2016 To Do Challenge - Page 197
Page 197 of 351 FirstFirst ... 97147187194195196197198199200207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi!! I'm enjoying seeing and hearing about everyone's kitchens. I love kitchens. Most of our life has occurred around the kitchen table. Big discussions, homework, sewing, crafting, plans for trips and outings etc. I was sure I took a couple of pics of ours after we moved in but can't find them on the computer. I did find one from Easter where I took a picture of the Easter baskets I bought for the girls sitting on the island. That does show some of the cabinets so you can get an idea of cabinets / counter top etc but not the whole kitchen. I'll have to take a "dedicated" kitchen picture to upload and post soon.

Attachment 40793

All is well. Busy couple of days. I think the last time I popped on was the day the kids came in the afternoon. We spent a solid two hours in the pool. I spent another hour before they got here. I was so tired that night! Wednesday I spent part of the day visiting with a college friend. We met for breakfast and shopping. I didn't buy a thing but had fun window shopping. Yesterday we had errands in the morning and I babysat all afternoon. I feel like this week has flown by in the blink of an eye.

Today we have DHs cousin and his wife coming for a visit. We enjoy their company so we're looking forward to their visit. This morning I've emptied the dishwasher, changed the bed, scooped the kitty box and folded laundry. I wanted to get my chores done early because I am not sure how long they will stay and I wanted to focus on them while they are here vs thinking "man, I have got to do XYZ when they leave"

FW I love the picture in my head of Hunty relaxing under his umbrella enjoying the sun. I bet all three of them couldn't eat those cheeseburgers fast enough. LOL.

GB stay safe with those storms. Yikes!

SD safe travels today. I hope you find the new area is just what you're looking for. I laughed at your comment about DH wanting to move to Grand Rapids just for Donut Day. HAHA! Today is National Donut Day according to Facebook and Dunkin Donuts will give you a free classic donut with the purchase of any beverage. They used to sell a vanilla cream filled donut that I loved and they don't make that one anymore. At least all around Maine at the ones I've checked they don't have it anymore. Such a bummer (but a big help on my diet at least!).

Tine how is your neck feeling? Any better? Are the exercises helping?

Gaja how is your daughter doing?

Pinetree I sympathize with you on being questioned when you tossed something out. DH has an awful time letting go of things "just in case". I get that to some degree but on the flip side we downsized our house and just don't have the space anymore to store every blessed thing that comes our way. We need to be selective. For example I had this tabletop convection oven at the old house. Loved it and used it all the time (and when my big oven died that was my only oven so it was vital). We moved over here and in my attempt to regain space I donated it. I have a brand new oven here and a toaster oven and I don't "need" the tabletop oven anymore. I really like the clean countertop look I have here with just a few things out that I use all the time (kitchen tool caddy, KitchenAid Mixer etc) and there is no room for the oven unless I push the other stuff together. So I donated it. DH was with me but apparently didn't see me take it out of the car. So a week later he mentioned he'd have to bring that oven over for me. I told him no, I donated it. He was horrified and said we should keep it "just in case". I said no, I was tired of all the just in case stuff we have hung onto over the years and we don't have the space anymore to store it. He said there was room in the basement. Again, NO. I reminded him after a few years we plan to move to a condo a little closer to the kids and will be packing up everything again and moving and I don't want to have to haul a mountain of stuff from the basement full of just in case stuff. And a condo will be even smaller than this house and probably not have a basement so no storage! It kills him to part with things. I don't toss his stuff though, just mine. He needs to decide what of his he wants to keep and what is OK to toss. I'd feel so bad if I tossed something that is crazy to keep in my opinion but meant the world to him. KWIM? I'm so sorry about the rental fiasco. Hugs.

ILC I used to work for an ENT physician and he used to recommend the Epley maneuvers to our patients with vertigo. I had forgotten that till I saw you post about it.

TDN great job on kitchen organizing and cleaning.

