2016 To Do Challenge - Page 251
Page 251 of 351 FirstFirst ... 151201241248249250251252253254261301 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB-WTG all around. So very glad we dont have those inspections here. IDK if my old van would pass. Its about 13yrs old At 134,000.

Taught DH how to check online for his charges. Hopefully thing system works better all around.
    Off to find food. Good day all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, glad you had a good time, those are also some very good deals, you would never find that here!

ILC, well maybe she has made some progress, keep trying, you cant give up. She has to see you doing the right thing over and over, you will get to her....
    So glad you get to talk to your BF's too, was talking to mine yesterday about not being able to catch up, and she mentioned, that she heard from her DD , so it started all over again!! lol

Bernice, hang on, sometimes kids come out of their own brains they think they have, they can actually turn into great people! Hang on...

EB, I learned after last year to get my fruit together first, it never seems to come in at the same time!

Well we finally got some rain, holy cow! This was a violent storm for sure, came in on 70mph wind, dumped hail and rain so fast you could barely see it. Thank goodness it was pea sized hail, but it still shredded leaves, the thunder never quit, then as fast as it came it was gone. Hail was beating on the south windows, I thought for sure they were gone, but everything came out ok, well the 4 o'clocks got beat up pretty good... wish it would rain up in the hills, the Laramie fire is now burning down buildings, I dont think they are houses, maybe old cabins, but its burning all those dead trees like crazy! it has enough fuel to burn for years.

We are suppose to go back in the 80's this Thurs, for a couple days, so we might be out of the 90's, now you know what that means and I'm not even going to say it.

Todays list
    I'm not sure, but I'll find something, I'm sure...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ilc, how old is your daughter? I have a troubled relationship to my mom, too. It's difficult for both og us.

I give up catching up on all your posts. I've had a lot to do the last few days.

My MIL gør the keys to her new home yesterday and we we went there when my BF came home from work. I promised her to buy curtains next week and will help her pack the last of her things om Wednesday. We'll help move her furniture on Thursday and Friday.

I found cherry jam in a supermarked yesterday. I love it and always buy it when I'm in Sweden and Germany. It's the first time I have seen it here, and it was more than half price compared to the usual price of this brand.

My BF has some friends visiting today. We hope for no rain so we can use the grill tonight. I want to send some of our rain to the US.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - hope you didnt think i was judging you on the rescue animals. i was just curious if you got help from any rescue groups. there was a news story local raising funds to help an abused dog recovery and that made me think of it. agreed we all have things we like to do.
    your post made me think i might have upset you. i apologize if i did.

we have car inspections in our state but only certain counties. used to be around 20.00 but now its free. its every other year. i really never understood why it was only certain counties but we will get ours done next month.

pinetree - i would take even a mini storm just to get some rain. the radar for us has been showing as rain all morning but nary a drop. i will get out there and water soon.

Tine - hope your mil gets settled in her new house without any problems. she is lucky to have you to help with the curtains. glad you found your jam at a good price.

got the bookcase together and in place. now i am organizing. it sure gave me alot more storage space. i am thinking of getting another one and then putting the pantry cupboard in the empty closet for non food stockpiling. now that i have the room i will be able to stock up for winter.

made a couple bags of stir fry this morning so they didnt get too old. in fridge. i will finish with the laundry room and i think that will be it for today. i need to get my thrift together and out of the closet. i will take it to the car. just piddly things to take care of.

washer was delivered today and it was a big hit so that was something nice.

You all have a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just had a look a my last post. Wrote it from my phone with Danish auto correct... This one too, so there might be some Danish words mixed in with the English.

Eb, I feel sorry for my mil and try to help her as much as I can. I'm going back to school in the end of August, so I'm glad she got a new home already.

We have car inspections too. It is after four years, when the car is new and then every second year. There's heavy fines if you don't do it or you keep using the car if it doesn't pass the inspection. If your car fails the inspection you need to fix the problems and then have a new inspection. An inspection cost about $65.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DD is coming over tomorrow. I am selling her unused desk to make room for a treadmill in there. She's cleaning everything out. She has a closet and two dressers full of clothes she outgrew, she told me to just get rid of them. I'll take them to that Planet Whatever place and try to get some money. But they tend to reject everything. We don't have good consignment shops around here. I hope she says throw everything away on her desk, she used it as a vanity and has nice perfumes, nail polish and make up I would use. She hasn't touched it in 18 mos so I think I may get some new things, yay!

