2016 To Do Challenge - Page 13
Page 13 of 351 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found a nice Le Creuset oval pan I wouldn't mind having for my new stove. $471. That's never going to happen. People seriously pay that? For one pan?

But one thing I really love about my new stove is the grates are high, so it'll be very easy to use my camp Dutch ovens on it. The legs will just drop through the grates so the pots can sit down on them. I have an eight-quart Lewis and Clark commemorative DO I just love but haven't had much use for. I'll never sell it, but I think I'm going to start using it on the new stove for stuff like I made last night, double batches of food that needs a lot of cooking space. Now if I can just figure out where to store it so it's not such a pain to get up and down from the top of an 8' high shelf. That sucker is heavy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, Yes
    Acute Conidtions, wounds, infections, cuts/bites, inflammations, tooth extraction pain relief, sprains, strains & fractures, post surgical healing and pain releif.

Chronic Conditions
    Degenerative joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, periodontal disease, lick granulomas, geriatric care, hip dysplasia, feline acne, tendonitis, arthritis, otitis, & more.

Pets may feel a gentle and soothing warmth, most treatments take minutes. It uses a beam of laser light to deeply penetrate tissue without damaging it. induces a biological response to cells called ' photo-bio-modulation' which leads to reduced pain, reduced inflammation and increased healing speed.

Its hard to believe but TJ is feeling so much better he wanted hard food! He usually doesnt eat for a couple days and its soft food and you can tell it hurts, This is amazing, and alot cheaper!
    Veterinary Laser Therapy | Companion Therapy by LiteCure | Advanced Laser Therapy Systems

What do you mean how embarrassing? Just belt them out, you will feel SO much better and don't worry about who hears you!! You probably dont sound anywhere what you think you do!!
    My DS, wow, can he get off key, but it warms my heart to see him belting out his favorite tunes! hugs..

I think Toub's is getting arthritis in his leg, (he has one back one) he hops along and then has to stop to rest. this might do him alot of good. Specially when these guys are getting older. I love my vet, have had him since 1971, afraid he's going to reitre soon.

Gbug, you can have this snow! Its getting kinda old and its cold! We cant take the outside lights down, all the cords are iced and frozen into the ground.

FW, lol, I can see him with his tail between his legs doing laps around the house!! So glad he's keeping you busy and on your toes!!

SD wtg, sure didnt take you long to get them all sewed and out the door!!
    Those recipies are just wonderful, some I cant eat, but going to do my best to make them! Take a few days off!! You deserve it!!

Well, got a load of laundry done
    vacuumed up cat hair again,
    dinner just needs to be thrown together, meatloaf

now helping DH with the money we lost on our refinance, we had to call the Attorney Generals Office to file a compaint, They said we never moved our escrow, over, well how can I do that, they did it and looks like they went Christmas shopping with it! Did us alot of good, our payment is about the same, we have to repay all thet money!

I'm done for the day, going to take it easy..

Dont work to hard, hey are we missing ILC? or did I miss her? you hoo, ILC!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 01-05-2016 at 04:57 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did get my list of 3 things completed. Things seem so much manageable when I can do just 3 things a night.

I'm lousy at meal planning and cooking. Weekends I do ok, but I suck during the week. 99% of the time it's just DH and I. DD is so darn busy that she grabs and goes. It's wonderful she can drive now, but that is a whole new set of worries.

DD plays in the Pep band for basketball tonight. I might go watch that. But it's so cold and windy here that once I'm home, I do not like to go back out for anything!

Tonight I will (if I don't go to the game):

1) Wash bathroom rugs
    2) Unload dishwasher
    3) Clean microwave / refrigerator

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL, hey ILC! I should have known we were on together!

SD I cant lift a pan that heavy and sure would NOT spend that kind of money on a pan!

SO, try doing a menu for a week, i have found its easy to look at my list, and try to takae out what I need the night before, even if its grilled cheese and soup, you wont have to figure out what to fix!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I keep thinking what an entire kitchen would look like and what it would cost, in a kitchen belonging to someone who could afford a $500 pan. The pans alone would be thousands, and the food cooked in them wouldn't taste any better than making them in regular cast iron. I've never liked that enameled cast iron anyway. I got rid of all mine. My eight-quart cast iron DO is a beast, too, but I do think I'll use it. Husby said he'll help me get it down later. I'm getting rid of a double-decker steamer I've always thought would be great, but I've had it for years and years and never used it, so it's time for it to go. I hope the DO will fit in its spot but if not, then the salad spinner can leave, too. I really think I'll use the DO if it's convenient, and if not, it can go back up where it is now.

The DfG stuff isn't out the door yet. I have to finish the rest of it. But it feels good to have that much done.

That's great about your doggy, Pinetree. I'm glad he's feeling better.

Hey, Husby was just reading online that the University of Wyoming is the most underrated college in the US. Go, Pokes!

SO, I'm not good at meal planning either. That's why I try to keep freezer meals on hand we can just reheat in the microwave. That way it helps us avoid buying too much processed foods at the grocery store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good evening - completed my tasks for today. Even gave husband a haircut. So with my dye job and his cut we look pretty good.
    I remember a show on Food Channel where they went to viewers homes and they cooked something that was their specialty. I always remember that none of them had fancy big kitchens. One lady even put a board up between sink and counter to make more work space. I dont ever remember someone cooking in a big fancy kitchen. Wish they had more cooking shows like those on now. Everything is a challenge or a game.

