2016 To Do Challenge - Page 186
Page 186 of 351 FirstFirst ... 86136176183184185186187188189196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - great vacation pics. i was hoping you would show the necklace. very pretty. sounds like you are fine tuning the camper to work better for you. it did look like the dog was sitting. where are you going next?

TIne - glad the neck is better. It will probably take a while. So glas you mil is in
    charge now and can move forward.

hikr00 - glad surgery went well and will continue to send up prayers that all goes well in the coming days. hope your husband can talk to him and feel relief also. happy bday to your daughter.

fw - omg hope the dogs have made up. sorry your ailing, maybe the gallbladder will have to go. sounds like your still tossing stuff. dont work too hard and get some rest. i try to never go into grocery store with a list of at least 5 things. i have gone in for 1 thing, come out with 12 things, gotten home and didnt get the 1 thing i needed.

gbug - happy bday to your dear mom. 94 - God love her. Have a great party.

pinetree - Hopefully your feeling a little better each day. let us know how the salad
    dressing turns out. i have looked up recipes but never tried any.

bernice - that is wonderful news about your eyesight. sounds like you have gotten a great doctor. glad the dog is back to normal.

RABBIT - men - after all these years i just shake my head and keep going.

A good day here. my sister came home and is doing really good. things should start getting back to normal. not so much running around. it really is true that you dont know what you can do until you have to do it. i am more capable than i thought. its a good feeling.

tomorrow is errand day but fun errands. then i think we are getting carry out dinner from our favorite German restaurant. i know food should never be a reward but after the last month it will be mine. i got alot done around here today and feel in control.

have a good evening

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

EB-congrats for your sis. prayers for continuing time.
    Just crabby and craving meat.lol Generally dont go either but it started w/ the milk. I dont really even drink it but Dh and DD are calves!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Doing laundry today and making a grocery list. Taking Dmom to Five Below to buy an outdoor rug for my SIL. Got to swing by the theatre to pick up some papers and probably make a trip to Aldi's today. Not much else going on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all, Actually smells like spring w/ the lilac and Honeysuckle blooming. Unfortunatley my eyes feel like it too w/ the dogwood fuzzies. Oh well,worth it! So pretty today and they said rain.
    Dropped DD at work and flipped a load,put a load away. I 1 that just needs to hit the hangers.

DD and I talked late about this whole room mess situation she has. She agreed to work 1 hr. Fri,Sat. and a bulk Sun. She wanted me not to bug her and I agreed to leave her alone but insisted I see bags of crap leave and be put in the trash. She isnt even donating anything-yeah. I told if she sticks to it I will give her 3 of the trash cans to fill this week and back off. But I told her if it doesnt I am removing the door and just throwing tons of random crap out. She claims she isnt a hoarder and has no emotional attachment to the stuff-we shall see. Fingers crossed not be being a fooled fool and having a resolution.

Going to haul the wrapping paper out of the bsmt and sort for give away. I decided to do it on the front porch. I think I can see better and dont have to work in the bsmt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday I got home from work made dinner and then went to my great nephews baseball game so no time for anything else. Woke up this morning feeling sick, so I am just trying to distract myself.

fw, I don't think Yogi is the problem dog. He is the one who keeps getting picked on. I am afraid you are going to have more problems and someone or somedog is going to get seriously hurt. You need to make sure they all understand that YOU are alpha, pack leader. I would put them all on a no free lunch program. NO people food (hamburgers included), NO getting on the bed with mom/dad, working for everything.

When Beastie hit a year old she started to not want to listen and get a little out of control. What I did was, whatever she wanted, to eat, to go out a door or go out the gate to the big yard, she had to work for. You want your dish of food? Sit for me. You want to go out this door? Give me a down. I also made all the dogs sit at the door before we went out as a group. If one or two didn't sit, we waited until they did it.

Also, if one of my dogs does something bad, they are removed from the "pack" for a hour or so. Also during this time I do not make eye contact, talk to them or touch them. I want them to know that I am not happy. This is the worst punishment for them since dogs are pack creatures and they so want to get back in my good graces. I have never had a fight but for that, the dog who started it would be banned for a day. You might want to consider getting some advice from a behaviourist. (sp)

If Yogi neck looks infected, you probably will want to have that looked at sooner than later or it could end up costing more money. Not what you need right now!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took the bus downtown to buy birthday presents today. I had a gift card to a shop I never use, and products from this shop are on the wish list. First time in a week I was away from the house and not on my way to a doctor. Bought groceries too.

