2016 To Do Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 351 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't usually post here, but I'll try for awhile. I normally just do things when I get the urge. Some days I do a lot, some days I do nothing at all!
    Here's what I NEED to do today:

Load dishwasher and generally clean kitchen
    Gather up piles of cardboard boxes from Christmas and get them to the curb for tomorrow's garbage pick up
    Sweep leaves out of garage

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think Kohl's is one of those stores that mark prices up so they can mark them down, so it looks like more "savings". Our local Shopko does that too. Like I'd ever pay $30 for two air-bake cookie sheets in this universe or any other, but the $10 "sale price" was okay. Just my cynical opinion.

Today I got 24 shields all cut out for the DfG project, so those are ready to sew. I used up a couple good-sized chunks of fabric, so that's a win for my sewing room. Still have to cut bags and liners. I'm debating if I want to do all the cutting and then all the sewing, or just do it in batches based on what needs to be sewed.

I'm sort of coasting through my day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to need a twin to keep up with both threads so reading over here but will stay with the other thread until 2016.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So glad I got one of my 3 to do's done last night. Needed to stay over an extra 4 hours at work today and came home at 6:30 exhausted. I cleaned out the fridge and decluttered the desk top but did what my dad would call a half-assed job. (Pardon the language)
    I'm going make 2 to do's on my work days, and 4 on my day's off and see how that works out for me.
    My new list:
    1)take quick inventory of what is in freezer above the fridge. Want to base next weeks meals on what is in it (respite client coming tomorrow thru the 6th)
    2)file or discard the paper piles on the desk

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

yes,lets all move over here?? Its so close anyway and this bouncing is confusing my sad little brain.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to try my darnedest to post on a regular basis. I followed the 2015 thread from beginning to end. I feel like I know all of you regular posters. It is the first thread I read every day! I'm more of a lurker but I need to join this challenge to keep me accountable.

I work 8:30-4:30 and come home and have found myself getting lazier and lazier in the evenings. Then when weekends roll around I spend the entire time catching up. This has got to stop.

My DS is a junior in college and lives off campus and my DD is a sophomore in high school. They don't need me much anymore and I find myself with way too much time on my hands.

So for Wednesday the 30th I will:

1. Empty dishwasher and reload
    2. Wash, dry and put away 1 load of laundry.
    3. Sweep floor

Hope to become a regular and join the fun!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

S.O. glad your going to join. I also read this thread because the others remind me of things I should be doing.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I managed to accomplish 2 out of 3 yesterday.
    So for today:

1. Sweep leaves out of garage
    2. Laundry - now let's see if I can actually get it washed, dried and put away on the same day! (I usually don't)
    3. Take down Christmas tree and put away

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did really well yesterday. Today I would like to finish up the laundry, finish the master closet, and mop/vacuum the floors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Skipped the rescue due to my window slipping out of place on the drivers side. I need to go get it repaired but Dh's boss "lost" his W-4. And now the "check is literally in the mail". Um. Trust issues. So I drove DD in and it slid down 5" again. So tomorrow I will head for repairs?

pluuging away at the pantry
    got the dishes flipped and going again
    DD to work

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really think that van is trying to tell you it's ready for retirement.

I got dog food made and some progress on the chair project and cleaned up the kitchen. Don't know if I'll get anything else done except maybe make a grocery list. I'm tired today.

Oh, yeah, the stove is acting up again. When it happened the first time, I thought maybe it was just that I had turned a burner off and on quickly several times because there hasn't been any problem since. But today it hadn't been touched since I made supper last night, so that's not it. The oven wouldn't light either, so I left the door open and smelled gas, which isn't normal for that stove. Then when I went to light the burner with a lighter, it worked fine. I really think that thing has to go. I won't live with an unsafe gas appliance and it's not worth fixing a twenty-year-old basic stove we've never liked. So I think we'll be watching the appliance sales closely. Good timing, at least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

S0 - welcome! It's weird, I forget that "other" people read these threads too! Glad you joined and became one of us!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whoops, I posted today in 2015! I missed our move.

Welcome StartingOver! Glad to have you join us. Hoping 2016 is calmer for us and I'll be able to get back to daily posting

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bought groceries and laundry done. Didn't get the house cleaned, but I did go see LOVE THE COOPERS. DM loved it Will get the house cleaned tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great job everyone!
    After work today I did get some of the desk paperwork decluttered. One pile that I had decluttered and put away yesterday my dh asked for today. I had to get most of it back out as he stated it was important, yet it had sat there for weeks. I may need to get him a basket of some kind to place his stuff in so it at least looks nice and organized.
    Also looked through the freezer and asked husband to do the same so he knows what is available to make this week while respite client is here. Today we used up the frozen yogurt and some of the frozen raspberries to make smoothies for dessert tonight. He is now making a chicken casserole and using up some of the frozen mixed vegetables. For supper we used up a partial bag of Obrien potatoes. I want to use it up, clean the freezer, than refill from the larger freezer.
    My tomorrow list is:
    1) clean my bathroom
    2) declutter my closet.

Page 2 of 351 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast