2016 To Do Challenge - Page 106
Page 106 of 351 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5254
    TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit deer that is a good thought about the scooter. If it was my husband he would not need it. Really no where he would go that he could use something like that.

FW......I think it is a good thing that your husband is thinking about getting back to work. He probably needs something to look towards and think about. Hopefully it is not a stressful thing for him to think about though. Sounds like he is doing really good! Sounds like you have a hard working husband!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Neither of us would probably use a scooter either, TDN. I guess that's what made me think about it. That, and my habit of questioning doctors about things I don't understand the need for. Sometimes they can explain why I need something and then I see the point. Sometimes when I've discussed with them the particulars of our situation, they agree there is no need. It's always worth getting them to clarify, IMO.

In our house, anything on wheels is a challenge because of the way the flooring is finished off between rooms, which always hangs up wheels because the flooring isn't flush from room to room. Some of our doorways would be too narrow for something like that scooter, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TGIf and wishing everyone a Good Friday.

TDN, yes, I do want to see your floor, I'm hoping to have it in my house soon!!

Hikr, I am so glad you love and see your Grand kids, My poor son has never really had a Grandma, one is still alive lives 30 miles from here, he gets a Christmas and Birthday card. Thats it. She hasn't seen him since he was maybe 8yrs old. She was mad when I had him, she wanted a girl, she already had a Grandson. So you love on them!!
    No pressure, but did you foget the bean recipe, or did you send it and I didn't get it?

RABBIT, I thought of Cadbury the other day when I saw the blue bunny on the commercial for bluebunny ice cream. I'm still praying for the boys.

Bernice, Congratulations on driving!! WHoohoo!! Yippeee!! Now just be careful!!

SD, I can't wait to see what you are taking for food, I need to plan things out here alittle better, like you!!

FW, Broke my heart to hear about the fight and the puppy got hurt. Hope its all going better now, and really glad to hear your DH is doing so well!

IlC, Boy you would love it here with all the snow, we get the most snow in March, its so funny, Denver said they can't plow, they put them (the plows)away Mar 15th! Ha how stupid!!, Heres a list I thought you might like to look at, theres alot of spotters that didn't measure and send in. ( we are one!)

Impressive snow totals across Colorado | 9news.com

Hi to everyonne I missed!

So many people are kinda upset the sunrise service at red rocks was canceled. They got about 2 ft. of snow the other day, and now we are suppose to get more tonight,and all day sat. They couldn't clear all the snow out of it. Kinda sad, My Mom and Dad use to go, they would leave home at 2am to get there and get a place to park.

Yea! We have a drive way and it goes all the way to the road!! Its the little things that count!! Piles of snow maybe 6 ft. tall, we are suppose to get more snow all day tomorrow, so no outside hiding eggs for the kids. I think all the hunts in the parks are all canceled now.

We are prepared for the next ones coming! I'm going to fry some eggs, throw them in the freezer, then I can defrost them in the hot water to eat them! Thanks SD!!
    Propane tanks are now filled and we have gas and the generator is running.

Having pulled pork for Easter dinner tomorrow. We are dying Easter eggs too! I have a dozen for each one of us, DH bought a dye set that does gold eggs!! How fun!! Yea, my poor kid just goes along with all my ideas! They really do have fun tho, but bet they dont tell anyone!

Today
    grocery list
    make salads
    clean bathroom
    wash throw rugs

Have a wonderful day, be safe!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello everyone! I have a 4 day weekend and not real sure what I will do. I have a feeling it's going to be a very long weekend. DD is on spring break so maybe we can do something.

Wednesday we got a little over 5" inches of snow. Today it's just about gone. Crazy how that works! By Monday we will have temps in the 60s.

SD - in your travels to the Black Hills have you ever stopped at The Cosmos? We stop there every time we go out that way. It's about a 30 minute tour. It's just a weird freak of nature. There are demonstrations of people that change in height and water that flows uphill! In certain spots it's hard to stand upright. Some people complain of nausea but I nor my family ever felt that way. We also have taken some cave tours. I really enjoyed it. They last about a hour and it involved climbing stairs and lots of walking. We personally like Keystone. We enjoy the Alpine Slide. You can take a chair lift to the top and have lunch or a drink and enjoy the views of Mt Rushmore.

