2016 To Do Challenge - Page 204
Page 204 of 351 FirstFirst ... 104154194201202203204205206207214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Friday!

ILC, Happy Birthday to your DS!! You get birthday cake and ice cream too!!
    I get my chicken the 23rd, looks like I need to order hamburger soon too. Is this your first order? I love their chicken, its not brined and is always really tender.

SD, What beautifull pups! Thanks for the link.
    Funny you have a lone loon, we have a lone goose, he sounds so sad, we think his mate died. its really sad to see him by himself.
    Are you ready for you big sale?

FW, WTG on your decluttering! you can come do mine next!

Tine, have fun with your visitor and wedding. Hope you are feeling much better. WE have trees that grow here but wont grow where ILC is. I would love to have a pecan tree or cranberry bush, but neither will grow.

Bernice, Thinking about you and the wedding,

Niko, Hows it going?

Gbug, hope you are winning big!

EB, WTG with the dentist, you lucked out big time!

RABBIT, Thanks!

Hikr, save your recipies for me! Have fun with those Gkids and your pool!

My brain quit, hi to ones I left out again..

We still dont have the garden all in, I wonder if we will ever get it done. I guess down around the springs, they lost their gardens with all the hail. how sad, plus it was golf ball so they lost roofs, cars etc.

Its hot here this weekend, in the 90's, too hot so soon, ac's are going full blast. Guess we wont get much done outside again.
    Renters are still moving out, they changed electric back to our name and started moving, on my tab, feel like turning it off, but then hoping she will clean it up if we dont throw a fit, ha I bet I dont win either way, will see.

Still getting muscle cramps, but learning how to move to avoid big ones, sure wish this would go away.
    I need to lose weight too, just cant seem to take it off, not being able to move sure doesnt help.

The big coon is back, we havent seen his wife, hes alone too. sticks around here at night with the cats, he blends right in. I'll have to see if I can get a picture of him. He must weigh 30 lbs if not more. he sure is a tidy one, he doesnt make messes, well except the water bowl, he leaves it a muddy mess, I think he takes a bath in it!

Today
    stay cool
    dinner
    dishwasher

Have a good weekend!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm back but I'm way behind, from what I did read everyone sounds ok. The wedding was wonderful and my mother did 10x better than I ever thought she could. It was a very unique, small wedding, lots of fun. I saw pictures of myself, OMG, time to diet, no more excuses!

It must be the POTs because I am plain worn out. Sleepy all the time, my body's like a rag doll and getting nothing done. I have to adapt to the new me and stop expecting to have "normal" days yet. I just get disgusted with myself. Goals for today: make appts and do one load of laundry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice--Glad the wedding went well.
    Pinetree--It was more about relaxing than playing, but we did have fun.

Today, I am making zucchini relish. DH got out and tilled the garden where the kale and turnips were. Harvesting some tomatoes, zucchini and yellow squash now. DH and BIL are working on the chicken house today. Hope they make progress. Ready for it to be done. We are suppose to have rain tomorrow. I need to clean flower beds soon. Hopefully I can do it between showers tomorrow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all. I dropped Dd at work and the van went G. Saling. It wasnt me i swear. I found DH A recliner in excellent shape for $15. The chair he sits in is wobbly and I envision it held together by 2 bend bolts??? The issue i have though is DD's gone for a few days and Dh is not capable so I just made mucho work for myself-again. Dummie me. I also bought a few HC books for .50 and a cooler on wheels so DH can help carry for picnics. Oh and a spool of Coaxial cable for DH from the cats as a joke Fathers Day gift. STRING!! $22.50 for mucho entertainment. I shopped at the condos across the way. Everything is cheap and they just want to grab. I miss the walking.

