2016 To Do Challenge - Page 205
Page 205 of 351 FirstFirst ... 105155195202203204205206207208215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice - glad the wedding went well and your mom did good. rest up.

hikr00 - not too long ago i finished the hannah swensen mysteries by joanne fluke
    i like mary daheim b&b mysteries too. there are so many i could never real them all.
    have you seen Cozy Mystery List | A Guide to Cozy Mystery (and Other Favorite) Books and DVDs . its a goldmine for cozy fans. i will check the library for the books you mentioned. i keep a list of series to read so i never run out.

SD - bet your house looks empty with one less stove. hope you enjoy cooking on your new stove soon.

SO - i will look up slate colored appliances. it does sound like a good color.

i dont know if it makes a difference but every couple months i put all my earrings in peroxide to soak for a while. keeps them nice and clean.

it was hot here today (probably 90) and then it rained. supposed to get cooler and then hotter. i guess its summer. my new quilt came so i got it washed and ready to go. i liked it online but when seeing it in person i love it. it will make the room look so nice. did all the laundry and went to walmart. wasted alot of time on computer today.

tomorrow i will get out early and get my walk in. after that i will check the list and pick a couple things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--I am getting a few tomatoes. They are so good. My plants are loaded. I have 5 hydrangeas. Two are hot pink and the other three are multicolored pink, purple, and blue. They are gorgeous.

We had a light rain today which was good for the garden. Got the laundry done and the zucchini relish canned. DH mowed the lawn and finally got the toilet fixed. We went to see Now You See it 2 and it was good. I then had a mystery shop at a steakhouse. It was a bar shop so we ate appetizers at the bar. Also booked a $5 phone shop for tomorrow. Easy money with very little work. Finished another book today and now I am out of reading material.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpg

Hi All! I have been busy with family stuff but skimming through here when I can. My Phoebe kittie was sitting at a window looking out. Usually it is a bird, gray digger or rabbit she sees. I was so surprised to see this baby! Very tiny, we figure just a day or 2 old. It. Was at a basement window so I was eye to eye with this little guy. Never seen one right up close and wow they are beautiful. I snapped a quick picture from inside the window then left it alone and fretted all day. I had an appointment to go to and it was gone when I came back. That was on Wednesday and today we saw momma and baby walking around our yard.

Every year we have a momma that has a baby on or near our property but we do not usually see them until bigger. There was one other year I saw a baby.....actually I heard it first. Crying horribly it was trying to get through the fence. When it saw me it ran to me! Hubby was yelling from the house " leave it alone!" That is sooo hard for someone like me that thinks they need to rescue everything! I was able to quickly get the gate open so it could get over with momma. Yes I know we have to leave them alone! I do not want to be one of those idiots we hear about putting it in my car because it is cold. I could never live with myself if I caused a needless death of one of these precious creatures! It is very hard for me not to worry myself silly over that little baby though. Luckly it is a pretty safe, secluded area.

Miss you all......I will be back next week t catch up!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all, so yesterday didn't turn out at all like I envisioned. hahaha. My Dad came over with his lady friend to check on the size stringers we need for the bulkhead stairs so we invited them to stay for lunch. I had steak tips planned thawed for us for today so moved those to yesterday's lunch and fortunately had more than enough. I threw some potatoes in the Instant Pot and cooked them for 15 mins so they were fork tender then tossed them on the grill with the tips. I spritzed them with olive oil and dried minced onion and they were so good. I had a loaf of Italian bread so I sliced that nearly all the way through and stuck butter pats, cheese and dried garlic in between the slices, wrapped it in foil and threw that on the grill too. Very easy meal and tasted good too. Dad is doing well post heart attack and behaving himself where his menu is concerned he said. They left and another friend of ours showed up with the kids. The kids wound up in the pool (as kids usually will haha) and we had a nice visit with them too.

I had purchased some fabric to make my MIL a nightgown for her birthday so I started cutting that out. I hope to sew it today. Her birthday isn't until August but she will be up here visiting this week so I figured I could send it back with her and save us the shipping cost. I had bought a handmade dip container last fall at a craft fair. It's the cutest thing. The base is round with blueberries on it (she has blueberry dishes) and you fill that with ice. You set the second dish on top and put your dip in that piece. She hosts card games for her friends at her house and always serves snacks and she loves dip so that should work well for her. Hopefully she'll like it. I need to finish the nightgown today and wrap the stuff. I'm not sure if they are arriving tomorrow or Tuesday.

