2016 To Do Challenge - Page 149
Page 149 of 351 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, its a siding/fencing coil gun, shoots shorter nails , used for fences & wood siding. Seems we always need one around here, and they save so much time.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yellowstone keeps sending me e mails. Now I want to go to Yellowstone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all!! Making Dh simple mexican tonight as in canned black beans,cheese of a tortilla and canned tamales! I'm too tired to make any rice!
    Didnt do any work around the house or w/ the grill. It thundered and boomed so hard I thought the house moved off the foundation last night. So I decided to go to Dmoms. DD had the day off so she came. And Hunty. BBL

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Yellowstone keeps sending me e mails. Now I want to go to Yellowstone.
    I know what you mean about going to YS. I miss living 1.5 hours away....and seeing the Teton mountains out my window.
    2020 Goals:
    Pay off Ohio House - PAID OFF!! March 2020
    Save for whole house generator - $0/$15,000 (Guess amount, no quote)
    Fully Fund all Retirement Accounts & HSA - $12,500/$43,000
    Save for fruit trees - $0/$2,000 (by December)
    Survive Outage - 6-12s for 3-6 months.....love the pay, hate the hours
    Save for pond....now a 2022 goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, sounds like you and me had somewhat the same idea for dinner tonight. I made torillas with black beans, sweet potatoes mashed and pepper jack cheese. Yum!

ilc, that is amazing to me that the forecaster could zero in on certain streets! I have never heard of that on the news here. I like the idea of the red French doors, they will really pop.

pinetree, you have the craziest weather! I think a red door would look great but I like red! I have never heard of putting spray on liner on a deck, how cool. Let us know if you do it and if you like it. I don't have a deck but know lots of people who do.

SD, you deserve a vacation, go somewhere! (and take a lot of pictures with gnomey)

Bernice, I feel for you, first your Aunt and now your cousin. Nobody else is coming to visit for awhile are they?!

Well I started feeling better this afternoon, by the way I felt when I got up this morning I thought I was coming down with something. Glad I dodged that bullet. I have been searching for a bale of hay for Cadbury and finally found a Feed Store owner who's son had some hay. I think he thought I wanted a lot of it because he assured me that his son had at least 200-300 bales! I told him I only needed one, for a little bunny. LOL. He was nice enough to pick up the bale from his son and have it at the store for me today. It was huge, probably 1 1/2 the size of the bales I normally get. (and cheaper too) I was starting to get worried because I'm almost out of hay and couldn't find any. I really didn't want to have to buy those little over priced bags at the pet stores.

I was just outside with the dogs and I had to have my winter coat on and gloves. I wish the warm weather would come back. Only two things on my list today and I got them both done.

1 - dailies
    2 - make hard boiled eggs for the week
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL, I wish we would have had time to have a pop or coffee with you when we were out there. But it was such a flying trip, we didn't have much time for anything. Even YS was a quick overnight!

Glad you found the hay, Rabbit. I'm sure your bunnies will appreciate it.

The greenhouse is all framed! We're missing some bolts but we should be able to scare up something that'll work somewhere in the mess of the garage. So all that'll be left is installing the panels. I hope things are nice and square or there will be cussing.

We talked it over and decided we're not going to put any kind of floor in the greenhouse, at least not now. It's so rocky and has tree roots and all, we don't think the tiles we bought would work very well. We didn't realize it was that bad. It really doesn't need a floor. We can just weed whack in there once in a while or hit it with some Round-Up every spring. The tiles were over $300 and that would go a long way toward siding the cabin. I do have to build steps or a ramp on both sides of the door though, and that's going to cost some and take some time. I'm not going to do that till we've gone through the lumber in the garage, although I don't think there's much in there for PT lumber. I wonder how pallet wood would hold up. Probably not very well for that application. Maybe the inside steps would be okay from pallets. I'll have to think that one over. The bottom frame would have to be PT.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Back again. Hunty loved his new grammy and she loved him. And her back yard!! She had 2 deer next door and black squirrels,lots of leaves and just so many smells. We kept him on a leash because we didnt know about holes. She fed him PB sand. 1/2 and 2 marrow cookies we brought. Instant buddies and he is welcome back.
    My Dmom is having a hard time because my Dbro mentioned he and his wife want to move to S. Carolina. There last child will be 16 in July so I thought 2 yrs. but I havent talked to them. I need to talk to them if he's moving soon IDK Y she should move over all the way by where he lives instead of closer to me. But Dmom gets confused so I guess at some point I should call him??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer--I am so jealous that you are building a greenhouse. They may just have to be my next project after the chickens are all secured, which may be a while since DH and BIL only work now and then. Pictures please when you are finished.

