2016 To Do Challenge - Page 259
Page 259 of 351 FirstFirst ... 159209249256257258259260261262269309 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Up and trying to get ready for a very long day. Made potato salad last night and putting BBQ chicken in the crockpot. My eldest DS is going in for a new job interview as he and his wife have relocated to Austin for her job. Please keep him in your prayers. Gotta make DH jello tonight for tomorrow as he will be having a colonoscopy on Wednesday as routine. His doc is JoJo Fletcher's dad. She was the bachelorette this past show. I hope he doesn't ask too many questions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Payers for interveiws and other things! Have a good morning. Got up paid bills and am taking DD. Gotta stop back and get DH's chair to the trash. Then maybe Aldis. GRooving on a cranberry Mcmuffin too.
    More scatter cleaning and A TRIP TO TARGAY for dog food and Excederin. Hope to hit Costco for more stockup cat food.
    Need to call dentist
    and Dmom
    See ya!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's cloudy and dark today and it's not going to rain. Grr! At least it is not 100 out either. Need to wash a sink load of dishes left over from the weekend -- funny but I don't remember cooking that much. Also need to put on some old clothes and cover myself with bug spray for a trip to the garden. Then clean up and go to Trader Joes this afternoon. Going to be busy.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, it's that way here too----slim rain chance but it's quite overcast and dreary. Not hot, though, for which I'm very grateful.

Gbug, where were your son and wife before Austin? And how far is Austin from you?
    I'll put him on the prayer list.
    Has your DH gone the colonoscopy route before? I dreaded mine till I actually had it and it wasn't awful at all. I have to have one every 5 years due to my dad having had polyps, but I won't dread it anymore. They even made sure to put something in the anaethesia (spelled wrong) to ensure I wouldn't throw up when awakening, since that usually happens to me.

fw, you're busy. Send me some energy, please! Today is a droopy, draggy day here.

All the posts mentioning potato salad are almost inspiring me to make some since we have an abundance of potatoes here.

For Monday:

1) Vacuum/mop
    2) Plan weekly menus
    3) Record recent expenditures
    4) Give cats their flea meds
    5) General reset of the downstairs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

earlybird, our state fair was always in the fall, usually October after the worst of the hot weather was over. Now we have a different fair that has taken over but it's really awesome. We like to go see the farm animals and eat the food. Glad you got some fun exercise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well so sorry here guys but is gorgeous and that nasty chair of DH's last left the yard,yes! Have to square up w/ the lawn guy and set up to see what he wants to do a clearing job. I have picker bushes who have picker bushes back there. Want to eradicate them before the dogs start getting into them.

Just a had much needed nap. DMackie joined me so it could have been more restful. Its like sleeping w/ a 2 yr. old the size of a full grown person!. I wish Dh could have lunch w/ me on the deck but he needs to work,sigh.

ILC-our fair moved. It was on the 8 mile strip a few miles from my home (but oh so far in neighborhoods!) and we went every year. Fresh blueberries,the butter cow and lots of animals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - hoping your husbands friend is better. will send a prayer up. i dont think we have any bottle refunds here anymore. seems to be when we were kids we would return glass pop bottles for money. will have to ask my sister and mom what they remember. we also have a recycle truck that comes once a week and empties the bins at our apts.

we went to the zoo today since it was going to be the coolest day this week. it was a nice walk around. an actual breeze that wasnt hot.

hello to everyone - hope life is treating you well today. i feel jumbled and will take tomorrow to reorganize myself

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gbug, sending up prayers, what a bunch of crap, cut your pay in half, feeling for you.

Fw, sorry, good things are ok with your anlmals, and DH mde it home ok. Whoo HOO getting that chair out of your hair!!
    Sending prayers for your friend, hope he is ok. He is the same age as me, when I had mine. Hugs..

EB, Glad you enjoyed the fair, people dont realize how much work goes into one. Relax and recoup...

TDN, you have been on my brain latetly, everything ok?

ILC, so glad you made it there and back safe, and DH cleaned the kitchen for you!

CH, you must be getting the cool weather we had a couple days ago, its back up in the 90's now, enjoy while you have it!

