2016 To Do Challenge - Page 216
Page 216 of 351 FirstFirst ... 116166206213214215216217218219226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr00--I totally understand how you feel. I had Dmom for two weeks and then my kids for the past few days. I was exhausted yesterday and probably won't do much today except laundry.

Aldis has blueberries for 99cents, so DH is going to get some more to put in the freezer. Also had the pipe to the faucet near my garden break some time yesterday afternoon. There was water everywhere. DH managed to put water in buckets so I could water the next couple of days. We get one think fixed and another breaks. DH went back to work yesterday. The house is quiet and I'm resting. Trying to stay out of the heat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh I'm cracking up! I just reread my post and I meant 100 KM per hour, not 120. hahahaha. So much for my typing skills. I thought I could edit my post but I don't see the edit button?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi GB! That's right, I remember now you had family visiting. Exhausting isn't it?? I do have plenty of books to read and I think I'll sneak in some reading time too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Russ-do you know the percentage and what kind did you get on both.
    Whole system is Carrier. 96% efficient.... If I remember correctly.
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi,

Pinetree, don't be too worried about me. I've just got a nasty cold since Saturday. I think, I picked it up at the hospital. The neck feels slightly better. I can move it more now.

We (mostly BF) trimmed the hedge yesterday. It got so big our sweet old neighbor had trouble getting her car out of the driveway that go past our house.

The house on the other side of the street is sold after being up for sale for a short time. The new owners haven't moved in yet, so we're looking forward to meet our new neighbors. It's a popular neighborhood with mostly retired people and a few young families. We actually got a letter from a realtor a few weeks back saying they would very much like to help us sell our house if we wanted to sell it...

I'll try catch up when I'm feeling better.

Today:

Wash duvet - done.
    Run dishwasher.
    Grocery shop and pick up parcels at the post office.
    Dinner at MIL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WB, Hikr.

Sign on the door as I left the hospital this AM: "Be alert! Bears have been seen on hospital campus. If spotted, call 911." It cracked me up. I can't imagine too many locals would get very wound up about seeing a bear, but I bet it's freaking out a lot of tourists. It wouldn't be surprising to see a bear there because the hospital is cuddled up right next to the woods. Wolves have been seen there, too.

Second coat is on the kitchen corner. It looks like three coats will probably do it. Maybe I'll get the stove in by the end of the week, one way or another. I seem to be improving slightly at mudding Sheetrock. Only slightly. I'm really liking this paint color. So glad we decided to spend the money and make the switch.

Watching the dog and pony show. I bet the fact checkers are losing their minds trying to keep up, typing their fingers to the bone. Can't wait for the debates after the conventions next month.

Gotta get the long skinny tote cut in half today, that we're going to use for the new deck box we got Sunday. (Still can't believe it was still there.) The tote is proving to be a worthy adversary and does not want to be split in two, but I have many weapons in the arsenal and I will prevail.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, will we ever NOT worry about our kids? I don't think so.

Gbug, if your heat is like ours, then yes, please stay inside as much as you can. Take a day or so to recuperate from all the guests and to enjoy the quiet.

RABBIT, hope you get everything done today.

hikr, that is too funny about the speedometer. My MIL would have probably done that same thing---she absolutely HAD to have something to worry/be upset about. When my son first went into daycare she and FIL got it in their heads that he was being abused there. He wasn't, his teachers loved him and he loved them, but I promised MIL and FIL that I'd talk to the pediatrician about it. The doctor got a great laugh out of it when I told him that I was checking for the in-laws, and he assured me that our son was doing great and wasn't being abused. As soon as I told the in-laws, "The doctor said..." they dropped it and never brought it up again. It really was sweet that they loved our son so much and I couldn't get mad at them about it. I was truly blessed to have them--they were awesome in-laws.

Tine, don't overdo with that bad cold!

pinetree, did you make it to the rental? Maybe if you post pics we can give you suggestions about some of the repairs (are you listening, SD?). How's the smoke there today? Please be careful with that.

Everyone, have a good day.

DD is very quiet and sad about the break-up. She doesn't go to work today till 2 or 3 so she's sleeping in. I hope she'll wait a while to start dating again, I would like for her to just take the time to grieve the end of the relationship, but I know she's got guys wanting to date her. At least this boyfriend treated her well and I sure hope she won't accept anything less like she used to do before him.

