2016 To Do Challenge - Page 246
Page 246 of 351 FirstFirst ... 146196236243244245246247248249256296346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, got my dessert made, but didn't go to the home group either. Got the house cleaned except kitchen. Got the laundry done. I am going to thoroughly clean the kitchen in the morning. The grandsons are coming to stay for a few days tomorrow evening. Got some errands to run, but don't know if that will happen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-he has a fix but that requires listening and cooperation so we'll see.

SO dang hot again after the rain. I was cleaning out part of my closet and 5 fans were running and it was barely tolerable. I got all the sweaters in a tub and tossed a bag of ugly never wears. I hope to sort the turtlenecks and flannel shirts into another tub. I pulled all the hangers,rubberbanded them in 5's and will tubs them. I been needing to weed and organize the closet in there forever. Going to sort what fits and store the rest of summer. Huge job. I also have the old school supplies in the hope chest and that needs reducing. I have to let go of some of the Christmas Fontanini stuff. I bought it to Ebay year ago. Other than that I hope to finish in a couple days depending on the surprises that pop up.

Ds called today for the 1st time in forever to thank me for the money I sent and we chatted nicely for an hour and a Half!! We talked about his truck and his next training and the girl he likes. And things that happened growing up. It was great and I told him. He said he was going to buy a good office chair which was funny to me but i didnt say so. He was talking about going back to school on the G.I. bill. Fingers crossed.

Dh called from N. Carolina and is on his way to South Carolina so I hope his flight is easy.
    Need to grab something cool maybe ice for dinner??lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, thanks so much for the pictures! That's funny about the tap water. I almost always drink tap water in restaurants. Here, it's more common for places to advertise free ice for coolers, but there's one very famous place in the US that saved itself from disaster way back during the US economic Depression in the 1930s by offering free ice water to travelers. The business took off and grew and grew over time, and now literally takes up about half of the retail space in the small town where it's located, Wall, South Dakota. South Dakota Road Trip Stop That store is HUGE and easy to get lost in.

Pinetree, you take it easy! With the smoke and stuff in the air out there, it can't be good for you to be doing much of anything.

I forgot about the jackets. Husby has at least three Vikings jackets, a leather one, one that's sanctioned, and a prototype I bought from eBay that never went into production, meaning it's the only one of its kind. I also have one. So in the winter, we're both wearing the colors! Husby has a collection of starter jackets so wears a variety of team jackets in the winter, but always wears Vikes colors to work on Fridays before game days.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sweeping and scrubbing the kitchen floor today. Grandsons are coming this afternoon, so not doing much today. It's cloudy so I'm hoping for a rain.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dropped DD and did an Aldis shop.
    Counting cats. I lost Leo And I suspect he made it into the garage. I found the pass thru door open this morning. Too hot for this.

Hope to work on the closet a bit more after a call to mom.
    vaccumn stairs and such
    scatter pick up.
    still need to do cat pans
    MONDAY??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Somebody asked for flower pics a while ago. Here are some of them. These are on the front deck. The hummingbirds love these so much we quit putting out the hummingbird feeder because they weren't using it. Of course the colors are much brighter in real life.

One of my favorites:

Side deck:

This is also the side deck, and you can see where Husby has been cutting trees beside and behind the garage.

Some of our tomatoes and peppers, most of which were also bought on close-outs. The rainy summer we've had has made everything up here so lush this year.

Here's the new deck box we picked up in Cook last month for only $40. Unless a bear gets it, there should never be any reason we have to buy another deck box. This one can't be chewed up by raccoons and squirrels and it won't rust or crack like the plastic ones we've had before. I can't believe it was still there on the third day of the sale and I also can't believe it took me so long to realize what a great deck box it would be, especially since we bought another one last year to use on the dock. It's dirty on the top because we moved planters onto it the other night ahead of forecasted storms that, luckily, didn't happen, but it's in great shape.