Hi, hikr, SD, Niko, SO, and ones I cant remember...

made steel cut oatmeal w/ blackberries in the crock last night, trying to get my numbers down, anyway, I like it, going to try next w/apples, then maybe pears, to sweeten it.

I dont have a bottle cat, but my russian blue tipped the scales at 28 lbs, Little kitten came in at 27, vet called her Tazzie the chunky monkey.

THe kids took Fancy to the vet Sat, she got a steriod shot, Dr. thinks she might have an infected tooth, the tech told the kids she has a tumor. They saw the vet we have had for a 100 yrs, and he said not to worry, at least for 3 weeks, she started eating the next day, and now wont stop, well she never did quit, but now she wants food 5-6 times a day, so she must be feeling better...

Today
    dishwasher, done
    find, get dinner together, done
    2 loads laundry, done
    send a note to a friend who moved south, I really miss him..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I was worried about you since you hadn't posted in a couple of days. Hope Fancy keeps eating and feeling better. Why did the tech say there was a tumor---were x-rays, scans, etc., done? I hope that tech is wrong!
    I seem to remember you don't like cinnamon?? That, mixed with sugar substitute, is awfully good on oatmeal. I like it chunky, not pasty, and not watery. My mom was a great cook but the trick of good oatmeal was not in her repertoire so I never liked it till I cooked it myself.
    Glad you're back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-thanks. So dummy me on the charcoal. Was I supposed to break it up because I just put bricquettes in the bottom and it smells better but still smells a bit??? Clueless. Fancy-sounds like Maxx. Did her Glucose get checked. Cats get low sugar and are hungry. Maxx needs a recheck.

Also, I saw this vet w/ Mackey last week and she said she didnt like COSTCO supplements because they could put "anything" in them because they were not FDA approved or rated. NOW food and drug admin. usually doesnt have ratings on supplements do they? I have been searching the internet and cant seem to find any that directly say they are approved. They say Glucosamine MAY be good for joints. I thought she was trying to upsell me but she got under my skin. I just bought $95. worth of Glucosamine for Mackey for the yr. (he takes 4 a day). So I'm upset. Anyone know anything?? Are the dog brands better,I know they are WAY!!! more. and he would need 5 chews a day. I was happy before I talked w/ her.

DID nothing more today except fill the plastic silverware box and pick up DD,talk to Dmom again about the prayer chain. Sucha sunshine lizard. OH well falls coming soon and I want to play-sue me!.lol

Hahaha! Dmom can kill a piece of meat into leather. I cant make creme puffs. So funny the quirks that trip us up.

EB-its a thing here. the boy Scouts will collect them for money to go places. They can make hundreds. And its his friends brother but thank you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I'm sorry I saw you asked about the charcoal, and forgot to say something, No, just leave it whole, it its absorbing alot of the smell fast, change it out, it can only hold so much. I think I would change everyday.
    Fancy was taken in because she had bad breath, we cant get her tiny mouth open, , really her mouth is teeny tiny. I'm sure she has the kids buffaloed into doing what she wants, they both feel horrible for taking her in and getting a shot. Ha, talk about spoiled cats!! DH went and checked on her and she was sleeping on the new bed she got yesterday!!! so shes ok!! I sent up a prayer for her.

On the glucosamine, our vet told us to just to and buy them, are the vets a lower mg then the ones at costco? Just make sure thery are the same. Ya know you can get their meds at walmart too, you dont have to buy stuff from the vet. When Tazzie was having her heart problems her heart Dr. told us to get them at walgreens they were alot cheaper.. they make a kickback on everything they sell, even the food,

ILC, the tech checked her first, told them that and walked out, they never saw her again, Dr. D says hes sure its her tooth, he has 50+ yrs, so I'm hoping hes right, altho he was wrong on little kitten... sigh,,, sob...

Tine, I ate two cookies and thought of you and my special friend, wanted to ask how your BF's ankle is doing..still planning your trip?

off to fix dinner...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC--This is a routine colonoscopy for DH. No problems. My DS was in Houston about an hour south of Austin. Austin is about 4 hours from us. It is a bustling city. It is the state's capital and home of the University of Texas. My DD use to live there. It is a very popular place in the hill country for music venues. It has Austin City Lights concert which brings in famous and new bands. It is also known for it's beauty. It is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Too much traffic and expensive. My DD did not live too far from Matthew McConohaughey, if that gives you any clue to the city.

