2016 To Do Challenge - Page 198
Page 198 of 351 FirstFirst ... 98148188195196197198199200201208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
    wjcald - that is bold to take on weight loss while not smoking.
    Well, I was thinking "insane", but "bold" sounds a lot better!

I might not lose any weight, but at least I'll be eating a lot healthier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Early bird--Dmom is just visiting. She is going home on Monday.

The carrot cake was great and from scratch to boot with cream cheese icing. Marinating chicken breast for dinner tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-aaahh! your killin' me here. Did it have raisins too or walnuts? yum. I need to grill some chicken tomorrow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr00........ Love your kitchen! I would love to have an island!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Going to church and then meeting my brother to pick up Dmom. Love her visiting, but ready for some down time. DH is on vacation for two weeks, but we aren't planning anything big. We may go on some day trip adventures, but nothing planned.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree and hikr: thank you for asking. DD is doing much better, and we have not gotten any bad test results from the hospital, only a summary that says they haven't found anything yet. She has been a champ this weekend. The grandparents have been visiting, and they always want to see and do so much. We've been out to the islands, bathing in the sea and lakes, walking in town, etc. It was nice, but very warm, and a bit draining. They left a couple of hours ago, and I just sent the kids to their rooms with a bunch of snacks and orders to relax.

Here is DD performing at a concert this Friday, we were all very proud of her: https://splice.gopro.com/v?id=k1OaAMj63

The costume is a mixture of loans from my aunts, and my old stuff. Everything is thick wool, so she got rather warm in the sun. The song is traditionally sung a capella to dancing. Here is a video were you see the traditional dancing with english translation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvjdBelNFZM

They sing a few more verses than DD did in her performance, but neither video has the full version. That is 85 verses long, and takes about 15-20 minutes to sing. The Faroese like long songs, the longest are several thousand verses long, and take days if you want to do the whole thing.
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello everyone. It's been awhile but I still read this thread everyday. Just had not had time to post. DD is out of school for the summer. Her last day was Friday. She's working today and most of this upcoming week. She took time off last week to study for finals. She spent all day yesterday going to graduation open houses with a some friends. I think she said they made it to 22 of them! I only had 3 to go to yesterday and really enjoyed them. It's so nice to sit and visit with people. Glad I didn't have many more to go to as it it could get expensive.

Been busy looking at stuff and trying to decide on colors for updating our kitchen and bathrooms. Need to look at flooring next. I get new appliances on Tuesday !!! We are going to try and sell our older ones. Don't know how much luck we will have. The dishwasher is only 3 years old so that should sell. I would think the refrigerator would for someone who wants an extra for the garage or basement. Don't know about the microwave or stove, they are about 18-20 years old. It's been so long since we've gotten anything new for the house, I'm getting a little excited.

Suppose to have temps in the 90s by the end of the week. That's too hot for me. I don't like temps higher than 80.

I'm trying to clean my oven racks. I soaked them overnight and tried scrubbing them this morning and nothing. I googled looking for tips and found something about putting them in a garbage bag with some ammonia. Does anyone know if this works? Have you tried anything that works better?

Need to make the beds, shower , clean the cat boxes and do 2 loads of laundry. Need to figure something out for supper. Probably grill some chops and maybe some sweet corn? I'm still full from eating all day long at open houses. Can't even think of food. Nothing sounds good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's Constitution Day today. Some people has the day off from work, but otherwise it's mostly celebrated by speeches about democracy from the politicians.

We had invited friends over tonight, but I'm not feeling well, so we canceled the plans. I'm freezing at 80 F and covered by a wool blanket.
    Last edited by Tine; 06-05-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all Lot to catch up on. Reading back now between cleaning, thinking about putting up Ebay and taking breaks.
    Stuff at the business continues to break down, getting hotter and hotter and just in general sucking.
    The kid helped clean a couple days ago on a day off and she was awake and feeling decent. She did a good job which was nice.
    Back later. Going to start being here more. Got to get organized... house, work and life. This place and you all help ...

For now... short list
    unload dishwasher and reload with what's there. Won't start until full
    trash in bathroom and a walfart bag put in
    check washer and dryer for who the crap knows whats in there as he was the last to use it. If anything in there will finish and put away... maybe

that's it for now. See how my back and hips go today.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone. I thank you all for the kind comments on my kitchen. I just love it. TDN this island is what sold me on this particular house design. I had an island in my last house and I used it all the time. I also spent many happy hours there baking with DD standing on a chair (and then DGD). So much that when we began looking at houses I said to DH if there's no island in the kitchen then it's a no go even if the rest of the house is perfect. The island was the deal breaker for me. The other side of this island has 3 big drawers, one small drawer and a double door section that opens up for storage. It's the best thing ever.

