2016 To Do Challenge - Page 105
Page 105 of 351 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-thanks but we both have been on thinners before. He has 1 good one. We are trying to be careful w/ the big dogs too. Congrats on the driving. Maybe on a good brain day concoct a test you have to pass so you know things are sharp. I used to play word whomp to sharpen up sometimes. Find something like math your good at and make youeself pass a test?? What I'm saying is checks and balances.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, you're not snowed in, are you? I saw where the Denver airport had lots of the white stuff and the subsequent problems.

fw, good for your DD! Sounds like she's a good worker. Glad Hunter is doing all right. Also your DH.
    Try to get some rest when you can.

Bernice, yea for you, being able to drive! I agree with Gbug, don't worry too much about a clean house, just shut doors to messy rooms.

Gbug, the western part of Georgia is forecast for some rough weather today but all we're supposed to get is rain overnight and into tomorrow morning. Easter is 100% chance of thunderstorms.

RABBIT, TDN, SD, and everybody else, hi.

More dizziness last night. I cancelled my hair appointment this a.m. because I just didn't want to attempt driving even though it's only 7 minutes away. I guess I could have asked DH to take me but he's busy with working on the house and I didn't want to disturb his momentum.

For Thursday:

1) Clean up kitchen
    2) Fold up the last of the clean laundry
    3) Vacuum our bedroom
    4) Set up dining room table for Easter dinner
    5) Gather some items to donate
    6) Change sheets on our bed

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm back, our electric is back on, yes, we are snpwed in, we couldn't get DIL out this morning, the snow is so deep and wet, its hard to move, in our lowest spot we have 15 inches, now where it drifted, well we aren't going to walk thru it to measure it. It comes up over DIL's butt when shes in the driveway.

yesterday was one of the most stressful days of my life, all of us are totally exhausted.

Woke up at 7am to DS yelling that he needed help, we woke up to about 7 inches, snow broke a branch in a tree and it landed on top of his hi-low camper, looks like we have damage to the door, but have to wait until we get rid of all the snow first, everybody ran around trying to find cats and trying to save trees, I lost another cherry, snow broke it in half, sob.. all the trees were pretty much on the ground, as it warms up I suppose more will break.
    10:45 we lost electric, not to worried, it usually comes rigth back on, well after a few hours, DH called the power company and said we need a generater to run my oxygen and guess what! They said they don't do that anymore, and tell me to just go hang out at the hospital!! Now we are talking white out and over a foot on the ground. DH called a rental store, got DS up after only getting an hours sleep, jumped into his F350 4- wheel drive and couldn't make it 1/4 a mile.
    Now, a biggie here, we filled a jug of gas, BUT did not remember it wont last like the old gas does, and forgot to put the stuff in that makes it last ( stabilizer), so we had NO gas!
    Mean time DIL is covering the 90 gal salt tank with blankets trying to keep heat in, plus taking out and dumping water in every 1/2 hr to keep the air in the tank!

Finally got the generator running, found out at 5pm, a town close had generaters, if we could make it by 7, thats when they closed, so DS and DH took off again, they finally made it half way there and the electric started to pop back on, so they headed back home, I started to fix something to eat, we ate hot food, and DS HAD to go into work, they did not cancel, so he took off again, to work 8 hrs after getting 1 hours sleep. Boy did I feel bad, but they sent everyone home at 1 am, no trucks could make it in to the co. roads were still closed, So hopefully he gets a bunch of sleep today.

Ugh I thought we were better prepared then this! Everyone wanted cupa soup, Well I cant eat that now! SO I had pretty much nothing I could grab and eat The kids smoker needs electricity to run, the bbq was buried, and the deck was completely drifted over. so I had hot water. Need to rethink all this, and make sure we have fresh gas, food, fruits and veggies, nope we didn't make it to the store either!

Well neighbor is here with the bobcat to help dig us out so I'll be back later!!

FW, I am in tears, I'll be back...
    Last edited by pinetree; 03-24-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thats right. I have and had bruises all over me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree, I'm so sorry about all of that. I can't believe they said that about your oxygen. Our companies give patients a ginormous tank that lasts like 12 hrs to use as backup in case of no power, maybe you could get one of those? "go hang at the hospital" in a blizzard and what if you were alone and had no way to get there? I'm mad on your behalf!

FW2, i do forced hours of reading a day and play Words with Friends to keep sharp. I used to be a WWF champ, now I play 2 and 3 letter word, lol. My kids are happy, they beat me.