I survived the storms last night with only with strong wind and heavy rain. More coming tomorrow night. Going to work on coupons and grocery list. BIL and DH are working on the chicken house tonight, so I have to plan dinner, as well. My day at the clothing room yesterday was amazing. We had a lady come in wearing a white shirt and black pants. She went on looking at clothes and she came back with what she had chosen. She began to thank us for the clothing including what she was wearing. She was on her way to an interview. She currently lived at the Salvation Army shelter. We also asked if she would like some food, so I got her food and toiletries. While I was getting her stuff, she found an almost brand new bike. We gave it to her. She was overwhelmed, and the lady that brought her started to cry. Our outreach minister just happened in and suggested we give God the praise for allowing us to be able to help her. I can only say it was an incredible experience.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-how wonderful to hear. Hopefully,she gets the job and can ride her bike in the summer weather.

Well after being gone at Dmoms yesterdat and DH's surgeon checkup Thurs afternoon I need to get hauling around here again so
    to do
    DD to work
    drive thru pick up prescription
    DW empty
    wash more bedding
    sweep.vaccumn floor (again/always)
    make dinner-brats??
    Clean down stove and 1 more fridge shelf.
    shower

Envy-hearing about all the gardens and chickens and greenhouses

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're going to have to study up on how to actually use a greenhouse. We're not the world's greatest gardeners but we keep trying. I think our biggest problem in general is the lack of understanding about fertilizer.

I think our little ermine are back. There seems to be a lot of digging going on under the house slab. They've been gone for several years since we stupidly ripped out a bunch of tall weeds around their little burrows. Won't make that mistake again. The last time, we got to see the babies and watch them from our side deck.

Here's a shot of the greenhouse as of ten minutes ago. Most of the stuff around it is going into it. The stuff in the back left corner is a set of vintage washer tubs on a stand, an old headless wringer washer we salvaged to plant stuff in, and the base of a kettle grill that should make a good planter. There's a table under the tarp that came with the greenhouse, and there's a big pile of stuff behind the garage that also came with it. The big metal box was salvaged to make a table garden, and the rest of that pile is my little junk pile I use all the time for building off-the-wall stuff out of weird bits and pieces. When the greenhouse stuff is moved out, I'm going to put a rack behind the garage and organize the little junk pile into it so I can find stuff easier and get at it better and keep it out of sight.

More stuff that will go around the greenhouse in the new garden area. The dryer drums are on the right. I hope I can find some more of those. They'll be great planters we don't have to build, pay for, or maintain. The washer tub on the stand has been our potato planter for years.

Dock chairs, waiting for the dock to be put in. We made these years ago using scrap lumber and a pattern from the 1940's I got at a rummage sale for a dime.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, wow what a nice size greenhouse. Still can't believe you got all that for $100!

fw, of course Grammy loved Hunter, what's not to love?!

Gbug, boy you guys are really getting hit with some powerful storms. Hope you get by with no damage. When you hear of someone being so blessed with the things you have at the clothing room it has got to bring you to tears. What a wonderful way for you to spend your afternoons, very rewarding.

TDN, I was thinking this morning about Ike, do you have to help him in and out of the litter box? I was just thinking about all his limitations for now.

Got a good head start today so far I have:

1 - worked out
    2 - colored my hair
    3 - cleaned bathroom/dusted bedroom (while hair color was on my head)
    4 - transferred everything from old address book to new (had the new one for 10 years!)
    5 - load of laundry

To do:

1 - move some plants around in the flower beds
    2 - start to chop bush down
    3 - finish dailies
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh, the furnace isn't working again. I'm getting so sick of having an unreliable furnace/AC. We just got this problem fixed for about $350. We're going to have to call the electrician again.

And the dishwasher is making a funny noise now. I can't diagnose it. I'm hoping it's just something caught in the impeller.

The greenhouse is 10x12, and was originally sold at Harbor Freight.