WJCalderon thanks for the tip about the Neosporin on the earrings. I'll try that on the posts. I alternate between posts and wires frequently but like you said, it seems to be the posts that bother me the most. Sometimes I"ll have a little sensitivity with the wires but it's very, very mild and almost not noticeable.

SD oh I thought you'd already moved the old stove out and installed the new one! Oh yes, get that new baby in there. Like you said you don't want to burn through the warranty on the new one in case something happens (long shot but you never know). Mid 80's and humid is not my kind of weather either. I don't know how the Southerners handle it because I am a hot mess once it hits the 80's and humidity does me in even faster. We usually get days like that in August. Although it can get to mid 80's any time in the summer with low humidity but the biggest humidity seems to be in August. Were you able to get the gutters cleaned out in the greenhouse? I loved the lake report

GB glad you got the nesting boxes in. You'll have some happy chickens. You can't beat fresh eggs just out of the nest. My Mom used to make bread and butter pickles! I still can remember the smell through the house when she had that project going. She canned quite a bit when I was a kid.

FW 90 degrees?? Yikes, not so good. That's wilting weather. Did you make it to the camping park? Is there a beach there so you can take a dip and cool off? Nice haul on the recliner. Yahoo! Your poor DD rehearsing in the heat. So glad it wasn't in full garb. That would have been way too hot.

SO yay for the new appliances! I don't think I've seen the slate color but I bet it's pretty. And you've got the high temps too?? Highs here only in the mid 60's. Rain too.

ILC Mother / Daughter bonding time is precious! Glad you got a chance to do so. Yes, I bet living in GA you get the high heat and humidity right through till late fall I'm guessing?? AC would be a must in those conditions. We have a portable AC unit but we don't have to use it very often. We usually get a week or so in August with the heat and humidity that's miserable and we need it but most of the time it isn't too bad. You watch, now that I've said that we'll need it all summer. You mention of your DH running out of gas reminded me when DD was dating her first boyfriend. She had mentioned to me they'd run out of gas and he had to push the car and have her steer to the closest place to get gas. OK...that stinks. I was feeling badly for him thinking this high school kid working and hoping to take his girlfriend out and not having enough gas money etc. So I mentioned something to her about the cost of gas and she said "oh he doesn't pay for the gas because it comes from his Dad's shop". WHAT?? I said "ok then, if he can't manage to get his behind to his father's shop to get gas before he gets dangerously low and runs out while on a date with you then I know how to fix that. Tell him I'll drive you to and from your dates so we can ensure there will be plenty of gas". HAHA!! He never ran out of gas again Aww gee, and all that time I thought I was fun to have along, guess not

EB I had not seen that list of cozy mysteries so thank you so much for that. I pinned it for future reference. Do you use Goodreads.com? I love that site too. It's basically a site to keep track of what you've read, what you want to read etc. And once you rate several books they will make recommendations on books to read based on what type of books you've read and rated etc. It doesn't list out though cozy mysteries all in a group though like the page you sent. If you get the Hallmark Mysteries and Movies channel they have some Hannah Swenson movies out. Also several of the Aurora Teagarden mysteries too. I also caught a couple of the Gourmet Detective movies. I read a couple of the Gourmet Detective books as I enjoyed the movies but I didn't love the books as much. Which is odd...usually the books are better but in this case I could take or leave the books but I will watch the movies if they have any more. I'm actually just finishing up a Hannah Swenson book although I haven't read the whole series yet but I"m working on it. I'm on Double Fudge Brownie Mystery. I'll have to look up the Mary Daheim B&B series and see if I can order them through my library (or if my library has them).

TDN what a sweet little baby you've got out there! Glad she / he and Momma are sticking together. North Woods Law on Animal Planet is filmed in Maine and they've mentioned on there that often times Momma will head out to get food or whatever and leave the baby behind but she's coming back. However, like you mentioned, someone sees the baby alone and thinks Mom has deserted it and they intervene and it doesn't always end well. I'm so glad you left the baby alone and just kept an eye out to make sure Mom came back. The phrase we hear all the time is "if you care, leave them there". It's hard though, like you said your instincts are to rescue it but sometimes they don't need rescuing. Now if you see no sign of Mom after a couple of days call the game wardens in your area and see what they recommend.

