2016 To Do Challenge - Page 194
Page 194 of 351 FirstFirst ... 94144184191192193194195196197204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I'll probably be able to get some Corelle at a garage sale for cheap. We'll be hitting the Grand Rapids sales this weekend in order to get to various neighborhoods around town, there's the Cook sale in about three weeks, and the fire hall sale in August, and then maybe the Cook sale in October. I'm making a list of things I'm looking for secondhand and it's getting bigger, so we may end up going to more sales than I want to. And if I find something at the thrifts, that would be great, too. I only need the salad plates and cups OR the small bowls, and maybe a platter. We already use the single-serving square Corningware casserole dishes in there, and have a couple larger Corningware casseroles that would well for serving dishes if needed. I have folding Tupperware for salad dishes, so that's covered.

I seem to have a knack for finding things fairly soon after I decide I need them. Part of that is being flexible instead of setting my heart on one specific thing, but part of it is just luck, and I seem to be lucky that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - i had all my plastic bags cut and put together. when i started to crochet them i realized that todays grocery bags are very cheap compared to years ago. i gave up and toss the whole lot of them. i tried though. braiding might work though

fw - at least the stuff is going out. i know it took me a couple years to be able to say i was happy with the amount of stuff i have. it wont happen fast but it will happen. one of the best things we did to start was a dumpster. a big dumpster and we worked 3-4 days and filled it full. i still remember how exciting it was to see that dumpster turn on the highway and be gone. haha and holding packages hostage is not a bad idea.

SD - good luck with your shopping list for the sales. you really do have a knack of finding what you need. it probably is because you are flexible. hope you find the corelle you need.

Bernice - i hope your mom doesnt get too stressed and is able to enjoy the wedding.

hugs to everyone - we can always use one. have a good evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Flooding everywhere and the rain keeps coming. I'm okay, but my neighbor across the street is getting water in the house. Going to put up more kale today. Doing laundry and then going to physical therapy later. This weather is making me feel terrible. I'm suppose to go to a meeting at the theatre later this afternoon, but that is about the time the rain is to start again, and I am not going to be caught in it. Roads are flooding quickly.

SD--Good luck with the sales. Looks like my kind of shopping.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-oh so sorry. Hope it wont hit your home.

DD to work then back to sleep. Stomach is off today. Was dreaming about black ant invasions!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I've finally decided I want Corelle dishes in the camper, in spite of the scary stories about it exploding. We currently have the IL's old Melmac from the sixties in the camper. I really like it because the dishes are the right size, not the giant size stuff that's all you can buy these days. I hate that! Bigger dishes mean bigger portions and bigger numbers on the dang scale. But we can't microwave the Melmac, and I think it's got stuff in it that's not good for us, too. At any rate, I'll see what I can scare up over the summer. Corelle is getting harder to find, I've noticed.
    Note about Corelle- we used it in our camper for about 15 years. This is the one we lived in year-round and traveled from Ms/AL to ME every year. They did fine. I got a few chips on plate edges, etc. After we came home, built a house and moved in, we're still using the same set of dishes with some updated pieces. I dropped a salt shaker on a plate and it exploded into thousands of pieces. Some of the pieces flew about 6 feet away. Thankfully no one got hurt by flying pieces!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Daylily, that's scary! I've seen pics of exploded plates.

FW, we know how long it can take to get a semi-hoarded house in order. But as you and EB have discovered, it feels so darn good to let that stuff go. We still have a ways to go but we're starting to see the end. The garage is next on the hit list here. We've never had to leave our cars outside because we won't stand for that, since they're two of our biggest assets, but we have so many tools and they're so disorganized we're not even sure what we have anymore. I'm really looking forward to getting all that sorted, purged, and organized. Then maybe Husby will quit using the truck as a giant rolling toolbox.

GB, we love garage saling but are trying to avoid it so as not to drag home more clutter we have to deal with, and more projects that just add to the work load. We're doing better but not as well as year before last when we only attended a handful of small sales through the whole year. It helped we were on vacation when the local city-wide sale day was going on here in town a week and a half ago. We went to lots of sales last year because we were upgrading our own furniture and my mom moved and needed some specific things too, so we need to break the habit all over again now.

