2016 To Do Challenge - Page 117
Page 117 of 351 FirstFirst ... 1767107114115116117118119120127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-thats bobbys job. Mackey likes worms too. yum so so yum. He gets incensed over robins. He doesnt like how they hop. We tease him, Hey,mack I think theres a robin in your yard. He is ready for battle. Hey Robin,get out of my yard. It's so funny when a 110# dog gets all mopey,pouty.

DD and I just went round. I yelled for her to come down and get a package. She came down screaming and swearing up a storm. I told her that wasnt working for me. She said what should I get a P.O.BOX!!! I said ok. And pack. I gave her a week deadline of rides. I told her to get her butt in the kitchen and do those dishes. That we are in crisis and I dont need her crap. I think some people just need a slap in the face w/ a cold fish before they smell the stink. I am so over this crap. Good thing I dont own a magic wand most days.

EB-it has become evident w/ both of us down this week I cant accumulate anymore either. Income isnt guaranteed because of age and health. And boy it would have been nice just to sleep and heal instead of dragging myself up to let guys in and out,clean pans and feed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, way to go on telling it like it is to your DD!!! Today's generation is so dependent on their mommies and daddies----I know because I have kids of this generation. So sorry you had to do it but I think you did the right thing.
    I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you and DH can get Chinese tonight. Boy, that sounds good!

Bernice, we've had several high-profile animal hoarding cases here recently----one of them was an old lady who used to run a reputable kennel but apparently dementia or something set in. So sad. I've read that sometimes these hoarders think they're saving the animals from something worse. And have you ever watched Hoarders on TV? Oh my gracious, sometimes dead pets are found in the messes, and usually the hoarder shows little emotion about it. I guess it's part of the mental illness.
    Hope your sleep gets straightened out. Sleep is so vital to our well-being.

StartingOver, oh I hope the money can be raised for your DD's trip to Europe! What a great opportunity that is for a teenager! If she doesn't already have a passport, go ahead and apply ASAP; sometimes it takes months and months to get one.

TDN, hope you're feeling better! And good work with Dahlia!

earlybird, you do pretty crafting. Like those colors---they look summery, and I like summer colors, just not the weather.

RABBIT, I never look forward to summer because it's so stinking hot and humid here, but I'm a weird one who prefers cold over heat.

Gbug, did you have any leftovers from the party? That menu sounded sooooo good.
    I'd love to have compost bins but DH doesn't see the need. SIGH

pinetree, so what will you name the jack rabbit? I love all the names for the other critters, especially Turkey and Turkette---too funny! How about JB for Jack Bunny? I would say JR but that reminds me of the character JR Ewing on Dallas.... Hmmm, gotta think up some names. Pictures, please.
    I saw that your weather isn't supposed to go below freezing for the next week! Yea!
    Yes, south of us got the bad weather, a few places damaged but nobody hurt.
    Vertigo reared its ugly head again yesterday so after about 4:00 I was useless. After sleeping/resting for a couple of hours the nausea was gone at least, which is the worst part. We didn't go to church this a.m. and I'm just now really feeling better. Sat in the sun for a little while with a cat in my lap which was nice for both of us.

For Sunday:

1) Go through coupons in newspaper/cull others DONE
    2) Enjoy the weather IN PROGRESS
    3) Revise menus
    4) Compare week's appointments, etc., with DH
    5) Watch the season premiere of Call the Midwife 8:00

Have a good Sunday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, love that you have a "pet" robin! You'll have her trained in no time. How cute that the rabbit was looking at you this morning through the window. I hope it is a jackrabbit and not a Flemish giant. We don't have jackrabbits in Michigan so I don't even know what one looks like.

Taught Sunday School today and was using the three cups with a ball under one while switching them around to have the kids guess where the ball was. I was using it as an illustration to talk to the kids about how God see's everything we do. As soon as I pull the cups and ball out, one of the boys says "we're going to be gambling?" LOL I couldn't stop laughing. All I need is the kids telling their parents Miss Rabbit is gambling with them in Sunday School.

Just hanging out and relaxing this afternoon, no lists today. Talked to my SIL on the phone for awhile and now am going to watch some taped shows with DH. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ROTF!!, RABBIT, you are So funny! Teaching those little ones to gamble!! lol..

Ok everyone can relax, the rabbit is a brush rabbit, they come in orange all the way to black, so the gray one is probably its mate. It looks like its an older one, maybe 2-3yrs. hes cute, but also I need to watch him around the cats, they, the cats, are so stupid they might tackle him to play. I'll try to get a picture of him. It also warns not to back it into a corner, guess it has strong back legs ouuuhh, lile I am scared!, bet it can bite tho!

