad when traveling? Stuff like that keeps pretty well, plus you can jazz it up in lots of ways.
    Have you seen the movie Fargo? It has William H. Macy in it and he's great---the whole movie is fantastic. DH and I love it.

TDN, happy birthday to your hubby and niece! I'm with pinetree---ice cream and cake, yummy!

fw, how is DH today? And how are YOU?
    I'm so glad you're getting over that bronchitis.
    Is DD helping out when she's home?

pinetree, DH brought home 4 tomato plants the other day and planted them--a Big Boy, a Beefsteak, and the others I can't remember. We may do some bell pepper plants but I don't think he's gung-ho on a veggie garden this year; his big thing right now is flower seeds directly into the soil. I did get him to buy some caladiums for under our dining room window in the front but everything else is a flowering something-or-other. Yesterday he also cut the front yard and edged it really well. Yes, the grass had gotten high enough to need cutting and it won't let up till late October or November.
    We had such a little bit of rain that none of the pollen got washed away, but showers are forecast beginning Saturday. Wish it would come sooner, the pollen is absolutely terrible this year.
    Well, the cherry blossoms have come in time for our annual festival and it's gorgeous if you can overlook the yellow powder everywhere.

earlybird, Ayanka, Niko, Bernice, StartingOver, and anyone I missed, hi, happy first day of spring!

For Sunday:

1) Church and breakfast DONE
    2) Read through paper and cut out coupons
    3) Finish Bible study homework
    4) Do one shelf in pantry
    5) Arrange Easter decor in dining room, breakfast room, kitchen, and den

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr, take care of yourself with that cold. Glad to hear you're going to rest a lot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got complete chaos today between the animals and people tromping in and out w/ medical equipment and the nurse w/ the IV who stayed an hour. All the while Yogi barked outside. This set up isnt working for me and I'd rather travel in somewhere close. tired and cranky.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, yes, we've been to the Corn Palace and weren't impressed. They do a different design every year though.

We love The Great Outdoors too. That's another movie that's hard to watch. We loved John Candy. Hope you're feeling better soon. We were having early spring too but then got almost a foot of snow. We needed the moisture though.

ILC, we do usually take at least one bean salad when we go. Also a garden salad and a pasta salad. All of those will keep at least a week. The pasta salad is going to be the hardest to replace because I normally make it with SPAM, pasta, cheese, mayo, and some other stuff, so it's loaded with sodium and calories and other bad things. I have some recipes that might work for WW though. I have a great recipe we like that has corn, beans, and wild rice in it and that's been our second-week go-to for several years now. I ran it through WW recipe builder and it came in at only 4 SP per cup, so that's a winner. I have some good coleslaw recipes from SBD and WW, too. It's the snacks I'm working on and I'm sure I'll get those figured out. Any and all suggestions welcome though.

Husby made granola cookies today with the last bag of granola cereal. Those are just about my favorite cookies and I haven't had lunch yet. But I'm standing strong so far. He cleaned up the mess and put the cookies away in his office, so that helped. He did ask if I wanted any but I lied and said no. But I do need to eat lunch ASAP or something bad will most likely happen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, The reason you visit the corn palace is so you can say you have been there! We traveled way out of our way to see that and felt the same way!
    heres that link.

25 Rugged Facts About South Dakota

It has some fun facts, enjoy!

Hikr, hope you feel better soon! Look out for more cold, well maybe, the news said we have a bunch more snow headed our way, looks like every few days we might get some, ugh, well it was spring...

ILC, so sorry about all your pollen, we get that sometimes when we get gentle winds from the west and the pine trees in the mountains are doing their pollen thing, you can see yellow pollen blowing in the air. I haate when we get the cotton from the cottonwood trees, man can that get bad, the air is just white with cotton, your can barely breath.
    Thats funny ILC, DH said he saw toatoes in home depot last night, almost picked them up but we have ALING way until we can plant, so he didn't. I think I might have hime get a couple, I will put them in big containers until we can plant. We really cant plant until Mothers day, last year we couldn't plant until the 3rd week of June. so you are way ahead of us!
    Tractor store doesnt have trees in yet, they said 3-4 weeks yet, so I dont even knoe how much they are yet.

FW, geeze, you guys need a break! Hopefully this time will go by fast. Try and get some rest. hugs.