I do miss having pets but I do not miss vet bills. You are all very loving who have pets and do everything you can for them.

Tomorrows to dos are: 1. laundry 2. clean bathrooms Husband having lunch with his friends and I will have lunch with my sister. Maybe a stop to Target. I got a gift card for Christmas to use.

Snow melted here and I think it will get warmer for a couple days and then the bottom will fall out again.

Stay safe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    RABBIT, Yes
    Acute Conidtions, wounds, infections, cuts/bites, inflammations, tooth extraction pain relief, sprains, strains & fractures, post surgical healing and pain releif.

Chronic Conditions
    Degenerative joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, periodontal disease, lick granulomas, geriatric care, hip dysplasia, feline acne, tendonitis, arthritis, otitis, & more.
    I never heard of this and is so much cheaper than having the vet put the under to do deep cleanings. I may have to find a vet that does this, I love mine but she kind of pushes expensive deep cleanings. I have spent $700 on older dogs so they don't die of a cardiac infection from their gums and then they die within the year of old age, it's such a waste sometimes. Yet when I turned it down once, I felt like a bad pet owner, ugh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

tomorrow:
    tidy bedroom
    MD appt
    return to Talbot's the 4 dresses that didn't fit for my brother's wedding,
    kept 1 but keeping receipt, it's black and it's a June wedding

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Work- supper made- Cleaned mirrors and door windows, t.v screens dusted. Small freezer organized and some older food from big freezer added to keep full.
    For tomorrow
    -clean bathroom sinks and bathtub of hair with declogger thingamajig (First time I ever wrote this word, surprised it is in the Merriam-Webster dictionary)
    - sanitize all the drains with baking soda, then white vinegar, then hot water.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

today:

~paid bills
    ~started my exit interview form from when I had to leave work, but just can't seem to say what I really want to say. it's so old now, I'm sure they don't care
    ~had huge stack of book reviews ripped from magazines, probably 6 mos worth, ordered all the books from library. forgot to "freeze" some, so will probably all come in at once, better fix that
    ~sorted week's worth of mail, I cannot keep up with the amount of health related stuff that comes in, overwhelmed
    ~unloaded and re-loaded dishwasher

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

took a nap after all the shopping and opened a can of Ravioli and a jar of applesauce for dh. He stayed late again to make up for his Dr. appt. for his eyes tomorrow. I miss salary pay.

I still need to throw jeans in for tomorrow at the rescue. I will empty and start the new load of dishes tomorrow. Just over cooked today.

I paid $30. for a NIB T-Fal set at a garage sale. The kind of people who buy stuff like that cookware must have a museum not a kitchen or be pro chefs. Not this little cheapskate. Glad your enjoying your new stove.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The stove's not hooked up yet but I'm enjoying it anyway. You know me, I love planning and embellishing and repurposing when I get anything new. No matter how nice something is, it can almost always be improved.

I probably didn't spend $500 on every piece of cookware in my kitchen, and that includes the camp ovens but not the small appliances.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Perfect! Husby got the big DO down for me and rearranged the others. It won't fit in the pantry but I think I can change things around tomorrow and make some space. I tried it on the stove and it won't work that well on the middle burner, but it's a perfect fit on the front burners and that should work out fine. The legs slip right through the grates and don't touch the enamel underneath, so the bottom of the pot sits flat on the grate. I never was comfortable using it on the old stove because I was afraid it would scratch or chip the enamel since it's so heavy and the legs sat right on the enamel part. I've been thinking about buying a wok but I really don't want to. I've had woks before and ended up not using them, and they're big to store and not really a multiple use item. The big DO should work just as well, it's cast iron which is a big plus, and if it works out like I think it will, my beautiful L&C DO will be where I see that fancy lid and the pot will be put to good use.

I almost swapped the L&C lid from the big DO to use it with the shorter #12 I have and sold it on the garage sale last year. But I knew doing that would destroy the value of it, so I didn't. I'm sure glad now I didn't.

I love it when I can use what I have instead of buying something new to add to the over-abundance of stuff we have around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by RABBIT View Post
    wj - boy, I wish I could give myself haircuts. I wear my hair short so it needs to be cut every 4-5 weeks.
    I wear my hair very short too. I cut my bangs with scissors, the back and sides with clippers and a razor comb.
    I actually cut the back by feel, but I do occasionally check it with a mirror so I don't get too carried away.
    What's great about doing it myself is that if I suddenly decide at 9pm on a Sunday that I need a haircut, I just do it. No calling for appointments or getting dressed and going somewhere.
    Sure it saves money, the the convenience is the main reason I do it myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today is rescue day so I will have to leave at 11:30 and drop DD early. Then head down until about 4 pm. So basically the day gets shot.
    Have a jeans load in and hope to get 1 more in if not dried. need to Empty the DW and refill in a bit
    call Dmom
    Making Dh omlettes tonight. Way overstocked on eggs. Plus I have a bit of ham and cheese I need to use,leftover pineapple and clearance dk. Rye.

Need to get Feb. budget done sometime,vaccumn and clip cat nails,make a vet appt. for Fri. for Mikey and discuss Hunter now. Oh and get that van in and fix the window plus go see Dmom for the exchange.