2016 To Do Challenge - Page 108
Page 108 of 351 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108109110111118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

had some other guy's groceries delivered, that was a fun mess especially because it happened right around the time my brother said he would be here from Boston for lunch. Luckily he was late. I thought my dad was gonna burst a gasket. We are the perfect demographic for home delivery between my mom and me not being able to walk the grocery store and my dad has been having so much pain from surgery, shopping is hard for him. But they hate it and now this may be the final nail in the coffin. I know my dad hates it because he can't impulse shop, he buys everything he sees. Last time he came home with 5 loaves of different breads. He buys all his diabetic no no's. I told him order his "bad food" online, I don't care but at least have it delivered for $6 rather than be in pain running there 3 times a week. After today (our food was found on the truck with a few things missing), he was ranting how this is just a money making scam. Yeah, they personally gather your groceries, send a guy out spending gas with them who then carries them into your kitchen for six whole dollars. They're making money hand over fist. Smacks head, sigh.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bathroom clean, laundry caught up, fridge all cleaned out.
    More cleaning to do and cut up cheese and lots of veggies for tomorrow

Bernice, I keep seeing adds on Pinterest for shoes called Tiesks.......the say they expand to the size of your foot. They look like ballet shoes. I saw you had a thread about shoes for your mom. Sorry I should look for the right thread but don't want to take the time right now.i don't know anything about them or if you have heard of them.

Also on another thread and I don't remember which one spirit deer asked the difference in presses for corn and flour tortillas. I was looking on Amazon at electric press for flour tortillas and it said you had to press flour tortillas with a warm press to keep them from shrinking back down. So now that has me thinking of heating my baking stone and trying to roll them out on that and maybe I can get them a decent size. I am not ready to shell out 70 some odd dollars plus tax and shipping for an electric tortilla press......just afraid I will be disappointed in the results produced and another small appliance to store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys

Gbug Wow you did it! Congratulations!! Noe you can really go riding!! Have fun!

FW, hope your day is going well, sounds like DH is really doing well!

Bernice, Maybe I will think about ordering online, I think King Soopers does organic online free ship. We have NO one that delivers anyting out here, no pizza, sandwiches, nothing.

gaja, welcome back! Enjoy your time alone! Its so relaxing. Thats some noce time you have saved up for summer! So glad to hear you are doing well.

SD, we have moose here now, We think they camr down from Wy. You on;y see one once in a while and way up in the hills. We use to watch them in the yellowstone river getting a drink, I have never seen anything that was so protective of their babies.. I use to love the one on the beginning of Northern Exposure.

SO, I dont think I would want to gog to the store today!

TDN, I never clean my fridge out when I should either!

EB, HI!

OK my brain has gone blank again, hi to ones I didnt get!

I finally got my salads made, wow it took me forever! Also pie is all done, oh yum a bosenberry.

We changed our minds on dinner, DH found a sale on prime rib, so he picked up a 3 bone, so thats dinnner, kids are smoking it and the potatoes, so I'm done! All I have to do now is boil eggs, This will work out great, cause thats what I have been eating for breakfast. I am really craving ham, the one I can eat tasted like pork, I want A hunk of ham, so all of you eating that would you please take a big bite for me?

Today
    finished up salads-done
    cleanedunder, behind stove and fridge, ugh I dont know how it gets that dusty under there!
    repot parsley
    clean and pick up where needed.

Have a wonderful Easter if I dont make it back!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sorry I cant edit again so cant correct spelling.

Tdn, let me know if you do your torts, I still havent tried mine, but was going to try the hot water thing. it mightbe awhile before I do, we are talking about tamales again.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey everybody! I've read through all the posts and we've got some busy people here.

Yesterday was a day of errands that we didn't finish till well into the afternoon, then this a.m. I was at Kroger before 8 a.m. to avoid the crowds. I've made a carrot cake and lemon squares and talked on the phone to my college roomie for over 2 hours. Now I need to check my list and get busy for tomorrow. Our DS, DD, DD's boyfriend, and DH's sister will be here for Easter dinner late afternoon so after church I'll bake the ham, some scalloped potatoes, pineapple casserole, and rolls while the veggies cook on the stove.