Pinetree how was your birthday dinner last night?? Hope you had fun!

Hi Bernice, Niko, Rabbit and anyone I missed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stupid squirrel woke me up at six AM rattling the chain on the trash can with the critter food in it. Oh, well.

Husby is walking around all hunched over, so I'm not sure what's going to get done today. Yesterday actually turned out pretty nice. It was hot and humid early, and then the wind picked up and blew in cooler drier air. It was down to seventy about suppertime.

Found my binder with the lists I started about what all needs to be done around here. It's nice to see a lot of it's been done, but I still have lots to put on the list.

Husby suggested we carry the HydroBikes down the hill instead of putting them on the utility trailer. I'll confess I get pretty annoyed sometimes with stupid ideas like that. In the first place the bikes weigh 125 pounds and just lifting them off and on the trailer is sometimes a challenge because they're so big and awkward. Second, our hill is so steep it's hard to walk down it carrying nothing. Taking the bikes down it by hand would be dangerous. I just don't get him sometimes. He's always had the philosophy it's better to do things by brute force than use a tool that would make the job easier. Ugh. He carried all ten dock panels down yesterday instead of loading them in the van or using the utility trailer. Why? Now today he's complaining about how much his back hurts. Well, duh! Self-imposed.

The power steering went out on the truck yesterday. Can't wait to get that bill. But we're feeling lucky that it happened here at home instead of on our trip to SD or Grand Rapids. Husby said the wheel is so hard to turn it's going to be difficult just to get it into town to the mechanic. At any rate, it could have been so much worse.

Yeesh, Husby just came in to tell me about the Orlando shooting. What the hell is wrong with people?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN--Great pic. I love all my creatures.
    hikr00--I envy your sewing. I sew a bit, but want to do more.
    Spirit Deer--What is a hydrobike?

Going to a bilingual service today at church. Our hispanic congregation is making fajitas and we are bringing sides and dessert, so I won't have to cook. I have some pear salsa that I made and chips that I am taking. My food processor's shredder broke yesterday. DH took the whole thing back to Walmart and got a brand new one. Now I just need to replace my dehydrator. Not doing much else today. Going to take it easy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got Husby's hair cut.

I really should turn off the news coverage. It just gets worse and worse.

I also cleared off the family room table, finally. It's not sorted like it should be though. Eventually. Now I have a place to start cutting out angel gowns to sew. I looked up the hospital in Grand Rapids and can't tell if it has a NICU or not, so will have to call them.

Started knitting another gown, too.

GB, HydroBikes are basically bikes mounted on pontoons so you can ride a bike on water. Of course they were invented in Minnesota! Here are ours tied up to our dock last year.

On shore:

Husby taking a spin:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, it must be a man thing about using brute strength instead of brains. My DH suffers from it too.
    You were very blessed not to have the power steering go out on a trip. Scary stuff there.
    Finished Badlands last night and I liked it, but I had a real issue with the little boy being used to help with the bad guys. That was just wrong...still, I hope there will be some more books with Cassie Dewell. The news from Orlando is just horrific. Apparently there was a large cache of weapons found at/close to a rally in LA also, but no shootings.

TDN, love that picture of the fawn! Such a beautiful creature. Stubby the cat brought us a bird yesterday and it was flopping all around on the porch and seemed partially paralyzed so I was thinking oh great, an injured bird on a Saturday afternoon, who in the world do I call? I wrapped it up and put it in a plastic laundry basket for safety in the house. DH came in and he just shook his head and took that bird outside where it promptly flew away. *SIGH* DH and DS had fun laughing with each other about it.

earlybird, that's a good idea about earrings in peroxide. Glad your new quilt makes you happy. I had seen one on the Waverly website at least a year ago but couldn't pay that price so when I saw it at Sam's recently I snatched it up but once I put it on the bed it just didn't look as wonderful as I had always thought, so back it went. Our current comforter is at least 15 or so years old, possibly 20, but I still like it so there's no hurry with replacing it. DH doesn't care one way or the other, which is okay with me.