Here's the inside. I've been talking about the tote we bought at Cook for, I think, $1 and I cut in half to make seed bins for the deck box and put a back in one of the halves yesterday. I'm sure it's hard to get a mental picture from what I've said, so here's the visual. We'll need both of them to hold 50 pounds of sunflower seeds, so I still have to finish the empty one. But we're moved into it now. I think it'll work out nicely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow-thats a lot of flowers!

Dh called and so far so good w/ the fix and his boss is super happy w/ everything he's doing. He took it up to the CEO and he's happy. Fingers crossed nothing blows up but I feel confident to still take the animals in this week and stock up on cat kibble as planned.
    Need to get food and then cat box and i may hit COSTCO today. Hair appt. tomorrow.

Everyone stay safe in this heat!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Grammarbug123 View Post
    Sweeping and scrubbing the kitchen floor today. Grandsons are coming this afternoon, so not doing much today. It's cloudy so I'm hoping for a rain.
    Maybe you should relax before they come and scrub the floor after they leave lol....enjoy your grandsons!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD THanks for the pictures! the flowers are just beautiful! I bet those humming birds are thanking you too! They look so colorful with that blue lake behind them!! WHat a backround!! The tomatoes are looking good too! and you want to move?? lol

Thanks SD, its just so frustrating not being able to do things,, I love working outside, and now thats limited.. ugh had to get up the night before last, I was coughing and choking, the fan in the window was blowing smoke in again, holy cow! DH could smell it, but it didnt really bother him.. So I guess I have to be really careful..thats twice now..
    That fire, the Wy. one is still 5% contained, and still has an Oct date to be 100% out. Its burning all the beetle kill wood, and theres alot of it.

FW, Hope your DH's trick worked and he can keep his job! Hope you find the runaway cat too!
    The kid just bought a new cat brush, it works great, but paid $40+ for it? I guess they make dog brushes too, it really gets the hair out, but I think the $1 brush does the same, just takes alittle longer, the cats hair is just falling out now, its so hot, I dont know how they kept all that bear hair throught the summer!

ILC, I heard about Taylor Terrell from 41 news, thats horrible. Looks like she really liked working in Macon, what a loss..it was on msn news.
    So are you staying cool? did you go get peaches yet?

Gbug, hoping you get some rain! Have fun with those Grandkids!

Hope everyone is staying cool and taking it easy.

Today
    clean up kitchen
    vacuum LR
    Go thru and get rid of paint samples, floor samples stuff I dont need
    maybe go paint for awhile, maybe not....

Have a good day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's not so much that we want to move as we feel like we might have to, due to lack of services here. We have to drive fifty miles for a dentist, for example. Maybe even further, if we can't find one we like. Today I have to make an appointment for a routine test that I should be able to get done locally, but I'm going to have to go to Duluth for it instead. As we get older, we won't be able to drive ourselves for health care and other needs if it's not in town. If the mines go through that would change everything, but it's a long shot and it's dead in the water at the moment.

That's good if they're letting the dead trees burn. Not good for you, but important to get rid of that dead wood when it's safe to do so. There were logging crews that wanted to log the downed trees in the BWCA after the big storm in 1999 here, but the environmentalists wouldn't allow it. Now we're sitting on a powder keg that could go up at any time, and we've been told it isn't if it burns but when, and that once it goes up, they may not be able to stop it, putting all of us locals and our homes at risk. But pressure from outside our area kept the loggers from using ice roads in the winter which would have caused minimal damage and being able to reduce the fuel there. It's crazy, but there you go. This latest storm will just make it that much worse.

Better not to get started on a true rant about stuff like that around here.

Nice day today here, sunny, breezy, relatively cool, and not quite as humid.

The HVAC guy is supposed to come tomorrow or possibly Wednesday, thus ensuring the rest of the summer will be unseasonably cold.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The heat broke over night. Storms formed north of us and the cloud cover got the temps down, even though we did not get rain here. Storms south of us now, still no rain. It is 75 now, supposed to be nicer and not as hot this week.

Heat is moving east, so you guys east of the Mississippi take care.

Finally got my jeans mended. Just in time for the knee to blow on another pair. Fixed that too. I think I am going to take the $20 in Kohl's cash I got from DH's work clothes last week and buy myself a new pair.

