2016 To Do Challenge - Page 116
Page 116 of 351 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117118119126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, why doesn't your daughter ride a bike to work if it's only two miles? Or walk? That seems like a logical solution during daylight hours. Or carpool with other people working the same shifts. At her age she should be able to figure out how to get to work by herself so you don't have to be stressed about it. Glad you're feeling better.

There was a cat hoarding situation in town here recently. The city finally seized the cats and tore down the house. I can't even imagine how bad that must have smelled the day they knocked it down, but I bet the neighbors were happy the whole mess was gone.

Husby is putting the grill together. I'm hoping to stay out of it because my mind is on the camper shower project at the moment. But I'm sure I'll have to at least help hold stuff in place sometime.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is the summer wreath. Hanging in the middle is a necklace pendant i found
    on clearance at HL. it matches perfectly.2016 To Do Challenge-summer-wreath.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	summer wreath.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	39890

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ha ha - i just made one wreath. didnt think i added pic correctly but i guess i did.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That really turned out nice, EB. And the embellishment is the perfect touch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-why indeed. She did walk and I told her this summer she could more. This morning was bad,I wasnt pleasant at all. She is naturally selfish and you have to point out to her once in awhile. Bikes we have plenty but I think Ds prob. rode each one to near destruction. They prob. have a bulletin board to ask too. as far as ride shares go. Its so close and to have to get up early when your sick w/ DH being injured is ridiculous. He even drove her in the other day,getting to the car w/ crutches.

Got some of the litter boxes done,need to run a load and flip the dishes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The party was a hit. Managed to get up early and prep for my two acting classes today. I ended up with 11 in one and 9 in the other. I was suppose to have 6 in each. Oh, well. DH got the lawn mowed and the rest of the garden tilled. Going to plant after church tomorrow since I am too tired today. Taking it easy the rest of the day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, she should be able to afford a bike, since she's working. They're not really that expensive. There should be good sales at this time of year, too. I was under the impression you lived miles and miles from her job.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
    Ha ha - i just made one wreath. didnt think i added pic correctly but i guess i did.
    it's very pretty!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, glad your party went well

fw, didn't you give your daughter a car? Maybe I missed something.......

SO, what a great opportunity for your daughter! Maybe she can raise more money for the trip.

Bernice, I am shocked that no shelter, animal control or sheriff dept. would not help the dogs living in such deplorable conditions. This just infuriates me.

earlybird, what a gorgeous wreath. You do great work!

TDN, love the name Dahlia! I hate that the stores push rabbits for kids for Easter, they don't push buying reindeers for kids for Christmas. Rabbits are not an easy pet if you care for them correctly. I have fostered many rabbits with broken legs or bones from kids dropping them and then not getting medical care or half dead from not getting fed. We used to hate June because that was "dump" month for the Easter bunnies. Kids are getting out of school and no one wants to take care of the rabbit anymore.

pinetree, bless you for caring about the rabbits. Rabbits do not need salt. Have you googled a rabbit rescue in your area? They can probably help you with them or point you to a shelter who can help. Sadly rabbit rescue groups are just as overwhelmed as dog and cat rescues.

Well I didn't get as much done as I would have liked but I did get about half of my list done. I also worked on my closet today and started pulling some winter clothes out and putting summer clothes in. Can you tell I'm looking forward to summer?!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good day. The sun is shining and I'm alive. lol My BIL and DH are going to start building my compost bins and a new chicken coop. I am so excited. Going to plant basil, sage, and cilantro in my herb bed and zucchini, yellow squash, 4 varieties of tomatoes, and 2 varieties of peppers, and eggplant. Will add cucumbers and okra.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well,we have snow but only about an inch after a tremendous amt. of wind and flurries. Its cloudy but the sun is tryin?

DD was sold a car for $1500. That was worth about $3200. after I had a lot of repairs done. I even made her pay ins. so I hoped that would push her forward.
    I is lterally sitting in the drive. DH cant drive w/ her on thinners and a messed up fragile ankle and I just wont. It's just parking. She says she gets real confused over which way to turn the wheel to go left or right to back up. I have given up for my own sanity but now I am angry over this.
    SD your a tougher nut than me. I am petrified she will lose this job shes doing well at. She orders stuff thru the internet and her friends and BF drive far to get her. IDK. I had hoped she had realized what stepping up meant right now. The sink dishes seem to indicate-no.
    I never thought to suggest she get a new bike. We have like 8? in the garage.
    The ironic part is both Dh and I would and did ride our bikes. His Dmom was tossed and mine never drove.

Going to try and get out to our Chinese Restaurant today. Hopefully we will both feel good enough. We both need to get out.

On a side note. I was pleased to find Thor a dog being fostered has been adopted by the fosters. Never occured to me people would dump bunnies outside but thats On me. I forgot there is no bottom to stupid. I met a flying squirrel in the forest here close to the house. Never occured to me he was prob. a pet too that either escaped or was released.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did get everything on my list done just in time to shower and go to church. This morning I did the grocery shopping, started the dishwasher and got supper in the crockpot. It's windy this morning but predicted to reach 70 degrees! If the wind would just quit!

Need to finish up laundry, get a card & gift card for a congrats on your new baby! I hate to shop so everyone gets gift cards. I personally love them.

FW - my son would always sleep thru his alarm. He would set the alarm on his phone to go off at 10 minute intervals and he still didn't get up on time. It wasn't till he moved out that it changed. It was a huge fear for him that he wouldn't wake up in time for work/class. But he does just fine and has never overslept. I think he knew I was always there and would make sure he'd get up on time. He'd never admit that tho.