SD, I havent seen a jackalope since I was in Douglas, WY a fw yrs. ago, they dont come down this far, they stick more up North. At the Race track we would get jackalope plaques, it had a stuffed head at the top, which I thought was pretty gross! We only gave away 7 at the end of the year.

Oh, yea, Mr. Turkey and his wife Turkette are doves, Turkeys are in Nebraska, my MIL has them, DH's dad was scared to death of them! Boy I live in the wrong state!!

Can't name anything JR. already have one, Hes my blackbird, the son of my devoted Ralph, that we bought up from 3 days old when he got blown out of his nest. He never showed back up, maybe 4 yrs ago, he was like 18yrs old. His son is pretty much like him, but won't come to me. which is good, he's wild, the way he should be. So he is my Ralphy Junior, JR.

We now have a finch type size bird, its beautiful and its song is tick,,, tick,, its pure black with a bright almost neon yellow breast, we can't find it in the bird book and its only here for a few months, but she sticks around the cherry trees. She brought a mate last yr. hoping she comes back too. We also have one with a green breast, weird. Then theres Squeekers, and her clan of blue jays, her and i have it out all the time, she gets mad and is pretty mean.

I have a wildlife refuge here, even the squirrels bring orphaned babies here.. I think they feel they can get help. We even have little hole cut in the bottom of the fence so critters can get in or out when they have to, many times a cats dives in the back trying to get away from a dog or another cat.

Bobby (Leigh), will walk behind DH when he rototills, almost like a puppy,the robin, she also brings her babies right up to us, she usually mates with mohawk. When you talk to him the feathers on top of his head spring up and it looks like a real mohawk! Shes really laid back, but I'm afraid of her landing around someone that doesn't know her, but she pretty well sticks here.

Well enough about the zoo! I need to get back out there, the weeds are taking over. DH is trying to cut down the pampas grass, and it looks like its winning!

ILc, Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Take it easy everyone!
    Last edited by pinetree; 04-03-2016 at 05:49 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning and happy Monday! Kiddos come this afternoon so this morning I'll get my chores done. I need to dust the parts I ran out of time to do the other day so I want to finish that project. I also need to clean DHs bathroom and scoop the kitty box. Said kitty is now tucked under my comforter so no making my bed till the queen rises. LOL. I can't bear to move her...maybe I'm just trying to avoid making my bed? I also need to sweep the mudroom and kitchen.

SD have you used the grill yet? I'm on the hunt for a charcoal one. We have the Cobb charcoal one but as you know it's small when we have the family over for BBQ and even with two Cobbs going it's pretty tight on space so I want a bigger one. The Cobb we'll continue to use for traveling and for just us. We've had a couple of gas grills over the years and I liked them but then we got the Cobb and used charcoal and I love it so much more that I gave away our gas grill and not looking for another one. I just want a larger charcoal grill. I have seen some surfing online but will have to see what the stores have as they should start coming out with those soon. I told DH that's what I want for Mother's Day. I have seen a lot of combo grills with half charcoal and half gas and I want zero gas and strictly charcoal. So we'll see once they start coming out of hiding here in the stores and see what I can nab

Pinetree can you call the game wardens (here it's the fish and game department at the state) for advice on dealing with wild animals. I called about the turkeys we had and they had great advice. I love your zoo!

TDN hope you're feeling better. Yay for Dahlia's improvement! I knew you could do it <3

StartingOver I'd definitely go to the meeting on the European tour and see what the details are. That is a lot of money but it's possible the group may do some team fundraising which would be a big help. I agree, it's the opportunity of a lifetime but I can understand your hesitance too.

FW I laughed out loud at your comment about the bacon dance of Hunty's and the six cats lined up perfectly in formation waiting for theirs. Too funny! Yeah, it's time for your DD to get going on the license and stop relying on you. She's got no excuse. Parking is hard but she needs to get over the fear and just do it. I'd be angry about it too. I agree with SD in that she's comfortable with the way things are and since you and her friends and BF are willing to drive her around she's unmotivated to pursue it. When the rides dry up and she's hauling herself to work on a bike day after day she might come around quicker. One of my friends always said when it comes to kids "sometimes you have to pull the rug out and let the little buggers tumble". LOL. Now reading further along I see you had a chat with her and laid down some ground rules. Good for you. I'm sure it was hard to lay into her like that but honestly, she needed to hear it and you need the break from being on call to drive her all the time.

ILC hope the vertigo has passed. But I'm sorry it keeps recurring Time in the sun with a cat on your lap sounds awesome.

