2016 To Do Challenge - Page 208
Page 208 of 351 FirstFirst ... 108158198205206207208209210211218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Pinetree, that's amazing! But it makes sense when you think about it.

I have to mud seams in the kitchen where the stove goes and I'm just dreading it.

Here's a potato salad recipe I've used and liked. It's from a book called The New Dieter's Cookbook (Black cover. There are several different ones.) It's by Better Homes and Gardens and it's one of the rare older ones I use.

Creamy Potato Salad
    4 medium potatoes (1 1/4 lbs. total)
    1 c. sliced celery
    1/4 c. finely chopped onion
    2 T. dill relish or sweet pickle relish
    1/2 c. reduced calorie mayo
    1/2 c. plain low fat yogurt
    2 T. skim milk
    2 t. mustard
    1/4 to 1/2 t. celery seed
    1 hard boiled egg, chopped
    Cook potatoes till tender (can use microwave.) Drain, cool, peel, dice. Stir in remaining veggies and relish. Combine remaining ingredients except egg. Toss lightly with potato mixture. Gently fold in chopped egg. Chill 4-24 hours. 8 servings, 130 cals, 3 g protein, 17 g carbs, 6 g fat, 41 mg cholesterol, 322 mg potassium. It also lists 300 mg sodium, but the recipe calls for 1/2 t. of salt I left out, so that would reduce the sodium content. Also, if you wanted to add a couple more eggs, divided by eight servings it wouldn't add that many calories. It also says this can be served on lettuce leaves.
    Thanks so much for this recipe - one I will surely try. Is it regular mustard that you use? or the dry kind...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's just regular yellow mustard, the processed wet kind. If you want a milder flavor you could use a Dijon or anything else you like.

If you want to cut calories even more, add more celery.

Must be tired. I just typed 'sauerkraut' instead of 'celery.' That would have confused everyone! LOL.

Nighters...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD THanks I will try this recipe too! Have a question, is that salt right? I will figure it out when I make it but 1/2t. salt has 1150mg salt? Is that right? I leave all salt from everything now, but will try it with more eggs. ( 1 tsp= 2300mg)

Make trees from the mud in the kitchen! LOL, you could have tree trunks growing up your wall. Man I sure wish I could do something like that, mine would turn out looking like the mud pits at yellowstone!

Hi to everyone, feeling better but its really hot outside so I'm staying in and playing it safe.
    hope everyones doing good.

Today
    grocery lists
    clean out fridge
    fold whites.

Have a good one!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, DS and I jsut found the Coon's wife, she was sneeking up the driveway with her 3 little ones, that aren't too little anymore! they are so cute, they went and got a big drink from the big cat water bowl and looks like they went to go to bed, we cant find them now.. I knew he wasn't by himself...

Will try and get a picture of them.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-1 that is so cool. 2.-Leptospirosis is a bacterium that raccons carry and can be transmitted by urine. You dont want to have cats,dogs and wild animals sharing a water dish.

Got up early and dropped another load in,drove DD to work,shopped at Aldis,then Kroger. Need to flip a load and then catch a nap after calling Dmom.
    Going to make sloppy joes tonight. I got sandwiches for lunch-either ham or salami for Dh. Dropped the mail. Poor chair is 1/2 dry and abot to be rained on.

Gotta call
    -dentist
    -garbage pick-up

worked on the pantry a bit yesterday to get the overflow from the MIL into it. Bit by bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone! I had taken a break for a bit and then found it very hard to find the time to get back on here, now that summer is in full swing, I have many things that have taken the place of computer time. I have been trying to catch up though and am now on page 203 so it will take some time to fully catch up.

What I wanted to show hikr is the shoe bench in my mud/laundry room. We got it from friends of friends who didn't want to move it to their new house. At the time it was over twice as long but DH had to cut it down because we just didn't have the room for it that long. I love it. Maybe something like that would work for you. We have our coat rack above it.

2016 To Do Challenge-img_1344.jpg
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Why does that always happen to me??? Sorry.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, the recipe does call for 1/2 t. salt. I never add it though. It doesn't need it, and salt can always be added later to each person's serving if they so desire. I do add plenty of coarse, freshly ground pepper to my own servings, and more celery than the recipe calls for because I always try to bump up our fruit and veggie consumption.

Rabbit, I have plans to make shoe shelves for our bedroom at the foot of the bed. I have a cedar chest there now that we brought in to help keep Sugar from falling off the foot of the bed, but I'm planning to get rid of that when we get the truck back from the shop. I use shoe shelves now for my shoes, but those are in a very tall bookcase where my cookbooks also live, and I want to cut that down so it'll fit on a shorter wall. But I do like using shelves for shoes, too.

I need a list of lumber to look for when we explode that pile of wood out in the garage. I have too many projects to remember what all I need wood for.

Orlando just can't catch a break. Three tragedies in four days. I hope their LEOs and other responders get a chance to catch their breath before long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey all! Just a quick check in. My MIL is visiting so I'm tied up with company. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Thank you Rabbit for the pic of the shoe rack. That is awesome and would be perfect.

Talk to you all later!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I was trying to say, Adding that 1/2 tsp salt, wouldn't the mg be alot higher than 330mg? No one here uses salt at all, DH now has High blood pressure, and the kids dont like it al all.

FW, the water gets changes several times a day, plus theres several out there, even a small onw out by the camper for Orange. Besides everything has something, I just dont worry about it. Well unless we think its rabies or something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The 300 mg of salt would be per serving, not for the whole recipe. I didn't run this through a recipe analyzer, just used the info with the recipe in the book.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, you feeling better?

RABBIT, welcome back.

pinetree, I noticed you to do list is a little more strenuous today. Be careful in the heat.

DD texted yesterday and said she had a bad tummy virus. (She's at the beach with her boyfriend and his family.) This a.m. she started calling at 4:00, sick as a dog and crying and all that. After phone calls and texts for the next 3 hours she finally called again at 11:30, going to ER in Panama City. We've now found out that she had IV fluids and some oral meds and she's been released. So now is the question---do we wait till tomorrow and see how she is before going to get her or do we go tonight and right back? Optimistically it's about 5 hours one way. We're waiting to hear from her. I say tomorrow---she won't want to ride all that way while she's still sick and it would give her a chance to sleep tonight. DH wants to go tonight but I honestly don't want to be driving down there since we'd be getting such a late start today. That girl can throw a kink into every kind of plan there is. She's 24, I wish she would grow up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd wait. If she feels better she may want to finish her vacation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-you know I feel ya! DD had to walk the 2 miles home yesterday as Dh was at the surgeon and I was playing dizzy dizzy drama again.I did get a bit of drama but not as much as I thought. I have found the acknowledge but no sympathy works best.

I am just directionless this afternoon. I grill 3 burgers for dinner,ate 1,called Dmom, ate watermelon,looked at the dirty dishes,sat outside. Just out to lunch today.

So chair is almost dry and looks better. I am happier now that I washed it. I need some energy to get it in. ha,not now.
    I want to play hookie but laundry awaits.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD Thanks, I saw 8 servings and thought that was per.. should have known, Thanks for putting up with me!

ILC, wait, she probably doesn't feel like traveling now anyway. So sorry, why can't her Boyfriend bring her home? What would she do if you were in Italy, and couldn't come get her? Lol, have a great day trip picking her up, you are probably worried... hugs...TAke pictures for me!!
    I'm staying inside today.

FW, too bad you arent here, we could sit and veg together!!

RABBIT, Good to see you!!