When I asked if she cared if I sold her desk she said, no as long as she got the money. She has been so horrid lately I'm not giving her the measly $50 I'll be lucky to get for it. I'll tell her I free cycled it. Same with the clothes, I bought them, I'm keeping the consignment money. The easiest thing is to avoid the money topic altogether.

no energy today, I've accomplished zilch, not even my reading. I've got to get going on stuff

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

EB-I was like HUH? It didnt occur to me you might be but I'm the kind of midwest girl that wouldnt be phased anyway. I do get irritated at Sams Club because they cant seem to help asking how many cats I have when I buy 12 40# 2-3x a yr. I have started saying none why? I do what i do and dont worry about others opinons except maybe those in my inner circle. IK my Dneighbors dont know how many cats I have exactly. They are all indoors and I take 4 max. to the vet at a time.

Kinda lazing a bit today. I worked late last night cleaning cat pans,dishes,laundry so I am in a bit of a backwards pattern.

Bernice-understand completely. DD wont lift a finger around here and is content to watch me struggle to bring order but expects rides and acts like I'm a slum lord for the $225. she pays for rides,food,free cable and lodging. I have explained umpteen times it doesnt cover her being here. She wont believe it because its not convienent to. Further, I buy food she likes and it goes to waste as she changes plans on a sunbeam. The other day she wanted to go to COSTCO w/ me and gets a call that BF can come get her,so she wants to go back,nope,I have shopping to do. So the whole trip is overshadowed by meeting him there,is he there yet when I really was just being nice letting her come. So then fit after fit because he had to help his grandpa and may not come. DRAMA. I'm to tired and old. Just to let you know being ignored has its perks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice, I'd keep the money too.

Tine, my DD is 24---25 in February. I know you're glad your MIL has a nice new place to live.
    Cherry jam? I've never had it but it sounds wonderful.

fw, the Varsity is a great place to eat in Atlanta, and the original is very close to the Georgia Tech campus. Warning: some people react adversely to the food but if your DH has a cast-iron stomach he'll be okay. Chili dogs, burgers, fries, onion rings, etc. It's eat-in and also the old-time kind of place where the carhops come to your car, take your order, and bring it to you. Also, there's an IKEA not too far away and it's lots of fun, even for people who aren't into decorating.
    $7000 is actually not that much for all the critters you have and especially with Hunty needing what he did. We spent around $5400 last year and we didn't have a terribly sick boy like you did. So far this year we're doing better with the pet budget since last year both dogs had big checkups and Sadie got fixed. All the cats were already fixed, and the ones we've gotten this year are also fixed. It's obvious Friend is fixed (he's a boy) and Pepper has been here for a few months and hasn't gone into heat. Flea meds are a big chunk of change for us.

Gbug, you are the world's best at finding deals! Maybe you could teach a class.

earlybird, no car inspections here, but there used to be. I'm pretty sure our '98 van with 165,000 miles wouldn't pass, but it works for hauling stuff and for taking dogs to the river. All our vehicles are at least 10 years old but DH maintains them well and that has helped.

pinetree, DD and the new boyfriend were here when we got home from errands earlier today. He had told her that he was taking her somewhere special this evening and for her to wear something dressy. ???? IDK----DH and I are figuring a really expensive restaurant, maybe, as long as he doesn't do anything stupid like propose. They are quite smitten with each other. He's a nice guy but it's just way too soon. Of course, I always plan for the worst so I'm not taken by surprise!
    Is the pipe fixed yet? How fortunate you are to have a plumber friend.
    And you got rain! Sounds like it was too much, though. Our forecast this a.m. was for afternoon thunderstorms and it got very cloudy but now the prediction is no rain till Tuesday.

For Saturday:

1) Errands: Kroger, Sam's, look for a garden hose with DH, Piggly Wiggly for roast at $2.99 a pound and pork chops for $1.29 a pound DONE
    2) Unload/reload/run dishwasher DONE
    3) Figure out supper. I had planned stir-fry chicken but I may do smoked sausage.
    4) Go to Harry Potter activities tonight at Barnes and Noble with DS and get our copies of the new book----so excited!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tine-we have cherry festivals here. This is my favorite childhood vacation stop.
    Northern Michigan Cherry Products::Cherry Related Gifts::The Cherry Hut Store in Beulah,Michigan. IDK if they could ship internationally.

Anywhere in the Traverse City MI. area will have the best cherry products. We used to get the cherry cinnamon jams from there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, cherry cinnamon? Oh, my goodness, that sounds sooooo good!

Does your DH like Japanese food? There used to be a Benihana on Peachtree Street. Also there are a lot of other places on Peachtree. Now, there are LOTS of streets in Atlanta with "Peachtree" in their names but there's only one "Peachtree Street."

If he has time, your DH might enjoy the High Museum of Art, the Grant Park Zoo, and the Margaret Mitchell House (where Gone With the Wind was written). The CNN Center gives tours but they probably require prior reservations. Olympic Park is neat.

Is there a conscierge (misspelled) where he's staying? There would be tons of pamphlets about Atlanta there.

Oh, I just remembered the revolving restaurant on top of a skyscraper downtown! Used to be the Radisson, I think.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc, she's only three years younger than me. I hope your relationship with her gets better. My mom is bossy and has said some very rude things about my BF. We're talking about therapy to help our relationship.

