2016 To Do Challenge - Page 210
Page 210 of 351 FirstFirst ... 110160200207208209210211212213220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It usually takes days or weeks to get test results here, depending on the tests of course. I hope you get good news, Tine. It's hard sitting there not knowing.

Pinetree, thanks. I know I'm good at making and repurposing stuff but that's why I have too much stuff! If we move out of state it's sure going to be hard letting go of some of the unique pieces I've collected along the way, especially if we know we'll need it on the other end. I think good e-centers are getting HTF and the prices have sure gone up at thrifts (and some won't even take them anymore) so it's not like it would be easy to replace them if we didn't move them. But dang, they're so heavy because they're not real wood, they're all particle board. It would be expensive to move them.

It's supposed to get hot here too and we're still procrastinating about working on our AC ourselves. So it'll be at least next week before we can get anyone here to look at it if we don't find any bad connections.

We'll be leaving for Cook tomorrow at six AM. The doors open at eight and it's an hour drive. I guess the lines there are amazing, and we need to find a place to park a truck and trailer, too, so need to get there early. Husby wants to go to Saturday instead and maybe we will. It's not like we're desperate for anything, and if we miss out we'd never know anyway. We'll discuss it tonight, I'm sure.

Obama and Biden are both in Orlando now. I thought POTUS and VOTUS were never supposed to be in the same place at the same time. That doesn't seem good they're both there at once.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got a free backpack and beach towel today. Going to give the backpack filled with bottles of tea for one of my clients who had a birthday yesterday. Neighbor donated clothing. Going to take t-shirts and shoes to soup kitchen and rest to clothing room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, I would think that the POTUS and VOTUS took separate planes. Maybe they're appearing at different places rather than the same venues.
    Have fun at the Cook sale. Do they give entrance numbers so people are allowed to enter in order? Around here many of the larger estate sales do that, even though I know the Cook sale equals many many estate sales.

Gbug, your busy days sound fun and productive. Be careful in the heat!

Tine, hope the test results come back quickly and not much more is needed.

earlybird, I think the heat is pretty awful in most parts of the country right now. Summer is my least favorite season, even though I was a teacher and it was vacation time. Here it's sometimes too hot to do much unless you've got a pool.

pinetree, DD hasn't contacted us today so I figure she's 1) sleeping OR 2) having a fabulous time. DH and I are both relieved we don't have to fetch her from Florida. Of course, she and the boyfriend may be broken-up when they return and that will give us more headaches than a trip to get her. She doesn't function well with break-ups unless she's the one doing the breaking up.
    Have you gotten the ACs installed? I know your forecast isn't a lot better than ours, even though the weather is supposed to be pleasant for the weekend then go right back to bad heat next week. We got a good rain on Tuesday but nothing else is going to happen till maybe next week.

fw, we certainly have parallel lives when it comes to our daughters....yes, mine has anxiety disorder and ADD and is on meds. The psychiatrist she goes to seems to think that meds are the answer to every patient's issues; DD seldom gets therapy. I've heard that this psychiatrist has helped others but we can't say that about our child,so DH and I are going to insist that she find someone else to treat her. After all, she's on our insurance. This doctor isn't even in the same town, never has the same office people twice, changes times for patients to pick up prescriptions, etc. She may be a great therapist but we've seen no evidence of that or of acceptable and reasonable office practices.
    Good luck with the health insurance decisions.
    Loved "drainy"! Perfect!
    Where will DS be stationed?

Everyone else, hi, hope you're well.

Went to bed early and slept late. Boy, was it great.

For Thursday:

1) Mop
    2) Work on menu plan
    3) Organize chest freezer
    4) Get DH to help me move another piece of furniture
    5) Switch out some wall pictures in den

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you. SD, I know it takes time and some people needs the doctors more, but waiting four hours with a neck brace was too much for my patience though. We got the results after seven hours, and I don't have fractures on my neck

I'm going to call my doctor again tomorrow and get a referral to physiotherapy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, Oh so happy to hear the good news, sorry it took you all day.
    I have found out that you can get results fast if they want them, with my stuff it only took a few minutes to get the results.
    Even now with a mamogram, I get my results befreo I leave the room.

