2016 To Do Challenge - Page 150
Page 150 of 351 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, Chili M & Ms?

That is just wrong on so many levels...

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ilovechocolate View Post
    fw, Chili M & Ms?

That is just wrong on so many levels...
    Agreed! It should be a crime to mess up an m&m like that! I am one that does not like change so for me the original and peanut are the way to go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, that is cute that Hunty followed your mom around, Bomba does that to my mom too. Last time when I was there with him he was off in the back of the house with her and all of a sudden he ran to me and sat looking at me like he wanted something. My mom called him and he ran off but then right back to me and sat in front of me again. I didn't know what he was doing until my mom came in the room and said she kept asking him if he wanted a treat. I had to laugh because I figured it out. Since I am the only one who gives him treats (the dogs only get treats when we leave the house) he thought I was going to be giving him the treat every time my mom asked. LOL
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit......I was very worried the first few days about the litterbox using. I had borrowed a corner one from the cat rescue because it is pretty low. It was not quite big enough for him. I had bought the lowest but widest one I could find around here for little Squeek after surgery because of having the cone on. She was doing fine with my regular litter boxes so I gave Ike the new one. He can get in and out of it pretty well! The first few days he would come out of the box with pee all over his back leg and I would have to clean him up. I realized it was because I had out very little litter in thinking it would be easier but he would hold his pee so long then the litter was not enough to absorb it fast and he would kind of sit in the pee. Now that he is not drugged and more steady on that back leg he is able to hold himself up higher and I have more litter in to absorb the pee fast it is working well. I was just going to try covered litter boxes again but had not found the size and color I liked. So glad I had not invested in those! My litter boxes are the high sided on 3 sides. I think I will just go back to the low ones now. If I had all the money I have spent trying different litter boxes, litter and stuff to not make them smell I could go on vacation!

So Sunday I was pretty upset cause I found a new lump on squeeks chin. Monday night the vet called and said she had half good news. The needle biopsy of chin and ear showed infection but no cancer. Still waiting to hear what the mass she removed from chin is though. The needle biopsy was pulled out of the chin mass so I am really hoping that is a good indication of what the mass is. She was still wanting to wait until final results on mass came in before we do antibiotics or anything. I could not sleep all night and called back first thing Tuesday and questioned her again about starting antibiotics since it did show infection and I had found the new spot. She said that was fine so Squeek had had 3 doses of clavamox and I can tell the new spot is smaller!! I have to leave her cone on or she just digs at it and had the new spot kind of raw. Been putting triple antibiotic cream on it too and it is feeling and looking better! Yay!

I know it is not the vets fault the lab is taking so long but holy cow! What if it was some horrible infection she could have been dead in the 2 weeks we have been waiting! The vet is surprised to it is taking this long. She said they are backed up at the lab. Irritates me though!

So clearing everything out of spare room today to make safe for Ike to start moving around.

P.S. I know Ike is kind of a silly name for a cat. I had trapped him and his brother when small. My husbands best friend,Mike, told me about them at the school he works at. The Siamese kitten was his favorite so I named the Siamese Mike.......then named my boy Ike to go with! They got adopted but sent back after a week. My mother had lost 1 of her cats so took Mike and my husband ended up giving me Ike for Christmas. Even though I had agreed to no more kitties he knew how bad I wanted him! Plus with FIV and being tux he was not easy to adopt out. My mom renamed Mike to Murphy. I asked my husband if we should rename Ike. He said " No! We can't change his name!" He knew his name by then and it fits him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, a lot of people make litter boxes to their own satisfaction by cutting openings in the side of a plastic tote. That way it could be whatever size or height your cat needs and still have high sides for all but the opening.

You could also put a scrap piece of lumber or build a box to go in front of the litter box. It's higher on the inside due to the litter, and you could have steps on the outside to make it the same height if you wanted. A piece of 2x dimension lumber would make a step 1.5" high and you could just pick the width you wanted for him, 2x6, 2x8, etc. Or stack a 2x6 on top of a 2x12 if he needs two steps. Screw them together so the top one doesn't slip, of course.

Good 1/2 news about Squeek! I hope the rest of the news is just as good.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer......when I had Boots until last fall I had to make my own out of totes. And searched hi and low for the tallest tote. Boots was really tall.....biggest ( not fat) cat most people had ever seen! And as he got older and UTI problems he decided to stand up to pee sometimes. I am happy not to have those huge boxes anymore!

What a wonderful idea to build a step though for the boxes I have! I will add that to hubbys to do list of modifying things for my boy!

