2016 To Do Challenge - Page 107
Page 107 of 351 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, its a fruit salad made with Acini Di Pepe macaroni, which are little round balls, after they are cooked paople say they look like frog eyes. We love it, first time I made it was in Home Ec. ha 100 yrs ago! Cooks.com has a pretty good recipe.

Home depot for a chain extension!!

Careful on those moveable chairs, thats all we need is you faling and breaking something! But I cansee him pushingyou in circles!

From the looks of those legs, looks like a baby to me. Arent they jsut SO cute!!

SD Thanks SO much for the smile!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, Bernice, been there, still there, I cannot vacuum, my heart rate goes over 120 in a few seconds. I can only do it for a minute then have to sit down, then go again, you get no where when you have to sit every few minutes. Same with walking, I lose oxygen or the heart rate goes up to far, its like you are stuck in a vacuum tunnel, 2 steps forward 2 back!

I hope you can find away around it, you are doing so well now. Its funny tho, my cardio told me it can take up to 2yrs to recover, so after that you are at maxium recovery?

I have no patience either, I have always been a in charge person, not afraid of anything, well this stuff can really change you huh! I guess I 'm trying to tell you, that you are not alone! Hugs!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That would be a moose calf. Adult moose are ginormous.

I've always thought moose are living proof that God has a sense of humor.

Husby's tearing apart the treadmill so we can trash it. There's something wrong with the control panel and it sometimes takes off at about 90 with no warning. That's a great recipe for disaster. Oh, well. It cost us $10 but we got to try it out enough to see we really don't like treadmills anyway, so it was worth the money. I thought we'd have space for it in the family room but we won't, so it'll work out for the best anyway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Ok the scooter is Dr. prescribed and will be used out. Its too tight to use in the house plus Tails! If he goes back to work or has to go any distance crutches are too hard for him. He is heavy and not the most coordinated soul. This isnt a motorized item as some of you think apparently and not for zipping. The second operation will not allow toes touching and zero weight on the ankle. I do wish we could try it out somewhere but what you do is call and they deliver.

this is the knee scooter I was talking about a while ago, so much easier than crutches or hopping on one leg with a walker. But like all those things, it's a pain in the house. I think he'll like it for when he is out, they are very comfortable. Hope it works out. I am so impressed he is ready to work again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Oh, Bernice, been there, still there, I cannot vacuum, my heart rate goes over 120 in a few seconds. I can only do it for a minute then have to sit down, then go again, you get no where when you have to sit every few minutes. Same with walking, I lose oxygen or the heart rate goes up to far, its like you are stuck in a vacuum tunnel, 2 steps forward 2 back!

I hope you can find away around it, you are doing so well now. Its funny tho, my cardio told me it can take up to 2yrs to recover, so after that you are at maxium recovery?

I have no patience either, I have always been a in charge person, not afraid of anything, well this stuff can really change you huh! I guess I 'm trying to tell you, that you are not alone! Hugs!!
    thank you, you are not alone either. Our boats are very similar. I know I was always instructed to tell cardio patients no vacuuming but if they had a lightweight one, I didn't understand the reason why not at all. We have a lightweight one, now I get it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - can you imagine opening your camper door and seeing that face looking in?
    they really are comical.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EB, the bison was enough right outside our camper at six AM, thanks very much, and it was twenty feet away!

The wild donkey that unexpectedly shoved its whole head in through the truck window just made me laugh though. They're so darn cute!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rode my bike down the driveway and down the street and back. It is a great accomplishment for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

bernice-just found several on Walmart.com Am going to see what he thinks. About $200 free delivery. Prob. do that and write it off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WTG GB-havent been on mine for a few years. Need to scope out which and the 8 or so in the garage are of any worth.

Going to see in Dh wants to drive tomorrow. Supposed to be Sunny. Sun. rainy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Long time no see I haven't scrolled to far back in the thread, but enjoyed the pic of the baby moose. They are adorable, until you see that you are standing between it and it's mother. Then it is time to run and hide. BTDT, at 6 in the morning walking alone through a forest. It was the only way to get to work, but I took great care to avoid any more animal life the next couple of weeks. Give me a baying wolf at any time; mama moose is scary.

I'm home alone, and it feels fantastic. I don't think I have understood how tired I was; I've been working 110-120 % since Christmas, never quite finishing my tasks. Easter is a very long holiday in Norway; wednesday is a half day, thursdag, friday and monday are full public holidays. DH shipped the kids to the grandparents wednesday, while I wrapped up the last set of meetings. Thursday I sent DH to a festival in the capital, while I went to work in an empty office and did all the stuff that has been gnawing at my conscience for the last month. Friday (yesterday) I slept, napped, and relaxed on the coach with my kindle and netflix all day. I think I slept about 17-18 hours in total. The only thing of use I did all day was starting the dishwasher.

I don't have to pick up the kids and DH for another 20 hours. 20 hours to relax and do whatever I want. So what do I want to do?
    -Drive to the store and get some simple groceries, and easy to make meals
    -Relax on the coach
    -Get a nap
    -Surf the web
    -Go to bed and get a good night sleep

The good thing about working so much this winter, is that I now have 2 extra weeks of PTO in July. Together with the five weeks of vacation we get, that makes a good camping trip.
    Total paid/saved: $94 800
    Total goal: $272 900
    To do: $178 100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Sunny, but chilly here. Going to the local nursery. They hide Easter eggs and you get to find one that may be something free or with a discount. Gotta figure out what I am cooking today to take to DS and DIL's house tomorrow. Suppose to storm tonight. Got laundry going and that's about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome back, Gaja! Enjoy your time off!

Moose look like they're made from spare parts. That's why I think they're so funny-looking. I can't imagine seeing them looking in the window of the camper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What a cold and dreary day! Only 35 degrees and cloudy. It will be like this all day! Yesterday was a productive day. Got everything done on my list plus more than I had planned!

Have to go back to the grocery store as I was asked to make a salad and bring for our Easter lunch. Which I totally don't mind just wish I had known about it yesterday when I was there. The stores will be crazy busy today.

DD has to work today 3-10:30 her least favorite shift. Don't know what DS is doing. He usually works the holidays but I know he's moving, haven't heard from him so who knows.

Today I plan to:

1) fold load in dryer
    2) do 2 loads of laundry
    3) go to store for stuff to make a salad of some sort
    4) unload dishwasher
    5) clean bathrooms
    6) vacuum
    7) go to 4:30 church

No idea what to make for dinner. I think I'll call it a YOYO night (your on your own). DH is a big boy he can figure it out!

Want to call mom yet today as well. We try to talk every Saturday and we text just about every day. My folks are in their mid 70s and live the winter months in Texas. They are getting ready to come back and know they are busy trying to pack up. When they are down there they are so busy that most days it's hard to get a hold of them. I hope to be that way when I'm their age! Mom has more energy than me and gets so much done in a day that I often wonder how she does it. But she's always been that way.

Have a great day!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I just need to get the house all tidy for having my family over for lunch after church.
    Put another coat of paint on my desk
    Work in my craft room touching up paint, going through things and organizing
    Clean the fridge out......why do I not do this before I go grocery shopping??