I folded laundry and filled the dishwasher yesterday.

We need a new patio door and have a carpenter coming today. It was leaking water when it rains, and we've sealed it with duct tape.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-Mackey gets time outs which he hates,and I do feed people food but we are cutting back because it causes trouble. Some fo the issues are just stemming from me saying no you cant sleep in the room,Mackey has started guarding the groc. bags as I bring them in. He is trying to please me but its not coming out in a way I like. The biggest thing right now is I am trying to do DH's jobs and my jobs which cuts the time I have w/ any of them. Yogi is his own worst enemy. He growls me and Mackey doesnt like him doing that and Hunter also gets mad. Mikey is a happy idiot and loves everyone. We are working on things but there is just too much going o as usual. The vet knows his neck is infected that why its shaved and why he's on 2 diff drugs. BUt I will check it too if i can.

Played toss 30 items in the MIL apt. Going to try and dump 3 bags of stuff out of there. Did another load of laundry. Have the sweaters from the van next. Got rid of the last of the unclaimed laundry. Need to dump old towels and clutter from the laundry sink. Looking to dump/donate some of the laundry hampers. Clutter we are so good at clutter.

SO Ds has a new GF. And DD said she seems like a uniform chaser. I was mad at her but now I think she may be right. I saw she was in Hawaii this winter and now Ds was w/ her in Colorado. I hope she isnt toying w/ my kid. He looks so happy in the photos. Yes I know its his business but.. Hard to watch. And yes my mouth is shut.
    Need to eat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, your DS is a smart guy, he'll figure it out soon enough if that is what she is. I love trainers because they point out all the things you are doing wrong, I did plenty with Beastie and was always getting called out in class. (she only did it because I didn't mind and can laugh at myself) I get the lack of time issue, when DH got this job 6 years ago I used to call myself a single, married woman. I worked more hours, had 4 dogs, 2 cats a few rabbits and 3.5 acres to care for, including the house and cooking. I had no time for anything!

SD, thanks for posting the pictures. The necklace is so pretty. I did think Sota was on the picnic table and didn't give a second thought since the only reason I drag the picnic table around to cut under it is so the dogs can stand and sleep on it. We never use it! I call it there playscape.

Well I am feeling better, now if I could just get my shoulder to feel better. Been doing the scattered cleaning today. (thank you to however coined that phrase, I love it) I still want to shred a bunch of block cheese that I got for .90 and throw that in the freezer. That's going to be it for me today I think.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EB, the recipe turned out good, but had to add more garlic and onion powder, will cut back alittle on vinegar too, I'll try to get it for you.
    Am so glad to hear your sister is doing so well! German food, oh gosh do I love it, theres no where to even get it around here anymore, I miss it, but the family doesnt care for it, Have a big bite for me.

FW, Why dont you get your gall bladder out, its nothing anymore, its day surgery, when I had mine out I had to stay in the hospital for a week, and a huge scar too!
    I don't have good store, and never heard of a Adlis or Meijers until here on FV. We have King Soopers, Safeway, which is now owned my Alberstons, and thats pretty much it. Well here and there is a mom and pop shop, but lost alot of those when walmart came in.
    Good Luck sorting out your paper!

Hikr, Hope you had a fun Birthday party, and Ben is doing well.

Gbug, Just enjoy the time you have with your DMom, sounds like you are having a nice time, How was the party?

Tine, So happy you are feeling better and got out!

RABBIT, Sure hope your shoulder heals up soon, at least youre feeling better, from this morning.

ILC, Hope you are out shopping and finding all kinds of deals.

Hi to everyone I missed

Woke up and barely made it out of bed, then a light bulb lite up, wonder if my bed is too soft, um......

Today
    put some water in the bed
    grocery list
    vacuum up spiders in cabinet, nope these are not going back outside.
    clean out fridge

have a nice day.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EB, here you go hope it works, I'm trying the vinegarette, sp, ones too.