We have a 16 yr old cat and a 10 yr old dog. If it was up to me we wouldn't have pets. But the kids wanted them. I'm just tired of cleaning the cat box, feeding, cleaning the messes and tired of all the hair. Don't think I'll replace them when they pass. We are the dogs third owner and she's great. But she doesn't like anyone else but me! Crazy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys!

RABBIT, I opened the curtain today with alittle face staring at me, that little guy was right here 3 feet from me, he was scared for sure, I looked at him, and thought , man you really look familar, went to the computer and looked up jack rabbits, ha, I think hes one! They come in that funny orangy color and the gray like the ohter one, his ears are way to tall for him, and his face is skinny, he weighs alot maybe 20 lbs. Well if this is the case I have 2 new friends!! as long as he doesnt wipe out hte flowers and fight with the cats he can stay. ( well he can stay anyway, but don't tell him!)
    I havent seen a jack rabbit since living in Wyoming.. I'm really hoping he is anyway, we are keeping an eye on him. He sure id sticking here, so must feel safe.

TDN, Thanks for hte help with the rabbit to, keep your fingers crossed hes not dumped!

EB, I love those colors, I need to do something like that, to keep me busy.

Gbug, have fun working in the dirt! I wish I could plant now!

FW, you are suppose to get 2 more storms, one is Wed. sorry, I guess its your turn!

What the heck? My Dad would be throwing an absolute fit with driving, he would be yelling " if you dont know what you are doing get you axe out there and practice in the driveway." We had the high school parking lot across the street, he would take the car over there and we would pratice for hours! WE did the same thing with The DIL, when she was trying to get a motorcycle license. In Wy. i use to practice shifting the 3 speed on the tree, trying to get it right, out on the street. I don't get kids now, we were there the day we could get a permit, we couldn't wait to drive!
    Hope you day goes well. Hugs to the bacon eater puppy!
    Wow, I want a flying Squirrel!! mine only walk! lol

SD, Did you get to go on your little trip? Tried out the new grill yet? I could have tried it out last night with my brats, I just boiled them.

SO, Wow, that one heck of a trip, hope it all works out for her, that would be some wonderful memories!

Bernice, are you feeling better now? Boy you sure are having trouble with your meds!

ILC, Hope you had a good time this morning! Enjoy your cooler weather!

Hikr, When do the lupines come up, should I plant now or wait until the cold is done? Have you planted yours yet?

Niko, wj, om, jen, kim, and those I forgot, Hi!

Well, we ate my saltless chicken brats last night, oh my were they good, DH is running to town to get some for the freezer they are that good. now to find or make salt free kraut.

You should have seen Bobby yesterday, I was digging up a flower bed, and oh yuck, there were worms everywhere!! She was running around the garden listening for worms, I yelled at her to come here, she kinda hops towards me, I fling a worm at her and scare her to death, then she looked again and ran over to get it, So she had a free lunch, I find a worm and tried to throw it in the same spot , and she'd run over an grab it, Shes so darn cute! Thats my Robin, by the way.Turkey and Turkette even took some time from building their nest to come and say Hi, they were busy picking up twigs. I bet he weighs in at a good 10 lbs. Thats my Doves. The blackbirds aren't back yet.

AWww, the freah air, I slept so good last night!

Going to weed the garlic today, heck its 7 inches tall already! whoohoo!! I can't believe how many weeds are up and growing already. DH had to spray the rock already.

I have cherry trees coming up where they shouldn't be so we are going to try and transplant them where we lost the other trees. It will take years to get cherries off of them. Its so sad how many trees we have lost.

Today
    spend the day outside, pulling planting, moving, cleaning out planters, digging..

Have a wonderful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok read thru mis-spelled words, sorry!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, so neat about your birds and the worms and the turkeys. We have turkeys in our area, but not at our place. We do get ruffed grouse who are too dumb to live, but pretty. I love to hear them drumming.

No, we didn't get to the park. Husby put the grill together by himself, except for me having to help hold or place things twice. I stayed out of it. I think he amazed himself but I'm glad if he starts doing more stuff alone. I curse his parents frequently for teaching him if he doesn't know how to do something, then don't try. I've been trying to get him over that crap for more than forty years. You should have dropped by with your brats last night. I thawed out a couple four-ounce steaks wrapped in bacon but it was so cold we decided not to deal with the grill. That's cute about the jack rabbit. Be sure you take a pic when a jackalope shows up.

SO, I'm with you on not replacing the cats. We're sort of hoping we can stand being dogless for a while when Sota is gone, but it will be difficult. We'd like to take some extended trips to Hawaii, Alaska, and some other places, and don't want to kennel a dog, especially a former shelter dog, for that long.

FW, set a date for your daughter and inform her you will stop giving her rides as of that date. Be sure it's a long enough time for her to either get a license or make other arrangements, but not so long she has time to procrastinate about it. Then be sure you stick to that date. She's playing you if she's saying she can't figure out she turns the wheel in the direction she wants to back up. That's total BS. And if by some stretch of the imagination it is true, then she can practice, as Pinetree said. She's not backing a trailer, after all. But she's got the Mom Taxi on demand, so has no incentive to make changes. Why would she? We'd all love to have a live-in chauffeur. If she cares about her job, she'll solve the transportation problem, and if she doesn't care, why do you? At the least, you should be driving HER car to drag her around, and she can gas it up whenever it needs it. She's already paying the insurance. Why stack up those miles on your car when it's on its last legs already? Sometimes the little birds need a nudge to get closer to the edge of the nest.

Not sure about my agenda today. I think it'll either be more work on the travel food organization or maybe doing something about the new cabana.