I hope things go better for you now, hugs..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, the rules say they need a doctor to interpret and tell the patient the results. I've a family member who do those scans and she thinks it's kinda stupid because they see more results than the doctors. And I wasn't a "high priority patient" because it wasn't a new injury or life threatening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tine-IDK that still seems very fast. We always end up waiting a good 6 hrs. for any emergency visit and days before test results. You could die of a stress heart attack first.

Just bummed the day away and watched Cloverfield w/ john Goodman. Intense and great.
    Dh just got back from his Dr. Appt. and according to him great BP and no meds. Also refills done.

ILC-no meds,no councelor. None of your business mom! She signed up for ins. but has never used it. Driving me crazy much like the way the car sits in the drive insured and rusting. Fw screams in her head a little.

GB-such a nice idea.
    ILC-havent done the ins and its too late to call. sigh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I was thinking POTUS and VOTUS took separate planes too, and I assume they went to separate locations in FL, too, but no one said that and they only showed Air Force One but of course that's the money shot. It seems like they'd go to different venues just to have a chance to talk to more victims and family members, but at the same time it seems like local security is already stretched thin with all they're dealing with on the ground, so maybe they were both in the big venue but in different areas. I saw Senator Marco Rubio was out in the crowds though.

I don't think they give out numbers at the Cook sale, but we've never been there on the first day. I guess we'll find out.

Tine, that sounds like good news. I hope physical therapy will help.

Pinetree, I wait about two weeks for mammo results and they come through the mail. Ours have to be shipped to Duluth I think, for the radiologist to look at them. I don't think we have a radiologist here at the hospital or maybe it's not the right kind. Not sure at all, I guess. I wish they'd get that new kind of mammo machine that isn't so painful.

Started yet another knitted gown so I have something to do at Mom's instead of just sitting there.

Errands today. I'd rather stay home. But at least the truck is done so we can pick that up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am pooped. Flower beds done, relish prepped, bread and butter pickles made, zucchini bread made. Going to make another batch of pickles tomorrow and I am going to make sweet pickles in the crock tomorrow. Fresh tomatoes, crab cakes, and green beans and new potatoes for dinner. Now time to sit and relax.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My results never came this fast until we had to change to our provider., its nice. I dont need anymore stress, even in the hospital you get results right away. Dh even got his stress tests results, right when the test was over. Blood test you can get online about an hour later.

Hey, Gbug is there any way I can make bread and buttter pickles, well do you know of any pickle that doesnt use alot of salt? The kids have been buying me bread and butter pickles, they are the lowest in salt, I can have 3 slices on my hamburger. how about your zuchini pickles? Just wondering,

SD, are you going to the cook sale tomorrow? Hope you truck is in excellent shape now!! Have fun and find things you need if you go.

Well, my outside adventures are now done, we have smoke from the New Mexico fire, looks like a heavy smog, only good thing is we will have beautiful sunsets, bad part, its hard to breathe.and the air is heavy with smoke. I guess I am stuck inside.

Guess we have elk chasing tourists, duh, they have babies, leave them alone!! When will people learn?
    The kids had fun this morning, they had their trash ready to come here, but got lazy and didnt bring it , so the baby coons went thru every piece and had fun playing catch, it was spread all over their yard, lol, they arent laughing, but it really was funny,.they licked the inside of the cat food cans and stacked them up.

Renter sent back her keys, guess shes not cleaning anything, said she was here several times, but we didnt answer, so here's your keys. Great, I really hate cleaning other peoples mold and crap up. think I will spray the bathroom down with clorox, open windows and leave. Wonder if that will work? Dh thinks the shower doors are leaking, so stupid, a $3 fix, now the whole floor has to be replaced.
    Ok need color suggestions, its all white, thinking light gray w. white trim, that should go with anything anyone has, plus not too dark to make it look small and dark.

well off to start dinner. have a good evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yup, Cook sale tomorrow.

I scored eleven one-pound chubs of ground turkey for dog food for .99 each. Yea! I bought all they had and wish they would have had another ten pounds, but since I have a lot of cottage cheese and scrambled eggs in the freezer for Sota's food, and I had three pounds left, that'll make quite a few batches. I don't have much room in the freezer anyway.

I hate to tell you but bread and butter pickles are high in sugar.

I drove the truck home with Toby Keith's Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue blasting off the ceiling and it works great now. It was just under $500 to fix it but considering what others are dealing with in our once-more wounded country, I'm not complaining. It's cheaper than a new truck anyway. It had a broken power steering rod or something. Hope we don't have any more repairs for a while. Except the heat pump, of course.

Sorry about the renters. As two of our friends say, one of them a nurse and the other a cop, people suck. I think they would know.

Rereading CJ Box's Out of Range. How he comes up with these plots I'll never know, and the never knowing is what makes me completely crazy when I try to come up with good plots.

I'd laugh at the raccoons too, if it wasn't me. We once watched a flock of ravens empty out one of those huge round Dumpsters at the restaurant across the street from our house in town. It was hilarious! That'll teach 'em to leave the lid open.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was miserable here today - 96 with very high humidity!
    The low temp last night was 79!!

Tomorrow I'm driving 3 hours north to return my granddaughter (9 yo) to her rightful owners. Her older sister (13 yo) has been at an art camp at a state university for 2 weeks. We will drive down Saturday morning to see the final performances and take her home.
    I hope my daughter and son-in-law enjoyed their childless week.

Haven't accomplished a thing this week. Managed to get in a good walk one day and did all my stretches a couple of times.
    Next week I have to get back with the program.

I had mentioned that I took myself off Lipitor a couple of weeks ago. One of the main reasons that I did that is because back pain is one of the many possible side effects. While I don't blame Lipitor for my back pain, I wondered if it was slowing down my progress in getting my back in better condition. I think it was. My back suddenly feels much better! I sure hope the numbers when I have my cholesterol rechecked will allow me to stay off any statins.

I'm pooped. Off to bed...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree--I have two separate bread and butter recipes. One has 1/3 cup salt and the other 1/2 cup. The zucchini relish has 1/3 cup salt.
    They do have a lot of sugar, but not the relish. I don't like them, but I make them for DH. I like dill.

Today is going to be another busy day. Zucchini relish almost ready for the canner. Making this batch for my SIL. Working at soup kitchen, making old-fashioned sweet pickles in crock, and a different recipe of bread and butter pickles when I get home. Then I've got to get the house cleaned and laundry done. DH is here to help thank goodness. Gotta go to Dollar General for their cereal that is 3 for $6 and I have a $1 coupon, so it will only cost me $1.66 a box and t-shirts for DH. Company will be here tomorrow. I will probably collapse about midnight. Don't forget to download your free Aquafina sparkling water on your Kroger card.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WJCladeron-hmm? I have joint pain and back pain-I wonder?

well,rains over and so shall my mopeing be. I had a good talk w/ Dh to be honest and a good cry looking at pictures of my dog I have on here and said goodbye.
    I emailed the rescue group that I would help them clean next week.I really hit the dumps when Dh said 2 more months on his cast.

to do
    drive DD for 10 a.m.
    laundry
    DW flip
    make meat for either sloppy joes or tacos
    work on Apt 15 things I am tossing this week
    work on the health ins. plan

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW - Stopping a statin depends on high your cholesterol was without it. Mine was 255 - too high, but not horrible.
    And I made some lifestyle changes that should affect that number (quit smoking and start exercising regularly).
    My back pain wasn't initially caused by the statin, but I think it was interfering with my progress.