Hi to everyone I missed and hope you all have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes,today IS national donut day and poor DD works in the cafe. She is doing that program and will have to listen to people regarding it ALL DANG DAY.
    Picture Hunty in the traditional on the belly w/ back legs splayed position. When the cheeseburgers come out they must line up sitting next to each other. I call each name saying some for-hunty...Some for MAC ..some for Mikey. Now that they are 3 they are more mindful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, aww, the boys eating burgers, I pictures him lazing in the shade, just munching on the burger, never thought about them eating it in one bite!!

SD, your cabinets are beautiful, I would love something like that!! Safe travels today, hope you have a great time.

Gbug, thanks for the reminder, stay safe, sounds like it isnt going to stop anytime soon

TDN, i am so jealous, all of your kitchen clean, bet that feels good!

WJ, keep it up you are doing a great job!

Tine, Its good to hear you are doing alittle better. Dont over-due it.

ILC, hope you are feeling better too, you have had that too long..

Hiko, I couldn't get your attachment to work, I really dont know why people have to hang onto things, maybe I'm too far the other way, its easy for me to get rid of things, well unless it came from my Dad, I seem to hang onto all of that. Dh even saves boxes..

gaja, hope your DD is doing better.

EB, Thanks, I will watch for the light!!

Hi to everyone I forgot,,

Things are kinda slow, my back is killing me, I dont know whats wrong, but Dh was up with me all night with muscle spazams, if not better Monday I will go in. I am not short of breath, legs not swelled, so Think I just over did and hurt my back again,,,,,, so taking it easy..

I wanted to get alot of things planted and dug up, but again, I just sit here and wish I could do something... so frustrating!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made it to the soup kitchen. Another sad day. One of our clients had all his belongings swept away. He was wearing a boot and a flip flop. He wears size 15, so finding shoes will be difficult. I have located some from my neighbor's grandson. We had another client that actually was signing to get a card and went to the bathroom. When he returned, I could tell that he had been crying. I just wished I could help more. Made it to the luncheon with Dmom and DH. Took Dmom to Krispy Kreme afterwards to get our free donuts and then went to the grocery store for the week's supplies. I managed to wade out into the garden and gather a few more squash.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-so sad. Wish i could shove things thru the computer as we are just wading in stuff still. All that extra kitchen stuff for example. Sending up prayers tonight.

Fortunately DD did give away free donuts today so that eased the stress of her customers. Their base their caters to the older crowd and she has some demanding people at times. They treat the cafe like a diner and expect unlimited coffee and such.
    She came home today and said they now get a 401K so that could be good.

Finished more of the lawn today and got the main patio table scrubbed.reviewed the June and July budget. I need to hit the pet store tomorrow I just had to nap today after the hard time I had w/ the old mower. Cant wait to pay about $100. to get the new Honda deck. DH is insisting he can do it for me. I got 6 of 7cat boxes done. I need the Tidy cat though. Badly. Hope to scrub the chairs and sweep the deck and call that done. Licenses will be next week.

Pinetree-Hunty was a Baaaaaad boy at the ice cream place tonight. I took him up to the ice cream stand and he was so overstimulated I kept kids away. He may have gone before. I got him a dish of vanilla and sat waiting so nicely in the grass w/ DD. Then he went nuts he growled off DD and then me once he got the dish!!. So he cant come and get out anymore.
    I had to laugh though because at home he like to sitting under the new table and stares out like a fort. He surveys his yard. So food aggressive,doesnt like children,and sneaky. (he found a wrapped candy and is hiding w/ it.)and it chasing George cat. Someone needs a time out.

I cant believe how fast the days are going. DH left Sun and it seems like a minute. Time for TV and bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I'm glad I made you laugh.

Hikr, I can't see your photo. My neck is getting better. Exercises, massage and heating pad have helped a lot.

I used canola oil on the kitchen cabinets yesterday. Looks so much better now, but I don't think it'll last for long. Can post photos later.

We're off to 18-year-old birthday in half an hour. I bourght the persent with a gift card to a shop I never use. I really don't feel like leaving the old fan I just remembered I have.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tine-hope the canola oil works for you. We couldnt use it w/ all the fur flyin' I think.

DD's taking off for the weekend so I get the place to myself. Think I may make a noodle salad and cook some marinated chicken.

to do
    vaccumn/sweep
    thinking about putting the bug kill on the lawn??
    DW flip
    scrub chairs for deck table
    organize vet record book.