Ok, I forgot everything else I was going to write,, man. well HI to everyone!!

I got my red, white and yellow onion seeds planted, also the poblano peppers.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That was sort of interesting, Pinetree. We almost got moved to Mitchell, where the Corn Palace is. But in the end Husby's company sent us to Aberdeen instead.

I took the Homestake gold mine tour a couple years ago when we were there for the rally. It was kind of disappointing they didn't take us down into the mine, which is an enormous open pit. I got a souvenir with some gold flakes from the mine. It was kind of interesting but somewhat disappointing because the tour was mostly riding around the town on the trolley while the guide, who was a family member of the mine's owners, pointed out buildings the family had built and stuff like that, the high school and other places.

The urge struck so I dragged out the new camper cabana and made the pass-through. It actually turned out pretty nice! I'm sort of proud of it because it's not that easy to sew something where both sides of the stitching shows and have both turn out looking good, but I'm pleased with the results. Glad that's over. I'm trying to think now what else I can do to it before the main event, which of course has to wait till the snow is gone and the ground it good and dry. I wish I could remember what all I did to the previous rooms I made. Husby looked at the pass-through and said he was glad I put it in because the previous ones had been such a handy feature. I have to agree. It got to be a big pain having to open the big 'door' zipper every time someone outside the room needed any little thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I cleaned out my car which had not been done since 9/14 when I got sick. Got rid of all the nursing supplies, those that weren't outdated will get donated. I knew my kids had left garbage in the back seat but it was a bit much, I was not happy, they were old enough not to do stuff like that. I made DD do the back, she was grumbling but the reason we were cleaning it out is that she is going to start to use it. I started vacuuming out the dog hair and soon realized all that bending over and standing up was going to be cut short quickly. It was bad enough that I paid for a cleaning inside and out. DD drove, she did well.

Tomorrow I ask my primary for permission to drive when vital signs are normal and I feel ok. Hoping for a yes even if she just gives me a 5 mile radius.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello everyone - This has been the longest day in history. I have been ready to go to bed since 1:30. Dont know why, some days are just like that. Watching race now.

hikr00 - feel better - anything spring or summer seems worse. Lazy day here too. Baked italian sausage and then put it in crockpot with peppers, onions and tomatoes. Every man for himself. I love that movie Great Outdoors........we have it and watch a couple times each year.

ilc - Fargo is a great movie too. Did you watch the tv show they made from it? I liked the 2nd season better.

sd - I can eat most any food cold. Any veggie, eggs, you name it. I am never upset if my food is not piping hot in a restaurant. How about tuna with mustard instead of mayo. Nice husband to make the cookies and then take them to where you wont be tempted. My husband has been asking me all day where the chocolate cake is. I wish he would get up and make one. haha not really.

fw - is it too late to switch and go to where the treatment is instead of having your house disrupted and your dogs upset? hope it settles down for you.

I didnt do much today but I am going to sit down now with some tea and make a master list for the week. I feel like I want to get alot done. we shall see.

hello to everyone here and i hope you all have a good weekend. All we got today was some snow flurries so I am happy. Temps supposed to go up now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've always thought Fargo was a stupid movie. I never did understand why it's called Fargo when it takes place in Minnesota. Most people in Minnesota don't talk like that, BTW, and if they do they're more likely to be from southern MN. Up here in the arrowhead which is across the state from Fargo, people talk more like Canadians.

EB, Husby wouldn't get many baked treats if he didn't make them himself. I just don't think it's fair for me to have to make foods that are harmful to me and that I'm not supposed to eat and which are nothing but a huge temptation for me. That would be like the spouse of an alcoholic expecting the alcoholic to mix and serve drinks to him/her. It makes no sense to me.

We like the Grumpy Old Men movies. Although like most Minnesotans, we realize they're actually documentaries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like the Grumpy old men movies too. Fargo was ok once. I liked the Great outdoors movie. And NOw I started thinking about "what about Bob?" lol

This is just mostly not what I expected and I suppose I'll adjust. The biggest deal is Yogi. He bit DD,snapped at me and even DH. He is obsessed w/ taking care of DH. He was upset when he was just gone 5 days and then came back w/ "A hurt paw". I just dont want anyone bit. Something wrong w/ our bleeding heart family.

Nice day today finally. No rain or snow. Would have been nice park weather.