2016 To Do Challenge - Page 102
Page 102 of 351 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi to everyone! Been a busy weekend, closing program for AWANA is Tuesday so trying to get ready for that and I've been purging in the house again. I always think there's no more to get rid of and then I find out I can get rid of more! Going to catch up on tv shows I taped this past week. Be back tomorrow.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really need spell checker!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, I woke up this morning and for the first time I haven't had a violent coughing fit. This means progress!! I'll keep up the resting and hope to shed this beast by the middle of the week? That would sure be nice. It's snowing. We've got about 3 inches now and the storm watch goes through 6 pm but they say it should end late afternoon. <sigh> Oh well, it was nice thinking about spring anyway.

Besides resting today I need to scoop the cat box since the trash goes out tonight. I do need to do laundry but we'll see how I feel. I could push that back another day since I need to take it easy. I hate being sick. I make a lousy patient.

ILC can you post a pic of the cherry blossoms? I bet they are just stunning. Sorry about the pollen though. We get that here too in the spring with the yellow haze on everything. Thank you for your get well wishes

SD I agree in being sad that John Candy has passed whenever you watch a movie with him. He was so funny, creative etc. We have never seen Fargo. But we love What About Bob that someone else mentioned here. We also really want Dr. Marvin's New Hampshire house. LOL! Good luck with camping snacks. What about some type of trail mix? Hmm...the thing with that though is nuts may be healthy but the cals / fat are high and a serving size is pretty small. Sounds like an awesome job on the camper cabana. How was the cold fried egg? I can do it in a breakfast sandwich but I don't like just a plain cold egg by itself. But I'll eat a cold breakfast sandwich.

earlybird I've had those days where you're ready to go to bed ridiculously early but have to stay up otherwise you'll wake up in the middle of the night all energized and ready to go and there's nothing to do because everyone is asleep. LOL. DId you get your master list done?

FW hoping Yogi settles down. Sounds like he's feeling extra protective with DH being gone and he's confused about the nurses etc. I hope he calms down after a couple of days once he adjusts to the new routine. DH loves the Grumpy Old Men movie. Funny you mention that because last night we were watching an episode of The Andy Griffith show that we had on the DVR and an ad came up for Grumpy Old Men coming up right after this episode. DH was all excited...then we discovered that episode we were watching had taped Friday so the show was on Friday night and not last night. Oh well. We do own it so we need to dig it out. I'm not sure if it's made it out of the packing box or not. We have a bunch we've gotten out but I know there's still a box around that has a few more in it.

Hi Rabbit!! He also to Niko, Ayanka, StartingOver and anyone I missed!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Feel better HIKr. I have finally turned the corner I think. Off to get a bath showr chair thingy today. Gotta go see if anyone wants breakfast.BBL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woke up to cold and pain. It is 33 here this morning. Not doing much except staying on the heating pad.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday was such a fun day. My husband played just dance on the wii with my niece and I! He doesn't do it very often but when he does it is a hoot! Soooo funny to watch him! He also made my niece a chocolate cake. They think he makes the best chocolate cake ever! ( Betty Crocker cake and frosting) I don't even know how it got started because he never, ever, cooks or bakes. He makes 3 choc cakes a year( for my birthday and the girls) and a fried egg sandwich a couple times a year. That is it.

So my niece gets to skip school today and we are going to the city to kohls. I looked online and printed off 2 $10 off $30 junior clothes purchase so that is a score! It is kind of a big deal to go to the big city clothes shopping and only happens for school clothes and possibly one other time during the year. Should be a great day!

I have lots to do around here but most of it will have to wait......have a great day everyone!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh rabbit.....I miss the Awana days with my nieces. I always helped when the went. When my oldest niece got her cubby vest she was so proud.....we had to go show everyone and she asked " do I wear it everywhere?" This is the same kid that when she got her first bike helmet wore it for a few days straight. My mom let her wear it to the grocery store .....lol.......I miss the good ol days!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We arent Baptist but my kids went w/ a friend and DD liked it but Ds was really taken by the structure. His ddad had had that accident then and it filled a male role model need at the time.

So the tranfer chair saga. It went to Wright and Philipis and they are out of that side of the business for 2 years?? Walmart only had the small chair. and Rite Aid had it for $99. so $105, after tx I am disgusted. Next time I will buy it when the hosp. offers=lesson learned. I did get like new crutches for him for $10. Ins. either pays for crutches or a walker. Dang thing outta play music.

to do
    got a DW load going
    need to do 2 wash loads
    possibly clear and dust more of the F.R.
    got Dh a shower chair as stated
    grab trash cans back in
    look over budget

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr, trail mix is so unhealthy I never even considered it. Usually it has way too much salt and sugar and calories, and as you say, a serving is so small. I do have almonds on the snack list though. I didn't cook the egg because I decided I could cook it the night before and just nuke it for breakfast in the morning on a paper plate, so no clean-up and no hot stove to deal with when it's time to fold down. Add a little green Tabasco and Bob's your uncle.

