2016 To Do Challenge - Page 109
Page 109 of 351 FirstFirst ... 95999106107108109110111112119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Easter everyone!! Hope you all have a lovely day. I'll come back and catch up later but I did do a quick read through but the family's minivan just pulled in so gotta fly.

Pinetree, I saw you mentioned the baked beans recipe. I thought I PMd it to you back when you asked but I have had some issues with PMs acting funky on me so it's possible it didn't get through. I will post it here and also PM it to you so hopefully one of those will get to you.

Pressure Cooker Baked Beans - Pressure Cooking Today

Have an awesome day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=TDN;4112314370]
    Bernice, I keep seeing adds on Pinterest for shoes called Tiesks.......the say they expand to the size of your foot. They look like ballet shoes. I saw you had a thread about shoes for your mom. Sorry I should look for the right thread but don't want to take the time right now.i don't know anything about them or if you have heard of them. [QUOTE]

thanks! will look into them

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Hi Guys

Bernice, Maybe I will think about ordering online, I think King Soopers does organic online free ship. We have NO one that delivers anyting out here, no pizza, sandwiches, nothing.
    that stinks!

sorry you can't have ham. I'll eat it for you but won't enjoy it knowing you can't have it. But prime rib sounds yummy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy Easter everyone!
    I missed this forum while I took a break from the internet. I need it for accountability and motivation.
    Today will be church and visiting with my family at my parents for lunch. Mom is providing the ham and potatoes. The rest of us will bring a dish to pass. I decided on cheese tortellini pasta salad, very simple - cheese tortellini, grape tomatoes, broccoli, asiago and parmesan cheese. I decided to try a red wine vinaigrette rather than traditional Italian dressing on it. The vinaigrette tastes good on its own but not sure if it has enough flavor for the salad. May bring the Italian dressing to spice it up just before serving. Skipped the black olives and red onions as my kids don't care for them.
    Be back later to post my to do list. I'm scheduled to work the next 7 days and then was granted a week of vacation. Finally hired two nurses who have made it through orientation period and not quit. I want/need to get this house back in order before Dh and I leave town for a getaway. No idea where we are heading since I just found out 3 days ago that it was approved.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy Easter all! Finally got all read back over a few days. Hugs to those that need it. Prayers to the ones that need it.

Last weekend I started to post what I'd gotten accomplished but was on a roll ( amid breaks having to sit .. which I used the time to catch up ) and didn't want to quit. Had got a lot done .. for me anyway.

So far this weekend not so much.
    Dishwasher unloaded, reloaded and ran. Also put away.
    First load in washer and will put in dryer in a little bit.
    Will reload with a second load for washer. I'm washing blankets.
    See... not doing so well this weekend

Want to do yet...
    Small area of kitchen counter I've left cleaning stuff on forever. Right by the sink. I'd like to get them UNDER the sink if there's room. It's full too so we'll see.
    Handwash pots and pans AGAIN.
    Clean bathroom sink/counter/mirror
    Trash out and bag in bath can
    Purse I'm not using cleaned out and up and put in closet. Have 2 of these lying on bedroom floor. I'll settle for getting one done. Both would be a bonus. HATE cleaning out purses.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WB, Kim and Niko!

Hope everyone's having a great holiday!

I smoked our last fatty on the Cobb today and it turned out perfect. I used the new grill rack I bought at GW for $1 and think it already paid for itself! I set the fatty on it and didn't have to turn it or anything. It came out evenly cooked all around and with a perfect smoke ring when we cut into it. It was a Reuben fatty and when I made it we sprang for the $8/lb. deli corned beef, plus it had Swiss cheese and HM sauerkraut, all stuffed inside ground beef and wrapped in thick-cut bacon made locally. The smell alone was worth what it cost to build that thing! I smoked it using mesquite charcoal. It was so good I don't even regret the extra 9,000 calories I'm sure were lurking in the slice I had. I'm glad it was good because now that I'm back on the weight loss path I can't have anything like that again for a long, long time again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh is on a roll today and I am peeved. He says I'm not doing enough clearing for him. Something about holidays brings out the worst. I think he is restless. He needed 2 pr of crutches and the bath chair and the rolling knee scooter now he is com[plaining his belt is too big. I need to take a drive-alone. All he can say is that cords are on the floor. Honestly, I just have no patience. I know he's frustrated but nope,wasnt me.

Dmom is looking for a front door today. Not sure what happened its only from the 40's.lol
    She finally had my Dbro call and it could be a year until she gets in. She doesnt know if they have a lot of 2 bedrooms but she is set. She is 25th in line still!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's easy enough to make a belt smaller if it's leather. Don't be surprised if your mom moves up that list fairly quickly. People drop off of it for lots of reasons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Easter everyone. Sounds like everyone had a good day and good food. We were low key and quiet today. I made spaghetti casserole, salad, garlic bread. It was good but I decided that I need to get back to losing some weight. I am going to start by cooking way less. I have so much casserole left that I know we wont eat. So our will come the smaller baking pans and service bowls. Going to put the big plates away for a while. We both need to lose so it should make it easier.

