2016 To Do Challenge - Page 219
Page 219 of 351 FirstFirst ... 119169209216217218219220221222229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

washing soap was at walmart on the top shelf when I got it.

DH leaves tomorrow so he wants to do something so I guess no work today.
    Got our 401K crap from his new job. Tired of making decisions so Mon. is soon enough. Still waiting on the tax bill. Dang things due 7/1 so take your time people.

Going to get Mackeys mattress from the garage and see if i can hose it and clean it. Vet said he needs a bed w/ his arthritic knees. See if I can freak the neighbors out.lol I got sheets and blankets for it months ago. DH said its ok for his "room".

Should gather stuff to dump for garbage day Mon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jean, I love it when I find a great new recipe. Sounds like you have the perfect summer drink now.

Tine, it sounds like a fair compromise if you order an over-priced breakfast now and then. Gotta indulge a little bit on vacation.

Hikr, no word on the electrician yet.

Gaja, it sounds like you're just about ready to roll. If you want to share, we'd all love to see some pictures from your trip!

There's a big storm rolling through right now, lots of thunder and rain. We're in the path of 60 mph winds with penny sized hail, but so far no wind and only BB sized hail and not much of that. We have our fingers crossed. We usually don't get these storms and the rare times we do, we regret building a house with no basement. The weather seems worse than normal here this year. It's not looking hopeful the bikes will get into the lake today either, but maybe it'll clear off and dry up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So I just heard from the lab at the vet and all Mr. Leos labs are in normal range. So now the mystery. Why does he bloat so big and tight sometimes? I wonder if the Costco cat food isnt good for him. He weighs 17# so he isnt starving? Just wish they could say,right?
    '
    SD-sorry to hear it, We are gorgeous here and maybe even a bit hot. Our bsmt isnt fancy but i'm glad to have it at times. Just wish we didnt need the sump to use it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, FW.

Sump pumps aren't unusual, in our experience. It would be better not to have one (and we've never had one, but that's just been dumb luck) but having one is like insurance.

Still reading a massively long thread on another forum about moving after retirement. It's fascinating to read about how other people struggle with the same decisions we're struggling with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Put up 2 quarts yellow squash and dehydrating basil and sage for the winter use. Laundry almost done and I need to go to Kroger and Aldis. Finished step 2 of making my brine sweet pickles. Shredded zucchini to make zucchini bread and probably going to make cookies too. Going to be hot today, so I got to get out and get things done. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, stay safe in the storm. I wish you could send it to us! Doing a bento-box-type-thing is a wonderful idea. Thanks for the pics.

earlybird, yes, surprise your DH with that new TV! Someday we'll get one but the one we're using, a big, heavy thing that extends about 15 inches in the rear, still works fine. I would really like to get a new mattress before a new TV but right now neither one of them is going to happen anytime soon.

wjcaldron, that tea sounds refreshing, perfect for the summer. And easy!

fw, you have some fat cats. LOL You get a courtesy discount? Wow, how nice! Years ago we had a mama cat and her 3 babies all "fixed" at the same time and the vet gave us a volume discount. I personally think our current vet should cut us some monetary slack since they treat all our critters and we're very reliable clients, but nope. Oh well. Yes, make DD pay 1/2 of "her" cat's expenses.

Tine, 95% humidity is horrible! We have that frequently during the summer and it's just miserable. It drains you of energy, and you always feel sticky and grimy--at least I do. Get your ear checked if it continues to cause issues. Now that I have permanent hearing loss I realize what a blessing good hearing is.

hikr, I've seen the Lemon Supreme cake mix recently but not the Orange Supreme. My mother used to make it for us and it was delicious. I mainly use Facebook to keep up with some cousins and aunts and friends I seldom get to see due to distance. DD is one of those people who have a gazillion "friends" on it and some of them post the stupidest things, like "I'm now eating dinner at McDonald's" and such. Sorry your weather is hot/humid---we are 93 right now, heat index is 100, and we're under a heat advisory. The local news stations are running segments on Stay Out of the Heat if You Can and Ways to Keep Cool. Some years it's been so bad that the local government has opened up air-conditioned shelters for folks to go to. It's been so bad this month that I'm wondering if it's setting a record. Normally June has a few hot days and the worst heat comes in July-September, but I guess global warming has caused June to be miserable too.

gaja, that is awesome packing! Please post pics from your trip.

pinetree, 33% capital gains tax is ridiculous and unfair. Maybe you SHOULD keep the rental under those circumstances...I'm glad your DIL and DS will be able to help with things this weekend. You are very blessed to have them. Way to go on your peppers! I got a gorgeous bell pepper from one plant and nothing has happened with it since! DH got some "coolapeno" (misspelled) peppers and a good many banana peppers from his plants but they've slowed down too. The tomatoes, on the other hand, are all ripening at the same time so DH has been eating a lot of tomato sandwiches and lots of salads. The young mother next door likes tomatoes so we've shared a lot with her too. She said she never buys them because she's the only one in her family to eat them so she's happy to get them. My best friend and her family are due back tomorrow so we'll give them some too. I wish I liked them, even though I now can eat a few very tiny pieces in a salad, but it's taken practice to get to that point.
    What's your recipe for Hawaiian chicken tenders?

