2016 To Do Challenge - Page 110
Page 110 of 351 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    So far this weekend not so much.
    Dishwasher unloaded, reloaded and ran. Also put away.
    First load in washer and will put in dryer in a little bit.
    Will reload with a second load for washer. I'm washing blankets.
    See... not doing so well this weekend

Want to do yet...
    Small area of kitchen counter I've left cleaning stuff on forever. Right by the sink. I'd like to get them UNDER the sink if there's room. It's full too so we'll see.
    Handwash pots and pans AGAIN.
    Clean bathroom sink/counter/mirror
    Trash out and bag in bath can
    Purse I'm not using cleaned out and up and put in closet. Have 2 of these lying on bedroom floor. I'll settle for getting one done. Both would be a bonus. HATE cleaning out purses.
    None of the above got done yesterday evening. Not surprised. Motivation just wasn't there. Still hope for today as we are closed on Mondays. Adding to the above going into town to the government building and paying the business property land taxes. That's a must.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Talked to Dmom and her eyelid is all swollen and itchy. I told her if its pink eye it was nice knowing her. She is still upset about the door w/ the padlock. I told her I always knew she'd end up in a padlocked room.lol

To do
    drove DD,hauled out trash,shopped light for essentials
    need to do all the litter
    wash a load
    unload the Dw
    Pay the CC (dh's scooter)

Dh was supposed to have an interveiw w/ Michelin. Help me if they cancelled.
    It should hit Aldis for fresh??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did anyone spray the lock with some of that ice-melt stuff for locks? Or maybe some graphite. Maybe it doesn't need replacing. Might be worth a try. A padlock isn't good in case of fire.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

HELP! I am throwing a surprise birthday party on Friday for my SILs and I need ideas and recipes for sugar free desserts since one of them is diabetic. It doesn't have to be cake. I'm having Mexican food. Thanks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all! We had the most awesome weekend. Oldest DGD's basketball practice was so much fun to watch. She made her first two baskets and that was pretty exciting (for her and for us!). Her enthusiasm was contagious. We visited two sugarhouses on the Maine Maple event (and each one served a small scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with homemade syrup for the guests...oh boy was that yummy) and then had lunch at Friendly's.

Yesterday we had the family over for lunch, an egg hunt for the kids and Easter baskets. That was a good time and when they left I took DH down to the beach to take a walk. He was pretty tired by the end of it...so much that he had to find a log to sit on as he didn't think he could make it back to the car. That worried me a bit but he rallied after a rest and made it back. Came home and he went right to bed for three hours. We walked a little under a mile (.79) but I suspect because it was on sand and you do have to kind of work harder on sand so I think that was what did it. He was well rested though when he got up.

Today I spent part of the morning in the family room sorting through pictures in a tote bag. I had the pics all in the envelopes they came in when we picked them up but never got them into albums. I have DDs first year in an album and after that....well....we're back to the envelope method. When we moved I came across two photo boxes that were new and empty so I dug those out and transferred all the pics from the tote to the photo boxes. And that meant the tote bag could be folded up and put away instead of sitting on the floor. I also got a little more done on the built in bookcases in there with putting away a few more books I came across and some framed pictures. I also went through and wiped down all the appliances from little finger prints from yesterday. I love the stainless steel look that came with the house but the fingerprints from little ones are a challenge. I'm OK with that though. I can keep wiping as long as they keep coming. I need to go down to the old house and do a little more cleaning. It's kind of gloomy out so it's not good outside weather.

Hi Gaja, glad to have you back!

Hi Niko! Good to see you too.

SD Moose are hilarious!! We met a couple on a trail in one of our state parks. We froze in place and just watched them. I was nervous for sure especially because we had DD with us. These guys came down through, stopped on the trail and looked at us while we forgot to breathe then apparently decided we weren't a threat and they walked past us down to the pond. We didn't breathe till they were out of sight then we were high fiving each other and saying "if we went home right this very minute (the same day we'd started that vacation) it was a perfect trip". These two didn't have babies with them though thankfully. They are also dangerous during rutting season and you don't want to encounter one then either. During rutting season at the Maine Wildlife Park that we visit many times over the season they have a sign up when rutting season occurs because the moose will get so agitated so quickly and they ask that you stand a certain distance from the fencing as he will come up and butt the fence etc.

Sorry the treadmill didn't work out but glad it didn't cost a lot of money. Peanut butter and a burger?? I would never have put those two together! Let me know how he likes it. I tried a burger once with a fried egg on it. I wasn't sure that would be any good but it surprisingly was. Not good enough that I'd eat it often but now and then it's fun to mix it up.

