2016 To Do Challenge - Page 256
Page 256 of 351 FirstFirst ... 156206246253254255256257258259266306 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Happy Birthday EB!! Hey whays wrong with 60? I've been there for 3 yrs. and it isnt bad, well except for the gray hair, extra weight , and on and on,, lol,, Have a giant piece of cake one for me!! I will eat 3 pears for you, Happy Birthday!!!
    Have 6 quarts, sealed and cooling, going to try for more tomorrpw, my BF is suppose to call and I dont get much done on those days, but we both realize we may not have many left, so we are taking advantage of it, and thats the story and we arent changing it!! lol

Gbug, No problem, get some rest! and Thank you!!

FW, well at least you can spell!! I knew charcol wasnt right!! Hope it works fast for you..

TDN, Thinking about you...

night

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's a few pictures from my trip. I'll have more to follow.

Windmills in Kinderdijk, Netherlands
    2016 To Do Challenge-img_0102-medium-.jpg 2016 To Do Challenge-img_0115-medium-.jpg

Cathedral in Cologne, Germany
    2016 To Do Challenge-img_0201-medium-.jpg 2016 To Do Challenge-img_0234-medium-.jpg

Marksburg Castle on the banks of the Rhine River
    2016 To Do Challenge-img_0330-medium-.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all. The humidity is coming back so it will be a steamy day today. Yuck I need to do a little more work down to the old house. We had a realtor come by last week and go through it with us to let us know what we need to do (besides emptying and cleaning) to make sure it's in the best place possible when we put it on the market. He had to go back and run comps and some such and is coming back today to let us know what sort of price we should ask for it and go over details etc. Once we're ready to put it on the market we'll call him and let him know and he'll take it from there. He said we'd need to reshingle the roof as it's a 25 year old house and the shingles are warrantied for 30 years so we are getting estimates on that. Some of the shingles have come off and some are in bad shape so it's necessary. We also need to replace the front stairs which are not in the best of shape. We had the guy come out and measure for the precast steps when I was at an appt. So when I came home I asked DH about it and he said yep, he measured and prices would be X etc. I asked if he'd put the deposit on his CC and he said no, he didn't ask for one. That seemed odd to me because I remember putting a deposit on the ones we purchased for this house so I'm not sure if DH actually ordered the steps or just left it that he'd call. His memory is not very good due to his seizure issues and short term memory loss etc so I need to call them today and see if we actually do have them ordered or if I need to push the button on that one. The guy told DH it was about six weeks till they come in which is about what it was for this house. IF by some miracle we do have the house on the market by then we can give the realtor a copy of the order form and picture of the ones we ordered so he can show the prospective buyers.

Anyway, so I will do some work down there after the realtor leaves. I'm seriously doubting I'll do much else to be honest because the house isn't air conditioned and I will be a hot mess by the time I get done working down there so I think I'll hit the pool when I'm done and that will pretty much be it. I plan on homemade pizza for supper. I've got some leftover tomato sauce in the fridge I need to use and there's not enough for pasta. We've been talking about watching The Santa Clause and I was thinking I'd maybe make the pizza in my Christmas tree pan so we can have Christmas shaped pizza and a Christmas movie. Something different for a muggy Thursday night.

GB how do we find you on Facebook? I wish we had an Aldi's around here. That's an amazing price on eggs. Here they are around 3.00 a dozen for just plain regular eggs.

FW did you find the error on the statement?? I can't stand it when I can't find an error like that. One time I was off by something like .37 cents. I about lost my mind looking for it. Finally I gave up and went to bed. Next morning I opened checkbook and BOOM it jumped right out at me. Sorry about the broken glass at SA. The stuff I dropped off yesterday was about 50% glass stuff and I mentioned several times that there was glass in the boxes, it's fragile, handle with care etc and I really hope they don't break them. Pinetree is right, get some charcoal for the freezer. I know my cat's litter box has a charcoal filter in the top that does a pretty good job so charcoal does work.

WJ Welcome back! So glad you had a great trip and the pictures are awesome. Such beautiful scenery. It's nice that you found a potential new traveling companion too on the trip. And yes, shake those post vacation blues by planning your next trip!

