2016 To Do Challenge - Page 147
Page 147 of 351 FirstFirst ... 4797137144145146147148149150157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice View Post
    TDN, he looks well-loved
    Grammarbug, good luck with Rebel
    Pine tree, you inspire me!

today is get ready for DD's bday dinner. Then in the afternoon the house is going to be filled with my mother's side of the family, they are all in town for a funeral. So got to general clean since this is the first time most of them will see the house.

I am very worried about seeing my one cousin, we barely know each other but on FaceBook he made fun of me when I was very, very sick and was on bedrest. He said cruel, horrible things that were so bad, it made DD cry when she read the posts. I wrote to him, apologized for anything I ever did to upset him and asked him point blank why he decimated my character in front of family, friends and colleagues? Told him I wanted to resolve it for our mothers' sakes. He ignored me and has never apologized. Meanwhile he has been on disability as a cop collecting full pay for a bum knee and is collecting money hand over fist as a contractor under the table. He even mocked me as an adult who had to run home to mommy because I bought this house with my parents. We bought it so we could both downsize and I could care easily for my dying mom. I got sick at least a year after. I basically hate him and he is the type to put on a big gregarious act of hugging me today and asking how I feel, etc. I don't want to speak to him until he apologizes or explains himself. WWYD? I know the Christian thing to do but I don't want to do it. I have never been so hurt by a family member as him.
    Bernice, this is a difficult spot to be in for sure. In all likelihood he will pretend nothing ever happened. I am dealing with something similar and will tell you my situation and hope this will help you somewhat. A year ago, when my mother was in hospital I was burnt out caring for her and my father (who was also ill at home). I asked for help from my siblings (a few live within driving distance). One of these siblings and spouse chose to send me a very lengthy email as to what I was all doing wrong and not to bother them because they lead busy lives. My husband decided to send them a lengthy reply and then the phone rang and they wanted to speak about it. I let my husband speak with them but have never ever spoken to them about this myself. I know it bugs them to no end but I will not stoop down so low to 'explain' myself. I have nothing to say to them about this situation and, since that letter, never have sent them anymore updates on my parents health situation. I refuse to send updates, only to have them critiqued like I am a schoolkid. I have other siblings who support me, although I have to do the bulk of the caring.

The only time this siblings family sees my parents is when I organize family get togethers for my parents. I am civil and polite and will speak with them but never bring up their nasty email. I actually feel sorry for them - they are missing out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, Trouble is a beautiful boy! And his surgery spot looks like it's healing wonderfully.
    He's really lucky to have you.

Bernice, so sorry about your jerk of a cousin. Yes, he sounds as though he'd make a big show of hugging you, etc. In case that happens, I'd just turn and walk away any time I saw him coming toward me. Let people draw their own conclusions. Since he so openly made negative remarks about you, everyone should be aware of why you don't welcome any attention from him. If he questions it, tell him point blank. It probably wouldn't change him but it might make you feel better. HUGS and prayers for you!

fw, I think having a party for Mackey is a great idea! Post pictures, please.

SD, those pavers are very attractive and they'd certainly be durable and easy to clean.

Gbug, we don't have tomatoes yet, just the yellow blossoms. Stay safe in the storms. Yes, it's spring in the south....
    I know you'l be glad when the vet checks Rebel. Let us know.

pinetree, you may not be able to do any more than you're doing now but what you're doing now is pretty impressive. All that yard work!
    A spotter---very cool. Can you retake the ham radio test? I'm imagining you on the Weather Channel, reporting live from the middle of a tornado. LOL
    Years ago I took my cat Stuart Little to the University of Georgia vet school on the advice of my local vet. They were wonderful even though there was nothing that could be done for Stu. I was in my second or third year of teaching and when I told my principal (a very wise and understanding mentor) why I had to miss a day of work he at first laughed but when I explained the situation he very graciously gave me the day. (Back then teachers had to get permission to be out unless it was for sickness or a death. I figured this was sickness. I think he did, too.)
    How's the weather? We're sunny and warm here with storms forecast Thursday p.m. I hope they're not too bad because a local college is having a free concert (flutes) and I want to go.

For Monday:

1) Some financial stuff with DH DONE
    2) Supper in crock pot (chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing) DONE
    3) Clean off screened porch as soon as local news goes off
    4) Bible study 6:30

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Berince, Follow your 1st thought, let it go, give it to the good Lord and let him deal with it, remember, " Don't let anyone steal your joy."
    Don't Worry about what someone says, people probably think he's crazy anyway. If hes gone after you, hes done it to others to. Just come here and let it out, then forget about it. Hugs

Gbug, Hope you get your garden done. Stay safe, I have heard there a full week of nasty weather coming. Praying all of your pets are ok.

