2016 To Do Challenge - Page 103
Page 103 of 351 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Whoa ILC-thats a whole new kinda chair business.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I know nothing at all about this product, just saw an ad and thought about you. It might be worth looking into, or not, I don't know. INOGENFREEDOM.COM

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks SD, but already talked to the DR. about it. My Ins. won't cover it at all and they are pretty expensive, and he won't recommend it.

Mine is Ok it forces someone to be with me, since I can't lift it! lol, downside, I have to wait if people are busy or not around.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, sorry to hear that you're in so much pain, hope you are feeling better tomorrow

hikr, glad to hear that you're starting to feel better

TDN, nice to hear that your DH and niece had such a good time on their Birthday! I laughed out loud at your post about your niece wearing her bike helmet for days. Kids just crack me up!!

fw, not Baptist, Non Denominational Bible Church. We don't do things the "proper" way in our Sparks class. We want the kids to have fun while they're learning about Jesus and if you're too hard on them, they will get discouraged or not want to come. On a side note, that's a lot of money for a shower chair.

pinetree, my DH is a pack rat too!! ARRGGHH. His areas are the garage, pole barn and his closets. Hope your son is okay. Tomorrow he will probably feel worse than today. Glad to hear he didn't break anything.

ILC, we end AWANA at our church the week before Easter. After that is seems like all the kids are starting sports.

Got dinner in the crockpot before work and worked out this morning. First time in over a week. Finally seems like my back is starting to feel a little better. Just got in from sitting out with the dogs outside. It's still chilly but nice to sit on the swing and it just feels so good to be outside for a bit. The warm weather can't get here fast enough for me.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-very interesting. I actually thought it was a Baptist "thing" as I'd only seen it affiliated w/ them in this area. I was actually shocked to find the child that fought so hard against structure actually sought it elsewhere.

Thinkgs here are somewhat settling in here. but Dh continues to talk w/ recruiters. IDK its going to be a 4 month recovery but he is in denial so in order to avoid conflict I am trying to say nothing.

I am putting Hunter on a diet. He is beginning to waddle. That dog loves food. I have to remember to give him !/2 portions of treats the other guys get.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Slow start, but feeling some better. I had two vertebra in my neck that was pinching a nerve. My therapist adjusted it. Taking Dmom shopping today and then later I have to assist with some auditions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nurse coming early-had wanted to mop the doggie smell down but serves her right.lol
    empty dw
    dump some more old food from the pantry
    mop??
    flip loads and fold my new towels
    DH care??

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought Awanas was a Baptist thing too. We used to go to a Baptist church, that is actually were we meet now we go to a nondenominational bible church.

I have a full day of work and errands and a messy house! I have to call in for jury duty after 5 tonight........hoping it is cancelled!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, my DH and I met at a Baptist church too! In a single adult SS class--we were the first couple from the class to marry, in all about 10 or 12 couples from the group married. We're still married and still Baptist.
    Hope your jury duty is cancelled.

Gbug, glad you feel somewhat better.

fw, hefty Hunty, huh?
    Let DH talk to the recruiters. It may lead to something. Remember, most men's identity comes from their occupation.

RABBIT, glad your back is better. I agree, if the traditional way of reaching kids doesn't work, then use something that does. Our church thinks outside the box too, which is probably why it's growing the way it is.

pinetree, how's the weather there? We were cold last night but the temps are already in the 50s headed to 71. By Thursday it's supposed to be 80, then lots of rain starting Sunday and into April.
    How's your son today? Did he make it through work last night?

I got 2 pantry shelves done yesterday! Consolidated 4 opened syrup bottles into one, stuff like that. Found some flour I'd forgotten about and that's in the freezer now. Also found an expired triple chocolate fudge cake mix that will get used today. No one around here has noticed the difference but it makes ME happy to see it. The other shelves are in good shape already so there's not much to do with them. Next up will be the pantry's floor, cleaning and reorganizing what's there.