Cleaned out two old covered litter boxes we no longer used and found a rescue that will take them this weekend.

Love those petunias, SD.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We love the petunias too. They smell amazing, and we've enjoyed that since we bought them because the living room smells like them all the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-Mr Leo has popped back up from who knows where but not the garage.
    Sorry you are so limited,maybe w/ more time?
    BTW-Mackey was checking out 1 of the peepers that dove from the nest but he was very careful. Glad HE wasnt hungry. We were making jokes about Hunty just being a reporter rather than a hunter. I often wonder if someone is missing their lead pack dog. OH well he deserves to retire after all he went through w/ the HW.

I think I forgot to say-the group Michigan Animal Rescue was being made over by Animal Planet and should be on a tv show sometime soon. Its really cute but honestly all the stuff they did looks hard to maintain and not spread disease. Oh course I will keep that opinion to myself. After all eventually I may want to start volunteering again.

Took a nap as my system was rebelling. Milk has always made me stuffy. I thnk I may be lactose intolerant. Going to call Dmom about that. If thats the case I am very sad as I love cheese and ice cream so much.

CH-sounds like you deserve a few pair. Maybe cut of the others for shorts if that will make you feel better. I like to make work shorts that way. Dirty jobs and dog play.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, so glad the heat broke for you! It's awful here but I figure we're at least half-way through the really hot weather this year. Usually by late September-early October it's still warm during the day but the evenings are pleasant.

SD, if I lived where you are I think I would spend all my time on the deck, looking at flowers and that lake. You are blessed to live in such a gorgeous place.

fw, so is the girl that your DS likes the one from before, or is this someone else? So happy for you having that lovely long conversation with him. Hope your DH has a good trip to SC.

Gbug, how old are the grandbabies that are coming?

Tine, thanks for the Copenhagen pics. It looks so clean there. I read about it the other day in honor of your trip (LOL) and found out the two oldest amusement parks in the world are there. Very cool!

pinetree, what SD said, just take it easy and stay inside as much as you can. It was awful about Taylor Terrell. She was on a channel we don't normally watch the news on but when I did see her, she seemed so pleasant and sincere. Everyone locally is shocked and saddened. So young, and with her whole life ahead of her. Tragic.

momof5boys, SO, earlybird, Niko, Bernice, and I know there are others....hi!

Went to the dentist today (my teeth dentist, not my gum dentist) and of course there's "something" wrong with a back tooth, hopefully just removing the old filling and replacing it will do the trick. It may, however, require a crown, but the dentist won't know till he gets the old filling out. I scheduled it for Thursday of this week to get it over with. Among all of us in my family, I figure we've paid for at least one of his kids' education.

For Monday:

1) Dentist SIGH DONE
    2) Clean up kitchen DONE
    3) Plan weekly menus (didn't do this yesterday)
    4) Do some vacuuming
    5) Move some stuff around/throw out some stuff in the garage

Stay comfortable wherever you are.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, make sure you save seeds from our plants, then you can start them in your green house next spring!

Thats kinda how we feel too, we have to go over 50 miles to a hospital too, the closest town isnt suppose to treat us. We can only go to certain Drs. and they are only in certain towns. If I need to see my Heart Dr. right away I have to go to the other side of Denver, which is way more than an hour. its kinda scarey, around here Drs. are just moving or quitting, I think maybe is cause prices keep going up and if they arent in a group, only certain people can go to them, most cant afford to just pay a Dr. out of their own pocket. One town here even had the emergency clinic close down.
    I wanted to go to my old Dr, I called him and they flat told me $100 bucks up front and thats for 10 min. and doesnt include any kind of tests. I asked if there was a reduced rate for no insurance, and it was a flat nope..
    Sounds like you have the same messes we have. people are making beautiful furniture out of the beetle kill wood, it takes on a blue tinge, but I guess soeone else is making money and they dont like it? so it burns, so wasteful..

ILC, Bet you are posting... Hi!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.