TDN, I can't get your 2nd picture, Hes looking really good, its healing nicely! Poor thing, has the itching started yet? What a beautiful Boy!! aslo thats the only way to nap and sleep.
    I thought about putting a picture of Troub, Ok " Bubs" on but its pretty gross, even tho it is one of the better ones, its the last surgery. When we found him his stomach, insides, were hanging out, he had stuffed him self with dirt and grass to try and hold it in, so his scar is just not his leg, really I dont know how he made it, but I give Thanks every single day, He is our million dollar, miracle baby boy. Funny, it will be 9yrs tomorrow that he got hurt. See they can live just fine!! Weird too its the same leg, the left one!!! Sure feels like that happened yesterday.
    He needs all that hugging right, Keep up the good work, he will be just fine!!

SD.Sounds like you are really busy again, I hope everything works out so you can go on a relaxing vacation for awhile.

FW, sounds like you are cleaning and cooking like a wild woman, send me some energy!

ILC, Thinking about you.

Hi to everyone, my brain just quit on me.. its Monday, I dont do well with Monday. plus I have to take this awful pill, and cant have my coffee for 30 minutes, this is NOT a good sight.

was going to try and get the garden going, BUT, am hearing we might get up to 4 inches of rain next weekend, that will wash out everything, man, i wish someone would make up to Mother Nature, she sure seems upset. Nasty storms on the plains, saw some grapefruit hail yesterday, boy that would take a roof off fast! Going to do a load of laundry, they say T-storms this afternoon. ugh, I wish I could pull the weeds before something else happens, the weeds are getting out of control, and the snow just made them grow faster, but these trees really need to get done now. I think I could use about 10 of me. I cant seem to catch up.

today
    dig out, cut out dead trees, branches..
    pull weeds if time
    wash cats bowls

Have a wonderful day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL, ILC, No not a spotter!! I dont think I could do all that riding in the car, I would help them, find roads out, closer, watch for hail, funnels, just watch their backs. I get To flustered when I see a funnel, I crawl into my own skin, it scares me so bad. But I could watch radars and maps etc. Sometimes they try to get closer and end up on dirt roads etc, which isn't good.

I took a pre-test to see how I would do, I need to brush up on some of it. we havent had Our CB's or radios for years! Still just thnking about it, I would have to put up the mile tall antenna, again, I wanted it down, it worked well for a lightning rod, even tho it was grounded.

Tuesday is suppose to be really bad for the plains, tornado alley, I just hope nothing bad happens, theres so many people having trouble with the water, they dont need towns ripped apart.

Flutes, oh, I can hear it from here, how sweet, enjoy!!

The college, I guess, is really up to date and innto all the new stuff, and was alot cheaper than the vet, and there ha had 24 hour care. It's sad your couldnt help yours.

FW, Are you making Mackey a nice birthday cake? We celebrate all of ours babies birthday too, so dont feel bad.

I gotta get busy!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpg trying again Pinetree. It did show up when first posted yesterday then gone!

He got his cone off last night and was licking at his leg! Luckly he is in a bedroom right off the living area and if I am not with him I am checking constantly! No damage done

Just putsing around the house today hoping to get everything reset. Waiting for the vet to call still. I have a few hair clients this week and am hoping the vet does not call when I am working. I don't plan to take anymore appointments just do the few I have they are all morning appointments so hopefully the vet will call in the afternoon.......ideally today!

Pinetree, I can not believe Trouble survived that! He has no problem getting around outside?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, Oh what a face!! What a beautiful boy, and those feet!! Love those white feet and those white whiskers!!

The vet told us that they help heal themselves by licking, Bubs licked his, but didnt rip or pull at the stitches. It was later, he was pretty doped up for quite awhile.

The inside cats all have a "cat pen " they have to go thru the cat door, then go down 2 steps, then we built a ramp for Tazzie, ( all with carpet) hes goes up, down, around eats grass, lays in the straw, talks to his Mom and his Brother, lays and sleeps in the sun, but he can never be let out side in the open. He cant defend himself, well he couldn't when he had 4 legs. Him And His brother TJ, are together at night, TJ will come in and they slap each other around, they never have gotton along, but outside they will rub against the fence and kiss each other, ugh...Sasha, his Mom, will come check on him everyday. She looks just like Sweet Pea, with out the tongue!

I hope the vet gives you good news, he looks like hes doing really well, Now the big question

How are you doing? Sure takes the wind out of you doesn't it? Hope your finding some calm and peace now, its such a horrible thing to happen, and you dont even have time to think, you are so worried and scared. I will tell you tho, you are going to have one heck of a spoiled boy for awhile!! But they are SO worth it!! Hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TDN-hugs and kisses from all the fur people over here for being there for pets and animals in general.

Got the DW flipped ,the sink scrubbed,the 1st shelf of the fridge reset and clean,chopped the g.peppers for the brats,made L.O. spaghetti for DH (and Yogi),got the first load of bedding in the dryer.

