2016 To Do Challenge - Page 193
Page 193 of 351 FirstFirst ... 93143183190191192193194195196203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - i have never had anything but corelle. never had any break either. they are so much lighter than any other dishware. i have hand troubles so its hard to pick up heavier dishes. Kmart has sets and single too i think. If you have any corning outlet stores they have tons of sets and pieces. Melamac brings back good memories too. I always wanted to get a set but didnt know about no microwaving. I didnt think about the weather and the greenhouse, just cant wait to see plants inside.

my husband loves horseradish sauce so i am going to try your recipe. all i need is the horseradish, have all other ingredients. thanks for sharing recipe.

fw - sounds like clutter is going out of the house and that is good. any progress is forward progress.

Tine - hoping to hear your neck was better. take care

hikr00 - sounds like you have a good day lined up. except for blowing up fish.
    hope you find the pump. haha

everyone around us mowing today so its noise central. i am doing some laundry and picking up. windows open now but a/c will go on soon. tomorrow is june 1st so i am going to make me a priority for the next 2 months. made my doc and eye appts this morning and will start better eating and restarting the daily exercise. i feel bogged down and sluggish and i dont like it.

here is to a great 2nd half of 2016

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Put up 2 quarts of turnips and have 3 bags of greens to give away. I'm sure I will find a taker. Making a lemon poppy seed bundt cake for dessert tonight. Also making stuffed peppers at Dmom's request. More rain on the way. At least I don't have to water the garden.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My mom has had Corelle since the mid-eighties with no problems. I have a partial set in the house we like a lot. I don't like how hot it gets in the microwave, but I like that it can be used in the micro.

I won't buy new Corelle at a retail store, so that's out. I'm way too cheap for that! We only use the camper a few days a year, or a few cumulative weeks if we're lucky, so I try not to buy anything too expensive. I'm sure I'll come across a set cheap at a sale sometime, especially since I'm not going to be very picky about the pattern, although I hope it all matches. Right now I'm still trying to figure out what the heck I was thinking when I thought we needed service for eight in the camper. Our camping style, which is always evolving, has changed since it was put there though. We used to avoid disposables every chance we got, but now since we do so many overnight trips and so many trips where we're in the truck all day sightseeing, we use a lot more disposables to minimize cleanup. And we used to do rallies and often had friends come over to eat at our camper, so needed more dishes for guests. And we didn't used to have a DSI water heater and the WH in our last Palomino was a total pain to light, so we rarely used it. We didn't wash dishes very often, even with the electric coffee urn we used to use. At any rate, I've decided service for four should now be more than adequate. That'll clear out a ton of space in the camper cabinets. Corelle will make even more space because it's so thin. It'll be fun to look for and find just the right deal. And the right dishes!

Got some more done on another knitted gown. I really should be doing something else but just can't get too excited about that idea.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

iLC-so sorry about the vertigo. I hate being dizzy. He just upped my meds that slow my heart so I may be w/ ya soon.

GB-the hardest part is either the energy to pull it out of the house or that the garbage space is limited. They will only tolerate so many bins of stuff. DD is dumping I am dumping. The flood and all the stuff DH just dumped. Our house is still bulging though. No shortage of "things". And of course they expand as you clean. And now that Dh had to keep the trouble twin kittens and their klutz other brother named George things get knocked down and batted around,swung on and just ransacked in general. Zachary king of cuteness and ttrashing things got stuck in the blinds and swung to knock down several things. MY FAULT. I was proud I had cleared a lot of my office desk.Oh well. Eventually, If I keep dumpimg and not bringing it will show. Right?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Why not bring in a Dumpster? That might help speed things up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well at this point I dont have that much. DD could prob. fill one but I would have it forever. I dont have any furniture to toss. I have a few pieces I would like to get out and donate but they are not accessible and Dh cant put weight on his ankle to carry an oak desk. Oak entertainment unit,a oak laminated entertainment unit.
    I have lots of china/corningware/glassware I need to go dumpster for paper and wrap. And as usual its an evolution like you guys went through. One part leads to another. I need to sort the Christmas/wrap. But i am scatter pulling and its psychologically better for me not to tear up everything at once. Right now is the Family rm. and the MIL. 2 areas we tend to put stuff we dont want to deal w/. A concept I am trying to end. I stopped bringing in awhile back so now to deal w/ my reality bit by bit. Still not tv show worthy but definately not clutter free either.
    I have thought about one. Believe me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone!!