Earlybird I'm glad you got the live with the fun grandma. One of my grandmother's growing up lived 6 miles from us so we spent a lot of time with her. She'd come get us Friday night and we'd stay with her the whole weekend. She was so much fun. She played with us, took us to the playground and on walks and just spent time with us talking, teaching us how to cook etc. I just treasured times with her. My other grandmother was a dear but she lived about 3 hours away so we didn't get to spend much time with her. Anyway, knowing how much of an impact my grandmother made on my life I vowed if I was lucky enough to have grandchildren I wanted to be the kind of grandmother to them that Nana was to me. So I'm doing my best to honor her memory by giving the kids what she gave me...the gift of her time and her attention and her unfailing support (not to mention love). The wreath you made is lovely!

GB glad the party went well!

Hi Bernice, Niko, Ayanka, and anyone I missed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

morning all
    to do
    call vet about Hunty and the stitches for Wed.
    Dh wash load and 1-2 of my own
    DW unload
    sweep stairs and hall.
    Long hot shower
    Go get the van back??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning.

FW2--Kudos for handling your daughter. Been there, done that. It's tough, but my difficult child has turned into a wonderful man and husband. There is hope. Trying to get my BIL to see that with his own kids who are all grown.

Today is filled with a lot of stuff to do:
    Have to buy my cucumber seeds and plant them
    Have to buy some potting soil and separate my aloe vera
    Making up a homemade weed killer and spraying my garden path and other places
    Buy some perennials and planting them if they are still on sale.
    Cut my coupons

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nope, haven't used the grill yet.

The forecast here looks like it's not going to get above around forty degrees till mid-month or later. Ugh. Since we haven't camped in two years, I want to do a weekend trip so we can get out the kinks since I'm sure we've forgotten a lot of stuff. The way it is now we can't even summerize the camper so we could use the sink and toilet. I don't want to have to winterize it again in April, which would be crazy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, you have a menagerie! And I thought we did when we had 8 cats, 2 dogs, a parakeet, and a turtle! LOL We have some pairs of cardinals that have lived here for a few years, and for a couple of years we had a neighborhood raccoon, but that's it now.

hikr, if and when I have grandchildren I want them to think that way about me. Both of my grandmothers lived 4 hours away (different cities) my whole life so I never really spent much time with them. When we got married I told DH I wanted to live here in the same town with his parents and my parents and our siblings so our children would have family close by since I never had that. The only time we had cousins living close by was for one year when my uncle was in Viet Nam and my aunt and my 3 cousins moved to our town to be close to us. It was great.

Gbug, thanks for your comment about your DS turning out okay. I'm still wondering and worried about my DD. DS will be fine, but her....

fw, how are you feeling today? Still somewhat better?

SD, sorry the temps aren't cooperative. We're still hoping to have a long spring and that summer will delay its entrance as long as possible.

Everyone else, hi, hope things are well with you.

For Monday:

1) Get some things in the mail
    2) Get with DH about the week's To Dos
    3) Mop
    4) Reset house from the weekend and from me being sick
    5) Bible study 6:30

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-yes a bit better thanks. I am not so loaded w/ OTC drugs. Coughing here and there but nothing like before.

GB-DD is 25 and needs to go. She interhouse messaged DH and had him get up and drive her w/ his ankle because she didnt want to deal w/ my current opinion of her. So he gets up,gets dressed and crutches to the car to drive her 2 miles. He'll agreed 1 sec. she acts entitled and the the next... not helping bud.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Been trying to keep up. Catching up on what's I've missed in last couple days now

Right now with not long left before going back to work tomorrow...

Done ...
    Dishwasher ran
    1 load in washer
    Started Ebay... been dreading that SO long
    Little of the counter that's started piling AGAIN

To do if I can
    Sweep and mop the bottom half
    Unload dishwasher and start a new load .. or maybe just hand wash what little is there. Only run once a week
    Hopefully put away the clothes that does get done
    Hand wash pots and pans

That's all I'm shooting for and anything else small that I can.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi I'm late as usual.. taking it easy today.

Hikr, No way, last time someone called them they were picked up and destroyed. Nope, I will take care of the rabbit.. lol, Makes me fell closer to RABBIT!! lol
    I wish my Son would have had a Grandma too, He calls his Step Grandma, Grandma, but she didn't come into his life until he was 10, but shes been a real blessing to him. Mine were too far away and only got to see them once every few years, my Dad's died when he was little. But I am going to be one heck of one, we have all decided!!! Now I need someone to spoil!!