SO bizarrely the girl at the anial shelter issued an apology of sorts to DD over Facebook. DD rebuffed her saying basically thanks for making a hard moment worse. She apparently went to school w/ DD and it was her "last Day". DD said she hoped we had helped w/ that fact. It quite frankly just creeped me out. Most of the girls DD went to school with were entitled to say the least.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning! So yesterday we drove down to Sam's Club and got the tires put on. It's an hour down there one way but they had the cheapest price around and we've gotten tires there before and they've worn well. Anyway, we went down Thursday to get them and found they didn't have them in stock so we ordered them. Went back down yesterday to have them put on. They did put them on and as we were leaving they said "oh after driving 50 miles you have to come back so we can retighten the lug nuts". Ugh...so another two hour round trip today because by the time we drove back home and drive back down our 50 miles is up. So three two hour round trips to Sam's Club and 884 in tires this has been the most unfrugal week ever. Ugh. I am however, relieved to have the tires on. Ours were pretty worn so it was time as I was worried about tire blow out. DH said not to worry but I can't not worry. It's what I do!

So today we will drive back down and get the lug nuts checked. I hauled some stuff back from the old house yesterday so I need to go through that and find where things will go. My MIL and BIL are arriving Tuesday so need to get some cooking done ahead so I don't have to spend quite as much time on it when they are here. My MIL loves my shepherd's pie so I figured I'll brown and season the ground beef now and freeze it. I also want to make some rolls to freeze and reheat. We have leftover poppy seed chicken casserole for supper.

Tine so sorry for the migraine. Glad your MIL is calmer and feeling better.

ILC thanks for the tips in what to watch for nickel allergy. That must not be what I have because I don't have those symptoms. It's so annoying. After 39 years of pierced ears you'd think they'd be more settled by now. I didn't wear earrings on Thursday (the bleeding episode was Wednesday) and yesterday I put some in and those were fine. A little tender going in but then they didn't bother me a bit once they were in. And when I removed them no bleeding and no pain. I have no clue! Happy birthday to your son. Our DD just turned 28 in May. You're right, labor was hard but worth it.

Bernice glad the wedding went well!

Pinetree yay for today's feast for your birthday! Hope you have an awesome party!! You deserve it I wish we had the Zaycon chicken here. I looked and there are no events scheduled for here and nothing comes up on location search either so maybe they don't come to Maine. I have found the same thing you did with the sodium levels of chicken. It's ridiculous. I was planning on doing chicken in the PC the other day but wound up trying a new recipe in the oven with it. Poppy seed chicken casserole. It wasn't stellar. It wasn't awful but needed more seasoning.

earlybird yay for another cozy mystery lover! They are great aren't they? I just love them. One of my favorite series is the Candy Holliday series. The first one is "Town In A Blueberry Jam" by B.B. Haywood. It's set in a fictional town in Maine which is fun too for me being a "Mainah" myself. It's cool as each book is a stand alone mystery but there's a little thread that runs through each book that is sort of tying things together and leading up to something in the future. I'm not sure what but it's intriguing. I'm anxiously awaiting the next one but that's going to be a while. The latest one, "Town In A Cinnamon Toast" was just released in February of this year.

SD this move made me pare down my small appliances a lot. Those wolf pups are so sweet!! I'm glad your lone loon is back. He made it through the winter. This always worries me, winters can be so rough.

FW I have a waffle maker too! LOL. Mine is the round Belgian waffle maker but I could easily dump any others. But then again, I'm not a huge waffle fan. I like them but just don't eat them that often. The carbs are high and I can't / won't eat a waffle without butter and syrup which kills my diet. Now and then I love them but not often.

Ahh time to get moving. Hit the shower and get DH up and moving so we can get to Sam's and get those tires checked. Hope you all have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr00, what I used to do when one of my pierced ears would get sore or bleed is to put a little Neosporin on the post or wire before putting them in.
    Also, I have a lot less trouble when I wear wires instead of posts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hikr, it's extremely easy to tighten lug nuts if you have a torque wrench, and would save you many unnecessary trips. It's good to have one on hand and check the lug nuts now and then as part of routine maintenance. The tire installer could tell you what the torque should be on the lug nuts, or it might be in your owner's manual too. If you're towing a trailer, those lug nuts need to be checked periodically, too. No kidding, it's so simple and quick to DIY it, and the tool would pay for itself.