Still working on menus. I've decided I'm over-thinking, as usual. All I need are the usual gallon bags of garden salad mix and pasta salad mix, and some kind of wraps. Those three things usually hold us till we get to our destination, easily, so we can just add dressing as needed and have instant healthy side dishes. Then I also need some kind of good sandwich ingredients which is going to be a challenge because I want to cut down on salt. If it's a two-week trip, then I need to bring a HM premixed dressing and some cans of things for our favorite bean salad. A lot of the fill-in stuff goes in the fruit basket or fridge and overflow fruits and veggies in the ice cooler. The main thing I need to do is set up master lists for each food, so if we're planning burgers, I have a list of everything needed to make a burger sandwich, condiments, and toppings, plus any special equipment or supplies we need, such as charcoal. It's coming along, so I'm hoping I can get that done soon. I'm not real worried about it but do need to have lists to take along in hopes it'll help keep me on track.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr, keep resting, hopefully you are better in a few days!

TDN, sounds like a wonderful time, have fun today too!

Gbug feel better soon!

RABBIT, OH how I wish I could declutter here, DH is such a packrat!

FW, hoping you have a better day!

ILC, I can vision all those cherry blossoms! Can you get your DS to help you with a picture? DH has showed me so many times, but I just can't remember how, so I bug him all the time to help me.

Hi to those I left out. Too early for the brain to be working! LOL

I'm still not doing much, holding my own, but theres so much stuff going around, I'm afraid its going to wear me down, I really don't want to get sick.

The snow is almost melted, its 70*, But we have snow coming in Wednesday, then back to the 60's then snow sat into Easter Sunday, ugh.. We knew it was bad having the nice weather the beginning of the month, now we will pay for it!

Today
    trim down fertilize, clean and water plants brought in from last summer
    plant moon flowers
    dust

Have a restful day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DIL, just called I guess my kid fell in the shower this morning, ripped the shower head off, hit his head, has a bump, racked up his knee pretty bad, and has a big cut on his back. Guess I should see if he can wake up after awhile, scarey, your kids are full grown, and you still worry about them!!

SD, What about just a boiled egg? Thats what I have been eating for breakfast. The chocolate out of the trail mix sounds good! lol

FW, Too bad we didnt live closer, I have all that stuff your DH could have borrowed! I had to have it all with my back surgery, I even have 2 canes. Hope things are calmng down a bit. I never thought about the dogs being upset.

I really don't like Mondays!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, hikr, and Gbug, please take care of yourselves and get well soon.

fw, good to hear you feel better. Yogi must be really upset about all the upheaval with DH, etc., but that sure makes it worse on you. Good luck with that chair. For that price it should do a whole lot more than play music LOL

SD, how about hobo suppers? They can be cooked in the oven or over a fire and you can put all sorts of veggies in them too.

Bernice, good luck with talking with the doctor about driving. Let us know what she says.

earlybird, I kept forgetting that Fargo was made into a series on TV but if it comes back on I'll definitely watch it. Way to go on the master list.

RABBIT, is it time for Awana to be over for the year? Both our kids were in it and it was great.

TDN, have fun in the city with your niece! I'm impressed your DH can make a cake. My husband is very, very good at eating them but would have no clue as to how to make one, even a Betty Crocker or a Duncan Hines with the directions (with pictures!) on the box. He is very good at grilling, though, which is nice. Tonight he's grilling chicken for our supper so all I have to do is pull some sides together.

pinetree, you've got our temps! We were 36 last night and today is only about 60, but by the weekend we'll be in the mid-70s with rain. The cold didn't hurt DH's tomato plants.
    Keep taking it easy so you don't get sick again.

Today our pollen count is at 2650, mainly due to pines, oak, and sweet gum trees. Allergies are the main topic of conversation wherever you go around here.

If I can pin DS down to do a picture I will, but I never know what his schedule is. Right now he's asleep. *sigh*
    The blossoms are really lovely and they're still not at their peak. Macon has over 300,000 Yoshino cherry trees, more even than Washington, D.C., and this is the 34th year of the festival. The website is www.cherryblossom.com if you'd like to see what it's all about.

For Monday:

1) Finances with DH DONE
    2) Review Bible study homework before class tonight
    3) Work in that pantry
    4) Vacuum/mop downstairs
    5) Clean upstairs bathrooms
    6) Maybe some laundry

Have a good Monday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I do take a couple dozen boiled eggs every time we camp for a week. They last easily through the first week if we don't peel them till it's time to eat them. But I'm also planning for the second week. I guess I could boil some for the second week, too. HEY! I'm going to have the toaster oven now! I can make the SBD egg quiches! If I put the right ingredients in them, they'd be just fine at room temp or cold. Thanks for reminding me to put boiled eggs on the list of staples, since I forgot, and also making me think about the toaster oven. I'll have to check the quiche recipe and see how workable it would be.

ILC, thanks for the idea about the hobo meals. We haven't done those since we went to Yellowstone six years ago. (Time flies. ) But those could be done in the toaster oven, too. Or even the Crock-Pot! If they're in packets they wouldn't even mess up the Crock.

Mmmmm, loaded baked potatoes could be done in the micro, and we'd have the stuff along for those on most trips, too, as long as I remember to pack potatoes. Or just buy a baker or two wherever we are.

I'm going to have a massive list before long!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, did you know you can bake potatoes in the crock pot too?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, but it's a lot quicker in the micro!

I looked up the quiche recipe and it looks like I can make a batch of those for the second week of a trip with minimal fridge foods and dirty dishes and then make them in the toaster oven. I'm glad to finally be making progress on organizing our foods better. I've done pretty well overall and we rarely forget anything, but there have been some areas of food planning I haven't been happy with.