This morning I fired up the Instant Pot and cooked some red potatoes (just cooked them to be fork tender), spritzed them with olive oil then put them into the air fryer and made home fries. We haven't had home fries in ages and it's a rainy day so they sounded really good. I have leftover spaghetti and meatballs for supper. I have done my sweeping too already. DH is napping now and I think when we wakes up we talked about popping in a couple of movies or watching a couple we have saved in the DVR and just kind of having a lazy day.

FW your pet binder sounds like a great idea. I just have a file in the drawer marked "pets" that I really should organize into somewhat like you've done. That is the most amazing coupon saving I've seen in a long time. WOW!! 40 bucks! Nicely done.

Pinetree I am SO glad you went to the doctor. I was really kind of worried after reading your post mentioning the back spasms so I am relieved you went to be checked. The diagnosis sounds just awful though. I'm so sorry you're back down again with more exercises etc. I hope you can regain some of your core strength and kick this to the curb.

earlybird I laughed where you said you tell your husband you can't use the kitchen for a week after you get it all set up. Isn't that the truth! I spend as much time keeping it organized and clean as I did getting it organized to begin with. DH and I don't share the same need to have it clean. He's just not as picky as I am. For example, he'll get a piece of bread and get crumbs on the counter. He'll sweep them onto the floor so "look honey, the counter is clean". <sigh> Well, yes, the counter is sparkling but the floor looks like a disaster. LOL. It's just a knee jerk reaction for him to sweep them on the floor and I've told him a million times please sweep them into your hand then throw them in the trash yet he forgets every time. Some of it is because of his brain injuries...he doesn't process things like most of us do so I try not to come unglued when he does it and some of it is he just isn't as picky as I am.

WJCalderon even if you're not losing weight as long as you're eating more healthy options that's still a win. And you'll probably find by eating better foods that you will lose some weight without even trying.

GB you're making me want carrot cake. I am the only one that eats it so if I make it I "have" to eat the whole thing. I wish they sold single slices in the store bakery where I get my groceries. That would be enough to satisfy my craving but not enough to throw my diet completely to the wind. What did you marinate the chicken in? I plan to do chicken on the grill this week but the weather report isn't sounding like outside cooking will be possible. Have a great vacation! I love our little day trips almost as much as I love a regular vacation. We have such a blast. We toss the tailgating grill in the car, the cooler, a couple of folding chairs and off we go.

Gaja I'm glad DD is feeling better. Your DD has a lovely voice and she looks so sweet standing up there. What an awesome job she did! I'm impressed! The costume is so nice too. I am glad the hospital hasn't come back with anything bad for a diagnosis. I hope she continues to improve.

StartingOver Yay for DDs last day of school! New appliances are fun, enjoy the update. You mentioned grilling corn. Have you ever grilled frozen corn? I have some frozen corn on the cob I would love to grill but I'm not sure how to do it. I wonder if I should thaw it then grill it or grill it from the frozen state? I need to google and see what I can find. I could just microwave it but I plan on grilling the rest of the meal so it would be great if I could do it all on the grill.

Tine I hope you feel better. With you having such chills like that it almost sounds along the line of a flu virus. I hope it passes quickly and you're back up and on the move soon.

Niko you reminded me I have laundry in the dryer I forgot to remove! LOL! Thanks. Hope your back and hips do OK today.

SD can't wait to hear how your weekend trip went!

Hi Rabbit, ILC, Bernice and anyone I missed! Hope you all have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SO-I did that method for the BBQ grill and got surprisnig results-good ones. I do no fumesEasy Off in the oven. We are hard on it w/ cherry pie and grease.

Hikr00-its a life saver as i can bring it if i want. I put the loss in the folder in a pocket backwards. Yeah i wanted an island so bad I put a card table in the middle-disaster! people just stacked it up. So I bought a nice formica brown table w/ a fold down leaf on each side.
    L.O. free pizza for breakfast,luch and prob. dinner.