Homemade Italian Dressing. - Sallys Baking Addiction
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - a ? what is unclaimed laundry? just curious

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-money,fear,diabetes...
    Rabbit-he hasnt had a ton of experience. Dont want to see his CC statement. But I do want to make sure my names off. We got it in college orientation for emergencies. I want to be so wrong. I'm well aware that this is the part of motherhood where I sit back and wince.
    DH just yelled at me because Yogi got away from him and walked in his pool. WHY wasnt that drained. IDK dude just laziness on my part I guess. The dinner I made and the lunch,5 loads of laundry,1/2 a lawn mowed,bills paid,DD driven to work might have distracted me today. That man is a cartoon. I told him he could drain it. So there he stands in his fiber cast flipping water out w/ a metal dog bowl...CARTOOOON. We are both stressed but I am not going to take crap when I am running my behind off (wish that were actually happening right.) trying to do both persons jobs.
    Rabbit-he traveled so much i used to say single mom w/ combat pay. Thats the issue though. I wasnt sick then and had awesome energy. Now-not so much.

Very hot out but supposed to rain later tonight. I mowed not quite 1/3 the front lawn but the old mower isnt the Honda. It's leaving clumps. I'll get back at it when the sun moves a bit. This is one heckofa weight loss camp.lol not funny.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The workers are finished! They were here for a brief time first thing this a.m. and by the time I came downstairs they had finished and left. DH and I are thrilled with how it looks and also that it's done. DH has gone to return the tubes of caulk he got for them but weren't needed. All that's left is the contractor to come by and get the final payment.

pinetree, can you post the recipe? As somebody once said, a woman can never be too rich, too thin, or have too many chicken recipes.
    I wish you'd call the doctor about your pain! Muscle spasms are awful!
    I saw where there's flooding in your general area. What's the latest with it?
    We're dry and very warm with fairly low humidity. We're still able to make it through each day/night without AC but that will end sometime this week. We currently have a $206 credit with the power company but it'll be used up possibly by this time next month. Ah, summer in the South.

SD, thanks for the pics! That mama donkey looks like she's smiling--so pretty and sweet.
    I got C. J. Box's The Highway at the library yesterday and finished it late last night. Man, it was scary. But good.

Gbug, how was the party?
    Even in our worst financial times we've been able to help others even if it was just a few canned goods here and there. Yes, we are blessed and provided for.

Tine, good for you with going shopping and not having a doctor's appointment.

earlybird, that's wonderful about your sister coming home! That's a load off your mind.

fw, good that you had the talk with your DD. I can imagine her protests and comments since I know how MY DD would react. My DD has so much packed in her closet and room that she has no idea what she has. I've taken stuff (makeup, clothes) from her to use and she never knew but if she did know she wouldn't care because she would use it as an excuse to get new stuff. Whereas DS is very cautious with money and was asking to earn extra money when he was 5 years old. Hard to believe they both came from the same parents.
    That is worrisome about DS but if you say anything it'll probably be interpreted as meddling.

RABBIT, I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. I wish DH would take some training with our dogs but he thinks he's a Dog Expert. He loves them dearly but he doesn't take into account that Jaxx has some aggressive tendencies and that Sadie is a totally submissive girl when he plays with them.

Bernice, StartingOver, hikr, Niko, and anyone I missed, hope things are going well.

For Wednesday:

1) Go through grocery ads DONE
    2) Vacuum/sweep/mop
    3) Clean up kitchen
    4) Finish up laundry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I almost snorted iced tea out of my nose when I read your description of your DH bailing out the water with a dog bowl....LOL

I hope you're feeling better---vent here whenever you need to---we all love you and we've all been there, or somewhere close to there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

EB-lol When you ask about something and someone (everyone around here) says IDK,not me,not mine right. WELL there were 4 tubs of clothes I thought were DD's or DS left behind. It sat there awhile. OUr bsmt is just a utility bsmt not fixed up. So I ask everyone left living here and everyone says nope. SO I say just so you know I'm tossing it. Nope,dont care. So 4 bags gone. Issue solved. Unclaimed not thrown out. Mama aint playin'no more. NOt worth donating.

dangit DD needs a ride home