Gbug, I've read all my library books so tomorrow I have to go back and get some more. I just love the public library. How was the church dinner? Way to go on the rain---we're supposed to get storms starting Wednesday so till then DH will just have to water everything. Our water bill will probably be astronomical this summer if it stays like this.

hikr, that's a great story about what you offered to do for your DD when she was first dating! I bet she was absolutely horrified at the prospect. LOL Good news about your dad doing so well.

fw, how are you today with the dizziness/nausea? So sorry that has happened to you---it makes you feel miserable, I know. Hope you and DH are feeling better. Be good to yourself, rest, take it easy.

pinetree, how was the birthday dinner? We're still enjoying DS's birthday cake and there's a few shrimp leftover that one of us can eat for supper tonight. DH always makes up his dad's special sauce for shrimp and there's not too many things that are better. I hope that your family is spoiling you!

Anyone I missed, sorry, try to post when you can.

For Sunday:

1) Church/breakfast DONE
    2) Unload/load/run dishwasher DONE
    3) Reset den DONE
    4) Read paper/go through any coupons
    5) Stay out of the heat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys!

TDN, oh, how cute! I would worry about that little one too!, too bad they just wouldn't stay back there with you!

Gbug, WTG with the garden!

ILC, Dinner was good, really good, the kids made a potato salad with dill, oh my was it good! Of course the pork was wonderful, then DS, made a hersheys cake and frosting, it was s rich I couldnt eat my whole piece! Thats a first for sure!

SD Thank you for the lake report, seems yesterday it was frozen, love those little fish, DS would have caught the crawdads for dinner... those bikes look better and better every day!! Hope you get to get on them soon.
    I try not to watch the news anymore, man it just keeps getting worse.

SO, I am looking up the slate too, sounds really pretty!

Hikr, I am going to have to try those potatoes, they sound really good. Give ma a coule more days and I will be back to cooking.. I am SO glad to hear everyone is doing well fron their heart attacks, it makes me wonder what I am doing wrong. I cant seem to recover from mine.

FW, how are you doing? Hope you both are getting some rest.

I pulled the same thing yesterday, we got to 91* and of course I had to be in it. I got 2 sides of the weeds pulled from around the house, its got rock up against it, so was pretty easy to pull out, ha, I didnt realize I was over heating. I tried to say in the shade, but was up last night, I couldn't get my heart rate down and couldnt cool off. Today I am still hot but I am cold too. Staying in and taking it easy. We did get the 48 pepper plants in yesterday, so the garden is almost all in, finally.

DH had the guts to open up the rental, so here it is Niko, the kitchen isnt bad, oven is clean, counters, cabinets in good shape, floor is extremely dirty, fridge, should be taken to the dump, oh man is it bad, Back porch carpet is gone, all needs to be ripped out along with the pantry, and utility room, which all three are full of trash

Bedrooms are ok, need paint, and the new floors are swelled at the joints, where they fit together, looks like she used water on the wood floor. ugh.. the yard is full of 5 foot weeds and looks bad.

Now the hum-dinger, the bathroom, the shower is full of mold,even the tub surround has mold, then the tiolet leaked? or the shower? the entire floor is mold, swelled up, and the entire floor needs to be replaced, we just replaced the hot water heater, why didnt she say something? we just redid that bathroom before she moved in,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

will finish now, had to leave for a bit..

ILC, yea, they spoiled me, I wish I would have felt better, I guess I make a good guinea pig, I love trying new things, or tasting too. That potato salad lokks horrible,but boy does it taste good, I'll try to get a picture, Shrimp sounds wonderful, I love seafood, but now alot of it has too much salt.. Are you feeling better now??
    Hety, we are suppose to get to 100* on Fathers Day! But our humidity will be around 15... dry heat here.

Anyway back to the rental, will take awhile to fix.

Did you hear about the 18yr old girl in Co. she broke up with her boyfriend, she went missing, they found her car at a lake the kids fish at, then found the boyfriend on the other side of Co with a girls body in his truck, they are sure its her, I use to live in the small town, I just can't believe it. Whats the world coming to?

Well it almost 1pm, I guess i better get dressed, then take a nap. Dh is complaining he is having trouble breathing, back to the Dr. tomorrow.