ILC, aw, you and theat vertigo! HAve you tried the exercise? My Dr. gave it to me, lay on your bed with both feet on the floor, open you eyes and turn your head the way the vertigo is worse, keep your eyes open, go back to center, do like 6 times. I cant do it, for one I cant even get my toes to touch laying on my bed, and I really get sick if I open my eyes!! I'm so sorry you have htat again, I have really been lucky!!

Tine, Good to hear you are kinda dooing better, dont do to much or youwill makae it worse!

SD, LOL, Greybull, that brought back so many memories for me!! People up there are very friendly soles. We had them down here a few yrs. ago helping us with the mountain fires. The street I lived on was Greybull Ave. lol, aw.. that was 100 yrs. ago. Thanks I needed the old days to think about!
    Thanks fro posting that horseradish recipe too, The neighbor keeps trying to get me to plant or take some of theirs, and I keep saying no. I remember My Grandma making that and almost dying!!

FW. OH man, I am SO sorry.

GBug, I will take the greens!! Now how do I cook them?? lol. WTG! Your garden is really doing well!! Your cake sounds wonderful too!

Hikr, the pool reminds me of the old song, " and they swam and they swam all over the dam, poop poop, ditty ditty , watam chew, and they swan and swan all over the dam.. that's all I can remember! Anyway have fun blowing up those floaties!! You need to buy a bike pump!

WJ, YEA!! keep on going! You have gone long enough, you dont need to smoke anymore!! Have fun with the Grandkids!

Mofb. Hope your foot feels better soon.

1bh, good to see you back!

Bernice, God Luck with the shoes, how are you doing?

RABBIT, OH RABBIT!! You must have closed your window!! CAN YOU hear me? Are you ok? Just checking on ya!!

I have never had corelle explode! I have the plain white from the 70's the coffee cups have the open hook handle, man they are really old! The new ones have real handles on them! Then I have a peach pattern, has a peach flower and peach border. My Dad was changing me over to the peach, so I only got one set. I bought another set of the white, I love it, it goes with everything and doesnt stain. Amazon has really good sales on it every once in awhile. I find sets on craigs list once in awhile.

Well spent the whole weekend trying to get caught up around here, lol, we got the new ceiling fan up. got 3 of the garden plots tillled up, planted the tomatoes, peppers, onions, leek, planted some of my flower pots, and thats about it, we would just get started and have to come in for rain, or lightening, then back out and back in, all flipping weekend!! We did get the big jobs caught up on the business, but outside still has to be done, and its suppose to do it again today... At least the hail and tornado's went around or moved on real quick. They hit again out by the border. We aren't going to have any veggies if I dont get the seeds planted.
    I had a friend yrs ago where I worked, she gave me a bunch of recipies, which I still love, well she passed away about 6 yrs ago, I havent seen her for well since 1984. Her son and his wife came by yesterday, she is my DIL's mailman at their business, I havent seen her for yrs either, anyway I gave her son the recipies she had given me, and oh gosh did that mean alot to him. anyway she gave us a flat of cauiflower and peppers, and said she would plant the tomatoes at her house and just bring them out when they are ready! If I save her egg cartons she will bring me in eggs, she just got 24 chicks, In return shes getting plum trees that have grown where I dont want and some of my poppy seeds. they are amazing this year. Doesnt sound quite fair does it? She might also get my rose garden, still thinking about getting rid of it.

Today
    buy camper plates
    bank deposit
    plant more
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I paid off a doctor bill today. It was small, but I did it. Feels good. Got a free science book in the mail for my eldest grandson today. Seeing small progress.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pintree-thanks I am adjusting. Life is easier but it seems a failure on our part too.
    Its boop,boop not poop poop lol I just luv ya!