For Tuesday:

1) Leisurely morning IN PROGRESS
    2) Pick up two friends and go to meet others for our luncheon
    3) Bake cake
    4) Work on pantry floor
    5) Mop
    6) Maybe go to free concert tonight

Have a good day, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys!

ILC, kids ok, yep, made it thru the night, he hasn't missed a day of work in about 12 yrs. He takes his sick time off and goes fishing. Most of his sick time gets turned back into vacation days.

We have snow coming in tomorrow, hearing blizzard in the central states, so hoping everyone is ready, also heard tornados in the mississippi valley tomorrow, so heads up.

My seeds are coming up like crazy, is your DH planting anything? Hope your tomatoes are ok, dont you cover them when it gets cold?

TDN, Good Luck on your jury duty!

RABBIT, my DH has kinda taken everything over since all my crap. I would love to get a roll off dumpster and load it up!! lol clutter drives me crazy, everything seems so busy with it all over. I try to keep the business out of our living area, but now hes got it all over the house. ugh..
    It's nice you work with the kids.

FW, Now don't go starving that Poor little puppy! He's been thru too much to be treated like that! LOL We needto do that to Trouble, he's having trouble with his back leg, holding up too much weight. I wish we could get him a fake leg, it would help him out so much. Dont worry about your house, just let them in to help your DH, they probably dont care.
    Hope you have an easy day!

Gbug, so glad to hear you are feeling better and enjoying your DMom.

Hikr, hope your feeling alot better today!!

SD, you were talking about taking eggs, you freeze them right? Can you take frozen eggs on your cooler, will they stay frozen until the 2nd week, and you can use them then?

Nice and warm today, trying to prepare for the snow again, got all my seedlings outside, they wont go out tomorrow, then wont again on Sat and Sunday.

Trying to plan Easter dinner for Sat. DS has to work Sunday night so will sleep most of the day.
    Its really weird this yr. my Dad passed on Good Friday, April 14, but Good Fri is mar. 25th. this year. so its really early this year.

today
    wipe down cabinets
    clean out pots and pan cabinet
    finish out a couple jobs
    make out a menu plan
    check grocery sales

have a good one!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello all - breezy here today but sunny and no snowflakes. i am hoping spring has sprung in ohio.

hikr00 -I did get my weeks master list done and I am happily marking things off as I get them done. The daily list seemed to get lost and pushed back and then I would feel guilty. This way I have all week to complete my chores.

pinetree/Rabbit - former pack rat here but now after this next thrift drop off I think I will be the opposite of a packrat. I just kept going thru it all and thru it all. We had a big dumpster when we sold our house and it has been about 12 more years since then but each time i could see progress. Just my husband and I, no children. I have a small box of treasures but i dont collect anything anymore. I find that i really like less now. Easier to clean and find things. For me its actually peaceful. I did take pictures of collections and things I wanted to remember and that is nice when I want to look back.

ilc - i dread the pollen on everything. Our car is gray and covered with pollen isnt a good look. haha thankfully my husband is always cleaning the car so it doesnt stay long. Reminds me to stock up on kleenex too.

gramb - was the pinched nerve making you dizzy. About twice a year I wake up to a spinning room and its my neck. A trip to the chiro will fix me up but it is a weird feeling. They call me the spinner at the chiro. Hope your feeling better.

hope everyone is good and getting thru their day.

ToDos - keeping up with the master list. I put ham/beans/potatoes in crockpot for supper. Going to start again on my paper piecing. Making a summer wreath for the door.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I don't freeze eggs to take, no. I was wondering about freezing hard boiled eggs but then decided I was being ridiculous. We sit around relaxing at some point in every trip, so how hard would it be to just boil up some more while we're there? I have two or three stoves in the camper and I bet eggs could be done in the Crock, too. Gotta check on that. ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Okay, so I checked and apparently you just put the eggs in the Crock, either in one layer or stacked, add water or don't, add salt and vinegar or not, and cook on low or on high for 2 1/2 hours or maybe 4 1/2. But apparently it can be done successfully so I'm going to try that at home. It would be nice to put them in the Crock and then go spend a few hours doing sightseeing and come back to the camper to nice hot boiled eggs. Or just let them do their thing while we're sitting around doing a bunch of nothing, our favorite vacation (in)activity.

