2016 To Do Challenge - Page 11
Page 11 of 351 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone! Today is our last day of vacation as tomorrow the kids go back to school. I don't know how much I'll get done today. The past few days have been a bust for me. I'm ready for everything to get back to normal which really won't be until next week.

1. Laundry
    2. Kitchen
    3. Dust
    4. Grocery shop

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit deer? What temp do you bake those hamburger/sandwich buns on that you shared in another thread? I guess 375 would work? I didn't see a temp.....unless I just missed it ( which could easily happen)

Putting this iPad down and back to cleaning!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, without looking it up, I'd say 350 or 375. It won't make much difference. I haven't made these in a while because Husby bought a bunch of bread and we've been working through that. It takes a while because we don't eat a lot of bread.

My mom had one of those grocery carts but sold it when she got a folding transport chair instead. She uses it like a walker in the store and puts her groceries on it to take in the house. She made a folding cloth basket that sits on the seat so things don't fall off. She loves it on the bus because she can get on and off without folding the chair or moving the groceries, so it's more convenient for her. She said the grocery cart had gotten too hard for her to fold and unfold and it didn't fit in her van unfolded. I'm glad you found something that works for you, Jean. I can see where it would make your life much easier. I just love it when I find exactly the right thing to make things run smoother in my life.

ILC, I packed up my Christmas stuff, too. I took the new little Christmas tree in its box to my office and brought the old one in the house and put it in the GW box. LOL. I'm hoping next Christmas the house will be in good order and we can do some actual decorating. The way it is now, the phrase "putting lipstick on a pig" always runs through my mind whenever I think about putting up decorations.

GB, have a great lunch! We've driven by a lot of Cracker Barrels on vacations but never eaten at one.

Ta-done:

~pre-shrunk flannel for DfG.
    ~found out I wrecked serger knife trying to serge the chair cushion cover yesterday, so replaced that which was a whole lot less than fun. It's even less fun now that I found out a new one is going to be at least $20. Need to call my dealer and see if they're cheaper than eBay.
    ~loaded dirty dishes into dishwasher and hand washed a rack and a sink full of big stuff, including the broiler pan from the old stove which has never been used but which I'm looking forward to using now that I'll have a stove with a broiler burner at the top of the oven.
    ~cut and serged four strips of fabric for DfG.
    ~finished template I made for placing labels and marking seam length for DfG bags.
    ~fetched stuff from cabin that needs to come in the house, since I can't work out there anymore due to Sugar's health.
    ~ran across a few things to get rid of so cleaned and packed that into the GW box.

To-do:

~find a likely-looking Asian-based WW recipe to use pea pods in. Shouldn't be a challenge.
    ~work some more with the DfG liners when the flannel is dry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys, holy cow is this moving!! Sounds like everyone is getting all kinds of stuff done and I am in slow motion!

Looks like our outside boy is having teeth, gum problems again so have a appt with the vet in the morning, he gets some kind of infection in his gums, the he won't eat, they put him on steroids and antiboitics ,and it seems to clear up pretty fast. I wish he would come in and stay, but he can only make it for about an hour and just has to get back outside..Hes 10 to its not like we haven't been trying to get him in..

Remember this fall when I JUST couldn't let my plants freeze,? well they are all blooming on the front porch and are just beautiful!! I am So glad Dh brought them in for me! I will try to get a picture, maybe one with the blooms with the foot of snow out the window!!

Today
    sort thru more papers
    make broth from game hens
    figure out how to use leftovers
    cut up, freeze pineapple

Have a great day everyone!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow!
    Well I dont have time to comment obviously but it looks like everyone Is clicking along nicely. I have reorged and tossed 3 shelves worht in total and am still in it.
    I have 3 more hrs. alone and yippee skippy I love it. I just wish the dogs would all nod off. Another hour for that.lol
    Well breaks over!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got all 4 2/3 yards of liner fabric cut into strips and the narrow strips serged. I'll pin them to the wide strips this evening when I sit in the FR with Husby. That's really nice flannel I got at JA, and so pretty too. Some girls are going to love it! Not sure how many liners I'll get out of it but it'll be at least forty, I think. One of the prints is bright, different colored flowers and the other is all pink and purple butterflies.

I packed ten pounds of large Milk Bones into Tupperware so they stay fresher. Haven't bought that stuff in years and years, but it was an impulse Saturday, along with Beggin' Strips. I try to avoid buying that kind of stuff since I know it's not good for them, but since we left Sugar home alone I was thinking of her the whole time we were gone and how little time she has left. She loves those treats so she should be able to have some. At this stage in her life, it's probably not what'll kill her anyway. I filled up their cookie jar which is a wolf that howls when the lid is opened with the Beggin' Strips. Sota is very sloth-like but when he hears that wolf howl, he sets a land speed record getting into the kitchen.

We bought two amaryllis lilies this year. It's so dang funny because the one that just bloomed is at least three feet high. The one that's about to bloom is about six inches high. What the heck is up with that?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, we are the 4th today right? Because I have been gone for 3 days and you guys exploded. Again.