I completely forgot about the new Harry Potter book! I have to decide if I should buy it or wait for it at the library - it could take a year or so.

fw, that place looks amazing. I went to Hamburg some years ago and the only thing I shopped was the thing you use to remove cherry stones (don't know the English word) lol. I love cherries and Danish cherries are available right now.

Pinetree, I can't find the cookie tins from my photo on an american webshop, but I found you this one Kmart.com . I'll cost me $41 to send a parcel to the USA.

I'm off to bed now. It's almost 1 am here.
    Last edited by Tine; 07-30-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine - I call that a cherry pitter. Not sure if it has a formal name or not. I crab about having to take the car for inspection but it is free so I guess I will just go and take care of it.

fw - thanks, glad all is well. you should check into getting your cat little delivered by the truck then you dont have to listen to cashiers and maybe they would unload it for you. just a thought.

pinetree - I have seen the Varsity on Drive Ins, Diners & Dives a couple times. I have never been to an Ikea store but heard they are fun.

Those danish cookies are addictive. We usually get them around Christmas time.....we eat way too many of them.

Didnt do anything after finishing laundry room. We had Tony Roma ribs for supper. You buy them already cooked and just put in oven. My kind of cooking. haha Tomorrow I am making stuffed zucchinis baked in oven.

Well the rain came ----------- all 25 drops of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    . I'm to tired and old. Just to let you know being ignored has its perks.
    it does but i miss the old relationship we had, we had our problems but nothing like this. I have to realize she is in a new developmental stage and pulling away from me is her job, but she doesn't have to be so mean about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, thats the tin I have now except it is only one layer, and yes EB is right they have different ones at Christmas time.. and Holy COW, I can buy alot of tins for the shipping!! Besides I have a recipe and make all I want now!!
    We have a kmart several towns over, we keep hearing they are shutting down the sears and kmarts.
    I bought a cherry pitter too! they are a life saver!
    If I might, suggest, get the therapy, my Mom and I went 100 yrs ago, and I was really glad to find out that I wasnt the one crazy... It makes it easier to deal with later on...I know.... but thats the way it is, you have to deal with what your dealt.

EB I know those cookies are just wonderful aren't they, alot of people don't like them, say they are too dry, I just love them!!

ILC, well now you have me holding my breath, but you know some of the longest marriages come from people being together a couple days...Hope its just a fancy place.... ugh you ok?

We have inspections here now, every 2 yrs, my 89, dually pickup has 180,000+ miles and passes with no problems..of course they are easier on the old ones..

Off to make enchildas and spanish rice,, and watermelon!! lol

FW, hope you DH found somewhere wonderful to eat!

night!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OH EB-you said little instead of litter and its late so my brain is like uh,duh HUH?lol
    Well,I wont be doing Sams Cat anymore and they stopped carrying Tidy Cat non clumping. So I been doing Pet supplies Plus sale plus manufacturer plus store card plus coupon on the back of the kroger recipt and I can use 1 of each per $30. So I just grab a few everytime I happened to be close. I cant do that w/ delivery. I'm stocked in for now. And hopefully DH will eventually be better. but thanks. I save a lot of money by being very planned about everything.

Tine-Its kinda a hole in the wall but delicious plain pies. When we were kids we ate in the outside area almost everytime we vacationed that way. It's just one of those iconic places everyone knows about. I used to get the best jams and preserves from AMON Orchards but they sold out to someone. The Cherry Orchard farmers get top dollar for the farms from people wanting to develop and cant say no. The family doesnt want to farm and they are getting too old. End of an era. But its a great Festival in Traverse City. Not as quaint as years ago but all things grow.

Bernice- I want things to be 3 yrs ago. When DH had a great job,Ds wasnt in the Army,I had no diabetes and was thinner,Bailey beagle was alive,Rugby cat was here.Ddad was alive but time scapes forward dragging us w/ it. I do get it though. She's mad at you for getting sick,knows its stupid and cant help it. Its easier to act mad then scared.

ILC-he would eat that junk but I wouldnt send him. I dread him getting an IBC attack,no to Bennihana or Japanese food. Him is Mr. plain meat and potatoes. He went to Publix and had a roast beef sandwich made,got an apple and pop. That way he will head to the hotel and work while he eats. As he says he's a simple guy. He likes homestyle food,diners,eats like a kindergartener. (grill cheese,hot dogs,pot roast,meatloaf,hot dogs,applesauce,pie) Fancy isnt wanted. HIs routine has become going to the groc. for milk,case of water,maybe cereal or fruit),getting a pizza for over 2 meals at a joint in S.Carolina called Bertolli's. He eats at the hotel for comped breakfast and the company cafe. At night he might go out to places like chili's.