2016 To Do Challenge - Page 211
Page 211 of 351 FirstFirst ... 111161201208209210211212213214221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

WJ-I disagree on the not to high at 255. Mine was similar 10 yrs ago. They used to say 200 and under but they changed it to lower esp. w/ age and risk factors. I'm holding around 150 w/ it. I dont smoke,but def. could do more excercise and need a nanny about the food choices. I've had various symptoms over the years like muzzy recall and my left leg not wanting to lift that I blamed on the meds. Dr. poo-poo'ed me and then out it comes that yes,other woman have things similar. I am faithful about taking it and rarely miss. I stopped for a few days last yr. to have a piece of grapefruit. Again though heredity in my family indicates its not just the food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, my DH is on statins and there are some weird side effects. Glad your DH is doing well. And I'm glad you and he had a good talk. Now here's a way our DDs are different---ours is in her car all the time, we have to constantly remind her to check the oil and tires and stuff like that. Last night DH changed the oil in it so at least that's done. We told her that if she could save $1000 by her birthday (February) we would match it and she would have a down payment for a new car, which she desperately wants. I'm really amazed that she hasn't run this one into the ground since she puts so many miles on it.

Tine, great that there are no fractures!!

SD, hope you're having fun at the Cook sale.

Gbug, your crab cake supper menu sounded great. Do you cook the potatoes with the green beans? I've never done that, but I've eaten them that way. Try to get a little rest today, and be careful in the heat.

wjcalderon, sorry the temps are so miserable there, we're getting it too---and it's only June! I dread thinking how it might be in the next three months. Normally June isn't nearly as hot as the rest of the summer.

pinetree, I had wondered if y'all were getting smoke from the NM fires. Stay in where it's healthier. Yes, try spraying the Clorox---it's worth a try. I like your idea of light gray with white trim. That's a really popular color scheme right now so I think it would be a good choice. Either that or a very light khaki with white trim.
    Okay, questions about Zaycon---I pick up my order tomorrow, 40 lbs. Is it frozen or is it fresh? Does it come in boxes or do I need to take some? I cleaned/organized my freezer yesterday so it's ready. I've never packaged up that much chicken at one time. How long does it take you?

earlybird, StartingOver, hikr, TDN, RABBIT, Niko, Bernice, and anyone I missed, hope things are going well with you.

For Friday:

1) Mop (from yesterday)
    2) Put up new shower curtain liner
    3) Clean bathrooms
    4) Sweep screened porch
    5) Library and maybe grocery store
    6) Tidy up den

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning..

ILC, Thanks on the paint color, our friend thats taking the trees is a handy man, we are thinking about getting a bid from him to help out, it sure would help alot, just hope hes not going to charge an arm and leg.

Dh says to pull in, take your reciept, but they usually only ask your name, they will put the box in your car for you, if you want.
    The zaycon comes in its own box, its in 4 packages inside the box, they are fresh, never frozen. I have everything set up before we go get it, then when we get home we start right in. I lay newspaper, then I have the white butcher paper I lay on top, then cutting matts, I dont have cutting boards, and go for it, the breasts are usually hooked together, and they are huge. ( i work at the kitchen table and dont want the chicken fluid on my oak table) I forgot, theres lots of juice in with them so I drain them in the sink in a strainer, put a plate underneath and take them to my workplace. Now, we cut ours up, diced, we save the tenderloin part and cut them up for chicken nuggets, xl breast we save and pound out and freeze for chicken fried steak, so it takes time to cut them into what you want. Also we cut off any fat, or stuff I dont want on it off. If you are going to cut them into like a 1/2 breast per person, it wont take much time at all. maybe 1 hour? You can put it in the fridge and do some later too. I also try to keep my packages as flat as I can so they lay flat in the freezer. It doesnt take that long, really, but also its alot of chicken. I sure wish I was closer, I would be right there helping you, we could have it done in no time! well either that or we wouldn't get anything done!! lol..
    If you find a bad piece save it and get ahold of them. I have never had a bad box or breast.. I did get one piece that looked like it got caught in the machine, but we diced it up, and it was fine. I'm not very good at working with fresh things, if you know what I mean.

Hope that helps, did you get your bags etc? Let me know how it goes!! I will be thinking about you!! hugs!
    Did you ever get the hamburger? If not you need to try it too!!
    Hey, have you heard from your DD? I thought she was really sick? or is she doing better?

WJ, The Dr has me off of all those pills. with having back problems to begin with I dont think many people can take them My cardio guy told me theres alot of people that cant take them. When I quit, it only took a couple days for my back to feel better! have fun on your trip, be careful with the heat!!

Gbug, Thanks, I guess I will have to look it up, sugar doesnt matter as much as salt. I might call my extension office and see it I can leave the salt out, I know I dont can tomatoes with salt now at all. Be careful in the heat too, I see its getting hot down there too.

FW, thats a beautiful dog, not how I had him pictured at all.

SD, oh I hope you are having fun and finding all kinds of nifty things! I cant wait to hear what you found!

Tine, are you feeling better today? Hope so, I feel so bad for you... hugs

Hi to everyone I didnt get...