GB how was the egg hunt? Did you find one with a discount code or coupon for free stuff? Fun!

TDN definitely clean out the fridge before shopping! That has saved me from buying stuff that we already had that I thought we were out of. I also go through the fridge every time I change the trash bag in the kitchen to see what might be lurking that I've forgotten that needs to be tossed (or eaten if it's still salvageable). That's saved me a ton of money too by catching leftovers before they get past their prime.

Bernice that sounds like a hot mess with the grocery delivery issue. So sorry it got your Dad so upset too. We don't have any place that delivers here either like Pinetree. No groceries, no pizza or Chinese etc. Many times I've wished for home delivery!

Pinetree I loved the moose on Northern Exposure too!! Sometimes when I was too tired to watch the show I'd stay up long enough to see the opening where he walks through the town. LOL!! Glad you got the bean recipe and let me know how you like it. I did potatoes in my Instant Pot yesterday. I really need to check a timer and see how long it took. Once it came to pressure it took 6 minutes of cooking before it shut down and I let the pressure release naturally for a few minutes then opened the valve (with a towel over it to catch the steam) and let it release the rest of the way. The potatoes were nice and soft. So quick and simple. The stove works well too of course but this is a quicker method even allowing for the pressure to build.

ILC I've never heard of pineapple casserole. Is there a recipe you can share? My husband and DD love pineapple and that might be something to make next time we are all together for them. I envy your carrot cake. I'm the only one that eats it so I can't / won't make one because then I'll "have" to eat the whole thing. LOL.

Hi Starting Over, KimB, EarlyBird, ILC and anyone I missed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, Pillsbury makes a boxed sugar free cake mix. They are usually around .99
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey everyone!

Niko and KimB, welcome back!

It's been a hoot reading through the discussion about the pineapple hotdish/casserole/side dish/whatever. Here in the South we call lots of things casseroles, which is a mixture of stuff cooked together in a container called a casserole or casserole dish. I have a couple of casseroles(containers) in my cabinet. And a couple of casseroles(food) in the fridge.

Okay, when I found this recipe it was listed as Pineapple Side Dish. I call it Pineapple Casserole. SD, the recipe link you posted was very similar to what I do but mine is simpler.

Pineapple Casserole/Side Dish/Hotdish

Two 20-oz. cans pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
    3/4-1 cup white or brown sugar (I use brown)
    6 Tbsp flour
    1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese

Mix and pour into greased or sprayed 9 x 13 pan.

For topping:

1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
    1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
    6 Tbsp. reserved pineapple juice

Mix and sprinkle on top of pineapple mix.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, till cheese is melted and topping is golden.

Can be used with dinner or as a dessert.

fw, sorry DH is so grumpy. Yes, get off by yourself for a little while. And sorry about your DS. Our DD didn't come yesterday, made some excuse, we don't know why she's being like this. It makes me mad, DH is just really sad about it. We've realized that she must not tell her boyfriend about our invitations because if she did, he would be here. So from now on we'll make sure we call/text him too.

Bernice, LOL at your description of the 90-year-old matriarchs! My mother-in-law had severe hearing loss and wouldn't do anything about it and some of our conversations were frustrating, if not downright hilarious.

Gbug, you've come a long way in a year!

pinetree, thanks, the vertigo is better, only one brief episode Saturday and one last evening.

earlybird, SD, TDN, and anyone I missed, hi, have a good Monday.

For Monday:

1) Laundry IN PROGRESS
    2) Inventory leftovers in fridge and post it on fridge so DH and DS will know what's available DONE
    3) Un-decorate dining room table DONE
    4) Clean litter boxes
    5) Reset den
    6) Mop (rain is gone for several days)
    7) Make master list of ToDo for the week

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, sugar-free jello would be cool and refreshing after Mexican food.

Hi hikr, gaja, and Starting Over!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, found out what they werre taking about, heres the link,

Bison coming 'home' to Montana Indian reservation.

ILC, I will have to try that recipe.

Gbug, the sugar free jello's like ILC mentioned all have really good flavor too.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Boy am I stuffed from yesterday. We had a lunch at noon with DHs brother and dinner With some friends at 6. I'm not used to eating such big meals twice a day and we were sent home with leftovers!

We got about 4 inches of snow of Saturday (it actually was a very pretty snow) and it's gone today! Today we are to have temps in the 60s! Today is the last day of my long weekend. I thought the time was going to drag but surprisingly the time has gone by fast.

DD is working today from 4:30-10:30 and goes back to school tomorrow. She's totally ready to go back! Been fortunate with both my kids that they loved school and I never had to drag them out of bed to go.