Today I need to:
    1) pick up a prescription
    2) pick up dry cleaning
    3) get some groceries
    4) get 2 gift cards for the kids Easter gift. I just give them a bag of their favorite candy with a GC to their favorite eating spot.
    5) attend Good Friday service at 5:30

I've got pork chops in the crock pot and will probably have mashed potatoes and a veggie. Need to make the beds yet and fold one last load of laundry.

Both kids are working Easter Sunday. DH and I have been invited to a few different places which will be nice.

DS is moving AGAIN. His third move in 3 years. I've asked if he needed help but said he's got it taken care of. I even volunteered to clean his apartment so he for sure could get his security deposit back. He said he'd let me know if he needed help. Sigh.....I hate the feeling of not being needed.

I really want to see the new movie that is out with Jennifer Garner - "Miracles from Heaven". A group of ladies from my church group are talking about going and we are trying to set a date. It will be fun!

I've got to get going and get things done. It's so easy to lose track of time when I'm on the site. Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to forget about you. I was just working on a puzzle and thought "I forgot to comment on pinetree's worst day ever!!!". OMG what a day you had. Hopefully you'll never have another one like that again. I can't believe the response you got to your oxygen machine, good grief. Hugs going out to you. You do not need that kind of stress, although I think you handled it better than I would have.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    Bernice, I would hate someone touching my feet! I am not a feet person, I don't like my feet or anyone else's!!
    feet was my nursing kryptonite, I hated cleaning feet, give me all the guts and gore but please don't ask me to do your feet. Of course I did them, holding back gags. Today my dad goes, "I would've gone for a pedicure with you." He can't reach his nails with his arthritis. He knows how I feel about feet but I did them anyway. He has nice normal feet so I survived, lol.

Still have two clutter zones in room, hope to combine into one area and work on that over time. Vacuumed, I cannot believe how tiring vacuum is when you haven't been doing it. Put away the last two loads of laundry. Stopping for now.

have a good Good Friday everyone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OH RABBIT, Its OK, don't worry about it!! I get on here and my brain just goes blank, I forget 1/2 of what I wanted to say. But Thanks for thinking about me! Have fun with your puzzle!

I must admit tho, I do not handle stress very well now. I used my Dad's nick name for me, ( crybaby) well too many times, and kinda felt like a fool, but, just could not hold back.. I am SO dehydrated now, HAHAHA lol ....It just felt like the whole world was coming down on me. I need to let other people handle things, and learn I can't do it anymore, which is really hard, I dont like counting on someone else. Even now I can't go help shovel, I just get told to sit down and take it easy.

SO, I know exactlly what you mean when you feel like you aren't needed. It kinda hurts!

ILC, You do know that the airport is no longer in Denver? The new one well here we say its out by Kansas, its way out on the plains, in tornado alley, here. They take the snow totals and its nothing like what is in town anymore.

Bernice, you are really getting alot done!

FW, I could use the scooter here! I could zip around the ouse putting things where they should be!! smile....
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, SO. We haven't been to The Cosmos but we've looked at going a lot. It just seemed like one of those tourist traps they're so good at in the Hills. I'll mention it to Husby and see what brochures he has. He collects them and if he was a puppy, he'd wag his tail every time I asked him for info he's collected. LOL. We always travel with our dog(s) so there are some places we either can't go to at all or have to take turns, so not everything works out for us.

We haven't spent much time in Keystone, but we have been there. We've been to Wind Cave NP and Jewel Cave NP. I have to be in the right mood to go into a cave, although we do like cave tours. We loved Blanchard Springs cave in Arkansas. It was so amazing! I might be less paranoid about caves if A) I could forget about the billion tons of rocks lurking overhead to fall on me, and B) had never read Blind Descent by Nevada Barr!

Something's blowing in from the west. It's getting darker here all the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok the scooter is Dr. prescribed and will be used out. Its too tight to use in the house plus Tails! If he goes back to work or has to go any distance crutches are too hard for him. He is heavy and not the most coordinated soul. This isnt a motorized item as some of you think apparently and not for zipping. The second operation will not allow toes touching and zero weight on the ankle. I do wish we could try it out somewhere but what you do is call and they deliver.