Still grabbing and tossing. Productive but not in my traditonal way. I grabbed a tons of junk out of the brooms closet. Anyone want 100 plastic groc. bags.lol Tossed a few muzzles,organized the pet stuff in a bag and the cleaning things,tossed a vaccumn belt from a ghost vaccumn. DANG! A lot of stuff is headed for the bsmt storage section of cleaners. I looked up the next NO HAZ event. So June 11. I will head to university w/ 2 tv's and at least 15 more paint cans. Everyone else has a nice plaque that say HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS I need OH JUST JAM IT IN SOMEWHERE. Because apparently thats our philosophy. CRAP.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, here ya go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir6pmtoZthU

I want the coffee cups with the open handles so they'll stack. And so they're bowl-shaped and not tall and skinny.

Finished another knitted gown. I wove in all the ends last night so all I have to do now is add the ribbons and make the caps. I might buy some of that ribbed stockinette and use that. Those would be really quick, just cut to length, fold in half, and tie a ribbon around the top to match the ribbon in the gowns. I have yarn to match some of the gowns to knit caps, but not all of them.

Nice rainy day here. About time! It's so cold I made soup in the Crock for supper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ROTF!! LOL,, hahaha, well never said I could remember the words, boy I was way off! Still love that song tho, and will probably keep singing poop, instead of boop!! hehe...

crochet those bags into rugs, you have enough, I dont know if you could braid them somehow. hey might make a good outdoor mat?.

SD, I love how those cups stack, and use them for measuring cups, they hold exactly 1 cup. I have been looking for more, even in different colors for yrs, and cant find any. We use them more than anything.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    At any rate, I'll see what I can scare up over the summer. Corelle is getting harder to find, I've noticed.
    the corolle website has tons of patterns. I found the one I liked cheaper at Target, though.

my folks have used it for decades and no explosions even on the newer stuff
    Last edited by Bernice; 05-31-2016 at 05:56 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

found shoes in the Skechers outlet and they were having a buy 1 get another 50% off so my Dad treated me to a pair I found on clearance, fur lined with memory foam for the winter for $13! yay.

I am really struggling with stamina with the POTs. It took all I had to just do a few stores before my pulse races and I have to stop immediately or I will fall. It's been bad for almost a week, I am hoping it passes before the wedding and I get back to at least where I was. Or else I won't be dancing!

mom is off the chain still over wedding but Ddad and I were gone all day so we had some time away from each other. Everything is going to get done, she just doesn't believe it.

my Long Term Disability is jerking me around and I'm getting $175 instead of $1100. I'm assuming they are never going to come through and am learning to live on the $1880 from SSDI. That's scaring me as my bills have been higher than my pay and I've had to tap the Emergency Fund. After the wedding we have to do a house budget. My parents waste a lot of money that could be saved with very little effort. I may be paying too many household bills with my new income limits.

I want to feel better soon, even if I could just walk the dogs three houses down the street and back. They would be so happy, they miss long walks. I would be happy, too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-I like your never quit spirit. Keep at disability,clam your dmom is possible or not,enjoy this wedding hell or high water KWIM. Its so hard but try not to let everyone around you hold you emotionally hostage. And when you master it-please call w/ step by step instructions.hahahaha!

Speaking of which DD got 3 more packages today and I so want to hold them hostage for more clearing. She just is so full ofit that she did 3 trash bags. JUST 91 more! ok done now.

Crashed for a nap. I got them to take 5 cans worth and her art desk (valued item from the drug store I got when she was 10??

OMgoodness.
    too funny. I just answered the phone Central survey company can I help you. The guy apologises that it was a business number and sorry he bothered me. Gold. I struck gold. That stupid survey company has been bothering me for weeks. SO interesting.

SD-Dh says maybe we should get a dumpster.lol I told Dmom I was getting one and crawling in and closing the lid-clearer space?? I actually started thinking I could stack in the Fam. room and when there was enough call. In the meantime keep using the garbage. Hmm. I wonder what they charge??

Rented How to be single and I watched 1/2. Need to eat dinner and do more cleaning then I will finish it tonight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-check Ebay. The open end ones may not be popular??