My 3 for today:
    1. Go to work and do the work leading for 4 hours. This is not in my job description, we even have 2 people who should be doing this. One of them is pregnant, so she ll be back end of the year when the baby is born, the other one, theoretically Thursday. As this wore me out, can I count it lol? If I ll have time I ll try to explain the whole work situation, but that will be a long post.
    2. Go grocery shopping.
    3. Do the dishes.

Not a long list, but its better than nothing. I have tomorrow off, I ll try to do more then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today was my paternal grandmothers birthday. I think she would be 111 y.o. if she were around now. She passed when I was 8 mo. preggers w/ DD. It is ironic and sad that my other dgram passed in April of the same year so neither one of them got to meet her. Seems unfair.

Got more done in the pantry and my feet are screaming. Have to pick DD up by 4:30 so I will push thorough. Kinda sick of this game (and excited at the same time. ) No mice evidence so far and Amen to that. Need to tak ethe middle mess out soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First day back to work after Christmas/New Years. Hard to get back into a routine again.

Trying to figure out something for dinner. We have lots of leftovers, but I don't want them, but know we should eat them up as to not waste food.

Tonight I plan on doing:

1) One load of laundry
    2) Clean cat box
    3) Sweep the floor in the foyer

I was getting a little nervous as I have not heard from my DS in 3 days, he wasn't answering my texts or phone calls. He finally got back to me last night to apologize. He's been working his butt off while on break from school. He's off the entire month of January, and is working as much as he can to build his savings up so he won't have to work as much when school is back in session. I was so relieved to hear from him.

He works 2 jobs...it's no wonder I never hear from him. One of his jobs is a server at a seafood place. Wants to give it up totally, but he makes such good money he's afraid to let go!! An average 4-5 hour shift he can easily make $100 in tips if not more! Boy if I was young again, this would be an awesome PT job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe you can freeze some of the leftovers if you're tired of them. Or remake them into something else.

I'm just tired again, sort of burned out with everything, feeling lazy, etc. I hope next weekend we can sit around and not do too much, except now the stove is waiting to be installed. The debate is going on as to whether or not we're going to hire someone (my choice) or if ~I~ am going to install it (his choice.) I think we'll hire someone, which will be expensive but so much easier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I made it to my one appt, was not doing well, he said go home, lie flat, feet above your heart. Darn it, I need and want to be totally past this phase of this syndrome. He did change my meds all around so here's hoping! The only errand that got done was going to UPS. Oh well.

Came home, someone did not shut the trash cabinet completely, the dogs had strewn trash all over the kitchen. My dad is still in this big metal back brace, he cannot bend down so I did it but bending over and over and over, I eventually fell, it was too much. I am in bed and my feet are high!

tomorrow's a new day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Home from 10 hour work day.
    Made supper.
    Sanitized garbage cans and dusted all the shelving.
    Now checking on all my challenges, need to get 500 steps in yet to meet my 9000 step goal, so hold on..... I'm back, just ran around the house until I got them in.
    For tomorrow I will...
    Fill the small freezer with some items from the large freezer that can be part of the next weeks meals.
    Clean the mirrors , the door windows-especially the ones the bichon has been pawing at, and computer and t.v. screens.
    Thanks for the inspiration everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello - My kitchen is sparkling and all straightened up. I want to move stuff around to a better arrangement and am thinking about ways i can add more storage. I am thinking about one of those tall skinny pull out pantry things. I dont know what it is called but it rolls in between the fridge and wall. That would free up alot of cupboard space and make things easier to get down. I saw instructions on how to make one that would be way cheaper that buying. So perhaps a warmer weather project. Ahead of schedule so i got my hair dyed. Seriously thinking about letting it go gray. I did that once in my early 40's (all white) and when they gave me a free smoke detector at walmart for being a senior citizen i started dying it. Almost 60 now so maybe I am ready to be free of the dye. Tomorrows to dos are: 1. dust all over 2. work on the paper piecing project 3. go to dinner with my niece who is home from college.

Going to try and stop to buy a lottery ticket for wed. You never know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I forgot to say those rolling carts are a Godsend. I live in an apartment and its quite a ways from parking lot to door so I bought the cart that was shown above. I use that when i have heavier items. For short trips I use a small rolling fabric cart. Its real lightweight.

Before we leave to go shopping my husband asks Big Cart? Little Cart?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc - thanks for explaining what BSF is. I will have to look into that to see if there is any churches around here that host it.

pinetree - sorry to hear that your cat is having problems again. Good thing you noticed. Yes, we want to see pictures of your flowers!

wj - nice cart, I'm sure you'll think of other uses for it too!

hikr - that is wonderful that you are able to retire and spend time with your husband. Hopefully you'll still have many, many years together.

Bernice - hope tomorrow is better for you

Today I grocery shopped, worked out, did dailies, reset house, did a load of delicates, started cutting coupons and dropped off some stuff at S.A.

I was flipping through radio stations on the way to work today and found a great old rock station. It's funny how you remember all the words to songs that you haven't heard in ages. I sure was in a good mood after singing the whole way to work, good thing no one could hear me though!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON