2016 To Do Challenge - Page 206
Page 206 of 351 FirstFirst ... 106156196203204205206207208209216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, I have no idea how today is going to shake down. LOL. I have struggled to sleep all night and that was a disaster so I finally just gave up and got up. We had DGD's preschool graduation tonight and I need to finish my housework as MIL and BIL are supposed to arrive tomorrow. MIL will stay with us and BIL will stay in NH with his DD preparing for her HS graduation on Saturday. I need to pick up some flowers for DGDs little ceremony tonight which we are looking forward too. I also need to finish MILs nightgown today. I did get some done on it yesterday but didn't quite finish it.

SD how's DHs back? That doesn't sound good. Why oh why must men "he man" it when moving things?? They are all cut from the same cloth there I think. They'll haul stuff around that you tell them they shouldn't do it that way and they don't listen then they are in pain for the rest of the day and they don't know why. Ugh. Sorry about the steering issue with the truck. Thank goodness it didn't happen on the road on your trip.

GB what types of things do you like to sew? I used to do a lot of DDs clothes when she was little but I've moved onto quilting projects, wall hangings etc. Not so much with the clothes. How was the bilingual service at church?

EB I totally get what you're saying about the new quilt!! When we moved I told DH I was getting a new bedroom set. The one I had in the other house was over 20 years old and honestly, I never really liked it. It was a gift from MIL and it was her taste, not mine. But it was a gift and it did keep me warm so I used it. I had made a quilt for DD out of her old baby clothes and I used that for a while too so I didn't have to see the one that I didn't like from MIL. LOL. Anyway, I went shopping for my new bedding and had such a good time doing it. Found a set I love and it was on sale. I just smile every time I see it on my bed. I love it. You are right about the characters from books forming a face in your mind that doesn't always translate to TV well. Everyone always told me Harry Potter series was amazing. I attempted three times to read the first one. Nope, just couldn't get through it. Did NOT hold my interest at all. So one day I'm sitting on the couch sewing. My lap was covered with fabric and pins etc. A show came on and I paid no attention to it because I couldn't reach the remote without moving the pile of stuff I had on my lap. Well, I found myself peeking at the show and finally gave up on the sewing and was riveted to the screen. Eventually they flash the title on the screen and it's the first Harry Potter movie. It was so odd because the movie totally held my attention and the book did not. That was a first for me.

Bernice I"m glad you're a cozy mystery lover too. They are such fun. I love Ellery Adams Books By The Bay series and she also wrote a Supper Club series under the name of J.B. Stanley. The Donut Shop mysteries by Jessica Beck are good too. I like FWs suggestion of the seat you hang on the cart so you can sit when you need to while in the store.

ILC DD was totally horrified at the thought of Mom hauling she and BF around to their dates. LOL He was equally horrified because he never ran out of gas again Mission accomplished! Stay cool in the heat.

Pinetree yes, definitely try the potatoes once you're feeling up to it. Meanwhile be careful in the heat. That is scary that your heart rate when up and you got overheated. I'm so sorry to hear about the rental issues. That sounds like a terrible mess and a lot of work to fix

FW are you feeling any better? So sorry you weren't feeling so hot and hoping you're improved. I'm sure those keyboards will be snapped up in minutes. Here if you put something by the road with a "free" sign on it the item will be gone in 30 minutes or less.

WJCalderon enjoy your granddaughter! Homemade brownies, homemade ice cream sounds fabulous

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning all. Slept well until Dh's alarm went off at 4 a.m. Of course he went right back to sleep. But the dog got up and I had to go then and here we are.lol

to do
    Make dental appt.
    move vet appt.
    unload Dw
    make attempts to mow the lawn.
    Take DD to work/call Dmom
    maybe pull more for S.A.
    change the bsmt litter before the garbage gets here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit Deer--I want one of those bikes, but with my balance issues probably not a good idea. I miss riding my regular bike. Maybe one day my balance will be restored. It's better, but not perfect.

Early bird--I found them on www.sassieshop.com, but I don't pay to join. I contract with www.admin.sentrymarketing.com and Reality Based Marketing – transforming information into opportunity I put in what area I am willing to shop and they send me emails or I go to the sight and look up jobs. The phone shops are sent to me by email. With sentry you have to do some online training which is very easy for the stores you want to shop. Sentry sends me checks and reality deposits in my account. It takes about 2 months to get paid. I think it is quicker if you have a paypal account. Doesn't pay much, but the meals are reimbursed plus a bit more. We get free meals in the end and I have a little to spend on myself.