Have to make some lists for the trip today. I'm going to make an exception I've never done before and take almost no food, so we can check out Cub and see how well we like that store. We used to shop there all the time when we lived in Minneapolis, and still like the one in Duluth. Husby is all happy because Friday is Donut Day there. That alone is probably enough to make him want to move to Grand Rapids.

Still working on the little caps for the angel babies. That'll probably be my weekend project. I have about fourteen gowns made and each gown gets two caps, so even though they're quick, it'll take a little while. That's okay. I like knitting before bed at night because it's a good way to wind down from the rest of the day.

ROFL! I love our little screaming red squirrels. I just had one out defending the feeder full of sunflower seeds and whole peanuts from another squirrel. The defender was just to the left of the feeder facing the intruder, screaming and stomping his little feet. But a sneaky bluejay came from the right side and stole a peanut. Poor little squirrel was so mad! Sometimes the little guys sleep in the feeder so nobody else can get into it unnoticed.They're territorial little buggers. He's still out there screaming and running back and forth along the deck rail, letting everyone know they better not be expecting to steal his peanuts anytime soon! So funny.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's hot and humid here. I'm relaxing outside in the shadow.

Today:
    - Run dishwasher. Done.
    - Call grandma. Done.
    - Laundry. Almost done.
    - Neck exercises. Some of it done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-welll its just me for the most part. But I do want some of our space back. A lot of it isnt crap but usable items i wont landfill. So,I'll peck at it. I just wish the allergies would quit. I get in a dopey Clariton struggle or so itchy I want to claw out my eyes. I sure kicked up stuff and the flour that I kicked up didnt help. W/ me it feel like failure to a point but I am working at that too. A lot of the stuff I was going to resell and some was for DD's cooking career that she dumped. The garage will wait. Wish i knew how DH's ankle will turn out. Once I give the glider swing away we will gain almost a car space. A lot of the rest is bookshelves I got for the cookbooks but also DS's weight sets and bench. He has college stuff in there and i have waited long enough for him to do that so it goes. DS moved out now his stuff needs to. (bet that a common thing). Anyway. Off to Aldis.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gaja, Sorry i missed you, I hope your DD finds out what is wrong, we had a friend DD that had chronic fatigue, but it took along time for them to finally come up with that.

Gbug, oh gosh, hang on, stay safe,, get things together in case you need to leave, we got rain last night too, but we only got an inch, but the ground just cant suck up any more water so its sitting on top, not like yours at all.
    Sending up a prayer your house stays dry.

ILC, I hope you are out shopping and still not having vertigo problems, I feel so bad for you, I pray it goes away soon, wish there was something I could do.
    Hey got my peppers planted , tell DH I have a pepper maybe and inch long!!, hey its something lol!!

FW, boy you never rest either! I wish someone would declutter my house. I threw somethign away the other day and got questioned why? um, does that mean someone is watching the trash going out? I hate havinf all the clutter, it makes everything too busy.

SD. Sounds like you are leaving the lake for Grand Rapids

phone, gotta go, back later
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, it's mostly me doing the decluttering, too. I don't know any other way it can be for us. I'm home full time so I'm the one who runs the household, plus I have an office in another building, the sewing room, the kitchen, and my hobbies. And I do most of the carpentry and home repairs and planning for all of the above. Husby would be the first to tell you he's the muscle and the gofer around here, not the planner and the experience. He has a say in what we get rid of if it's something that affects him or if it's something that belonged to his parents, and I'm not stupid enough to touch his office. But most of the sorting is up to me. It irked me for a while but then I realized it wouldn't work at all for him to sort my stuff, and most of it's my stuff. He's good about helping me haul stuff out or whatever, although if he just had surgery like your husband then it wouldn't make sense for him to even do that. I'm envious you can throw stuff out weekly. We haul our own trash so stuff sits around here making me nuts till we have a full load, which means truck and trailer stuffed full. On the way home from every dump run, we always talk about how much we hate hauling trash but how great we feel when that chore is done!