RABBIT, I went to open my window here by my chair, pulled the blind, and theres the litttle guy, sitting there munching on tall green grass, its like he was waiting for me. I went to grab the camera and he's gone... I'll keep the camera here with me tomorrow.

FW, you will have to let me know what the vet says, I forgot all about his stitches!! Are they all getting along now? Thats the rule of the yard here, No fighting, period. Either they knock it off of they can leave, so far they have all behaved, when TJ, outside cat comes inside, him and Trouble get into tifts, They are brothers. They like slapping each other.
    Can your DH take your DD on driving lessons while he's home? It might make her feel like she can do it, and he can help her where she is having problems. What about sig ning her up for drivers ed? I had an older lady, I'm talking 60 when I was in it, she went on to drive by herself.

ILC, I forgot about the racoons, We have them too, he usually shows up more in the summer, uses the cats water bowl to wash his food, he's huge, I try to put a picture of him and his wife on. Names are Big and Little.
    Looks like my shunks have moved on, and I'm kinda happy about that, we never had any trouble with her except we couldn't use fish fertilizer in the garden, put eggs shells around the peppers, and they would dig it up, and it was rather weird walking along the garden and turn around and theres aline of little ones watching you! We were always afraid the little ones would get excited and spray, but they never did, we would look out at night and they would be up on the deck playing, they cats just looking at them like the were crazy! Her name is phew phew.. Never named the little ones, except one time she had a runt. its name of course was runt.

SD, what I saw, you are going to have snow for awhile. sorry. Looks like everything is staying way North for awhile.. gives me time to get some of my stuff done...
    Waiting to hear about that new bbq!

TDN, hope you are feeling better, but that gives you huggable time with your new furbaby!

Gbug, WTG with all the planting!

Niko, HI there!! hope all is well.. hugs

Hi to everyone I didn't get..

Planted my bulb onions yesterday, love being out side, in my wonderful sunshine, I am a devoted sun worshipper, sp, I took my little shovel and dug up my little space, got it all ready, planted, had maybe 10 left, and asked DH to help me. I was to tired and weak, I had trouble standing up so just sat on the edge of the deck, Dh got my oxygen, finally made it to the back door, and I couldn't lift my leg to get in the door, must of looked funny, I was trying to lift and DH was pushing on me! So I'm taking it easy today.. ugh I dont get it, I dont have to have my oxygen outside, I even walked around and it didn't drop too bad.

got all the laundry caught up, and saved a bunch by hanging it outside. I did it myself yesterday, plus took out 3 throw rugs! Yipee! No wonder I'm pooped.

Today
    help with a few projects, work
    menu plan
    sit in the sun

Have a great day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Picked my first crop of turnip greens and planted my cucumbers. Also planted a new coreopsis. Now I'm taking a break.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hello from the land of nod. Cut dose another 25% last night and woke up at 1p but have felt groggy all day after that, so I will cut another 25% tonight and hopefully wake up much earlier and feel better. I am not sure this is the med for me, ya think? See shrink this week, he'll know what to do. Got nothing done except paperwork that had to be done.

we had about 4 inches of snow, we only had snow one other day this whole winter. Today a woman on the main road closest to our house went off the road and got killed. It really hits home when it's so close. It was hardly any snow for us, but pure ice underneath. Her poor family

FW, good job with DD! hope it sticks. I did not do well when I was learning to drive from my parents and they were dead sick of hauling me to work and back so they made me pay for driving lessons. I learned real quick, got my license and my parents were done. Making me pay for expensive lessons worked.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So round #2. I go get DD because I had told her 2 more weeks. She asks if i will drive in her vehicle w/ her for morning shift tomorrow. Then non chalantly slides in that the shift starts at 4 a.m. So I said no,i'm not taking her at that time as stated from the beginning and I didnt care if she got fired that was that. So she sits a minute crying and texts her boss who is going to let her come in at 8 a.m. She had gone into all this crap about who was doing what incl. German relatives coming in to the airport. So I told her not my prob. that if she drove she would stop having all this chaos. And not to ask her father w/ the glued ankle to get out of bed. This is unfortunately her own fault for calling me names and having a screaming fit at me because I called a package was here. It's way past time she take care of herself.

Hosp. bill came today w/ the ins. estimated to pay $30,000 and our share $500. Not incl the surgeon. Fingers crossed as this is 1 of 2. His clinic bill was only $28. after ins. estimate. Love this ins. I will be sad to see it go in Aug. when COBRA dies.
    Got the van back. He claims he called me so I have to test the machine. The bill was only $136. incl. fixing a nail out of my leaky tire. $30. less than estimate incl. fixing the tire. love this.