2016 To Do Challenge - Page 113
Page 113 of 351 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, whoo hoo lights and fans!!

TDN, NO, thats $80 every single month. Once a week pick up. We havent gone to the dump for yrs. and it miles away now, last time it cost $75 for about 3/4 a pick up load.

I had a feral, that my Mom was afraid of that little girl would back her into a wall. My Mom couldn't relax around her, Then my Dad was was 6'- 6 and 250 lbs, and she would just melt in his arms. He was my babysitter for her for 19 yrs. I really think they can all be great pets, do your whispering!
    Thank you for taking her.

Off to bed,

Sweet dreams!!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Holy cow! 80 a month! So ours works out to about 13.50 a month! A load to the dump is $10. I never realized anyone paid that much for garbage service!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. DMom and DB are going home today. Got to pick up chicken feed and then groceries for the party. Making my salsas today. We only got a little rain yesterday. All the bad stuff went around us. Found a design for a compost bin made from pallets. I see a project in my future. Have a great day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning! Dropped DD
    Havent done much all week and hopefully I can catch up some today.
    DH-got his boot cast refit and hes happier,also his scooter came so he's going to try it out on his DR. appt. today. At 2 p.m.
    His incison is doing nicely and the size of his leg is almost 1/2. Its like a miracle.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like everyone is busy.

I had to take a pain pill to go to bed, so I am taking it easy today.

DH is at the DRs. he was having trouble breathing, they think it might be crap in his lungs from allergies, so taking an xray. sure hope its nothing catching, and he doesn't get really sick.

We are still waiting for snow, havent gotten anything but aliitle sprinkle.

Have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ugh, DH, needs to schedule a stress test.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, will send a prayer up that nothing is seriously wrong with your DH.

fw, good news on your DH. Hope he enjoys his new scooter.

Did dailies today, made brownies and helped DH fix the fence. We're supposed to have high winds and storms later so I wanted to be sure that the coroplast is going to stay put.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Birthday party menu:
    tortilla rollups
    guacamole
    black bean salsa
    salsa verde
    pear salsa
    chips
    Mexican pile up
    Sugar free punch bowl cake

Got the salsas done. Everything is super easy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spirit.... how about solar lights placed strategically at the rails where the main light doesn't pick up? Charge thru the day and no cords. Place low for Sotas benefit for footing.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, solars won't work there because it's on the north side of the house and close to the house, so it doesn't get enough sun to charge, especially in winter. But the garden lights have a timer so they will be set so they're not on all the time. They're low voltage so won't take much power, and power is cheap here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh drove down to his reg, Dr's. and got a good reveiw. Didnt have to pay a co-pay so that was nice. He got his presc. renewed out of the deal so thats good.

Got very little done again but trash and pets in and out. Still have the sweats. So over this. Hope to throw a load and swap the DW.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And I forgot queso.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like things are going well for your family now, FW. I'm glad it's behind you now. I realize there's more to come but at least you are this far and all's well.

Pinetree, since one of our local grocery stores is giving away fat-free plain yogurt for .25/32 ounce tub, I decided it was cheap enough I could play with my food a little. I knew when I bought it the yogurt was made with gelatin, and all the instructions I've read say it won't work to make yogurt cheese. But I had to find out what would happen if I tried it, so I did. It's been in the strainer at least a week now and it's gotten quite a bit thicker. It's not as thick and stiff as the kind made without gelatin, but it would be great for a dip or spread. I have five in the freezer and I think I'm going to pick up some more. I'm going to use some of it instead of cheese in Sota's food so he gets his protein and calcium, but I want to make a bunch of it up for spreads and other stuff like that. I should try a cheesecake and see what happens, but I suspect it would be too soft for that. Just thought I'd let you know. All in all, I like the result.

We bought four nice pork sirloin roasts today for $1.29/lb and put two of them on the Cobb to smoke. Mmmmmm! Coleslaw and roast for me, and Husby can add a baked potato with his.

LOL! Husby's playing with the light switches and checking to make sure the lights all still come on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh pinetree, so so sorry about your DH and more testing. Praying that the doctor is just being extra-cautious and that everything will be fine. HUGS!!!
    And you be careful with yourself too! Praying no more pain. MORE HUGS!

TDN, thanks for taking in the little kitty and keep us informed as to how she progresses.

fw, yay to your hubby! You sound lots better today

Gbug, what time should I be there for the party? Your menu sounds wonderful.

Hi SD, Niko, and everyone else.

Took a cat to the vet this a.m. for his steroid shot for his mouth and they clipped his claws which makes his mama (me) much happier. Then went to a 5.5-hour lunch with a great friend who's retiring May 31 from my school. It was great to hear about everything going on and all the craziness that I never have to deal with again. She and I have talked for years about going to "visit Harry"--the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida--which now we can do since she'll be retired. Yep, two middle-aged retired teachers will fit right in there! But we don't care, we love Harry and it's supposed to be a really phenomenal place.

For the rest of tonight I plan on cleaning out the fridge, planning menus since most of Easter dinner is eaten up, and getting my bill-paying stuff ready for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, be careful in the storms.