2016 To Do Challenge - Page 195
Page 195 of 351 FirstFirst ... 95145185192193194195196197198205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That makes me so mad, Pinetree. I hate people who take advantage of other people, and then have to ruin their stuff on top of it. Who do they think they are and why do they think someone else owes them something?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-the top surface is too porous and I can tell I'll softscrub and maybe plastic tablecloth it at some point. DD pointed out it extends way more than i realized some more cool points. Its cheapish but if I get a few seasons of prep table out of it-hands clapping. I hate cutting on the side out of the grill while its on, and dogs are too helpful. So ?? I hope this will be good. I have to use a cutting board although I would always anyway. The chairs are compfy. I want to see how fast they dry. Its about to rain any sec. so I'll know by tomorrow. Oh and they hold up to 300#"s.

Pinetree-sorry but try not to overtax right?? Come in when you can we'll be here.

Took Mikey to get DD and to the bank (her rent) and for vanilla ice cream. I cant even remember the last time he got to go. He was so good just a little over excitement here and there. Things are equalizing again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pine tree, do you have any legal recourse if they were behind on the rent? I'm sorry that happened

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

paid bills
    bank
    MD appt
    picked up a pair of really pretty earring for a gift my mom needs to give but of course she hates them and now wants to shop for them herself

packed meds
    made to do list for before wedding

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2: glad to hear things are starting to get a bit more normal again.
    pinetree: so sorry for the trouble with the renters. Glad you are getting rid of them, at least.

I'm trying to get some work done, and clean the house before my folks arrive, but it is too hot. For those of you living in southern areas you would just laugh at me, but I'm just not built for temperatures above 20C (68F). You will never catch me whining about rain, fog, 15C (59F) in July. But this heat... There is a reason we are travelling north for the summer holidays.
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hear ya about the heat, Gaja. We suffer too if it gets above 80 F. We've been in the south when it's 100 degrees and 100% humidity and couldn't wait to get back home.

FW, I was thinking about your entertainment centers you want to get rid of. Could they be repurposed for storage? As you know, we bought some big ones last year and they have all worked out great, one for camping stuff, one for gardening stuff, one in the bathroom for linens and bathroom items, one for craft items, one with the TV on the top and all the video game/TV-related stuff inside, and Mom's curb-picked one for all her cookbooks. If you had space, an entertainment center would make a great pantry (with small appliance storage on the top ) or other storage and would hold a lot of stuff in the garage or anywhere. It seems a shame to just trash them, but if you do, don't forget you can take them apart. So much easier than hauling them out in one chunk. They can be disassembled or just cut apart with a Sawzall, which would take five or ten minutes, tops.

Lots to do today. I put the potty cassette back in the camper, lest we forget it. I'd hate it if we didn't have a pot to pee in this weekend. Husby brought it in, dumped it, rinsed it, and then left it sitting in the bathroom for me to put back in the camper. WHY?

Looks like we got an inch and a quarter of rain yesterday so no worries about fires while we're gone this time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And still more rain. Put up 2 quarts of kale yesterday. Today is going to be a slow day. Got 5 phone shops to do, making a ramen slaw for DH's work party tomorrow, and then needlepointing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stay safe, GB. It sounds bad down that way.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpgSo remember last Thursday I was going to clean the kitchen top to bottom? Well I finally finished yesterday! Every cuboard gone through and organized.....everything scrubbed! I decided I spend SO much time in the kitchen that I want it uncluttered, super organized and efficient! We have an outdated kitchen really....oak cabinets, Formica counters etc. but I am realizing by keeping everything in the best condition possible it can still look like a nice kitchen even if it's outdated. So I am trying to focus on what I have instead of what I would like. I am going to try putting some pictures on if anyone is interested......2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpg2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpg2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpg2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your kitchen looks great! And oak is beautiful and classic.

If you're bored with the same old same old, update hardware and counters and it'll like a whole new room. But I don't think it needs a thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

TDN-very nice. Now how much worse does mine look to me.lol But not on the roster right now.
    SD-we have a St. Vincent De Paul just down the road. I may call them. Kinda need to see it in the light of sun. I saw they had a real crappy one there??