Today I think we're finally getting rid of the stove. We've been putting it off because moving stuff in and out of this place isn't a lot of fun and/or the weather hasn't been cooperative and/or we've been gone on the days we could do it. But it's getting worse and besides, we're burning up the warranty period for the new one. And I want to be able to use the new one! We need to get the old one out so I can paint behind it and then hopefully the gas guy can come next week to put in the new one. It'll sure be nice to have that out of the family room, too. We have a big analog TV to get rid of, too. Not sure what else but it's not hard to scare up trash around here and we haven't hauled any for a few weeks now. We have a big pile of cardboard to recycle too, so I'm sure we'll have a full load as always.

Gonna be a hot one, mid-eighties and humid. You southerners will laugh but the weather guy was issuing heat warnings last night.

We're hoping to get the dock in today too, but if it's too hot when we get back from the trash run we probably will just sit around. The AC still isn't working and that's a big problem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr00--I hate having to spend money like that.

Spirit Deer--You are so right! I would LOVE to feel the 80s. We are suppose to get in triple digits by next weekend. The humidity is the worst.

I am doing laundry and need to go to the grocery store later. Got to can the relish today. I love the stuff. I could eat it with a spoon by itself. Thought my cucumbers were dead, but I gathered a handful last night, so hopefully will get enough to make DH bread and butter pickles. Planted another row of okra last night. Finally got the door in and the nesting boxes started on the chicken house. It is taking forever, but it will last my lifetime. Plan on getting enough hens to sell eggs to pay for the feed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are supposed to hit the 90+ mark. I think the camping park may be a goal?
    Gotta call mom and go back to bed. I was up til 2 am until DH got back.
    To Do-letting it unwind by itself today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was up early this morning and got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, sorted laundry and threw the first load in, emptied garbages, swept the kitchen and foyer floors and fed the animals. Need to shower as I need to go to Aldis.

DD left a few minutes ago with some friends to attend a music concert in the park today. They know a few of the kids who play in this band. She then is going to a few graduation open houses. Probably won't see her till early evening. Was hoping she would go grocery shopping with me.

Our appliances are here! They are a slate color. I couldn't decide if I wanted stainless steel or black. The salesperson showed me this slate color and I knew instantly that was the right choice. They hope to get our countertops installed late next week.

Haven't heard much from DS. He's working crazy hours for his internship and on his days off he goes to his other PT job as a server. He's also taking a summer class. So he hasn't had much time to get together for lunch and a visit. He's such a hard worker and doesn't ask for much. I text him every now and then to ask if he needs help with anything such as gas or groceries. He always replies "no mom I've got it. I'll let u know if I need help."

All the talk about the Mississippi River brought back memories of my home town. It's where the St. Croix River meets the Mississippi River. It's really something to see. You can tell exactly where the 2 rivers meet. The Mississippi is a dirty filthy brown and the other is more blue. I never understood how they could meet and not mix with one another.

DH got the lawn mowed before it got too hot. He went out around 7:30 and was done by 8:00 so he could shower and go to work by 9:00. Neighbors may not have been happy.

Would like to go see a movie this weekend. Suppose to have temps reach 100. Way too hot for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DD came home at midnight to wash clothes/pack for her beach trip. I had just gone to bed so I got up and we had some mother-daughter bonding time over clothes and shoes. I finally had to go back to bed at 2:45 then at 8-something her boyfriend came by to get her and she was wet from the shower and was still throwing stuff in the suitcase! It was 79 at 8:00 and it won't be getting better for the next few days with very high humidity. We are so blessed we can afford the air conditioning because around here it's killer heat. We even have a saying in Georgia, "It's not the heat--it's the humidity" but the heat by itself is stifling, then add humidity in the 90s and it gets dangerous fast.

We may be able to pick our first tomato today! Several should be ripe tomorrow or Monday then I think it'll all happen at once. DH is so excited about having tomato sandwiches---the classic recipe is white bread, good mayonnaise, sliced tomato, salt, pepper. Still haven't been to our favorite farm stand for peaches since it won't open till probably next week. Oh my, peach cobbler, I've been craving some.

pinetree, a couple of times this week we've seen a big raccoon high up in a tree close to the dog pen. Several summers ago there was a pregnant raccoon that would come onto the screened porch and eat any cat kibble it could find, then later in the summer we saw her with three little babies, all sitting on a branch side-by-side. I have no idea if this is the same one or maybe one of the babies that grew up or maybe just one brand-new to the neighborhood. Enjoy your birthday dinner today! It sounds soooo good!
    DS was pleased with his birthday dinner last night. I got him some snack items he enjoys and the rest of his gift will be his tuition paid for this summer.