Anyone have a spare ARK I am having such huge rain. I am praying the sump can handle it. And that the man cleared the sewer line enough. So no lawn work yea! but garbage day foiled too. All the summer furniture I covered in the tree string caterpillars (dont know the real name) or what tree their from. Oh no ant killing either darn it.
    I have to research our new ins. I cannot tell you how much I still want the COBRA. Premiums non withstanding I am scared to let it go but it is over Aug. anyway. We sure rode that one. They will be glad to dump us. Against common sense I am going to make choices on the computer during the storm.lol

NIKO-here is me! I broke the DW tray by overloading,the Honda mower deck by cutting too tall grass,the wheels are cracked on the plastic of the other one. Tired of dealing w/ old stuff and getting the blame. DH still insists I clogged the sewer line w/ a few canned goods. He calls and asks how the house is not me lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW... exactly. That was the business but here.. at home... before we moved in the trailer and had to totally redo it he used friends. Not that that wasn't what they did for a living but... ( although I don't know how ) but like the plumber. HE may have been good... or good at one time .. but he had his relative do the $hit and he did a $hit house job of it. It needs to be looked at and fixed but that's money we no longer have. I wanted to have all the crap looked at before we gave up the business and fixed so it wouldn't hopefully come up later when there DEFINITELY wasn't any money but... that isn't looking promising unless I can pull something outta my butt. Not as good at that as I once was. And the roof where the trailer part meets the deck when it rains hard has water running down the siding in places and the roof of the deck ( oriental board ) gets wet. Sure that's a problem waiting to happen. Oh.. there's more. I don't see getting any of it looked at unless I can pull off a miracle.

Just jumped in to say on the prescriptions ( cause that's the point I've caught up to ) if anyone has a Publix they have a lot of free antibiotics. The most common ones and also metformin on their free list. I believe there's a couple BP meds too but I can't take them. I cough my head off so hard I puke.

Back to catching up and doing whatever cleaning I can do. I put on eggs to boil for deviled eggs. Easy, protein especially for him and ... just plain easy
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gaja - glad dd is better. hope they can tell you what caused it. i sure wish someone would give me a bunch of snacks and tell me to go to my room and relax. your daughter has a beautiful singing voice and the song was nice to listen to.

SO - enjoy every minute of your redo. such fun to pick out new stuff. will be looking forward to the after pics. i clean my racks in the garbage bag too. i spray them with oven cleaner and twist tie shut and then take outside in the sun overnight. seems to work pretty good.

I got out and walked this morning and a nice breeze but muggy. I had some flowers to plant and a shrub to trim but then the sun came out and really uncomfortable so will table all of that until tomorrow. Turned on a/c and cooled down now. I made a spaghetti casserole and baked it. Now we can eat whenever we want. I feel like a no structure day.

I have a stack of things to read that is getting out of hand so I think i will just go thru that pile today and relax. Will get my master list ready and then hit is tomorrow. I did a big food shop yesterday so I can menu plan alittle better.

Enjoy a nice day everyone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Niko-so sorry. I have damaged drywall from a roof leak about 5 yrs. ago in the family room.,the front hall from 2 yrs ago,and the MIL apt. I live in fear of mold when its finally done. I am cattle prodding people to get their crap out of there. DD did a bunch and now i have stuff I cant get rid of myself like an entertainment center and a fold up computer desk/cabinet. Add to the secret fund for the water heater and the freezer I just finished. Next is the furnace. So sick of that song. Its hard not to lose my mind and start just hiring people and spending like a rock star. If I were 10 yrs. younger or had a bigger 401K I still might.
    Sorry about all the worries.
    The first HBP meds I had made me so dizzy I couldnt cross a room and like things were crawling under my skin. This one works better-did you try multiple. The beta blocker are rougher. I didnt know they slowed your heart. He "forgot" to mention that?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    For now... short list
    unload dishwasher and reload with what's there. Won't start until full
    trash in bathroom and a walfart bag put in
    check washer and dryer for who the crap knows whats in there as he was the last to use it. If anything in there will finish and put away... maybe

that's it for now. See how my back and hips go today.
    Dang ... actually got those few done.
    So will add for either today or split up with tomorrow ...

Pots and pans hand washed
    Top of stove cleaned off ( hate hate hate glass top )
    Downstairs floor swept/mopped
    Our bathroom mopped
    The 3 throw rugs washed
    Kitchen swept/mopped
    Living room swept/mopped
    Chair at counter... crap moved off it
    Have a crap ton of coupon inserts mailed to me. Get some of them cut and bindered

Oh yeah... this will DEFINITELY be split between the rest of today and tomorrow

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4