I got no sleep so hopped up early, changed sheets, got a pedicure to get rid of winter calluses (I bought this little electric device that will keep them at bay now that the worst is gone so no more pedicures), didn't sleep last night so took an hour nap, put away 3 loads of laundry. Got the guest room presentable. Cleaned a BR but not the tub (it looks clean, I use that daily spray stuff) or the floor. Paid bills. My room is halfway done in terms of clutter. Have to stop for awhile.

Do people really love getting pedicures? the place was freezing especially taking my feet in and out of the water, I could live without the massage, I'm a get in, get it done and get me out kind of person. It doesn't relax me at all and I keep thinking I shouldn't spend the money. People ooh and ahh over Spa Day gift certificates, I just don't get it. It is nice to look down and see pretty feet, though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC_oh dont worry I slept!!
    Sorry Bernice just a suggestion.

Pinetree-so sorry about that whole saga. Glad your safe though. Hunty has a good appetite and is visiting the other dogs thru the backyard fence. Other than that I want the neck stitches to heal. The back and ear are already scabbing. The toy is less important so i know he is getting over it. He was really pushing it w/ Yogi on who is daddys dog and who is the boss. But jumping at him again was enough apparently. Mikey stayed out of it and Mackey jumped over him like a parent in an explosion. I doubt he learned a thing which concerns me. He g rowled at Yogi over his toy already. Little dogs!!

Great report from the surgeon. Xray looks good as well as the incision. The antibiotics are preventative he thinks they got all the infections (yes staff and something else) ,he told DH he shold go for the job he's interveiwing for (when he thinks I dont hear lol),the boot is so loose from the swelling going down he needs to call the guy and get refitted. We have to go back in 10 days. Need to continue the home care,antibiotics,and thinners. He can drive in a few days. 1 more surgery in 6 weeks. And thats all relieving. Oh course Dh had gone on the internet and scared himself blue.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Also got a prescription for a kneeling scooter. Dh said the basic is $300. and that they rent them. So I will call the ins. and seeif they will pay. Things are progressing.
    Thanks to everyone.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yay FW! Good news and you so deserve it! Hope it can ease your stress a little.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TGIF and Blessed Good Fri. to all who celebrate. Up w/ my age. Going to sneak little dog out and then go back to sleep. Making a list today so I can be more efficient.
    Clean out van a bit
    Do all the litter
    laundry for Dh and myself
    hit bank and maybe a few groc. items for Easter
    continue to walk dog seperate until those stitches are farther along,
    need to start calling on a few ins. items.
    Hopefully the rain stops.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, busy week. I was chief baby wrangler yesterday so that was exhausting but fun. The baby is cutting a tooth and has a cold so it was a rough morning for her with tears and running nose etc. She sobbed on my lap for 40 minutes before she finally passed out. Poor kid. She was much happier when she woke up though and we played a few rousing games of peek a boo and let the dogs in and out 37 times before she fell asleep on me again till the oldest got home from preschool. I stopped at the store on the way home and got the stuff I need for Easter dinner and Easter basket fillers for the kids. Today I need to go to the library and fuel up the car. I also need to get some cleaning done...sweeping, clean bathrooms specifically. Tomorrow is an all day affair with the oldest DGD basketball practice we are going to watch then it's Maine Maple Saturday so we will all head to a sugarhouse after practice for tours,demos and samples then a family lunch out. By the time we get home DH will need a nap and I figured then I can start prepping for Easter dinner. I usually make homemade rolls so I can get those started and then Sunday I'll just need to zap them to reheat. I also want to make the mashed potatoes (I use the pioneer woman recipe where you make them before then refrigerate till the big day then reheat in oven). Delicious, Creamy Mashed Potatoes | The Pioneer Woman

FW I'm so sorry about Hunty and the fight (and the hit to your pocketbook). I'm glad he got a new toy though and it sounds like he's very proud of it and showing it off. LOL. That's so great about DD and the job. That will be fun decorating cakes. Plus more hours would be awesome. So glad all went well with the recheck. And that's great the surgeon said he can pursue the interview. And that's awesome the infection is under control! That was scary thinking that was running loose through his system.

Bernice I hope they can find a way to get the insomnia meds adjusted so you sleep at the normal times and wake up refreshed and not groggy. That's great they'll let you do a little driving. I know you'll be careful about it and won't go out if you feel fuzzy at all. Scary being on the roads at times. I have friends that just jump up and down for a GC for a pedicure. I don't get it either. It's just not my thing. I occasionally paint my toes but for the most part I don't even bother with that because I don't like to see anyone's toes so I can't imagine they want to see mine. LOL. They only appear at the beach, boat or pool. Then again, I've never had a manicure either so what do I know?? LOL! Nails just aren't my deal at least when it comes to professional care..I do paint my fingernails more than my toenails though.