DH is still on vacation. It is suppose to rain more today and be very hot. I am going to try to get out and thin and weed my flower beds this morning before the rain comes again. Need to take glass to recycling and still have ironing to do. Didn't make it to church yesterday because the weather had my head feeling funny. I think DH is going to work on the chicken house today, but who knows.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The wedding was so much fun. The couple meet when they were both only 14 years old.

I'm still trying to catch up on your posts.

Today:

Call doctor. I want a referral to physiotherapy for my neck, so the public healthcare pays some of the bill. Done.
    Meal plan.
    Grocery shopping.
    Run dishwasher.
    Laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've decided to change our holiday plans for the summer for it to be cheaper. We'll drive just south of the Danish/German border instead of going to Berlin. The renovations on the house cost a lot, and I don't have an income in July and August.

My BF lived just north of the border for the first years of his childhood, so we might visit that place. There are also some interesting museums in the area. I'm looking forward to se a German prison camp from the second world war.

The northern part of today's Germany belonged to Denmark until we lost a war in 1864. Then we got some of it back after the first world war.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW, I think I'll get that. I have a walker with a seat but there's nowhere to put it when you shop. That would be perfect, thx!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-yeah!!!!! I just dont want you hurt.

-Got the bsmt cat litter done and the 2nd keyboard out-Its a casio so that hurts but bye bye none the less
    -Changed the vet appt. and talked to Dmom
    -I lysoled the heck out of that chair. Seriously thinking out carpet cleaning it. There are a few more dirt spots and I am a freak about possible bugs,or germs.
    -made DH sausage w/ toast and 2 fried eggs.

Need to mow
    call the dentist-nooooo!
    empty DW and start a wash load

Killed 3 thick black dime sized spiders hiding under the cat litter pans. I guess a buggy year brings buggy eaters.
    It seems the black beetles in my window met their demise yesterday. So guys my house-they bite.

Pinetree-1 lone robin left. I hope it flies soon. I havent seen it being fed. I heard it call out. I hope this ends better than it looks so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice, one of my co-workers used a walker with a seat for a while and she found it very helpful. I think it had a good-sized basket that she could put her school supplies in. All the students loved it and wanted to try it out. LOL
    Don't you hate those really big grocery stores? We have a huge Kroger here with a fresh sushi area, a soup-of-the-day bar, very upscale and totally unnecessary. I've been in there a couple of times and hated it---it was absolutely cavernous and took forever to find anything. Just not a pleasant shopping experience.
    The Jonathan Kellerman books are good but pretty gruesome at times so I don't know why the librarian recommended them.

fw, we've found a couple of good things on the side of the road in our neighborhood. Just put that "Free" sign on anything you want gone and that will probably take care of the issue. Spend today resting as much as you need to.

Tine, glad the wedding was fun. Have fun planning the vacation.

earlybird, I too prefer to read a book series in order. Hope you have a good time at the outlet stores.

wjcalderon, how fun that you and your granddaughter get to be together for a whole week! That is very special for both of you.

Gbug, I wish we would get rain. 50% chance of rain yesterday but nothing happened. Today and tomorrow very high 90s but by Wednesday and Thursday the rain chance is up to 90% so everyone is hopeful. And then this coming weekend the lows will be in the low 60s. Crazy summer weather.

hikr, sorry about the sleep issue last night. I had the same thing so a nap may be in order today. As to Harry Potter---I started reading them because my son, who was about 12 at the time, was reading the books and he loved them. A lot of folks I knew were trying to boycott the books because they "promoted witchcraft" which I wanted to find out. To make a long story short, I have the whole series plus The Tales of Beedle the Bard and reread them all every year or so. Love Harry and his friends and the whole good-vs-evil theme. Plus we have all the movies. A friend and I plan to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando within a year or so. Apparently lots of folks our age go there---it's not just for kids. Truly a magical world that J. K. Rowling created!

pinetree, is your potato salad made with mustard or mayonnaise or what? Dh and I love p.salad but try not to make it too often since it's so fattening. Take care of yourself today and make DH go to the dr. if he's not feeling better! This heat is nothing to fool around with. I wish all of us here at FV could come and help get the rental in good shape. What a pain and an expense. How oh how could they let it get that way?

Feeling a little dizzy this a.m. because my sleep was so poor last night--I think I spent too much time watching the Orlando news yesterday. But I don't have anywhere to go, and DH is taking the dogs to the river, so I can be lazy for a while if needed.

