2016 To Do Challenge - Page 159
Page 159 of 351 FirstFirst ... 59109149156157158159160161162169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SO, your new kitty sounds like she fits rigth in!
    Wtg on your updating, my house is over 100 yrs old and could use a good overhaul!

Gbug, Thanks it must be parsnips, I love turnips, raw, but dont like them cooked.

TDN, Such good news on your baby Squeeks!! I am so happy for you! I bet you are feeling alot better, even tho it took them forever to get back to you! Hows the leg doing is Ike back to doing his normal things? Isnt it amazing how fast they can recover? hugs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, Enjoy your sweet sunshine and wonderful memories of your DMom! THinking about you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, great news about Squeek!!! And Ike is doing well, so now you have to concentrate on getting YOU to get better.

StartingOver, Salem sounds like a pretty boy.
    Have fun with all the updates, even though it's a pretty daunting task. There's just so much to choose from. But it'll still be fun. Start off by just going places and looking at things and gathering brochures and catalogs; also research stuff online and look at magazines. And set a budget and add at least 15 or 20% to it to account for "extra" things that happen. Choose colors that YOU enjoy, not necessarily the trendy ones, since you're going to be looking at the finished product for a while. You mentioned floors; what else? Countertops? Cabinets? Appliances? Bathrooms?

RABBIT, most days I'm off to a slow start too....

Bernice, keep us posted about your appointment results. Sorry about your mom and the papers. It really puts you in a tough position, I know.

Tine, enjoy your dinner!

Gbug, a no-cooking night---great! At for a good cause, a real win-win situation.

fw, so so so sorry about the basement. I'm impressed with your DD. Maybe she's growing up. Yes, forget the rent for a month.

pinetree, those poor fruit trees. I sure hope the snow is gone for a while so everything has a chance to heal/grow.
    We had some heavy rain Monday night and gentle rain yesterday and no rain forecast for the next week or so. We're having a cold front come through and today is cool and very dry, tonight will be around 49 or 50, and tomorrow may not even hit 70, but by the weekend we'll be highs of 90 and lows in the high 60s. Thank goodness the AC got fixed when it did, even though for the next day or so we won't be needing it. This will be the last cool-ish weather we'll have till probably mid-October so we have doors and windows open to get fresh air in.

earlybird, Niko, om, and everyone else, hope things are well with you.

For Wednesday:

1) Hair color and cut DONE
    2) Change litter boxes---didn't do yesterday
    3) Work with DS on getting his bathroom in good shape
    4) Go through grocery ads and coordinate coupons
    5) Work on Bible study homework
    6) Do some baking while the weather is cool

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc, enjoy your cool weather, wish I could send you some of ours.

TDN, sorry! I meant Squeeks in my earlier post, why did I think her name was Phoebe? Who has a Phoebe?? I must be losing it.

fw, oh my gosh, the basement sounds worse than I thought. This was supposed to be your time to relax, that's not working out is it? That was nice of your Dd to help you with all that clean up. Good thing you live near a State Park and can use their showers. Hope your day is better tomorrow. It HAS to be, right?!

pinetree, I think I would cry if I lost 30 trees. Hope you can save the peach trees.

SO, I know what you mean about not really wanting any more animals. I have dreams where I have suddenly got 3-5 more animals and I wake up as scared as if I had a nightmare!

Bernice, at least now you know that next time your mom's room is cleaned out, throw it out. Preferably in another location. Sorry, that must be frustrating.

Still plugging away here, getting things done very slowly today.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine - that contest sounds good. i will look it up online. its fun to have something to follow along with. we have shows sorta like that here but i dont find them that interesting. thanks for explaining. we eat out way tooooooo much but i am trying to curb that in may.

SO - i love the name Salem for a cat. Your house updating sounds like fun. I am not good at color selection but luckily have people i can ask for help.

TDN - hip hip hooray for little squeeks. that is good news but boo hoo for the back injury. Glad the chiro could start working on you soon. About twice a year mine goes out and i am in a heap on the floor. thank God for chiros. Get better soon.

fw - i am sorry about your basement. you sure didnt need that on top of your other worries. at least your dd was there to assist.

well when it rains on this thread, it pours. all the testing my sister has had the last week turned out to be cancer. doc is saying very treatable and will lay out the plan tomorrow. i am positive all will be well and i will do all i can for her. ironically tomorrow when the doc gives us the results is the anniversary of our losing our younger sister to a car accident 42 years ago. Maybe she can send down a good prognosis. I like to mention her on the anniversary just so she is still in our world. so this week has been a challenge but we will just deal with it.