ILC I"m sorry about the recurring vertigo. That's a tough one. My Mom had that occasionally. There was a medication they gave her for when it was bad and I can't recall the name. It it was a brief spell she was OK but sometimes they'd go on for days.

Pinetree what a nightmare you guys had. I heard Denver was hit really hard. I can't believe there is no support for oxygen tank usage. Go hang at the hospital it not a practical plan when you're dealing with what you dealt with. They really need to get a better setup for that type of thing. Were you able to track all the cats? I'm so sorry for all of that. The good thing is at least you know where the weak spots are in planning and can work to be better prepared if something like that happens again. But what a massive headache.

Hi GB, StartingOver, WJCalderon, Niko and anyone I missed.

Rabbit how is Cadbury? I've been thinking of Gobie and Bomba and forgot to ask about Cadbury. I'm glad the AWANA program went well.

TDN I'm sorry for your loss. That's a shame all the way around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Friday. Don't forget to download your free Iams cat treats on your Kroger card today. Going to PT this morning. DH is off today and BIL is coming over. Don't know what is ahead today. No real plans.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Good Friday to everyone!

TDN, I am sure it's emotionally draining for you to think about your FIL and what he is going through, emotionally and financially but if he's refusing help there's not much you can do. I am one of those people who is very independent so I will probably be the same way when I get older. Hugs going out to you.

Bernice, I would hate someone touching my feet! I am not a feet person, I don't like my feet or anyone else's!!

fw, great news from the surgeon! That has got to take a load of you. Glad to hear that Hunty is starting to feel better too. I live with 2 reactive dogs, of course it's the two terriers, so I have to manage my household. You have different issues with your dogs but you might be in the same boat as me as far as keeping the peace.

hikr, boy have you been crazy busy, in a good way of course! The grandkids are lucky to have such an involved Grandma in their lives. I have such a good time with my great nephews and just can't understand why my sister is not involved in their lives at all. Cadbury is doing great, he will be turning 10 in May. He seems to be doing well on his own now. He does like a lot more attention than he used to though and because he's the only bunny he gets spoiled. He does his cute little sit up and beg look and I fall for it every time and give him a raisin. He has me trained.

1 - dailies
    2 - dogs bath
    3 - wipe down shelves downstairs
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Rabbbit. I am very independent too so I do understand. If my spouse had just died I would not want to have to sit around talking to people. Even on a good day I do not like having company really and he is the same way.

Need to get moving and get some groceries
    Still working in the craft room, I will post pictures when done, I know pinetree wanted to see the floor. We have cut down an old desk that was from my gramas bouse( rough shape, not an antique or anything valuable) . Well I should say hubby cut it down. I have it primed and will paint today. It will fit in to the old closet in the craft room with other salvaged shelving for storage. Everything is white so hopefully it will make all this old stuff look good. Kind of a built in look is what I am going for.
    That will keep me busy today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hey all,
    -DW unloaded and reloaded running
    -towels reset to dry more
    -got the bsmt cat litter flipped still need to do the MIL apt and fam. rm.
    -waiting for Dh to finish showering to do a load
    -need to take Hunty out

Thanks Rabbit-it is a load because now Hunty needs meds and seperate time and walks it is good. Dh wants to work again already (so stoopid) so i am dropping back. He is going to drive today I guess. Hes not taking pain meds now because the pain is mostly less than he's used to. I just worry about the thinners and getting out and around.
    We got meds delivery today,the nurse tomorrow,wed, is the refitting of the boot and thurs is his regular internist. And of course every day is IV antibiotics day and thinners night. I guess it will settle down next week.
    I need to run to the froc. today after I drop off DD at noon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm with you, Rabbit. I was thinking when I read Bernice's post that 'pretty feet' is an oxymoron!

FW, I was thinking about your kneeling scooter situation. Have you asked your husband if he needs it? If he's home all the time and getting around fine with crutches, maybe the scooter isn't really necessary. If it was me, I'd ask the doctor. Sometimes doctors use a one size fits all approach to patients instead of adapting to individual situations, so you might be able to save some money having a discussion about it if your husband doesn't feel he needs the scooter. Just one of those random thoughts that ran through my head at 3 AM this morning.

Not sure about my agenda today. Cleaning up the kitchen, no doubt. Maybe making some WW enchiladas for supper and the freezer. Maybe more work on the travel food lists. The fog is beginning to lift on that project and I'm feeling much more hopeful about being able to stay in control of food on vacation this year.

We're supposed to get a nuisance snow today. I hate the idea. I'm so ready to get the trash hauled, the camper into its summer spot, the AAR modified, and a bunch of other things I want to do that wet ground won't let me do. All in good time, I guess.