It is clear I couldnt live here w/o DH. This place is so much work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Not much happening here today. Going to make a carrot cake later. It is Dmom's favorite. DH suggested taking Dmom out tonight to a variety show if we can get tickets. We shall see. Have a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi! I attempted to upload a couple of pics I took of my kitchen this morning since the last time didn't work. Excuse the beat up old crock pot on the island. Poor thing has seen better days but it still works I've got spaghetti sauce and meatballs cooking in there for supper tonight. I want to post these and see if I can click on them and see if they work so I'll do that then come back and chat.

2016 To Do Challenge-img_8629.jpg2016 To Do Challenge-img_8630.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, I'm back, vertigo seems to be gone and I'm glad! It was quite terrible.

I've read back through all the posts but can't remember everything so if I forget somebody, please forgive me.

hikr, I like your kitchen---so clean and organized. I have white cabinets and I don't keep them as clean as I should. Last night I did some scrubbing on them which helped somewhat but they really need painting, especially around the pulls where the paint has been wearing off.

fw, remember to do something nice for you while everyone is away.

tine, glad you feel better.

Gbug, oh yum, carrot cake! I made one at Easter and it was awesome, and from a mix that had a pack of carrots and raisins that had to soak a little before using. Then I made a homemade cream cheese icing and sprinkled lots of pecans over it. Enjoy yours!

For Saturday:

1) Mop
    2) Work on menus for next week
    3) Record recent expenditures
    4) Deal with litter boxes
    5) Continue scrubbing kitchen cabinets

Have a great day, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It worked! At least it looks like it worked. I can see the pics. Of course they are sideways and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the orientation when they upload. They are upright in my phone and in my picture file in the computer but they never come out right when I post. I apologize. Please excuse my beat up old crock pot on the island in the picture. I've got meatballs and spaghetti sauce in there for dinner. Poor thing looks terrible but it still works. I have had that for I think about 12 years? Still going strong!

Anyway, hi all! We had such a nice visit yesterday with DHs cousin and his wife. They are great people. It was pretty gloomy out when I got up but the sun is out now and the temp is climbing so I think we can get in a swim this afternoon. I've got dinner in the crock pot done and I have cleaned the bathrooms. I also need to scoop kitty box and do some sweeping. I do a little each day. The house isn't that big but the sweeping motions angers my back and I can't do the whole house in one swoop. So I break it down to a room or two a day.

FW picturing Hunty sprawled out on his belly lounging in the sun is hilarious. That dog is such a hoot. I can visualize him under the new table like it's his fort surveying his land Sorry though he wasn't a sweetheart at the ice cream place. Our greyhound loved ice cream. We went to this place that had a "dog bone sundae" they'd make for the dogs. Vanilla ice cream in cup with dog bones lined up along the sides of the ice cream. LOL. She would start to whine when we'd take the turn down the road the stand was on because she knew for sure then she was getting ice cream. Her tail would wag like crazy when we'd pull in.

Tine so glad to hear your neck is improving. Have fun at the birthday party!

GB hope you can get the tickets to the show. I bet your Mom will love that. So sad though to hear about the client that lost his belongings in the flood. The weather sounds so scary there right now. I think that you're doing an amazing job with the help that you are giving. My son in law wears a size 17 and he has a hard time finding shoes because of his size.

ILC so glad the vertigo has passed. I've been thinking of you <3 Thank you for your kind comments about my kitchen. I love it. I worked so hard to get it organized and it's almost as hard keeping it organized as it was getting it organized. LOL. The trend now is white cabinets but I know I could never pull off cleaning them adequately so they wouldn't work for me. But I do think they look really nice. Between the cat and DH they would be a hot mess from day one. hahaha.

SD hope the trip is awesome and you find just what you're looking for. And hope DH got his donut! I skipped National Donut Day and opted to behave myself. LOL. I know me...I'd go in for my one free donut and come out with a dozen because they look so good.

Pinetree how is your back today? Any improvement? Glad you're taking it easy. Is there a minute clinic or something you could pop into today and have it checked out? I hate to think you may be in pain till Monday. Definitely watch for swelling or shortness of breath and don't hesitate to go to the ER if you have anything that seems really odd happen. I hope you're feeling better today though.