hikr, I've had that same problem with my left ear, the side I sleep on. Like wjcalderon said, put a little Neosporin on the post before inserting it. We've gotten tires at Sam's before and have been pleased with them. I know that's a load off your mind----I think women tend to worry more about car mishaps than men do, at least I know I worry about them much more than my DH. Yesterday, for example, he ran out of gas while doing an errand. I didn't even know till sometime last night when he mentioned it. To him it was no big deal. Me, I'm always thinking of how things could go wrong.

Gbug, you have the best-sounding garden! Ours this year is doing very well but we also have only tomatoes and 3 different peppers. Our flowers are doing better than they ever have, though---the established ones and the ones DH planted this year. He got a blue hydranga to turn pink! I forget how---has to do with acidity of the soil----but it is gorgeous, big heads and such a pretty shade.

SD, to me, anything over 80 is hot, then factor in the humidity and it's just miserable. Down here it usually runs from April (May at the very latest) into October. I hate it. Oh, last night I finished Back of Beyond. I had already read the Highway so I had the backstory already but I still enjoyed it. I've now started Badlands that focuses on Cassie.

Bernice, now that the wedding is over maybe some of the stress will be off of you.

fw, a recliner for $15? That is awesome. So your DH got home last night?

Anyone I missed, hi, hope you can post soon.

For Saturday:

1) Plan menus (from yesterday)
    2) Record June's expenditures (from yesterday)
    3) Very possibly take a nap
    4) Stay inside as much as possible
    5) Read my book

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

StartingOver, we cross-posted.

Slate-colored appliances sound pretty. Oh, what fun to have some new stuff! Enjoy!

I hate the summer ---just too hot to enjoy so many things...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Badlands was good, too. That's all I'll say at this point. Didn't you just want to slap Danielle? I hope he never writes about her again!

Got the stove hauled out along with some scrap metal that seems to accumulate, the cardboard to recycle, and the TV. There's only one large analog (heavy) TV left in the house now so that's a relief. Don't think we'll be doing much else today.

We haven't watched CNN in years and now Husby is glued to, as he puts it, "The Trump Show." Hopefully he'll get sick of it soon. There aren't enough blood pressure pills in the entire world.

Something's blowing in here so I'm glad the dump run is done. It's not supposed to storm here till tomorrow but the weather geeks are always wrong. We talked about working on the dock but we can't leave it partially done, so I think it'll have to wait. The greenhouse roof leaked in the storm yesterday but I suspect the little tiny gutters on it just backed up in the deluge. We got 2.25 inches in a very short time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, here's your lake report!

We got the dock in and leveled, under the inquisitive supervision of a few thousand little one-inch fish fry. They sure seemed curious about it all.

Our lone loon was in the cove, too. He didn't seem at all alarmed by us and just kept fishing and diving. Sometimes he was only about twenty feet away from us. When we got almost finished, our loon started to display, standing on his tail and flapping his wings. So cool! I wish he had brought a mate this year but he's still all alone. I did hear some other loons calling from farther down the lake though, so maybe he can talk to them.

The crayfish were around too. When we left, there were three of them sunning themselves on an underwater rock just off the dock, so apparently we didn't disturb them either.

We're debating about moving the dock back where it was but haven't decided yet. It would take a lot of work to improve the shoreline there, but where it is now, we have to take the dock apart in the fall and put it together in the spring, which is getting harder and will get harder yet as we get older. In the old spot, we could leave the frame assembled which made things easier. Who knows? Husby would have to do most of the work and it would be backbreaking, moving boulders and stuff like that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

88 degrees here currently. Was super dizzy and nauseous most of the day. Better than I was but i am chicken to flare again so I will laze for today. Dh's recliner is in the back of the van still. Everything is on hold from the heat anyway. Dumb neighbor was power washing the deck. He just cant leave it alone even on the ozone action days.
    DD is off at rehearsal hopefully not in all the full garb. She doesnt do heat well like her dad and also me now because of certain meds. DH is still wiped out. This was too much for him. Rough way to make a living.