To DO
    hope to start another load
    have to pick up DD from work and hit the bank?? I need her rent or the car ins. As I PIF the other day and expect mucho hosp. bills soon. I laughed,she was whining about paying $40. for unlimited data and for the service.

Today is about resetting what I can also. refilled Tp and paper towels,downstairs cat food,need to sweep again. Its hard being 2 people.lol
    IDK what to do about the yard,hoses and lawn furniture.

Maybe can get to the 2nd fridge shelf too-such lofty goals.

I went to the end of the class series and they talked a bit and reveiwed a bit and had some food. I'll definately be taking the next session starting mon. next. It was kinda eerie. I sadi to DD before i left-I like this class but I would take a class about fertilizer if it meant more mental stimulation. So w/ in the class he starts talking about the leftover stuff that we set aside as we experience growth. And that that can be used as fertilizer. So one upstairs has a sense of humor??

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok Pinetree......I am confused......who is the 3 legged cat? I was thinking it was Trouble the outside cat but looks like it is Tazzie the inside cat? If it is an inside only kittie I have a few questions......my boy has always been inside only.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Starting to peter out. Got bagels for the week when I got DD.
    Need to wash another load but I'd rather nap. Storm coming in later is getting my energy. Better take the cans in and check for mail-bills.

Kinda putting the cake off a bit. They had angel food cake and w/ little peanut butter and cookie bones a dog cake. .50 clearance so I'll decorate for the Mackie!!lol nutters. MAAAYBE??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ugh, thanks for all the advice. He came in, gregarious as ever, tried to hug me and asked how I was, I kept my arms down, said, "fine" and immediately turned away from him. Ended up seated at the opposite end of the couch from him so it was easy to not see him or have to speak to him. He new lovely GF sat next to me and chatted the whole time. I know she wants to be friends and be part of our lives (two of his kids go to school in our town so they are here all the time), she was very excited to meet "the family". I was very kind to her, I like her but I think she knows this won't be going anywhere until Doug apologizes. It was certainly made clear to Doug. he doesn't deserve this sweet woman! At least it is OVER.

momof5boys, you are a saint! You are right, they are the ones missing out and someday they will regret that

have some free time before DD comes to dinner

poor Bernice, I feel so bad for her when there is a crowd of strangers, she barks like mad but it's a fear bark, she trembles and jumps if anyone tries to pet her. Hates men especially. She settled down after a while but I hate to see her suffering. Someone did a number on her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, ok maybe this will help
    Page 136
    #1, Sweet Pea, Tazzies Mom, inside sister to all but Fancy, Mom is Sasha
    #2, Trouble, Tazzies Uncle, inside brother to all but Fancy, 3 legs, Mom is Sasha
    #3, Fancy, came in almost starved to death, inside
    #4, TJ. ( Tazzie Junior ) Tazzies uncle a,d brother to all but Fancy, Mom is Sasha
    #5, "little Kitten" Tazzie, She passed away 4/20 2 yrs ago from congestive heart failure. inside, she had distemper at 7 weeks, and twisted intestine at 2 yrs old. She was only 9 and 3 times bigger than her Mom, Sweet Pea.
    They are all a year apart, it took us that long to catch Sasha and get her fixed!

Trouble is my million dollar man, Little Kitten was our million dollar girl, no joke.

Ask away!! I hope I can help. Dh even said you're doing a great job and to tell you Do Not let him gain weight, Troubs has put on weight and its getting hard for him to get around, so watch that closely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got an e-mail Hancock's Fabric is going out of business!

ILC, you might find a deal on a sewing machine! Aw, man everything is closing...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What! How is that possible? Well, dang!

I guess that leaves Joann.

And people wonder why I keep buying fabric at GW.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Joann's is to far away! Aw, I need that material to recover the grill, guess I can always order online?

SD, it says patterns, foam, everything, sewing machines are 20% off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I looked up some stories about the closing and one mentioned that's one reason they're losing money, people are buying fabric online. I hate buying online! I like to be able to fondle the fabric so I can tell what the 'hand' is, and see the true colors of it, too.

I worked for Hancock back in the eighties when it was still Minnesota Fabrics, and we lived in Minneapolis. I was an employee first and then when I left, I still sewed demo garments that were displayed in the store. I loved doing that!

I'm suddenly feeling a lot less pressured to get my stash fabrics all sewed up. It's not that I shopped at Hancock so much since the closest one is 110 miles away, but it appears the handwriting is on the wall. Husby thinks the closings are why he got his cross stitch kits half off last time we were in Duluth, and there might be something to that. We had noticed the store seemed to have too many empty places where inventory should have been, and it wasn't as tidy as usual either. That was a month or so ago.

Oh, well, most of what I sew anymore uses industrial fabrics anyway, and I'll continue to pick stuff up secondhand, very selectively since I don't sew much for clothes anymore. Another reason cited for the stores closing, most people don't sew clothing these days.