I hope this makes sense, I feel like I am all over the place.

today
    goose egg
    play on computer
    sip water
    nap

Have a great Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

busy board today
    TDN-thank you for the picture-just so sweet. And yeah if you get human scent on it you could make the mom reject it.
    Pinetree-sounds delicious. So our birds surprised us. I had thought there were 3 all along and sometimes I only saw 2. Now today I see only 1. They are big and were looking just prefight yesterday but this guy is alone. I hope they havent abandoned him. I think he was born later. But he could be "defective". We will be watching for feeding. We call them the peepers. The rate of growth in about 3 weeks was astounding.

So anyway just a bit weak yesterday evening and tired in a "wrung out" way today. I did the cats pans upstairs,took out the garbage,grilled dogs and played cards w/ Dh catching up and I think I may nap. If I get the lawn done and if I dont,I dont. I am dumping the kids keyboards and IDK if they work or not. No one wants them. A scavenger will grab them I bet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GramB - how do you find the mystery shopper jobs? I have never seen them advertised anywhere. I do surveys for cash and gift cards and that is fun.

TDN - that little deer is so cute. glad you were able to snap a pic. even in an apartment we do see a deer walk by on occasion. this year it seems to be bunnies everywhere.

hikr00 - my problem with the books being made into movies is I get a picture in my mind of the character and usually the movies are way different than my mind. I like the cozy site because i can print out the books in order. when i find a series to read i like to read them from the beginning.

SD - those bikes look like fun. how long do you ride at a time? you probably can just stop pedaling and float when tired.

ilc - this quilt i got was on closeout so a good price. i am changing a bed from twin to full so it is costing me more for the bedding. the last quilt i found at goodwill for 5.00 (twin quilt w/ sham and still tags on both), so i thought i could spend alittle more on this one.
    i still cant get over how happy it makes me when i look at it. cant wait to get the bed.

pinetree - please be careful when the weather is hot.

we had a very hot day yesterday and today it is so nice and cool. the kind of weather you would love everyday. tomorrow i am going to the outlet stores. havent been for years so i am looking forward to the day.

enjoy your evening

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
    hikr00 - not too long ago i finished the hannah swensen mysteries by joanne fluke
    i like mary daheim b&b mysteries too. there are so many i could never real them all.
    have you seen Cozy Mystery List | A Guide to Cozy Mystery (and Other Favorite) Books and DVDs . its a goldmine for cozy fans. i will check the library for the books you mentioned. i keep a list of series to read so i never run out.
    thank you so much for this link! I have not been able to read at all and cozy mysteries are peaceful and not too hard, perfect for trying to get started again. I asked the librarian for a list of cozy mystery series and she suggested Jonathan Kellerman and Lee Childs, I like them but those are not cozy mystery series at all! If anyone has a favorite series, please let me know. I just requested Daheim and Fluke, thx!

I finally finished unpacking today (been a really rough week) and then did a two week grocery shop with my dad because he keeps falling and I didn't want him to fall there. We went to a fancy remodeled store to try it out, it's been open quite a while. Well, I can't walk the whole grocery store without taking breaks and sitting on the benches up front for a little while. Not one bench and the store is huge. I somehow made it to the registers but the bending over to get the food out made me so dizzy, I eventually went down, i was hanging onto the counter so it wasn't too bad. I'm sooooo disappointed that my first big shop went that poorly. I guess I'm going to have to make short trips only in the near future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-please. I dont want to read you cracked your head open! Tough love Detroit style. Get this. Parentgiving.com Cane seat $39.99. It can hang on the cart while you shop. IDK of any larger store w/ benches-not Meijers,Sears,Lowes,Home Depot,Costco,Sams. So why not bring your own. To be honest I got DH a wheeled walker w/ the seat and He really loved it (his initial accident) IF we hadnt doanted it to the churches elder care program he would be using it now. HUGS and hugs. Dont be mad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My 9-year-old granddaughter is here with me for the week.
    Today, we picked blackberries - man, it was hot out there!
    Otherwise, it was a pretty lazy day. She painted a picture while I took a nap.

We ate homemade brownies with homemade vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup. YUM!!!!
    What diet? I have no idea what you're talking about.