My morning class is fun. My afternoon class is filled with a boy who constantly hits and kicks, a girl that only wants to do ballet, and two other girls who just worship the other two and follow whatever they are doing. It's going to be a very long two weeks. We may get rain today and my head hurts. I need a vacation!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I hope your cat gets better soon. my BF's ankle is feeling better, so we'll leave for vacation tomorrow. We ordered a new patio door and a window some months ago. The carpenters called Friday and told us, they can come tomorrow and only tomorrow because they're busy. I think that's horrible costumer service! Luckily my MIL can come tomorrow and stay all day.

We plan to go to a WW2 German prisoner camp just north of the Danish/German border on our way to a city about five miles south of the border, where we'll stay. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fr%C3%B8slev_Prison_Camp

The Danish vikings build a defense from invaders from the south across Jutland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danevirke
    The area is now 30 miles south of the border and became part of Germany because of a lost war in 1864. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Schleswig_War

I'm not sure how I feel about driving on German freeways. They don't have speed limits, but we're going to the museum anyway.

We'll see some more historic sites and museums, maybe some castles, do some cross border (cheaper) shopping, and then take a ferry just north of the border to the island I come from and visit family. They think they never see me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought a pair of sandals at half price on sale today. I have short feet, and they're wide in front and narrow at the heel. It makes it difficult for me to find sandals. They were in a pile of "last sizes - sale" shoes and fit perfectly. Bought black denim dye for my worn black jeans and some things for my MIL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tine-no speed limits!!! A fact Dh apparently left out when he went to Dusseldorf (sp.) on business in years past.-maybe he didnt drive?

Woke up w/ a bad back and took Tylenol Migraine because it was handy. I been stewing over DD going on that 3rd vacation and going out w/ a friend last night but having no time to get her battery fixed,clean her room or the upper bath she has trashed. I am very resentful towards her right now as she refuses to lift a finger to help around here and she watches me struggle. AND her dad travel for 2 weeks at a time in a cast. I told her she needed to get herself together she would be 26 in Oct. and had a list of reasons why she couldnt do anything but there was plenty of time to play,spin wool and yack on the phone. I also had offered to let her take the cost of the driving test off her meager rent and she hasnt moved to get a new battery because she let the car sit so long w/o moving it. I told her she had 1 month to get it fixed and take that test or I was selling the car as the registration still hasnt been transferred after a yr. and that I would give her what she paid back and keep the diff. It is such an insult to watch it rot after I fixed it up and went to such lengths.
    I think the final straw was when she crashed our anniversary dinner,ate a steak then the next night promised to make hamb. helper for her dad and didnt. Her excuse was the stove "had stuff on it". Wow,it moves and we have a burner on the grill. So nope. I have tried everything I know but as usual I told her she has pushed it to the limit. She has a crappy job but had to pass other jobs up because she cant get there. I told her to think about her car in the driveway while she walks home today because we will be at the surgeon hoping Dh's leg is still healing. Hoping the cast can come off soon. I didnt say it but I am about 30 sec. away from driving her so maybe getting the car going will seem more imp.
    I usually feel bad yelling at her but I must be far gone becuause not today. DH and I are under a huge amt of stress and quite frankly she is adding to it instead of helping. Failure to lauch. Sorry needed to dump that.

Surgeon at 2pm so we'll leave in about an hour. Went to kroger and Aldis. Kroger has Classico tomato sauce and alfredo type for $1.49 when you get 6 so I stocked in. Still waitnig on the spiced peaches to go on sale. Going to get 3-4 cases. They are up to $1.49 ea. so if they go 10/$10. I will grab or order.

So sweet-Hunter now lays vertically against Mikey all the time. And they play tug. Mikey is so careful w/ him and they are becoming very bonded. I think Hunter is realizing he is here for the long run. So happy to see how healthy he is now. If I could just keep the pudge out of the cat kibble things would be excellent!