So I looked up natural ant poisons late last night and got a Borax Syrup recipe I may attatch to the lines. Dh is being useless. He was contemplating the whole route they take. I'm like who give a xxxx. Entering the house via the cable line,thats the issue. I killed 50 yesterday by knocking them off the line and stomping just talking to my Dmom on the phone. This is war dudes.

Super pretty today. Need to finalize things by going to the animal rescue and handing them his final paperwork so I can legally license Hunter. Dragging on the issue. AND I dont want to go look at ANYTHING in this state.

To DO
    shave legs
    get Hunter licensed
    scatter clean and grab for resale.
    Bask in the sun in my new chairs for lunch

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW.....shave leg....lol......I need to do that too!

Thanks spirit deer! We did some small updating probably 6 years ago? And added the hardware so it is actually still in style! Hubby remade all the upper cabinet doors to have the glass inserts, before it was just a few that had that. I just need to quit watching fixer upper!! I am pretty sure if I had one of those nearly all white kitchens I would probably get tired of it fast anyway. When I have my kitchen all cleaned and organized like this I actually am quite happy with it. I "treated" myself to new burner drip pans this morning.....I have cleaned the old ones more times than I can count.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys, checking in..
    TDN, you would love your kitchen if you could see mine. I would Love to have yours! Its beautiful!

gaja, lol, I have heat stroke at 75*, go for the cool weather!!

Gbug, stay safe

Bernice, have fun at the wedding

EB, thanks I threw away my bags, Thanks for saving me all the time trying to make those rugs!

SD. Have fun on your trip. Take pictures for me, I am traveling thru you now days, and have to admit its pretty fun!!

ILC, ?? Is it gone? Thinking about you. Friends brought over a bunch of veggies for me to olant, but havent looked to see whats there. LOL, race to see who gets a pepper first?? lol,,, take care..

FW, Yippeeee the puppys legal??!!! I have waited along time for this!! I feel like I am part owner, well I think most of us feel that way, we have all followed his progress!
    rotf, hahaha, shave a leg, man you crack me up!! Thanks I needed that!! hugs

Dont have much time, but know I am thinking about all of you. I might not be posting but will try to read and keep caught up...

Called the lawyer, for the rent..small claims court is the cheapest easy way, if we hire her again it will be about $3000. Nope we can do it ourselves..

Friend that brought over the plants says he will help with the rental, hes a handy man, now I just dont know if I can afford him, praying its not that bad. DH, said he was masking off stuff, putting on a suit and going in with a paint gun, we will scape off what we dont want, LOL, hahaha, oh Lord help me!!!!
    RABBIT, I could really use the lawnmowers!! bet its over 2 feet tall!! and the 6' fence is totally down... ugh...

gotta go,, take care everyone!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh Pinetree-thats all lining up so fast. Very good. Y is shaving my legs so funny? I could have said MOW if i was being truthful. "Puppy" is not legal Until I get over there. I am 1/3 the way done w/ the back lawn (SO dang many sticks). Glad I have the old mower w/ the blade that needs sharpening. I really want the table and umbrella out today. Hope DD will help. She like it too but her job messes up her back. There is really not enough of me to go around and certainly I need more stamina.
    Yea! on the free veggies and handyman service.
    Well back ot the chain gang.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So confused about moving (or not) right now.

The latest house we were interested in was a no go with a basement stairway that's under a trap door in the hallway, so forget that. This town has the weirdest weirdities when it comes to housing.

Talked to our realtor about the house we almost bought last year. Don't know what to do there. Still love the house. It needs a lot of work but it has great bones, loads of curb appeal, tons of storage including two double garages and loads of interior storage, and would be the right size house for us. Plus it's a very solid house, hand built by the sellers, and newer than most of the housing in town. Lots of pluses but many minuses, too, and they would have to be willing to drop the price quite a bit for us to be interested, and that's not likely so it's probably not worth thinking about anyway.

Don't want to leave the lake but the maintenance out here is getting to be difficult for us. Husby's meds cause major problems in the cold and also leave him in pain most of the time. I can't do it all by myself. Dang, we'll miss it if we have to leave. But we might be able to buy in town and then get a seasonal place on a lake nearby.

Looking forward to the weekend to see what's in Grand Rapids, but can't get motivated to get ready to go. Then again, it's two nights, so I don't feel like there's much to do to get ready anyway.

TDN, you're a much better housekeeper than I am (most people are) if you think white cabinets are a good thing! White and me are not a good combo.