Today I plan to:

1) laundry (1 load)
    2) put dishes away and reload dishwasher
    3) empty garbages
    4) dust living room

We will have leftovers for dinner. I meet tonight with my bible study group at 6:30. I look forward to being with these ladies!

Not much planned for the rest of the week. I'm thinking of getting a part time job (in addition to my FT one) for a couple of reasons. 1) to help DS pay off his student loan and 2) to give me something to do. I spend a lot of time at home by myself and getting seriously bored which leads to having pity parties for myself. I just don't have a hobby. Most of my friends still have young kids that they are running around with. There is no reason I can't find a job and work 3 days/week. Just laziness on my part.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-pretty sure not but by the time I heard about it the whole cluster was in motion. The issue is going to be the wood thickness which will mean a custom door!!!. I didnt go over because Dh cant get up her steps. They are unusually tall and she has no rail on the porch just an awning held up by 2 poles not cemented in.
    Best I'm not involved.

Need to acct. medical for last year and make a tax appt. tommorrow.
    I hate rainy days. So unmotivating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW, sorry it's been so rough all the way around. I hope DS calls.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Boy, I missed two days and I had four pages to read! I had to read fast because I am trying to limit my screen time. (tv and computer) I can't believe how hard it is!! I have never been bored until I tried to do this and I don't even watch tv or go on the computer that much. I guess it's just my go-to when I don't have anything else to do and now I don't know what to do. Once the warm weather gets here I'll have plenty to do outside.

It sounds as though everyone had a pretty nice Easter. My old neighbors daughter and granddaughter came by on Saturday and spent the afternoon with us which was so nice to see them. Sunday we had a sunrise service at church with a full breakfast to follow, the men cook on Easter. I helped with setup, serving and cleanup so didn't get to enjoy the breakfast with DH and friends but they need so much help and no one wants to do it so I always volunteer for Easter. Than we went to my DM's and had Easter with the family. It was so beautiful out that a bunch of us went for a walk after dinner. Very nice day. I also brought home so much food that we have enough for tonight and tomorrow for dinner. No cooking for me! Just wiped down the kitchen and now have to get the laundry. Still have my dailies to do to.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mmmm, leftover fatty and leftover seven layer lettuce salad for supper. What more could I need? The fatty is just as tasty as it was yesterday.

Husby found a nice jacket to wear around the house at GW today, half price. I splurged on a quilling book and kit for $5. It has cute patterns in it and is almost like new. We ended up spending $19 there which is a lot of us. We rarely go over $10 and usually under $5.

We hauled trash today after all, so that's good to get that done. The first round anyway. I picked up another dryer drum and some corrugated steel to make a bottom for it, a galvanized bucket with a rusted-out bottom, a really nice fridge basket, a plastic fridge drawer, a flat cot spring, and a steel industrial breaker box 6x2 and 6" deep. All of it's going to be used in the garden we want to build. The breaker box will be an instant raised bed, with the cot spring used as a trellis behind it. I'm hoping to grow some good cucumbers in it. The dryer drum will be a giant pot for growing potatoes. Instant garden containers for free. Can't beat that.

We stopped at a grocery store to resupply the bananas and apples. I noticed a damaged apple in one of the bags and showed it to the clerk, rather than leave it to rot on the shelf or have someone take it home. She told me to keep the whole bag for free! I was so surprised I didn't know what to say. But of course I accepted it, with thanks. So with the bag I bought, I got six pounds of apples for $3.79, not bad at all for here at this time of year. Braeburns aren't my favorite but nothing else was on sale and they're an okay apple.

We did some prep work for the electricians tomorrow and I also finally found a way to tighten the loose electrical box in the back porch, so we won't have to pay them to do it. We also hauled out the two huge boxes of cardboard, so the back porch is looking pretty nice now.

I'm glad Husby decided to try pulling the utility trailer out of the little snowbank it was in. It was good to get the trash out. He's all revved up to start dragging stuff out of the cabinets on the north wall of the garage tomorrow. He can have fun with that while I hang out in the house keeping an eye on the electricians. Not looking forward to moving those heavy cabinets. We're about twenty years older than we were when we put them up, so it's not going to be fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh got his last paycheck in the mail and didnt have to chase it. IT was actually larger than we expected=yeah!

Got my ATM card and DD paid her rent-good day I would say.
    Got the groc. done and put away and the trash out in the morning
    1 litter box done before I got hit w/ the wheezes again. TBC
    Took a long nap to rest and heal.
    Had DH sign some paperwok for his meds. It is $109. a day x 6 weeks for the 1st time. 100% cover except for the deductible. The surgeon follow ups for the 1st 90 days are free too. So far So good.
    would have like more done but I ok w/ a slow steady pace too.