ILC when do you leave for the memorial? Safe travels to you. Hope your DD is moving forward on that crown. Goodness, I'd have wanted that done ASAP. Did you get your lists done for DH?

Contrary Housewife thanks for the tip on the jars. I don't can but I bet I could use those for jam. I'm debating making jam this year. I haven't done it in ages but kinda tossing the idea around.

Tine good luck with MIL and the move. I hope it goes smoothly.

Nikko I sent you a request. I am TJ.

EB Happy birthday!

Hi Bernice, Momoffiveboys, KimB, SO, Rabbit and anyone I missed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone!

Niko, I want to be your FB friend! PM me and I'll give you my name.

Gbug, you too, please.

And anybody else, just PM me.

pinetree, what fw said, I was wondering if you would have "issues" from all those pears! LOL I know I would. My friend Jackie says Bosc pears are her favorite but they're just not my thing. DH isn't crazy about them either, even though there was a pear tree in his yard when he was growing up. I'll come to the pear party but I'll bring some peaches.

earlybird, Happy Birthday yesterday! Hope you do well at your weigh-in.

fw, that's awfully early in the morning to go anywhere, but even at 5 the traffic in Atlanta ain't great. I know you're looking forward to having your DH home.

Everybody I missed, hi, hope your day goes well.

Looked for a dress at Kohl's last night and found a couple of cute ones but they were too....clingy. My shape isn't bad at all but I don't wear clingy anything, never have, not going to start at my age. So more shopping today, and I really hate shopping for clothes.

For Thursday:

1) Change hotel reservations for DB and me DONE
    2) Financial stuff with DH DONE
    3) Unload/reload/run dishwasher DONE
    4) Deliver brownies to friend for her DD's birthday and have lunch 12:00
    5) Shop for dress
    6) Clean out fridge/take recycling outside
    7) More laundry
    8) Vacuum/mop

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can find me on Facebook as Nancy Hendrex Chumbley. It is going to be very hot today. I picked the okra. Okra loves heat. Woke up at 3 and finally went back to sleep around 5. Not doing much today. Probably a little needlepoint and that's all. Here is the recipe:

AUTUMN CRANBERRY PEAR JAM

Makes six 8 oz. jars.
    3 cups crushed cored peeled pears
    2/3 cups coarsely chopped dried cranberries
    1/4 cups unsweetened apple juice
    1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
    5 1/2 cups sugar
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1 pouch of liquid pectin

1. Prepare canner, jars, and lids.
    2. In large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine pears, cranberries, apple juice, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon. Over high heat, stirring constantly, bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Stir in pectin. Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
    3. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot jam. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
    4. Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes. Remove canner lid. Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars, cool, and store.

Enjoy! This flies off the shelf of my pantry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My BF sprained his ankle while carrying furniture down stairs. We went to the hospital to have a doctor look at it. It happened after his usual doctor's opening hours.

No fracture, but it hurts, and we might cancel our vacation next week. We' ll ses how it heals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, Thank you So much! Now 2 questions, can I use powder pectin instead of liquid? liquid is kinda hard to find here. and 10 minute process time, is that for sea level? I think I need to add 10 minutes to that for allitude... it sounds wonderful!

ILC, you can bring chocolate!!
    NO, I am not having a problem eating all this fruit!! hehe,, lol, ROTF!! I eat so much fruit I got over that years ago!! Once in a while, and its not too often, I have a problen with a banana, they can stop everything....and only one! so I dont eat them much anymore! lol...
    really I could live on fruit and nuts, well and chocolate...
    Have fun finding a dress. I think I will PM you, I feel left out!!

Hikr, hey I got a couple of PC books from Amazon, the free ones, so hoping to find something good. newest one is thinking about making steel oatmeal in it? never had it and thought maybe I could eat that? any suggestions?
    Good Luck on getting your house ready to sell. Stay cool!!

Tine, The rental is still sitting there, no one has been there for a month.. ugh...
    heres my temps, yea! Its cooling down...