For Wednesday:

1) Financial stuff DONE
    2) Call vet for Stubby's appointment
    3) Menu planning
    4) Reset den
    5) Make apple pie
    6) Check on best friend's house while they're on trip/Ollie's for floor fan/Aldi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We get those letters from realtors here all the time, Tine. Lakeshore property is limited even in a state with about 15,000 lakes. We also get letters from car dealers wanting to buy our 2005 Chevy Astro van. We haven't quite figured that one out yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-hospital???
    ILC-what kids??? Yeah Ds just bought a monster truck in trade for his old truck. I guess he'll run over the bears and cougars while he fishes(in the woods,alone,at night,while prob. no one knows he's there-I'll be fine mom!). I asked if it would fit in the storage unit,nothing,well I'll just sell it before I'm deployed again if it doesnt!. alrighty then. NO comment.

just lost power for an hour but it took me another hour to get grandpa desktop back up and running. sigh. I'm going to read today and sporadically do "to Do" projescts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just routine maintenance, FW, nothing to worry about.

I got the tote cut in half and don't like it, so I'm busy giving that some more thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hi!

ILC, nope never made it over, maybe today, maybe never, still trying to find someone to clean. DIL had a friend of theirs call, thats what she does, ha I cant afford to pay her a fortune to wipe down walls! I started pulling out cleaners to go over and start on it, Dil said she would help.
    ABout ready to sell it, but still have to fix it first, but I lost my butt on the last one..

Gbug rest and stay cool today!

Tine, I'm not worried just trying to stay in touch! Glad your necks better!

SD, I thought you went to hospital to see about your gowns your making. WTG on the mud and paint!

FW, happy to see you are talking to your son more, I know you miss him.

Hikr, I couldn't even go that fast when we were going to the dragstrip every week!! Boy she must have felt like she was flying!! lol

RABBIT, its SO nice to see you popping in!

HI to everyone I spaced out again!! Hi TDN!!

Miss Fancy pants, ( her nickname) came home this morning, after being on extended vacation at the kids house, 5 weeks!!! Shes sleeping on her chair as if shes been here the whole time. But her and Pea keep hissing at each other, she is Troubles girlfriend, they love each other, oh the life of cats!

sitting here in my sweats again, cold inside, hot outside, well at least to me.
    We have got to figure out what to do with the rental fast, we have a huge job due in July, and its going to take weeks to get it done, sure wish I felt better so I could get it done too.. ugh

People be careful in ILL, Ind. and Minn. looks like some bad weather that way.

Today
    grocery lists
    take something out for dinner
    find more cleaning supplies

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nope, Pinetree, they don't deliver babies here in town anymore, so no maternity ward and definitely no NICU.

Been thinking a lot about Grand Rapids today. I just don't know what to think about all the moving options. Husby said he's ready for a change but can't seem to articulate why he wants a change or what kind of change or where he might be most comfortable changing to. He's kind of a big picture type of guy, while I'm more detail oriented and would be the one trying to figure out all the sticky parts. If, when, and where we move also depends on so many things that could change in the next few years. But I'm not as fixated on it all anymore. We've sort of agreed to table the whole thing and focus on getting this house ready to sell. That helps a lot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, we got rain! yipee, now if no more fires get started it will be good, sure is cooling things down abit, might be a good sleeping weather night!

SD, We have another fire, just below Laramie, around Walden. Now we have smoke from 3 directions!
    Hope your visit today is ok.

Zippo on the cleaners, guess I will packge my chicken tomorrow, and start cleaning myself. Might have to buy an ac for a window over there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, that is awful with all those fires. I hope your lungs feel better from breathing all that in the other day. I wish we all lived closer, you know we'd all be over at your rental cleaning it up for you.

SD, they want to buy your old van for the same reason a dealership wants to buy my car, they want you to buy a new car!

hikr, thanks for the laugh. I found your MIL story very funny! 120 miles an hour, bahahahaha!!!

ilc, I read the Girl on the Train when it first came out, I liked it too. You might like The Ex (don't remember the author) same kind of "who done it" book. My favorite book this year so far was The Things We Keep. I told my friend who works at the library and she liked it and then recommended it to a couple of other people.

Well I got caught up today, did 3 days of dailies this morning before I went to the park to walk with my nephew, wife, kids and Beastie. I found a new site last night, Be More with Less and got all inspired to de-clutter again so I got rid of all my knickknacks above my cabinets in the kitchen. I always hated keeping them clean so now I never have to do it again! Yea!! As I was watching/listening to her videos, I worked on my desk drawers. Great motivator!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I've finally caught up on all your posts.
    I took the 9-yr-old granddaughter home this past weekend - it's so nice to be back home alone.

SD- What's the name of the John Sandford book you just read?

I'm getting back into my fitness routine. It's so hot and humid outside that I'm only walking 1/2 mile instead of a mile, but at least I'm moving!
    Still doing my stretches, not smoking and eating healthier. I've managed to lose 4 pounds and an inch from my waist.
    I'm feeling so much better - stronger, more energy and a lot less back pain.

Today I did a couple of loads of laundry and made a batch of homemade "color catchers"

Before I go to bed, I need to thoroughly clean my kitchen.

Don't know what I'll do tomorrow, but there are plenty of chores to pick from.