For Saturday:

1) Errands DONE
    2) Bake lemon squares and carrot cake DONE
    3) Clean downstairs bathroom
    4) Finish decorating dining room table
    5) Clean stairs
    6) Vacuum rugs
    7) Give myself a manicure

Have a good Easter eve.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, our moose are dying off and no one can figure out why. We haven't seen one now in several years, and that one was laying in a ditch dying. It was sad.

TDN, that's interesting about using a warm press. I hadn't heard of that before.

Husby is watching a show about foods made with bacon and talking about trying the burger at My Sister's Place that's served with peanut butter, since they were talking on the show about meats served with peanut butter that Elvis used to eat. Husby said he supposed he could try the peanut butter burger at My Sister's Place sometime. Me, being more practical, offered to smear some peanut butter on the next burger he eats at home. We don't eat out that often, so why try something like that and then find out he doesn't like it after paying a lot for it, when he can try one bite and home and decide if it's worth having the restaurant version?

Now we're going to have to drive back up to Grand Marais. Where's the key to the truck?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I'M coming for dinner K? I love carrot cakeand pineapple and a big hunk of ham, and now I have to go look up the pineapple casserole!!
    Making the slaw tomorrow!

SD, No, I hads no idea the moose are in trouble, that happens down here with the deer and elk, then its ok. for awhile they thought it was from ticks or mosqutos, spelling, that really sad. Have fun on you peanut butter hamburger trip!! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow missed you all!! I drug DH out to Coney Island to test his skills. He crutched to the door and paid the check at the other end. I made him open the doors on crutches and get out to the car in the 2nd over handicapped spot. It wore him out but he did it. Stoopid thinner make you week. Or maybe its because he ate like a horse.
    I am seriously thinking about skipping Easter shopping. I have meatballs,noodles and creme sauce,canned pineapple,Grands biscuits and SO many cake and brownie mixes. I honestly dont want to cook or eat a ham. Now to sell Dh on the idea of saving $40. to shop.

Hunty is well. I let him roam the yard alone. His neck is a bit red but I am watching the area. They want it to breath but I could get into covering it up soon. He still shakes at the other dogs. This will take a bit.

Dmom is visiting w/ Dbro and family which I am happy about because my boat is full.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What the heck?? Pineapple casserole??? Is that a southern thing??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What the heck?? Casserole?? Is that a Southern thing?? It's hotdish! A casserole is what you cook hotdish in!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    What the heck?? Casserole?? Is that a Southern thing?? It's hotdish! A casserole is what you cook hotdish in!

LOL.....Ok..,,.I am SO confused.......is it a " pineapple casserole"?? (Main ingredient pineapple?) Or a pineapple casserole dish?? ( dish that holds the casserole? That must be shapped or look like a pineapple?). Either way, never heard of it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I never heard of it either. But it looks like maybe it is a southern thing.

Deep South Dish: Old Fashioned Baked Pineapple Casserole

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh I assumed it was Ice cream salad. Pineapples,marachino cherries,whipped creme frozen. Supposed to have mayo-but eww no. Never heard of it hot like that esp. w/ cheese and pineapple together. hmmm??

SD-I figured it was a baby moose but the angle was >>?

Settled on creamed alfredo meatballs ove egg noodles w/ a few sides and maybe brownies. Keeping things semi stress free this holiday. No dressing up,no baskets,no pictures,no kids,no decor,just us. Thankful and quiet. Decided to keep th $40. extra for ham and trimmings I have no freezer space for this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Easter. Last Easter I was in the hospital, so this day is marvelous. Got news yesterday that my DD and her family may be moving back to Texas. Praying. Going to DS's house for lunch today with his family. Broccoli casserole ready to bake and frosting the carrot cake. My son is preaching this morning since their regular minister had a death in the family. My DS is a youth minister. Taking Dmom with us. That's going to be about it today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-have a lovely day. So glad things are better.

Going to see if Dh wants to go on a drive. I may even encourage him to drive.
    Happy Easter everyone.