2016 To Do Challenge - Page 104
Page 104 of 351 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yep, scarey stuff.

FW, LOL, wiggle, wiggle, I'm still waiting for a picture of that little puppy boy!! Thats something I would do, fed the same to little and bigger ones! Poor little feller!!
    Hope your day was better.

EB, Is this storm suppose to hit you? They put a bunch of blizzard warning up tonight, ha, will see what we get, they say the wind might blow up tp 50mph, this could be fun...

Sleep well everyone!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I got antsy and called in early and no jury duty tomorrow! It was settled out of court! I am very happy about that as it is at least an hour drive in the middle of nowhere to get to the courthouse. Nothing good in that direction at all.....no good stores, no pretty scenerie......just a very depressed area.

On the answering machine was a message from my father in law saying his wife passed away today. Not unexpected, she has had dementia or althimerzs or something? Older than him at 92 or more years old? They married after my husband was long gone from the home. I feel really guilty I did not cry.....I feel bad for him but it was best for her I feel. The place her kids had her in was horrible in my opinion. ( I was only there once in 6 months and hubby was not there at all, it is 4 hours from here) I love his father dearly, probably more than any of his kids, he was definitely not father of the year. His step mom I never connected to at all. I felt everything I did was wrong and anything you tried to talk about she had a better story of how her kids or grankids did it better. ......but as always I feel guilty for my feelings..... They are not a close family at all and I have tried over the years to plan things but it just really doesn't seem to happen. Everyone is busy and in my mind a bit selfish. Just kind of a sad situation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well,sad to report Hunter got injured tonight. He went at Yogi and w/ the stress here things got bad and Yogi went after him. Hunter was at the E-clinic. He has 2 pucture woulnds in his bac,1 on each side of an ear and a rip by his throat, It cost me $270. but I couldnt afoord the $1400. estimate they wanted so I just got the antibiotic shot,had them shave the areas and went home w/ a painkiller and 2 antibiotic/anti inflammatory. Just what I needed ladies. Tomorrow he has to get put out to have his neck sewn. He is asleep now and I am waiting to give him more meds. If this crap keeps up I'm going to need some anti anxiety meds-no kidding. I am nerved out.

TDN-so sorry to hear.
    SD-yes, And a PITA too. Stress popped my sugar tonight as I rushed to the clinic,was late for my meds as they screwed around for 3 hrs. and I had just eaten carbs and sugar in the form of Spaghetti. Diabetes never lets you stop thinking about diabetes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--Sorry that you are having problems. Prayers going up.

Today I am finally taking Dmom shopping, mailing stuff, recycling clothes hangers,make pulled pork for dinner, and grocery shopping. I need to get a haircut, but don't know if that will happen today or not. Feeling better, but a storm is brewing and will be here late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW.....I am so sorry about poor Hunty! Just what you did not need right now is more stress and a big vet bill!

I bought 4 lbs of hamburger at Costco I need to make into meatballs and something else, general reset of the house, waiting to hear if we are going to father in laws and if there is a service. Sadly, yesterday he did not want us to come up. Will see what he says today......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I am so so sorry about Hunty but especially for all the issues you've got going on right now.

TDN, glad the jury duty got cancelled! That is so sad about your father-in-law's situation----it sounds as though his wife wasn't very likable, which makes it hard on you and your DH.

Gbug, good that you feel better. Stay safe in the bad weather.

pinetree, your DS has an impressive attendance record! Sounds like my DD's boyfriend---he saves up sick days so he can go fishing or hunting.
    What is the latest that there has ever been snow where you are? June? July?

SD, earlybird, Niko, RABBIT, Ayanka, Bernice, StartingOver, hikr, and anyone else I missed--hi! Post when you can.

Our retired teachers' luncheon yesterday was a lot of fun and the food was awesome. It's always good to see people that I spent years of my life working with.
    Last night, for the second night in a row, I had a touch of vertigo, I think, but it also seemed like a migraine aura. Some dizziness and when I walked I wanted to veer to the left a little. No nausea, no headache. I went to bed early and today feel fine.

For Wednesday:

1) Laundry IN PROGRESS
    2) Mop (from yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that)
    3) Finalize Easter menu
    4) Give bathrooms a swish'n'swipe
    5) Clean floor of pantry

Have a good day, everyone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-great that it has passed. Maybe it was just sinus this time?
    TDN-going after the leftover of spaghetti for lunch. Meatballs all gone as I just made about 12.

Thanks you all. Hunty is at our vet for 1 stitch in the neck and I can get him about 3:30 or so. My cost will top at $600 but not the $1400 the E-clinic estimate tried for. I feel so bad for him because he is in pain. Know though that he started it. He flew through the air and grabbed Yogis side and bit it and he has harrassed him many time. I have a feeling his Napolean complex may be over.
    Pretty sure I am taking a nap soon as I stayed up until 2 a.m. waiting to give him meds He slept thru from the meds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh no fw, so sorry you have this to deal with along with all the other stress of your DH. Hope Hunty is feeling better soon.

TDN, sorry to hear about your FIL's wife.

pinetree, your son sounds like my DH. In the 34 years we have been married, he has missed 3 days for being sick.

Hi to everyone else!

The closing program for AWANA went well last night. As much as I enjoy volunteering, I am looking forward to my Tuesday's not being so rushed. Since it's my day off I am catching up around here.