Besides cooking and doing dishes I have been sewing and watching Mamas Family dvds. That show is a hoot. I took plastic off bedroom window and opened for some fresh air. Now I see that the temps are going back down. I dont like these topsy turvy temps. Spring should just stay.

Going to get my master list for the week made. I think tomorrow I will do a food inventory and meal plan for the week. I would love to lose a couple pounds by thursdays TOPS meeting.

Hard to believe that this friday will be April 1st.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Easter!! Sounds like everyone is having a nice time.

Hikr, Thank you SO much!

Niko, You got alot done!

Kim, Its so nice to see you back!

Gbug, stay safe next week, have a blast riding your bike.

FW, um, hoping the rest of your day goes better! hugs

SD, Heard the buffalo are going back to Montana! I have ne idea what that means do you? WTG on the smoking!! Bet you do alot more this summer!

EB, gald you are having a restful day

Bernice, Dont feel bad eating the ham!! I just cant have salt anymore and ham has the most!

ILC, hope you are having a wonderful time with your family. Now whats that pineapple casserole?

Repotting seedling today, heard from my DBro, Its my Dad's and FIL's birthday today, wish they were both here.

Not doing any house work today. feels good.
    Need to see if we have everything ready, we have another storm coming in Wed. ugh, its no longer spring here.

tomorrows list
    laundry
    clean up all my dirt from planting
    meal plan
    pay bills

have a wonderful week

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had a nice afternoon with my family. Mom, Dad, 3 of 6 siblings and spouses, my 2 kids, grandson, and sons gf and her 2 kids. I gave out lots of hugs today.
    My to do list will start with the basics, dh will have a written list to work on as well.
    Dh will be meeting with a very good friend of ours tomorrow to go over some options for our getaway next week. They are in a travel club and can add a guest to the plan without extra fees. They want us to use the discounted prices on room rates if it is in area we are interested in.
    For tomorrow I will:
    =get laundry done , including respite clients bedding, towels, and clothes. (he went home today after a 6 day stay).
    =get dishes washed, dried, put away, dishwasher full -dh just went for detergent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Bernice, Dont feel bad eating the ham!! I just cant have salt anymore and ham has the most!
    Pinetree... have you ever looked at the cholestrol content on a pkg of ham? Yours might not be over the counter ham but a pigs a pig.

Forgot earlier... Want to thank a couple people on here for helping save the kid... and probably me in the long run a ton of money. Saved the kid about $1000 on her hospital bill by going to financial aid. She doesn't make much and on the suggestion of someone here at FV we went last week. Was hoping to get it lowered by 3 or 4 hundred but sure wasn't expecting a thousand. Doctor bill still hasn't come so will do the same on that one. Sure was a relief to both of us. What was originally after insurance a little under $1200 ended up being $118. We haven't received the doctor bill yet. Don't think it's in with the hospital so still to expect that one. After insurance the EOB says $360. Hopefully they'll lower that one also.

So whoever it was that suggested seeing the financial aid person THANK YOU!!!. I even remembered to take her tax return in with us.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EB, your leftover spaghetti hotdish should freeze well. If you freeze in individual portions, you can eat it a little bit at a time. Good luck with weight loss. I'm fighting that battle, too.

Pinetree, I don't have any idea either what it means that the bison are going back to Montana. I didn't think they migrated much. Then again maybe they do judging my the big fences up around the interstate in North Dakota where the deer and the antelope play, not to mention the bison and wild horses. Haven't heard anything about it one way or the other I guess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

this new med is making me such a zombie, I laid down to sleep in the back seat on the 20 min drive to my cousin's. I felt like I could barely make conversation. I ended up finding a seat next to the 2 matriarchs, who are in their 90s. Their conversation was confusing as neither can hear and both have some dementia. I had to laugh, I fit in well with this peer group!

came home planning to conquer one clutter zone and instead one minute I was just closing my eyes for 20 mins and I woke up 4 hrs later! That's ok, I don't feel like you have to do regular housework on Easter, it's enough cleaning up after dinner and helping the host get ready.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rough day all around. The Bronchitis has settled back in. Dh is restless and taking his angst out on me. He is freaking out about no job, and the ins. I have 6 mo. saved and lots fo food and our ins. for Cobra last thru Aug.
    Poor mom had her door lock freeze and she ordered a new door but they have to come out and measure. So her nephew suggested a padlock so my SIl put 1 on. Dbro isnt really handy. So Dmom was all shook up.
    SD-I cant tell her anything. She has to wash and fold everything as she goes thru it and its all so personal. I just find it a sad joke at this point and wont really discuss it w/ her. She's like a child playing at doing something big.

Disappointed in Ds. He didnt call today or call his dad through all this. I stopped updating him in hopes he would get it=nope.