The wind is kinda blowing to its kinda pulling the smoke away from the stste. sure wish they could get the fire out. They are waring us about fires here now , its been so hot and windy everything has dried out.

having Dh pick up 30lbs of meat, so need to get it packaged and froze
    vacuum up the clumps of cat hair, man is it bad
    figure out this weekends meals.

have a good Friday.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back from Cook! The sale was mostly a bust. They had a lot of stuff but as I've said before, we don't need much unlike last year, and I didn't want to drag home a bunch more impromptu projects or clutter. We spent $9 at the big sale and $3 at some other sales there in town and it all fit into about three grocery bags. I got an angel food cake pan Mom wanted for $1, a truffle bowl I liked better than the one I had for $4, Husby bought a cross stitch kit for $1, and a few little things for fifty cents. Husby got an electric pencil sharpener he's been looking for for $1 at another sale and then we got some other little stuff. That's it. No cabinets. They only had one vanity I would have been interested in and it wasn't in very good shape. I had a list of other cabinets I wanted but didn't find a thing. It's just as well.

It was fun and I'm glad we went, but I'm just as glad we didn't buy a whole lot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, sorry you didnt find much, but glad you had a good time!

Heres another story for you

Looks like it never ends.

http://http://www.msn.com/en-us/trav...qro?li=BBnb7Kz.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-sorry and not sorry (clutter control.lol)

Pinetree-he had gorgeous. Silky fur after we had him awhile. Beautiful caramel,brown,tan coloring. Mostly like a retriever but a lovely mane and shepherd white teeth. His eyes were a real pretty milk choc. . His legs were diff. He has smaller round front paws and uneven back feet like an accident or birth defect. It was his looks that attracted me. He was super fast and ran around the yard at top speed chasing w/ Mikey.

Been running around like a nut since dropping Dd at work. Got dog food and a new collar for Sir I love cat food and it showing Hunter". I got the adjustable Martingale in red. All beagle are twisty slippers of collars in my experience.

Also hit Ollies (mistake). $178. worth of new drapes (burgandy light blocking where the fabric is actually attached to the grommets-for now,3 extention cords for the generator,hair ties,a book for DH (cussler)that I plan on reading,3 large bags of chips for .47 ea. clearance (dammit),a metal bowl and scoop for cat litter and dog food,7 boxes of finish DW tab soap 16ct./$1.99 and a grad card for nephew. Thanks goodness they didnt have the garden hoses!! In the market for 3 new ones. Kinda tired. Just dont shop like I used to.

Contrary Housewife-thank you.
    ILC-somehow better than watching everything you ever gave her fall to ruins. She begrudgingly did another super small bit of the room after 3 days of OOPs I forgot. I could just lose my mind. She will be gone 3 days now. She has made it clear she will drag her feet and make it very unpleasant all the way-so be it! I decided to start snatching bit of garbage out. Theres no rational way to discuss it because somehow it isnt a priority.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

People are just stupid. Here's another Darwin award recipient: Man falls into Norris Geyser Basin at Yellowstone Park - CNN.com

I'm perfectly happy we didn't find much at Cook. Less to do, and now that it's over I can refocus on the kitchen project. I've decided to paint the backsplash and let it go for now. We can change it later if we decide to, but I'm afraid if we don't make it fast and simple it'll just become another UFO hanging over me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm caught up! Now lets see if I can keep up.

Went to the park this morning with my nephews wife, boys and Beastie. The boys and Beastie had fun playing in the river and looking for critters. Stopped at the library for some new reading material and then spent the afternoon cutting the lawn. I love the way a freshly cut lawn looks. Plan on starting one of my books tonight and relaxing out on the back porch.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to the soup kitchen and took the shoes to the man that lost his. He was thrilled. Also took a backpack filled with bottles of tea to a client who just had a birthday. Made dill pickles and more bread and butter pickles. Got sweet pickles in the crock. Won't put them up for a week. Didn't get the house cleaned, but DH is going to help me tomorrow before the company gets here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--I do cook my potatoes with the beans.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

GB - we cook potatoes, green beans and ham in a big pot. Its one of our favorite meals especially this time of year with fresh green beans.

SD - just think of all the time you will save not having to find a place for your sale finds.
    sounds like it was still a good day. will you go back again or was it a one day thing?

fw - i think there is an ollies somewhere by us. i will have to look it up and go. sounds like a fun place to browse thru. maybe your daughter will suprise you and do some more
    purging. didnt she have a deadline?

that sure is a lot of chicken to package. i wouldnt have enough freezer space to store it.
    it would be nice not to have to buy chicken very often.

we had a couple really hard downpours yesterday but today was actually a nice nice day. i am not sure what is coming our way but i dont think its anything bad. i gathered up a bag for the thrift so will go tomorrow and see what i can find.

have a good weekend to all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Eb-it wasnt a hard and fast one like fri the 3rd but yes or the door came off,then if that wasnt stupid enough pro help.

I GOT ONE!!!!! whee for $25. first time and $18. there after I have a lawn service for the front. He weed whacked. I am so relieved. Too bad our gate is too narrow for the machine to do the back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EB, I'm thinking of the backache I don't have from moving all sorts of cabinets around! Last year we attended the sale the second and third days and brought home two big shelving units, five entertainment centers, and a ton of smaller stuff. This year the furniture wasn't as nice and we didn't need much, so didn't find anything. They did have a beautiful log bed frame I drooled on for only $100, but I stayed strong. If it had been a queen set I'd have been all over it though. We won't be going back again to this sale like we did last year. Not sure we'll go next year. We do expect to move within five years (unless we change our minds yet again) so have to minimize our possessions.

I looked in the cedar chest I want to donate and found out it has more stuff in it than I thought, so will have to deal with that first. I did put one item in the GW box though, so it's a start.

Finished another angel gown and started the first matching cap. I should see where I can send this stuff, but I'm not real worried about it.

It's supposed to be rainy the next couple days, so I need to get some stuff planted. It's way late already. Too much knitting, I guess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Got to clean house and do laundry. DS and family are on their way and will be here by noon. Got beans cooking in the crockpot.Have a good day.