Got the new shipment of meds for him. I have a feeling they cost our medical ins. bill monthly alone. Once a week we will get it delivered.
    Feeling decent today so i refilled all the soaps, reset the clocks,threw Dh's hospital clothes in the wash,refolded and neatened up the towels in the linen closet,did the DW load just need to put away #2,drove DD from work and to again,Hunter care,and Dh care like lunch and reorganized his meds and took out the garbage,got the bathroom and the bsmt boxes done. Taking a short break before the Fam. rm. care. Need to dump that old food ididnt get to and have lunch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello all - playing catch up.
    Pinetree - no storm here. it arced right over us to which i am very glad. just read of your saga with the storm, hope your getting cleared out. no electric is really a bad situation when you have oxygen.

fw - so sorry to hear about your dog. sounds like it was a serious tussle. now you have another patient to take care of. glad your husband is doing so well. take care of yourself.

bernice - i use cpap and it was really one of the best things i have ever done. i was like a new person in just a few days. sleep is so important, i hope you can get it figured out.

tdn - sorry for your loss. i am the same that i wouldnt want alot of people around during my grief. maybe you could take a drive later on to visit. your craft room redo sounds nice. i will await the pictures too.

i am not a pedi or mani person. i use my hands way too much so nothing would ever last long. i did once have where they dip your hands in layers of warm wax. that was heaven. but that is the extend of my spa-ing.

i pretty much did well on the weekly list of to-dos so i will make another master list for next week. we are just 2 for easter this year, everyone wanted to stay home so i am making spaghetti casserole, garlic bread and chocolate cake. i didnt realize that easter was so early and we had ham the week before.

if i dont get back before sunday i wish everyone a nice quiet Easter Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default For those who need a smile

I wish this was my pic, but I swiped it off the internet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, ahhhh look at those long legs!! The only thing that gave it away it wasn't your's... is the plate on the camper!

You really need to go down to Carlsbad and see the cave, you would love it, and see the bats too, so you'll have to plan on going when they are active.. I LOve caves, well they are full of my favorite thing, Rocks!!

EB, Its good it went around you! Happy Easter to you too.
    Its starting to snow here now, ugh, we aren't sure now much it might go south and get them down there, they are saying it depends where you are , what you will get.

FW, OK, I'll get my own, I was going to share. I think I will just get a tall bar stool or something tall where I can sit in the kitchen.
    I about killed myself trying to stand and make the frog eye salad.
    I can't go out shopping yet, so I can't take one out.

ILC, Where are ya? You doing ok or the vertigo got you again? Sending prayers up, you don't need that again!

Happy weekend!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-is that a calf or a full grown moose.
    EB-Hunty just went to pick up Dd. We got gas and he crawled all over the van exploring. He's doing well. And yes,it was pretty serious.

Missing the rescue a bit today but no time for it anyway. Better go make dinner

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-I had to laugh. I was replacing 2 bulbs in the ceiling fan for DH. I am kneeling on Ds old guitar stool. Unknown to me it rotates. Well leave it to Yogi I had a not so awesome balancing ride. Then DH is like can you turn off the light. Well this old fan has a 2" chain left so up on the stool goes not size 5 again! What is frog salad??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I must admit tho, I do not handle stress very well now. I used my Dad's nick name for me, ( crybaby) well too many times, and kinda felt like a fool, but, just could not hold back.. I am SO dehydrated now, HAHAHA lol ....It just felt like the whole world was coming down on me. I need to let other people handle things, and learn I can't do it anymore, which is really hard, I dont like counting on someone else. Even now I can't go help shovel, I just get told to sit down and take it easy.

SO, I know exactlly what you mean when you feel like you aren't needed. It kinda hurts!
    boy, do I understand this. I tried to vacuum, I could do my room, halfway through the LR, pulse was racing, dizzy and gonna fall, had to stop. I can't vacuum my one level home, so frustrating. I'm still only doing 10 mins 3xwk on the recumbent bike because that wipes me out. The doc said the other day I may never get my stamina back because I was down for almost 2 yrs. Well, I am not accepting that. It may take me years but someday I am going to be able to walk fast around the block with the dogs like a normal person. The dog puked on the duvet cover and duvet so I had to re-wash them. I felt like crying because getting that darn cover on practically kills me. It is frustrating not being well. I know nurses are bad patients but I am trying to be a good patient and have patience, lol.