Everyone be safe and enjoy a laugh tonight.

My to-dos have gone to the wayside. I just do what I see that needs done. once we settle into the treatment routine i can catch up.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rabbit......you have quite a good memory actually.....Phoebe is my other cat!

Earlybird......so sorry your sister has cancer but good news it is treatable! Wow that must have been hard to lose your other sister in a car accident.....she must have been quite young too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

EB-so sorry about the diagnosis but the Dr. sounds encouraging. Prayers sent up.
    TDN-great news about kitties!!

Obviously been dealing w/ the bsmt on and off. The super rain didnt effect it-amen!
    The sump is in relatively the same place. I bleach squirted the floor and sprayed w/ lysol. The fans are still running in each area. Drying is slow because of the rain. I have firmly decided to dump a lot. DH will despise me by the time we (me) are done. Tomorrow I get rid of 1/2 the wrapping paper and 3 hampers of clothes. Tonight I hauled workroom garbage up and wet boxes. Its all on the front porch because of the rain so tomorrow is supposed to be better and I can bin it.

DH got his new plan but its the same company and I cant seem to switch to the new acct. He has no level of communication skills IMHO. He just sends me an e-mail. I think the reality is he doesnt get how to set it up either. I'm going to sleep on it because it doesnt have to be chosen until June 30th and I already set up for May w/ the COBRA.

Tomorrow i have a dental cleaning.About 50% chance I will sleep thru the alarm.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. The vet comes today for Rebel's surgery. Had to put him in a pen outside because he was pestering me for food. Can't fee him until later. Fed Ranger and he is sleeping beside me. Going to needlepoint today and fix a new appetizer to take to the Twilight Tunes tonight. Tonight it is Latino music in celebration of Cinco de Mayo. It should be fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't believe what's happening in Alberta. That fire footage is one of the most terrifying things I've seen on TV in ages. The worst is that people trying to evacuate can't buy gas to get out. It's so horrible.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

to do
    dental appt. this morning
    clear more bsmt
    dw unload
    etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, even though the wet basement isn't a good situation, at least you'll get some decluttering done. Good luck with the dental appointment.

Gbug, hope Rebel's surgery goes well. And have fun at the concert.

RABBIT, I wasn't slow this morning, which means tomorrow a.m. I'll be a slug. How I managed to get up at 5:15 every morning for years and years I just don't know...

earlybird, so sorry about your sister's cancer diagnosis, but it does sound as though the doctor is optimistic. Prayers going up for you and your sis. She has a good sister (you!) to help her out.
    Condolences on the anniversary of your other sister's death. I know you miss her, no matter how long ago it was.

pinetree, the temps here and the temps there are almost the same, in fact, yesterday it was warmer there! Weird spring. It really feels like early fall here, with bright blue sky and lots of wind.
    How are the kids doing? And what have they found out about the car?

TDN, SD, Bernice, everybody, have a good day.

I went to bed after midnight last night and woke up around 7 this a.m. and couldn't sleep so I got up and did errands. It's so cool outside that it's invigorating and easy to be active. After lunch the repair guys are supposed to arrive to repair/replace a lot of siding on the end of the house. We anticipate a good bit of damage so this morning DH and I discussed how the estimate we've been given will probably be revised due to the extra expense there'll probably be. Last night DH put up the stained-glass-looking window film on our new sidelights on the front door and it looks great, plus yesterday he finished the 3rd coat of red on the door so all that's needed now is touching up some spots where the surrounding areas got nicked during installation.

For Thursday:

1) Errands---vet to get flea meds, Dollar Tree DONE
    2) Get turkey breast out of freezer
    3) Do laundry
    4) Do some baking while it's cool
    5) Deal with 5 lbs of ground beef in the fridge

Happy Cinco de Mayo, y'all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I can't believe what's happening in Alberta. That fire footage is one of the most terrifying things I've seen on TV in ages. The worst is that people trying to evacuate can't buy gas to get out. It's so horrible.
    It is horrible. I'm sitting here thinking I should make a list of stuff I would grab if we were forced in that situation. One doesn't think rationally under so much stress. At least if I had a list, it would help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The news reports I've seen said people had no time to grab anything, they had to go RIGHT NOW. It's another incentive to have our go bags ready to grab, and to decrease our pet population to something manageable in an emergency like that, which has happened in our town in the past few years though not to us.

