2016 To Do Challenge - Page 212
Page 212 of 351 FirstFirst ... 112162202209210211212213214215222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 5254
    TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone. Life has been busy and stressful. Good news is Ike, the 3 leg cat is doing great!almost to good.....he is back to harassing Phoebe!

Today
    1. 30 min or more organizing in craft room. Take pictures of the floor I promised pinetree months ago and just realized I did not do.....sorry pinetree!
    2. Go throw the ball for my dads big dog for about half an hour
    3. Go socialize kittens at the gal down the roads place
    4. Go get flowers for my nieces dance recital( just something simple..not big and expensive) .It is my oldest nieces last one!

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

good afternoon!
    running behnd from sleeping in. Did laundry late last night. Hunty did his mysterious secret expanding trick and slept dead center of the bed.

very hot so far but
    DW
    last clothing load
    park w/ DH??
    grilled hot dogs
    get chair in house and placed (more than it sounds)
    maybe mow later when the suns off the back yard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

forgot to say-spoke w/ Ds last night. He is fishing at night and caught catfish. He made it w/ hush puppies and his room mate asked if he was from S. carolina.lol.
    He was ssaying he wants to hunt to save money. And that he was looking at a new (to him) truck to buy/trade for his. This added to his sewing I told him he was becoming a homesteader. He said his sniper school is delayed?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpg2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpg2016 To Do Challenge-image.jpg

Here is the pics of floor pinetree. Off the roll at Home Depot.....limestone.

So scratch 1 off my list! Yay!

Good morning FW......only 9:45 here.......and cloudy and wet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN - that floor is pretty. I like the colors. We just got some in kitchen recently that has th same colors but a splotchier (is that a word) print. I really like it alot. Our other was peel and stick tiles that were thin as paper.

fw - now i remember the door removal. well good luck with that. was that price for mowing the lawn? sounds like a good deal but will you have to still mow the back? any less to do is good though.

SD - i think paring down a household is one of the hardest things to do but once its done then life just seems to get easier.

Tine - how is the neck? i hope they can help you feel better soon.

hi to everyone else. its a hot one here today and for the next couple days i think.
    dropped off at thrift and got lucky; found a nearly new pair of jeans for 4.00. i really needed them too. can mark that off my list of needs. i browned some hamberger and got some spaghetti sauce in the crockpot for later. will serve with salad. just staying in today and working on my puzzle.

you all have a good one

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

EB, I could see where downsizing possessions would make life a lot easier. Can't wait to get to that point.

But I added to the clutter a little bit today. I found a super nice rolling laptop case at a moving sale. It was marked $25 but I wasn't interested in paying that much, so I skipped it. But I was listening to the chatter from the sellers as I looked at other things. It's the last day of the sale and was getting toward their closing time, and they were clearly open to considering offers just to unload their stuff, to the point of offering people money to take a TV they had there. So I paid for the other items I was buying and mentioned the laptop case. I asked if they would take less and said I was willing to pay $10. She seemed happy to get rid of it for that. She mentioned she had paid $125 for it and from what I could find online, I believe it. So, lucky me. I wanted it because I thought I had at least one sewing machine that would fit into it, and my Brother embroidery machine does fit nicely. I'll still buy a nice sewing machine trolley if I ever find one cheap, but for now this laptop case will work fine with a couple of simple, minor modifications. I did buy a suitcase when we were in GR for $2, hoping it would fit, but it only fits if the machine is put in sideways and I'd rather not do that. Since I only have $12 in the two cases together I don't feel bad about it. The suitcase I just got is much nicer than the one Husby uses on his rare business trips, so I may get rid of that and keep the 'new' one. It does need a new handle and the outside needs cleaning, but it's worth the work which won't take much.

We went to get another apple tree today because they were 15% off which is a good sale here. There was also an unadvertised sale on potted tomatoes so we bought one. We also picked up the paint sample book from Ace and then went home. We picked paint and came back and decided to buy three more tomatoes. They're really nice and most of them already have little tomatoes on, and all we need to do is water them since they're already in nice big pots and growing like crazy.

We got our paint, too, stacking two $5 coupons from our Ace rewards program for a $10 savings, so I can get on with painting behind the stove and getting that done. I'm not missing the stove much but I have to make dog food in the next couple weeks and don't really want to do that on the side burner on the grill. I'm really looking forward to having that big oval burner to use with my big pots and pans. I also want to get that rusty griddle rehabbed and it's easiest to do that in the oven.

So we saved a little bit today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, Thanks!! I forgot all about it! Well, you have just showed me my next kitchen floor!! I love it, the colors are beautiful, we can glue it down I dont have to worry about water getting in the wood flooring, easy to clean, its just perfect!! I wrote the name down so I dont forget.
    That is such good news about Mr. 3 legs, isnt it funny how they just recoup from it? Now I know you didn't believe me when I told you that when he first got hurt, its somehting that just cant enter your mind, until you see it. I hope they both keep doing well.