Hi Rabbit, Niko, WJCalderon, EarlyBird, Momoffiveboys, 1bhfmom, TDN, Gaja and anyone I forgot!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hikr00-Hunty chased cats,growled at Mackey and Mikey and just had a very bad day. Dmom says he had too much sugar? He is better today after a big sleep last night.

Got my pet binder done and am so beat from from it. What a mess of unfiled papers and clutter plus a tug on the emotions from losses. I am ready to take paperwork to the animal control.
    Need to pick another goal like doing the chairs but feeling like a rest break for a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hi!

FW, aw, never thought of him being on a sugar high.. you will have to get him sugarless ice cream! take it easy while you can..

ILC, I am so glad you are feeling better, hope it continues!!

Tine, have fun at your party, glad you are better too!

SD, thinking about your flying down the highway, windows down and the breeze blowing thru the windows.

hikr, oh gosh, an eat in kitchen, its so big! Mine looks terrible compared to all of your! I love it!

Gbug, keeping you in my prayers, sure hope that rain stops soon. Please eat a big bite of carrot cake for me.

Ok guys I got scared yesterday, had shortness of breath and tight chest, Dr worked me in for last appt, at 6pm!! I'm ok long story short, I pulled a rib out of the socket in front, it rubbed the ribs on my side, messed them up then swelled up and it went around to my other side, he said my core strenght is gone, so need to get it back asap, so have a bunch of exercises.. thats the story, plus heat,, rubs etc...so I'm down again,,, man is this getting frustrating!!

Hi to ones I missed I hope everyone is ok and having a good weekend!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug - does your mom live with you and just visiting? i cant remember. she wont
    want to go home if visiting, you do such nice things for her. carrot cake sounds really good.

hikr00 - your kitchen is beautiful. nice and roomy. everytime i get mine cleaned and organized i tell my husband that we cant use it for a week so it stays that way. its an ongoing chore.

fw - you need to just sit with your feet up. you have too much to do.

SD - i like the cabinets under window. it looks so nice. hope your having a nice
    getaway checking out the new town.

ilc - glad the room isnt spinning. that is an awful feeling that i am familiar with on
    a much smaller scale. now if it will only leave you alone.

wjcald - that is bold to take on weight loss while not smoking. i wish you luck. its
    all a struggle but well worth it. i need to start working on getting alittle more weight
    off.

pinetree - i am not a saver either. once we figured out that we are happier with just
    what we need it has been pretty easy to maintain. less to store, less to repair, less to clean and keep track of. that is just our house and might not work for others. no judgement either way. others members of my family are the opposite and thats ok too.

finally got the exercising in gear. did walking tape this morning and then went for a walk at the cemetary. rained on way there and on way home but nothing while i walked so it was good. about done for the day here so will relax. salads and tomato soup for supper so that is easy.

to-dos for tomorrow. i think i will just get back to making my master list for the whole week and cross stuff off as it is done. thought maybe i might put it on the computer so i can just print out each sunday and then write in anything extra.

june already - it just doesnt seem possible does it? enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-you gotta flip the script. You really lucked out that you got in soon enough no huge damage was done and THAT there is a fix. Thats how I'm trying to think of the lawn mowing. I needed to get moving. I can do it a little more,a little better each week. And the more I dont pay for stays in the freezer fund.
    And fat Fred was never supposed to get the whole dish. And he just totally lost it. lol

EB-I napped because my body said I would. So I got the folder done,got pizza and the cat supplies but thats about all. So frustrating. But I am coming back a day at a time.

So COUPON DIVA!! I went to pet supplies plus and got the total from $108.92 down to $69.12. I used the store savings card,3 coupons from the mail for $5. each,3 from the back of reciepts @ $3. a piece,5 $1. coupons from fancy feast. So $40. almost off. Score. Thats 4 40# tidy cats litters and 120 cans of Fancy Feast for Maxx. I bought a pizza (for free) and was pleased to pocket $25. (virtually).

Hikr00-envious of the space of your kitchen. And no one can make out the crock pot silly.lol