Anyone I missed, hi, hope you can post soon.

My list today is pretty much yesterday's list, plus going to Kroger, which I did early this morning before it got hotter.

Have a good Saturday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, I got squash at Kroger this morning (99cents a pound) and thought of you!

fw, glad Leo's tests are okay. Hmmm, maybe the cat food IS the reason he bloats. Maybe try something else? The vet didn't give you any suggestions?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

HI, checking in, I got caught up reading, will post more later, getting ready to go to the rental

Stay safe..

Later..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-trouble is $$. I have a stockpile of the other,maybe I could shift them. Costco is like $18. for 16# I think and of course Iams is about $25 for the same size. IK some of the cats snick dog kibble too but I thought most fo those cats had passed. The "kittens" used to play w/ it but not ingest it.
    And I negotiated 10% on services but not meds. He better. I put $5000-$7000. in pets last yr. Not all w/ him but a huge share for shots,meds and emergency goodbyes. Plus I pay immediately. Mackey alone has meds that are $350. a year. I am a gold mine to him. And HW/flea pills $500.ish for 3. Mackey needs a XL and sm. every time. Dh and i are fast coming to the conclusion that rescues are really over as we near a retirement not fully funded. Playtime is over.
    no suggestions but he was soft after getting scared and wetting himself and the carrier. We did discuss possibility of constipation which would again possibly relate to food. Hes 13 this yr. so maybe its to hard to digest. Again. wish they could talk,write a note,point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-we are built on a stream apparently. INfO not disclosed by sellers but a neighbor. Our sump is vital. We overflow in 6 hrs/less for storms. I need a French drain and the lottery ticket to fund it. At which point I would book and build elsewhere,right?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dunno. In our case, we'd probably be spending what it takes to protect our equity and investment. We spent $9,000 on a roof last year, knowing we might sell before too long, because redoing the entire roof was the only way to correct a problem that created leaks no one could diagnosis. It didn't make sense to us to allow the leaking to continue and cause further damage so the house would get run-down and then we wouldn't get anything for it when it's time to sell. We put in two drain tiles with catch basins last year, plus gutters coming off our garage to channel water away from the garage and keep the garage run-off from washing out the driveway, and it wasn't very expensive. So I guess you're asking the wrong person.

Looks like round two of the storms is moving in now. I could do without it.

Husby went down to get the mail. No Black Hills Pioneer newspaper yet. Monday for sure, I would think.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-you would tear up the entire backyard across and the whole side spending thousands to run it to the street. I never got an estimate but i bet easily over $10,000. We have a furnace,water heater and vehicle to buy this year. So um no. We cant get loans and mortgages w/ DH's health like it is,it just doesnt make sense.

Hope everyone can get back in for the switch on passwords. that was a doozie.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, I had already changed my password when I got today's message that a new password had been assigned to me. I logged in with the new one then changed it to the one I had already changed it to! So far I'm able to get on. The one "they" gave me would have impossible to remember.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, yeah, if that's what it took to protect the equity and investment in our house, that's what we'd do, and TBH, it wouldn't be the first time we've done similar as recently as last year when we did the roof in May and the driveway, drains, gutters, and water heater all in the same week in August. Not saying anyone else has to do the same, of course.

We're watching the weather here and it doesn't look like we're getting out of it this time, although we can hope. They're still saying 60 mph wind and penny sized hail. Hope we don't get it but the radar looks bad. We're under a tornado watch till 9, too. I hate scary weather.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wjcald - i get it now. might try this. i have trouble when a stray white sock gets in with the wrong load.

Tine - sorry to hear about the ear problem. hope it isnt what you think. glad your vacation is shaping up. since it is a vacation i think having the breakfast included would be a nice treat.

ilc - i did the same thing with passwords today. no problem getting back on so must have worked.

i was gifted with a new shower curtain that i put in 2nd bathroom. i moved the old shower curtain (which was expensive and it great shape) to the main bathroom. it really brightened it up. so tomorrow i think i will get a couple new rugs and have a couple revamped bathrooms. sometimes some small update makes a big difference.

hello to everyone - hope the storms miss everyone. 90's tomorrow here but no rain predicted.