Garden Greenhouse - 10 Ft. X 12 Ft. Greenhouse With 4 Vents
    We can't believe it was only $100, either. The timbers it's sitting on cost more than that, from what we could figure. Plus all the tables and shelves they included. The sellers also helped us take it apart and loaned us their flatbed trailer to drag it home, too. Really nice people. I can't wait to get it done now that it's this far along. Last year was The Year of the Fantastic Bargain, for sure! We sure had the Midas touch. I don't expect a repeat, in part because we bought so much stuff we don't need as much as we did last year.

The contractor called about siding our cabin. He said they're very busy but they could probably come in the fall. That works better for us, so I hope it gets done then. Fall can be iffy here if winter shows up early. It's going to be so great to get that sided. When I went out to take pics of the greenhouse, there was a woodpecker pecking on the side of the cabin again. It's full of woodpecker holes already, so what's one more?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN. are you OK?

Sounds like everyones busy and doing well.

Today
    finish out some jobs
    help put up ceiling fan
    dust

Have a great day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice but nippy so i called Dmom and talked from the deck. Got some bargains at S.A. and 25% more off for senior day (starts at 55 y.o. today) and i got Mackey a soft blankie and some 4/$1. stuffies for the party. I got up this morning and someone had taken the cake and no one is talking so many guilty faces today.lol
    The cake is still intact but I think something else for us humans. I like my cake w/o dirt under stools hidden.

Bought the Chili M&M's for DH. He loves them I do not-as predicted. Choc. shouldnt burn your mouth. 1 flavor down/2 to go.

Rabbit-He was following her like he does me after an hour. He wanted to go in the bathroom w/ her. It got me wondering if some grandma is wondering about her beagle or if he was a pack beagle that got lost w/ his "sister". Either way HW kinda makes me irritated because meds are so easy to get and pretty cheap.

well got my blanket rewashing and need to grab the mattress pad
    need to unload the DW and load about 20 pieces from DD room and 6 from Dh's office-I do try.
    I feel motivated on the mopping too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, that is so wonderful about the woman you could help! Yes, God deserves many thanks!
    We're supposed to get bad rain tomorrow so it must be coming from you to here. It's gotten more humid here the last couple of days and by Friday it's supposed to hit 90 so we'll have no choice but to turn on the AC.

SD, PBS has been running a Ken Burns series on The National Parks--America's Best Idea. Monday night was how Yellowstone and Yosemite were first explored and became national parks. I thought of you!
    Go on vacation! We can't this year due to expenses with house repairs but we'll do some day trips just to get out of town, and that's fine.

fw, so sweet that Hunty and your mom fell in love with each other...
    Yes, call your brother and check with him about what he and your mom have discussed about moving.
    Hope your DH's surgery checkup goes well today.

RABBIT, you're on a roll with getting things done! That's great about Cadbury's hay. I bet that's a happy bunny.

LivinLarge, hi!

pinetree, is Bubs okay today? Any more throwing up?
    I hope your bad weather is over for a while. Hail and lightning are no fun. They scare the stew out of me (a Southernism--we use "stew" instead of a cruder term).
    Our screened porch floor is concrete and it "sweats" when it's very humid or raining, so when we repaint it we'll have to use some kind of sealant, I guess. We're going to cover the ceiling with beadboard painted a pale blue, which is a Southern tradition. In olden days the blue was supposed to help ward off "haints," ghosts, evil spirits, etc., but now people use blue to give the illusion of coolness. DH came home from Lowe's the other day and had already picked out the paint, a really lovely very very pale blue with a speck of gray in it. We'll also use it on the ceiling of the front porch.

Everyone else, hope things are going well with you.

Our front door unit was supposed to be replaced today but the contractor called and there was illness so they'll come tomorrow. Not only are they replacing the whole unit, but the floor underneath has damage/possible rot and that will be repaired. Then they'll start replacing our damaged Masonite siding at the end of the house with Tyvek house wrap then Hardie board. The guy who did our roof is doing it and we like dealing with him plus it's affordable and he has the equipment and the manpower. DH was thinking about replacing the siding himself but the weight of it, plus the height of the house, was just beyond his capabilities, and he realized it.

For Wednesday:

1) Go to best friend's house and make sure everything is okay while they're gone
    2) More laundry
    3) Go through grocery ads in newspaper and gather needed coupons
    4) Sweep stairs and upper hall
    5) Bible study homework