When they said on the news people were running out of gas as they tried to evacuate and there was no more gas at the stations, I reminded Husby about why I nag so much about keeping at least a half tank of gas in our cars at all times. A half tank in either of them would get us at least 150 miles from home. We've been told repeatedly by officials here that it's not if we have a massive fire, it's when, thanks to the 25,000,000 trees downed in a storm in 1999, that are just dry tinder laying out in the woods now, waiting for a spark. Scary.

I hope the firefighters are able to get those Alberta fires under control soon. I heard there were already 1,800 homes and businesses burned, and that was last night. We're getting haze and smoke from those fires here, a reminder of how bad things are.

I just got some more work done on my WW vacation food plans, so that's something. Mostly I packed and labeled candy and some other bad snacks so I don't have to calculate points when I want to eat something. That should help. I want to keep my stuff separate from the rest of our food. Less temptation to grab and eat that way. Everything I do like that helps me feel more in control of my food. Hope it works. I'm tired of gaining five pounds on every dang vacation, even if it's mostly sodium.

I found out WM's butterscotch hard candy is only 1 point per piece. Love that stuff! And one piece lasts quite a while as long as I can resist chewing. One-fourth of a Pop Tart is 2 points, so I get to have that. We don't eat those at home, so it'll be a treat. Half of a fiber bar is 3 points, verging on not being worth it. I'll probably eat up what I have in the freezer (not all on one trip) and then not buy any more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EB, sending up a prayer, you are so kind to help her out, alot of people are too busy. I'm so sorry to hear about you lsoing your other sister, but glad you have lovely memories.

Gbug, let us know how he does with the surgery, sent up alittle prayer for him too. Have a good time at your twlight tunes!

RABBIT, no its me thats losing it! I cant remember, or get everything all confused, its frustrating! Did you enjoy your day off?

FW, you poor thing, its just one thing after the other, just when I think you are getting a break, something else cuts loose! hugs. Good Luck at the dentist.

SD, yes those scenes from Alberta are scarey, hope they get it out soon.

ILC, Glad to hear you are enjoying your retirement! LOL, sleeping in is so nice!! Sounds like you are really getting your house fixed up WTG!!

Bernice , how did the Dr. go? Hope you got a good report!

HI, Tine, SO, and ones I can't remember!

Slept in again today, pooped myself out, had to come in, was actually getting too hot outside. Need to get out and get the limbs all cut up and cleaned up, we are suppose to get severe weather fri-sun, trying to find out if we are in the tornado warning part, this stuff is a month early, severe usually starts the first week of June..
    None of my garden is coming up, so need to replant the entire thing, not even one snow pea is up, have a couple beets from last year pop up, think I will use those for seed,
    Going to try and hit a sale fri, they have 6 plants for a $1.00.
    One good thing is we have a bunch of little cherry trees popping up from the roots, so we are going to let them grow in, to replace the big dead ones, it will take years, but its better than having to buy all new trees. next is my plums, this one is going to be really sad, they are all around the fence all the way around the yard, looks like I lost all of them in the back Holding my breath tho, the apple started blooming more this week, on a big branch that we thought was dead. Maybe some of them are just slow.

today
    clean up and stack tree wood. ugh..

Have a good one

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Beautiful sunny day and DD is out w/ her flavored coffee using her new spinning wheel to make fleecey fuzz into wool yarn. Insert lots of terms I cant retain w/ everything going on. I told her she needs a 100 yr old house w/ a wrap around porch.
    So the dentist went poorly and i have 2 cavities. 1 on each side of the lower. Need to up my technique i guess. I never used to get cavities for years and years before these meds.

The bsmt isnt so bad now but now being able to flush-not a fan. He gets home tomorrow. Such is life and off you ride.

I was so good. Garage sales everywhere. I stopped at one neighbors and got nothing except exchanging news about our boys.