Pinetree, if we do decide to move to Grand Rapids, I'm insisting we move to another lake property in town there. Several lakes are within city limits and housing prices are favorable there. We want to take the HydroBikes along. It's a big plus that Spearfish can't offer us, considering how dry it is out west. It's going to limit the possibilities for a new place and I'm not sure the timing will work out, but it makes the most sense to me to stay on the water. It would take the sting out of moving, somewhat.

We haven't ruled out staying in this house either, or moving into town here. I think it's going to come down to what house we find, when we find it, and what happens locally in the next few years. If the new mine gets permitted, we will most likely be tripping all over ourselves to buy a house in town because that mining money will bring in a lot of new people and new money for new amenities, as well as drive up housing prices almost immediately. Hard to predict the future, but I think eventually big business will win out and the mine will be built. I can't decide if that's a good thing or not, and no matter which way it goes something important will be lost for the community, but the town is dying for lack of good jobs as it stands right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-my Ddad was lie that w/ Dmom when he was at the end. Drove her nuts but he couldnt help it.

So I did it. I have been looking for a 4' prep table and Aldis had one for $24.99 they are about $36. at Sams previously. And 2 of those folding camp chairs. I will tell Dh its part of his "doggy" fathers Day gifts. We have the coleman camp chairs and i think I bought them at Sams club just after we moved here like 21 yrs. ago?? The stitching is giving and they are faded so bad from yearly washings and constant summer use. The only thing I dont like is the side tray is plastic. Wish it wasnt even there. $24.99 spent about $75. unplanned household goods. Just need to get DD to help get the table out and lift it over the gate w/o an incident.

I did get a large amt of fruit and veg for the week for $26. Red grapes are .89 sold in 2# bags and white mushrooms are cheap. I got oranges,pears x2.Green peppers x2,baker potatoes,broccoli,green beans,blackberries x2,caesar salad kit,and 2 pkgs of those cookies for the $24.22.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK ladies, I may not be around for awhile, the bottom has fallen out , well at least for me, the renters are way behind on rent, yep, being the good guy, trying to help, well they are moving out fri, yep 2 days notice.
    they are moving, and then will come back to clean, yep, you are you trying to kid, Bet the house is a real mess to.. crap!! just replaced the hot water heater, and now have to come up with money for the payment that you arent going to make,.
    I'm trying to dig stuff out for our friend, just way overwhelmed big time... I'm ok, but need to take care of some of these things, I move so slow now, that it takes me 100 times longer to do things....guess I will just drag my oxygen maker around on a big extension cord!! lol.. ugh, sob..

See Gbug, sometimes all you can do is cry!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, g;ad you're feeling better, keep doing your exercises.

RABBIT, sad news, TJ, caught a baby rabbit, really alittle baby. Dh was in tears. It didnt make it... Not sure if something else happened before he found it or if he caught it. he doesnt go after birds so cant see him getting a bunny, am heart broken... where are you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I saw those tables in the Aldi ad last Sunday. Way to go! Also with all the produce. I've gotten Aldi grapes once and the skins were so tough I just about choked on them. But I love it when the bell peppers are 3/99 cents.
    My DH still has some college textbooks but I think he's going to donate them to the library sale this year---he admitted that he would never use them again. When I retired I sold some of my teacher stuff at a yard sale and donated the rest. I don't care what happened to it, I knew I would never use it again.

pinetree, yes, vertigo for the 5th day in a row BUT the Epley maneuver seems to be helping. It's the one that you start off in a somersault postion---I watched a Youtube video on it last night. Had some nausea and a constant headache but it's better every day. As long as I rest throughout the day and don't move my head suddenly I'm sort of functioning. Way to go on your pepper! My one bell pepper is getting big but it's the only one on the plant! DH has a couple of little banana peppers that are about an inch long. Lots of green tomatoes but none are ripening yet.

Everybody, I've caught up on the posts but just don't feel like commenting any more....just too tired to type much.

For Wednesday:

1) Bake brownies for tomorrow's luncheon at my school DONE
    2) Clean up kitchen DONE
    3) Hopefully pay June bills

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh pinetree, I'm so sorry about the renters! I wish I was there to help you.