EB, you have to take the eggs out of their shells, I have ice cube trays that hold two large eggs, so I break an egg mix it up alittle, make sure your yolk is broke,and put it in the cube, or now I know how much to put in each one, so just mix a dozen or two and freeze, its smart to spray the trays, with pam, its easier to get them out when froze. then I put them in a freezer bag, if I want them to last along time I seal them in a food sealer bag. To use, take out how many you need and let them thaw out. I put them in a sandwich zip, baggie and put in cold water, it only takes a few minutes. I use them for baking, scrambled eggs, casseroles, etc. it works great, and you cant tell the difference. Lay flat and they dont take up much room.

Hi to everyone I missed.

I was up all night, have pinched nerve in my arm, shoulder, neck I dont know, I can barely move my head, so I'm doing nothing today, period, DH is having his tooth pulled later, he almost canceled again yesterday!! Its bee about a year I think..

Tine, need help with the picture, will do it later.. sorry..

Today
    talk to BF
    eat dinner
    off to bed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, So sorry about you rBF ankle, DId he get a btrace to helpit heal? Those can really hurt.. hope he feels better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ilc-bring to choc and the peaches. I will bring the strawberries and rasp. We can have a dipping party. I wonder what choc. pear would be like? Iused to do a resses size cup of choc w/3 big rasp. when I managed a choc. store and the biggest caramel and nut APPLES ever. Memories~lol

I am so restless today. I'm going out. No real idea where but out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB sent a request under JANIS.

ILC-Will you friend me too. PM me?
    Oh and my site is a bit blank because formerly it was just to check on the Ds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILLC... sent you a message with a link to mine. Waiting to hear.
    Grammar found you and sent FR on FB

Back to work. Storm coming
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - thanks and yes i will be getting my piece of chocolate cake tomorrow. thanks for the freezing egg lesson. i have to laugh that i thought you just put them in the freezer. as you can see, i have never heard of it before. haha i might try a few just to see how it works.

wjc - what gorgeous pics and to think you were standing there in person. i have never been much of anywhere so really enjoy seeing the pics.

ilc - it is so hard to find anything that isnt clingy. i dont do clingy either.

Tine - that is terrible about the sprain. Hopefully it isnt so bad that you have to cancel the trip but I am sure your BF wants to be in peak condition.

Good day today - I lost 2.4 at TOPS so that was enough but then the library called and I was one of the grand prize winners of the Summer Reading Contest. I will pick up my prize tomorrow. I only had one ticket in the pot too. Mattress is in and they said they would deliver tomorrow but then called back and said saturday. Hubs will be in charge as I am leaving for the fair at 6:30 (over 2hr drive). He can handle it. Was going to finish my errands today but will wait until tomorrow. Have a doc appt at 7:30am so will swing home and pick him up and away we will go. I keep thinking about Chex Mix so going to make a 1/2 recipe of it to make sure we still like it. I brought home 2 zucchinis and 2 yellow squash from TOPS today so I want to make some zucchini squares using Bisquick. That is in my mind too. I have been eating my foods i want on thurs, fri and sat and then eating more healthy stuff until weigh-in. I dont feel deprived and have lost 5 weeks straight so it seems to be working.

Not as hot here today...................maybe we will see a raindrop later. I dont hold my breath.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

EB-congrats on the mattress and have fun at the fair. Did you want to get in on the Facebook joining? You got me thinking about choc chip zucchini bread or walnut w/ cinnamon. Missed the farm market this morning,just out of the habit. Oh and happy bday.

HAy Pantray tanks fer the spelln cumplimant!! wheeee! Charcoal.
    Hikr-facebook??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope you all have had a nice summer. We are back from our travels, and I've spent the first week catching up on sleep. I could take a week more off work if I wanted to, but think I'll save the rest for the PTO for christmas. If you want to see some photos, I've uploaded a few to our travel blog: Travel Electric
    Total paid/saved: $115 900
    Total goal: $290 900
    To do: $175 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree--Not sure about sea level stuff. I think you could use the powdered pectin as long as it was the same proportion. The liquid is 6 oz.