2016 To Do Challenge - Page 196
Page 196 of 351 FirstFirst ... 96146186193194195196197198199206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN--Great kitchen!

Still raining. Gathered 4 squash today and almost didn't make it out of the patch because of the mud. Made $14 on phone shops today. Woo!Hoo! Got the ramen salad made and did a little needlepoint today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

white cabinets here would equal me sitting in there w/ a spray bottle!! nope to the nopertons. Not a white anything girl.

GB-NO!!! Glad it wasnt like that. Congrats on the squash. Whats a phone shop?

Got 1/2 the backyard mowed,dropped and picked up DD,we got the table out and umbrella up but the chairs and table will need cleaning. The dogs have been using the 2 old veg gardens so the lawn wasnt full-thank you!! Guess I know what tomorrow is for. Well,no G.saleing and losing money anyway.

Pinetree-Hunty loves the shade from his new umbrella-great idea humans. He had Wendy's Baconburger w/ his pals under it. Mackey went and helped get DD. So burgers. WHEN did they raise the $1.39 bacon burger to $1.99!! Last time for that for dogs.

so tired. Going to try and get a bit more mowing done-we'll see.

Oh Pinetree-the robin has at least 2 greedy little babies. The mom and dad are flying and bringing worm after worm and bug after bug. I see why they only lay a few eggs and where the term "round robin" comes from.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, Those poor birds!! thats why we drop some dry cat food for her, gives them aliitle break. Aww, a picnic under the brella!! how fun was that!

I wish you guys were around when I redid my kitchen, I have white appliances, white counter tops, white cabinets, white walls with tan trim, white sink, white and tan back splash and a light oak floor. thats why I am always wiping down my cabinets!! I wanted white so I could see if it needed cleaning , well I tell you what, I can see every little speck! next time going for darker colors, but I still like it. I know I'm crazy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I wasn't the only one with your leg shave, I dont know it just struck me as funny, still does.. must be from lack of sleep. sorry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, if you're not crazy when you get white cabinets, you will be from having them!

We went with knotty hickory in our kitchen and just love them. We bought the knottiest ones we could find.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have 1972 dk brown ugly cabinets. I wanted to paint them red or antique blue but have just ignored them. No sense making a mess and putting a bunch of effort into nothing. We have the chipped white formica that takes in all stains and releases then w/ much bleaching. We have the rounded sink that is raised so water pools on the counter in front of it and you have a line on your clothes if you hand wash dishes. We cant get a nice fridge because it hits the doorway w/ a smaller old style already. The floor is white cement tile and always dirty. My stove is 26yrs old so its almond. They were so cheap the cabinets on one side have a foot of dead space behind. I have the original light fixture and its so dingy in there I have the cover off. Its a sad kitchen. I was always going to add on about 15' back so it would be large enough to have an island and actually move around. When the ants eat through the wall of the back of the house I'll remortgage and build it. GOOD PLAN.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN - I think your kitchen is beautiful. I like the cookbook shelf at end of counter.

pinetree - glad i saved you some headache with the bag crochet. hang in there.
    we will leave the light on for you.

rain rain go away. we havent had any but watching on tv is making me sad. how much more can people take.

stay safe everyone.................i will do a stop the rain dance tonight.

family in town visiting so today was fun catching up. even with computers, skype, cell phones its still nice to sit next to someone and just talk.

odds and ends tomorrow and then this weekend i am going to get back in the swing of things for the coming week. its much calmer here now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

mostly spent the day packing then helping my parents. My mother is notorious for freaking out about going away, she makes a panicked production out of everything, now she's sick and it's ten times worse. I lasted til 7p and then I had to be away from it. Bernice was already asleep on my bed and i just curled up next to her and put my head on her chest and listened to her snore for 20 mins. I felt so much calmer.

got a mani-pedi with mom, I'm not doing that anymore, not that I do it often. $50 with tip. I got this great little device that has a rolling thing on the end that removes calluses, works great and was $10 on Amazon. I used to get pedicures for the callus removal, now I don't need to. I don't find being at the nail salon some relaxing spa experience so why waste the money? it looks nice but in hindsight I could've done it.

TDN, I like the set up of your kitchen, looks like lots of storage

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, do your cabinets look loke knotty pine? I would love to have that kind here.

Mine were made from the qonwers sond, they ar epure plywood, from the 60's, apinted 20 times, no just kidding, dark brown to tan to white. next will be getting new ones! DS and I are still thinking about making our own, just migth do it when things slow down.

SD are you ready to go? Oh, now I wish it was me, I guess i am really green with envy..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, the knotty hickory is a lot like knotty pine. Here's the uppers I bought and modified to fit under our kitchen windows. They had to be made deeper front to back. We used all stock cabinets to keep costs down, instead of ordering custom cabinets.

Not ready to go yet, but it's a short trip so won't take long to get ready in the morning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Holy cow, the computer is messing up my words hope you can read that,( owners sons, made from pure plywood)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's going to be 76-81 F for the next week. I haven't slept well for the last three nights.

Our kitchen is from the 80's, has a strange orange brown color, and looks worn. Some time ago I rubbed an area of it with a walnut and it helped a lot. Your talk about your kitchens reminded me I planned to do it to the rest of the cabinets.

I've made some dryer balls using wool yarn. Have seen mixed reviews on the internet, but I'll give it a try.

Shaved my legs yesterday, too. Vinterpels ("Winter coat") is a Danish slang word for leg hair.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tine-you cracked me up. DD and i were making weed whacker jokes yesterday and she was saying Deforestation related to hers. We always kid she is a burly Russian woman.

To DO
    up early so
    -empty DW
    -shave legs
    -get Hunters license
    -finish back lawn
    -do banking-done
    -make unsweetened tea
    -go to pet store for cat food cans and tidy cat

Hope to toss a few things for garbage pick up?? IDK what yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--Phone shops are mystery shops where I call certain stores and ask certain questions and it is recorded. It takes me about 5 minutes and I make $2 per shop without leaving home. The money is deposited in my checking account. Not much money, but easy money.

SD--I love the window cabinets and your gardens.

Today I am working a few hours at the soup kitchen, then I'm coming home to pickup the salad and Dmom and heading to DH's work for lunch. Got to buy groceries later if I can get past the rain.

Don't forget to download your Great Thins on your Kroger card today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - I know what you mean about the heat and humidity in the South. I've lived here all my life and if anyone tries to tell you "you get used to it", they're lying. You just learn when and when not to go outside, have ceiling fans in all your rooms (I even have one in my bathroom), and keep the A/C in good working order.
    I've started walking for exercise and I have to tie a bandana around my head so the sweat won't run in my eyes. By the time I finished, I'm soaked through and have to take a shower.
    Still better that walking on a treadmill.

FW - I don't find it unusual to put "shave legs" on a to-do list. Many times I have taken a quick shower and then remembered that I wanted to wear shorts that day.

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I quit smoking, started exercising, and now I'm going to try to lose a few pounds!
    I'm starting by just cutting out sugar in my coffee and any sugary snacks - you know, the good ones, like doughnuts, cookies, ice cream, etc.
    I'll substitute fruit, cheese, hard boiled eggs, etc.
    I never thought I could stand coffee without a little sugar, but I also never thought I could quit smoking. I still use a little cream in coffee, but it has only taken me a few days to adjust to no sugar.
    I did this a couple of years ago and lost 18 pounds which I have gained back.

Like they say: Go big or go home!