Spirit Deer........I think you should have a newspaper column for DIY/modifying........it could be called " Ask Spirit Deer" I think it would be a hit!

Pine tree.....I wanted to ask......do you have steps up to your bed and sofa? ( if you kittie sleeps there, mine does!) I just want to make things a little easier for him. We can not risk injuring another leg!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmm......if the front of my high sided litterboxes are to high I could cut down the front some and sand it smooth like I did with the totes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, yes, steps and ramps.

Having internet problems, they have to come back out tomorrow, to fix, I can read but posting seems to throw me off line.

Back tomorrow, Hugs
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all! We're back from Acadia National Park. We had a nice time but I'm glad to be back. DH enjoyed his birthday very much. I came back with a cold though. The temps here have been all over the place. Friday and Saturday it was in the high 60's. Sunday and Monday in the 40's. Go figure! Now yesterday the pool guys came to open the pool and it was snowing. It was kind of funny to see them out there in the blinding snowstorm putting ladders in the pool and getting the pumps running. LOL. Only in Maine!

I did a quick read through and glad to hear the kitties are feeling better and healing well. Duchess was very glad to see us come home. She was only alone overnight but she made sure to demand some extra treats when we came home to let us know we should appreciate her willingness to stay behind. LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - i think they should stick with plain and peanut m&m's. I tried some of the new ones and really bad i thought.

SD - that greenhouse is nice looking. sure bigger than i thought. i always thought it would be fun to have one too so i will follow along with yours.

i thought i was caught up on this thread but i see things are moving right along as usual. this week has been different. i have been at the hospital everyday so far this week. driving my sister for tests and had a day off today and had to drive my husband. will be back there tomorrow too. i am happy to do it but it is tiring. friday i am looking forward to a fun day with husband. going to drop off our thrift and look around. i think we will eat out if i can think of where i want to go.

i havent done much around here this week so will try to catch up this weekend. i have missed 2 weeks of TOPS and want to get back. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Happy hugs to everyone to feel well and enjoy the days. Can you believe it's almost May!

I have no to-dos until I come home friday and then i will make myself a weekend list and just dig in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We took the new post puller out and Husby easily removed the post we've been trying for years to get out of the front garden. Amazing! Husby said it's already worth the $30 we paid for it because of the frustration of not being able to get that post out for all these years. I wouldn't go that far but I think it'll be a good purchase. It's nice to have that stupid post out of the way. Then we raked the garden beds out there and sort of got them ready. Still have to work in some of the manure we bought. I raked the mulch off the rhubarb we planted last fall. I've been wondering all winter if it would survive. We went to buy a rhubarb plant last fall and there were only three left, none of them looking very healthy. We selected the best of the three (which isn't saying much) and when we took it up to pay for it, the clerk told us just to take it for free because it looked so bad. But when I raked the mulch off, there it was, looking very healthy! I'm excited now to see what it does this summer.

Husby's been doing the happy dance all evening because he skated through the month without having to go in for jury duty at all. The last time, he had to go in twice. Once the defendant committed suicide while the jury was sitting in the courtroom waiting for him to show up, and then during the second trial the defendant got on the stand and proceeded to admit he'd done what he was accused of, but then started to explain why he did it thinking the judge would just let him off. Nothing for the jury to do after he confessed in open court, so the judge dismissed them. But Husby is happy not to have to make the fifty-mile drive and take another person's life in his hands being on a jury. I'm just happy he's not putting miles on our car for someone else and driving on bad roads for someone else, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

on the M&M front it was for Dh to have something fun and new to try. The big $5. bag was 1/2 price. The chili was too hot and the coffee tasted like chewing on coffee grounds w/ giving me a stomach ache. The last one is honey nut which sounds too sweet let ya know.

Got some more stuff for the party for Mackey-he gets it and he is bugging me=too funny.
    Got a migraine BBT.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    on the M&M front it was for Dh to have something fun and new to try. The big $5. bag was 1/2 price. The chili was too hot and the coffee tasted like chewing on coffee grounds w/ giving me a stomach ache. The last one is honey nut which sounds too sweet let ya know.

Got some more stuff for the party for Mackey-he gets it and he is bugging me=too funny.
    Got a migraine BBT.
    I kind of did that with my nieces on the new Oreos favors.......gag! Original Oreos only for me! Trying the new flavors is some cheap fun though......and sometimes give you fun memories!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have not even heard of or seen the new m&m flavors though! Weird!

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So I got the nieces room all cleared of excess junk, moved the cage to a corner and pulled the trundle out from under the twin bed to make a step for Ike. He hoped up on to first level, then to bed, back down to lower trundle then back up again. Happy, happy boy!