ILC, I've been combining cleaning supplies of the same type lately, too, so I can get rid of the containers with little dabs of stuff in. And I'm starting to use some of the stuff that's been around here forever for things it wasn't intended for, like the rug shampoo that's been here so long I can't recall buying it because we haven't had a house with carpet in it for decades. It doesn't suds a lot so I'm using it to wash rugs in the washer to get rid of it. It sure makes a difference just combining things.

EB, I'm going the same direction as you with all the stuff. I don't think we'll ever be minimalists and we've already decided we probably won't ever want a smaller house, but we're finding more and more stuff to get rid of no matter how much we already got rid of, less stuff we want to buy in the first place no matter how cheap it is, and feeling much more peaceful and less stressed the more we get rid of. Love that, and never would have believed it ten years ago. We do NOT want to go into retirement with a house that needs a ton of work and is loaded with too much stuff.

I forgot to mention the electrician that said they'd come and finish our wiring a year or so ago and then didn't, the same people who came recently to fix our furnace, called yesterday to say they could come next week to get the wiring done! So excited! It should have been done years ago. Now if we can just get the guy who did our roof to come out and side the cabin, we'll have most all the big stuff done that we need contractors for.

Still working on food lists. Who knew it would take this long? It's kinda fun though. I found out I can eat 1/4 of a brown sugar/cinnamon Pop Tart for the lowly sum of only 2 Smart Points! I'm happy about that. We used to take Pop Tarts all the time for camping but quit that because they're just too bad for us. But a little at a time is doable, so now I can buy some again. Not that they're so great and since we haven't had them in so long now, we'll probably hate them once we have one again. It wouldn't be the first time that happened. Remember those greasy little brown and serve sausage patties? We used to eat those all the time but then quit, and bought some when we got the motor home in 2002 for a 'treat'. Ewwwwww! They made us both sick since we hadn't had them in years, and we haven't bought them since.

I came up with some ideas of how I might be able to work on the cabana before I can put it on the trailer. I just have to decide if I want to take the chance, because if I do it wrong it's going to be a huge problem. Patience isn't my strongest point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's an interesting article about habits: Tips on breaking bad habits - latimes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-I thought of you when i woke up from my nap w/ poor abused Huntys foot in my ear as he lay on his back. He is so good w/ Dh. snuggles right up to him on the bed and sits on his lap in the chair. He likes being called a "good nursey dog".
    I was just not thinking and giving all the dogs an equal share. Well the 26# dog cant have what a 110# dog consumes. And we ahve made a beggar of him. I dont mind too much because he was so scared to ask for anything before. All cowing down and licking us apologetically. He trusts us and that old butts a wigglin' now. That feels better. After HW though I donty think fat is a good idea.

Piddled away the day doing little bits of this and that in between DH care. He tries real hard to be self sufficient but too far most times. using a cane of the stairs w/ a heavy backpack and a bag in his hand-is crazy making for me.
    ILC-as long as he doesnt push to exhaustion. I nap and he stays up? Lot of uncertainty and anxiety. He was perusing his current medical records to get specifics. Gotta be who you are.
    BBL gotta get DD.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I got my Sustain lessons all caught up. I fell off the wagon over winter. No excuse, since no excuse is good enough not to make my own healthy eating a priority. Anyway, that's done till they unlock the new lesson on Sunday.

They linked me to some articles on the costs of and the reality of living with both heart disease and diabetes, and how bad things can get if people don't make the necessary lifestyle changes. It's a big incentive for me to get my weight down significantly in hopes of avoiding both. Scary, scary crap.