For Monday:

1) Catch up on Bible reading
    2) Vacuum our bedroom
    3) Sweep screened porch
    4) Gather donation items
    5) Maybe a nap

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--We are suppose to have rain this afternoon and tomorrow morning, but the humidity is unbearable and the temps are suppose to be in the upper 90s by the weekend. Got the front flowerbeds done and herb done. Still have my large side bed that I am going to do tomorrow. The chicken house is coming along. Got the ironing done and a book ready to mail. Think I will spend the day needlepointing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, If they aren't feeding it, put it in a box, with air holes, and paper towels, or towel and take it into the humane society, they use to take them here, until we got the wild life refuge in here. Alot of times they dont want people to know where they take the birds, they try to keep it a secret, at least here. To catch it throw a light weight towel over it and its head so it cant see, it will calm it right down. Or you could feed it but you have to do it every 2-3 hours. Its easy but has to be done alot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are having severe weather today, DH is covering the garden, saved milk jugs and big pop bottles, cutting off the bottoms and covering the plants, larger plants get the large black tree pots, turned upside down, or a big tarp tied down over the tops on cages.. its saved the garden several times, praying the hail doesnt wipe out the cars, windows, and roofs. Tornados will hopefully be no where around.

Taking it easy again today, took a nap yesterday, laid down at 2pm, got woke up at 6:30 for dinner, back in bed at 9, out of bed this moring at 9am, and I am still tired, eating watery things, like cantalope, grapes trying to get my water back up, only thing is I am suppose to count it on my water intake., oh well, I'm going over a bit for now, either that or I'm eating salt from the shaker!!

ILc, um I have no idea how that potato salad was made, they told me it was Mom safe so I ate it! I'll see if I can find out. I did pig out on the pork, it was so tender and good.

Sounds like everyone is having a good summer and getting alot of things done, while I lay in bed and read about your adventures.. Its like reading a new book everyday, theres so much going on!

I hope everyone is feeling better, Tine I hope you get the help you want and need!

I have to get better soon, I have all that chicken coming, my rental is down and icky, my laundry is stacking up. Friends are still waiting for trees and plants. but I think they will have to wait, its hard to transplant stuff with all the heat.

i'm reading so I'm keeping up with all of you, just not writing much..

which reminds me, SD, let me know how 'my' bike is doing this year, I'm getting kind of excited about hearing about it!! I keep thinking about those little fishes, love them like that they are all eyeballs!!

Have a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I was looking for the winch to level the dock the other day, I found a bright orange (rusty) cast iron griddle in the garage. I can't for the life of me recall where it came from. The dump maybe? At any rate, I'm tickled because now I have another piece of cast iron to refurb and then I'll have a nice CI griddle to use on the new stove. I'll post some pics when I start it. I wonder what Husby did with my battery charger.

ILC, the trick with making potato salad doable is to use lower fat or no fat mayo (or my preference, lower fat sour cream mixed with lower fat mayo) and mix in veggies that add crunch but not calories, like onions and celery. IOW, minimize the high calorie ingredients as much as possible. The potato chunks can be cut smaller too, so they go further without adding more calories or carbs. The biggest part of making it work is, of course, smaller portions, like a half cup. That way you don't have to give it up completely. WW and some other weight loss cookbooks I have include potato salad recipes. Let me know if you're interested. I can't remember which ones I've used though.

Hope your dizziness goes away. The Orlando news is certainly disheartening, and the rhetoric that's bound to follow about assorted related issues isn't going to make anyone feel any better either. Can't we all just get along?

GB, balance isn't an issue at all once you're on a HydroBike, but of course getting off and on one can be tricky. Although they won't tip even if you stand on one side, they will move so you have to have something stationary to hang onto, like a dock post, when getting off and on.

Bernice, glad the wedding went well and you're all home again safe and sound.

Hikr, Husby's back is fine now. At least he hasn't been complaining about it lately. I'll be happy to get the truck fixed. We want it before we go to the Cook sale because nobody wants to clean out the van. We're taking the utility trailer either way because I'm hoping to find some eight- or ten-foot counters for the greenhouse.

Tine, your travel plans all sound like fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC, I do hate those giant grocery stores but when they opened this huge one and made it all fancy, changed the name, they closed the last small grocery store we have. Bummer. I think they are trying to compete with Whole Foods and I suspect prices will go up accordingly.

pine tree, take good care of yourself, the rest can wait

some cozy mysteries are in at the library, just have to get over there to get them, I'm so glad I saw those posts, thank you!

I spent all day making necessary phone calls, crazy how much time it all took

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Anyone who has trouble getting to the library, check your library's website and see what's available for e books. I love downloading books to my Nook e reader, but you can also read right off your computer and then you don't have to physically go out and get books.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-yeah,nope. I dont feed birds. But he's gone anyway. I hope he flew off.
    I really just think he was a later egg. I just didnt want him falling and Mackey-well being Mackey.

It was drizzling and now going to storm. So no chair scrub,no lawn mow. Kinda want to veg. I think I'll make either tacos or nachos for dinner?? Although pancakes sound good too. Dh is always up for breakfast food.

BBL.