2016 To Do Challenge - Page 207
Page 207 of 351 FirstFirst ... 107157197204205206207208209210217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD, I have a really great library for everything but e-books. There's always a 40 person wait list for any popular book and they don't have much in literary fiction. It's annoying. If you have an iPad, you can use the nook or kindle apps for free and read books on there or on your phone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For all of you readers, I get my books from BookMooch: trade your books with other people. You post books that you want to get rid of and get points. People will request books that you have and you mail them. When you mail them media, it is less than $3. Then you can take your points and request books from other members and they will send them to you. You can choose favorite authors or genres. I have been doing this for years and love it. I even have received books for my grandkids.

Getting busy as the week goes on. Got a free carton of Catsip in the mail. It is milk for cats. We shall see. Today I have to:

1) Make cookies for vacation bible school
    2) Work at the food pantry
    3) Keep two little girls tonight for a few hours.(Doing this through the summer to make a few bucks.)
    4) Hopefully work in flowerbed if it isn't raining later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-used to do that w/ Scholastic as a home schooler and get a ton of points and give the teachers books too.

So not even dressed yet but I fixed the printer,paid the home owners,and printed my overdue proof of ins. and the policy. My printer has had both cartridges emty for awhile and its a Walmart printer for $19 several Christmases ago. So...
    Next I hope to get the actual physical copy of the homeowners. Whee.

We have his surgeon visit at 2:45. I hope he can ditch the cast and that he didnt mis align anything when he fell in the dog fight. He said he has been walking on it up to a mile a day when he was away. And I notice he hardly ever uses the cane so prayers we are still progressing.

As far as
    to do
    ?? I may get the chair shampooed and its supposed to rain again.
    The lawn sits
    need to throw that load
    and the DW is still full.
    I hope to make Tacos for lunch or dinner

Hope everyone is well and having a good day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everybody be sure to read this from Admin: https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...post4112356649

Think up a good password using numbers, upper and lower case letters, and something that's not in a dictionary, and write it down so you can remember it a year from now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, let us know how your DH's appointment goes. Prayers and good thoughts going up!

Gbug, I'm glad you found a way to bring in some money. Two little girls would be fun--dress-up, playing princess, coloring, stuff like that. I always found that little ones are fascinated by modeling clay and Play-Doh too, and it's only a dollar at Dollar Tree. How old are they?
    How's your weather? Our forecast has changed again, of course. Now it's rain tomorrow and Thursday instead of today and tomorrow, plus only 93 today instead of 99. Yesterday was 98 here; the heat index in a small town close by was 113. Friday is supposed to be 100 but only in the 80s over the weekend. All I'm sure about is that it's miserable and our electric bill is going to be awful.

SD, when is the Cook sale? I seem to remember it's this month???

Bernice, I too hate having to make phone calls. Need to make 3 today since I forgot them yesterday.

pinetree, what's happening with your weather? How bad did it get? Any damage?
    You know I'm praying for you.

Everybody else, where are you?

I was so excited all day about Major Crimes's new season starting last night. Went to watch it in our bedroom so DH could watch the den TV and naturally I promptly fell asleep and didn't see a bit of it. I felt so stupid. I'll need to watch it online or something. But earlier in the day while DH was gone I did go through the piles of stuff on the floor on his side of the bed and threw away a bunch of stuff and organized the rest so I could vacuum there. He's going to lunch with friends on Thursday so I'm going to plow through his closet and get rid of some stuff he doesn't even know he has.

For Tuesday:

1) Make 3 phone calls about appointments
    2) Work on mid-month finances
    3) Catch-up on Bible reading (from yesterday)
    4) Get DH to help me with moving a couple of pieces of furniture
    5) Clean off table next to DH's chair

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, check your TV schedule because Major Crimes is on several times a week.

The Cook sale is Friday. Very curious what they'll have. We haven't been going to sales much so this will be fun, and have been skipping thrift stores, too, even the local one.

Trying to figure out how to redesign the bike trailer to cut the cost. I don't want to put as much into it because if we move off the lake and don't buy another lake place, we would most likely sell the bikes, so would hate to put a ton of money into a trailer and then not use it more than a couple more seasons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-thank you .I will but the dang dizzyness just hit again so I hope I can even go.

Finished downloading another copy of my homeowners for DH to keep in his file. He asks for this stuff and looks puzzled when I actually get it to him.lol Need to give him the last 4 months acct. of our (my) bill paying. Poor boy wants to know where money goes. Go figure. Gosh its nice to get the scan/printer working again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have never done e-reader books from our library. I know they have e-readers you can borrow to see if you like it. I have a kindle fire but honestly i havent read a book from it yet. I have a book on there but i am just used to actual books. I will put that on my list of things to do though.

I either get books from the library or the thrift store. The thrift store books i just return to the thrift so they can resell them.

fw - hope the report is good at the docs today. kudos on fixing your printer too.

hikr00 - i have all the harry potter movies but have never read the books. maybe someday. we watch the movies every winter all in a row.

GB - thanks for the shopping info. i will check it out.