FW, take the gate down!! Put in a bigger one, maybe 2 that fold in or out! Looks like the little one has found his place on the bed!
    Good you are talking to your DS

SD, well your fire fears are down here, have or had 2 up in the foot hills, its drying out quickly, hoping for rain that we wanted to go away a few weeks ago!! I cant go out side at all now..

ILC, its after 2 here, I hope you are still not working on your chicken!! Been thinking about you all day, hope its helping you get thru it,, its well worth it after you get it in the freezer

Gbug, have fun with your family!

Tine, are you feeling better today?

RABBIT, How are you doing?

Hi Bernice, SO, Mof5, and ones I cant remember!

Well dh went to get 40 lbs of the chuck for 1.99lb, LOL, the butcher said he can only give him 5 lbs, but he can go out to the car and come back in and buy more, and didnt care how many times he did, so DH went in and out 3 times, then he just left for town to go in and out 3-4 more times. So got 15 lbs in the freezer, hopefully can add 15 more.
    Then having the chicken come next week I am pretty stocked up again. Feels good.

I am getting cabin fever, its so hot out and now really smokey, Hopefully the fires get put out and it cools off. We are only 90, I cant imagine being 90 with 90% humidity. ugh

We are looking for cleaners to come clean the rental, then will paint and fix, sounds like the bathroom might get gutted, Dh is out finding out prices for tubs, flooring etc. Sure wish I could make a scene out of mud right now..

Well, off to make jello, having Fathers Day today, DS has to work Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I love my chicken!!!! Oh my it's gorgeous! I lined all my trays and cookie sheets with waxed paper and we laid out all of the breasts and put them all in the freezer till tomorrow, when I'll bag everything up. I couldn't believe the size, and how nicely they were packaged. DH was impressed too! Thanks so much for encouraging me to get it.

I was wondering if the smoke had improved any. Today it's only about 84 and dry and was cloudy till just a little while ago so it's really felt pretty nice.

DD just came home from her beach trip. She's tired-looking but she has a slight sunburn so she must have gotten out on the beach in spite of being sick.

Everyone, hi, gotta go talk to DD. Be back tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, so glad you like it, it tastes wonderful too, its just kinda of a pain putting it up when you get it. Glad you didnt have any trouble!

SD, Thanks, I never thought about Ace for paint, had HD on our minds. Good Luck with your kitchen, hope you can get your new stove in soon. You will probably have tomatoes before I do! WTG!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we really like Clark and Kensington paint at Ace. Ace Royal, too. Valspar, not so much.

Well, I finally got the little detergent door put back together after Husby cracked it off. I hate when he breaks something and I have to fix it. Oh, well, gotta earn my keep I guess.

Hot and humid here today, 84. I felt sorry for the 20,000 people running Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, but there was nothing on the news about it making anyone sick.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a family get together at my moms today. My aunt from Indiana and aunt/uncle from Idaho were there visiting. I really like my aunt from Idaho and it was so nice to be able to spend some time with her. It's so nice to be home though, I hate the traffic to get to my moms house. The plan for the rest of the night is to relax and watch my friends horse on Mare Stare. She was due last week and I've been helping keep an eye on her.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by TDN View Post
    Hi everyone. Life has been busy and stressful. Good news is Ike, the 3 leg cat is doing great!almost to good.....he is back to harassing Phoebe!

Today
    1. 30 min or more organizing in craft room. Take pictures of the floor I promised pinetree months ago and just realized I did not do.....sorry pinetree!
    2. Go throw the ball for my dads big dog for about half an hour
    3. Go socialize kittens at the gal down the roads place
    4. Go get flowers for my nieces dance recital( just something simple..not big and expensive) .It is my oldest nieces last one!

Have a great day everyone!
    Got my list done! Didn't get the girls flowers since the younger is allergic and the oldest is volunteering at a church camp and was headed out right after the recital. I did get them each a box of Russell stover nuts, chews and crisps. I remembered the 2 postcards I had picked up at the bubba gump store in Vegas last fall when we went to Utah. They say " life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get" and I put those on top of the boxes. We quote forest gump around here sometimes so they will love it and I am sure be much happier about the chocolate since they got flowers from their teacher and one of their gramas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TDN, you answered my question without knowing what it was! I was going to ask you when you were at Best Friends. We were supporters of them for years but have never been there.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Father's Day. My Houston kids came yesterday and my Weatherford kids are coming today after church. Wish my Rhode Island kids could be here. The boys are grilling for DH this evening. It is unbearably hot here. A chance of rain today or tomorrow. Making vanilla ice cream today to go with the BBQ. Nothing else today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-Happy Fathers Days back and to all. It is supoosed to be almost 90 here again today. Too hot for us. Esp. w/o Air.
    Going to make the layered pancakes for DH w/ pineapple and cherry pie filling,whip creme topped.

I am hoping either of the kids could call or message. DH is still missing that dog
    bad.
    Waiting on Mon. and hoping the summer tax bill comes so I can pay it and forget it.
    the heat will determine what I do today.