1 - make cheddar muffins, soup (muffins are done)
    2 - dailies
    3 - laundry (done)
    4 - pack car for tomorrow (done)
    5 - return books to library (done)
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Baking up a double batch of meatballs now......new pnterest recipe. Still have 2 of the 3 pks of ground beef left. Found a new recipe for picadilo( never made it before) then might just brown the rest for tacos? Organized the freeze this morning and love having it stocked with prepared meats! Need to work on chicken next.....and incorporate fish 1x a week for hubby into the menu plan. Trying to get him healthy!

So no service for mother in law.......and father in law does not want us ( or hubbys sisters) to come up. He is meeting with mother in laws kids Friday to discuss arrangements......not sure what that all entails. Also, not sure how involved her kids are going to be in his life with her gone. They are doing pretty much everything for him that he needs help with. We want to come help, he tells us no, they will do it.( he did finally let us come up about a month ago, we stayed overnight, I took all the food prepared already and worked my butt off deep cleaning. We had a surprisingly nice visit so I am surprised he does not want us to come up even just for the day) Not fair to his step kids we know but what do you do? We are not going to drive 4 hours to see him when he tells us not to come. He made his choice years ago when they moved to be near her kids. He seems to have gladly taken them as his family. Just sad for his own kids but sadly they are used to it. I am pretty sure he is not going to have enough to live on with only 1 social security check now. Mother in laws final bill at nursing home was taken as a lean against the house we were told. He has no savings. His house is not worth much( old manufactured home on land that had a slide and no longer has a canal view because of trees growing up ( not on his property). The whole thing is just frustrating. He is not in good health( long time smoker, heart problems) Honestly we never thought he would live this long. We can see him just giving up now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got groceries bought, Dmom went shopping, Mailed pkgs., recycled hangers. Pulled pork sandwiches and potato salad done for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got Hunty back w/ multiple neck stitches. Dd got him a toy he loves and is carrying everywhere. Trying to get him out w/o it in the rain. He's a little skitish but doesnt seem in pain.

Dh is doing well getting things done and up on crutches except for stairs. He can do everything almost for himself so that helps me enormously. DD is catering to him and bought him ranch bagel chip from her work she made.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

big hugs TDN and FW2. How's the PICC line going?

I got put on a new med for insomnia, it doesn't work until 5am and then I sleep til 11 and then am in a daze all day, even though I take it at 8p. Need to talk to the doc. Had sleep study, they made me sleep on my back which I never, ever do because I know I have apnea on my back and I am a lifelong side sleeper. I need CPAP but I'm going to ask if I only have apnea on my back can we wait and let me try to lose wt and continue side sleeping. My insurance pays little towards it.

today I did 5 loads of laundry but did not fold. Spent 3 hrs helping Dmom with iPad and on phone with Apple. Spent hours trying on her wedding outfits that came in the mail even though she is pretty set on a dress. Found the only elasticized ballet slippers in the world in a WW to allow for her fluid on Zappos, they are black, dress is blue, close enough, lol. I pray they are wide enough

tomorrow MD appt, clean house for Easter (brother and fiancee coming for weekend), sneak in a pedicure in case Easter is nice enough for sandals. Fold laundry, although my room will be last to be cleaned, I can just shut the door. Little overwhelmed by thoughts of vacuuming and bending a lot to clean, have not really been doing well with keeping BP up. I'll do a little tomorrow and a little Friday and it will have to be good enough.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice, don't overdo and not enjoy your company. Your family is not there to see your house. They want to see you. Have fun.

We got a lot of lightening and thunder and a little rain, but nothing else last night. Some had hail and high winds. Going to get my haircut today. Probably will work i the garden if it is not too windy. Gotta get the rest of my garden planted, but will probably wait until after Easter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-Hope you can. Plant something for me as I prob. wont garden again this year.

Bernice=Dh is doing well maintaining the line and doing the antibiotic drips. The nurse was happy so I'm happy? He's doing his thinner shots too. I taught him not to stab himself. Men?..

Hunty is doing ok. He has a good appetite and is going outsdie for business. I put the meds in his dinner 10-1 he licked around them!! I found out he weighs 29# now so as soon as this is over-diet boy.

DH has a surgeon recheck today so thats the main focus of the day. I think I may pack lunch to keep us on budget.
    DD is off today but she has been asked to work full time in the bakery as asst. cake decorator. She could get FT consistant hrs. but the cafe lady doesnt want to lose her either-nice. She is hoping to get permission for over 40 hrs. She needs this.

Shower
    laundry
    DH
    cat litter
    DW
    etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post

Bernice=Dh is doing well maintaining the line and doing the antibiotic drips. The nurse was happy so I'm happy? He's doing his thinner shots too. I taught him not to stab himself. Men?..
    don't be alarmed if he gets gigantic bruises if he's on the thinner that gets put in the abdomen. He'll look like he got beat up, it's just the thinner reacting to the shot. I am so glad he is doing well.

good luck to DD

I can drive if my heart rate and BP are normal, I'm not dizzy and I'm having a good brain day! my father has to watch me for a while and I have a 5 mile radius. Which is fine with the whole getting lost thing, I don't want to go further. I don't want the GPS to be a distraction but I'm gonna need it