SD - thanks for the heads up on a new password. I stink at thinking up good ones so I will put my thinking cap on and start now. i wish you great bargains at the sale.

my sister and i have been walking everyday. today we decided to "walk" at the discount store. we both found lots of stuff but i will return all the clothing i got. i hate trying on at the store because i get too hot. i have realized that my brain has a distorted image of my size. everything too small and will go back tomorrow. need to get more serious about living healthier.

well must tear myself away from this computer. everyone have a wonderful afternoon. hugs to those who need it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, you are probably wondering about all the flood warnings etc. we are having really hot weather which melts the snow fast in the mountains, which then, rivers can only handle so much, its usually 80* now not 90-100, its melting too fast, the slower it melts the more we get to use it cause it fills up our lakes, this way it flows to the next state, Nebraska on this side,
    yesterday there were a few funnels, rain, not as bad as they said. now its 90-100 again, covered the garden for nothing..
    Still feeling like garbage, was awake most of the night, thats what I get for taking that nap! Thanks for the prayers.

SD, thanks for the heads up. Sure wish I could hit the cook sale, I hope you find everthing you need. Hey I am interested in your potato salad recipies!!.Any recipes that will help me..

FW good Luck with the DR. Praying he gets really good news.

Gbug, sounds like things are going well.

Berice, SO happy you had a good time at the wedding. Hang on, you will get back to where you were,, hugs...

So, still havent looked up slate!

EB, I'm scared of my library, last time we were there it had a notice of bedbugs.. that kinda hangs on a persons memory...

Hikr,,, hang on still not there,,, just cant get my strength back.

hi to ones I missed, niko, RABBIT,...

not much on my list again, I'm just worn out. So will do what I can..

Have a good day.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--The girls are 2 and 6. I use to keep the younger one when she was 3 months old until I had my stroke.

Got cookies made for VBS only to realize I probably shouldn't have made peanut butter because of allergies, so I promptly put them in the cookie jar and made snickerdoodles. I also got more zucchini relish marinating before processing tomorrow. I also made vegan strawberry ice cream to have for the weekend. Taking shampoo and laundry detergent to church to give to the single mothers ministry that we support also cereal and tuna for the food pantry donation. I wake up every morning and the first thing I think is who can I help today. I'm sure that is why I am feeling better. The hate I keep hearing about in this world really depresses me, so I have decided that if I could help one person a day, then my depression would lessen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - OH NO bedbugs. never thought of that. i read in bed too. i will definitely ask about this at my library.

GB - what a wonderful way to think every morning. definitely food for thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ok. So Dh went alone because i was so dizzy and sick to my stomach from it. The Dr. said he is going to have to wear the boot for 2 more months until his Aug. 9th appt. becasue his ankle is actually starting to auto-fuse. But its delicate right now so keep the boot on for walking. If we can truly avoid operation #2 that would be wonderful. Wearing that thing in July and Aug. heat-suckitude! So mixed report.

Cracked my neck and felt a lot better,sugar wasnt high-maybe its just a virus??
    I was able to wrestle a new plastic pad onto the queen bed and make it up.
    I have a load in and another hopefully. I am vowing to working in my room for at least 2 hrs. his week and solve some messes.

Dmom is mad at me because i am not going to my nephews grad. party. DD will be doing renaissance prep stuff (which she gets paid for). I have told my Dmom 3x now I am not going but she is so forgetful/and or insistant I expect at least 1 more go around. I have an invite to my uncles 80th and friends last kids grad.(they have 4) next month also. I guess I am getting very standoffish in my 50's but I get tired of shelling out $$. We are behind in retirement as it is because of DH's health. We havent taken a vacation in 6 yrs. So I am like Grrr more gifts-so cranky!!lol

Need to get out and shampoo my cheap chair.

FYI-Ollies looks like they have a great flyer. Drugstore buyout,HP printer $40. and graphic tees for $3.99. Just sayin'

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, Check this out, I know we love working with mud but no way can I do this!

A Canadian Contractor Makes Stunning Art Out Of Drywall
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-some people just tick me off. I been trying to fix several places for years-literally. That is so cool.
    Well the back Robins are gone but we have 2 more babies in the front tree/bush

SO I shampooed the chair and scrubbed it. Then shampooed it again and hosed it down. Neighbors just dont even flinch anymore. The chair is upside down in the drive draining. If I wrecked it-oh well. But its clean. Next-Fabrese. Then on the porch-its gonna rain tonight-wouldnt wanna get it wet.lol $15. had the other stuff.
    Got the 2nd load washing and the frist drying. Gotta flip the dishes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, that's amazing! But it makes sense when you think about it.

I have to mud seams in the kitchen where the stove goes and I'm just dreading it.

Here's a potato salad recipe I've used and liked. It's from a book called The New Dieter's Cookbook (Black cover. There are several different ones.) It's by Better Homes and Gardens and it's one of the rare older ones I use.

Creamy Potato Salad
    4 medium potatoes (1 1/4 lbs. total)
    1 c. sliced celery
    1/4 c. finely chopped onion
    2 T. dill relish or sweet pickle relish
    1/2 c. reduced calorie mayo
    1/2 c. plain low fat yogurt
    2 T. skim milk
    2 t. mustard
    1/4 to 1/2 t. celery seed
    1 hard boiled egg, chopped
    Cook potatoes till tender (can use microwave.) Drain, cool, peel, dice. Stir in remaining veggies and relish. Combine remaining ingredients except egg. Toss lightly with potato mixture. Gently fold in chopped egg. Chill 4-24 hours. 8 servings, 130 cals, 3 g protein, 17 g carbs, 6 g fat, 41 mg cholesterol, 322 mg potassium. It also lists 300 mg sodium, but the recipe calls for 1/2 t. of salt I left out, so that would reduce the sodium content. Also, if you wanted to add a couple more eggs, divided by eight servings it wouldn't add that many calories. It also says this can be served on lettuce leaves.