2016 To Do Challenge - Page 296
Page 296 of 351 FirstFirst ... 196246286293294295296297298299306346 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well thats great, I have all 10.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc, I hope it doesn't get too warm again. It's 50 F here during daytime. I have an app telling our water and district heat use and get an email every month on electricity.

Pinetree, I really hope you like them and want to know how they turn out. I thought of you when I saw these tins in a department store some weeks ago. BF laughed at me, when I stopped to take pictures and told him it was because an American woman on this site loves them.

100 DKK is $15 and 40 DKK is $6. How much are they in the USA? I think they are more popular outside of Denmark than they are here. Don't remember seeing them in the supermarkets I go to.

2016 To Do Challenge-img_20160904_112328398.jpg

2016 To Do Challenge-img_20160904_112334420.jpg

I still have to hang laundry outside and do a few other things before I go to bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, you will have to help me with this, mine is a 340g E, I'm not sure what that is but I can get them on sale at christmas for $2.50 a tin. Wow I would give you $6 for that giant tin! Oh my gosh I could eat a cookie everyday and it would last me a year!! Wow, I'm going to see if I can get one that big.

Thank you so much for that picture, tell Your BF, I really do love those cookies, and you for the picture!!

Hows school going for you? I cant remember what you are taking..

I will let you know how they, the cookies come out, these have that special flavor, I have never found in another cookie. but I am sure willing to try it, and if you eat them its got to be the real thing. Sandies here just dont taste the same.

ILC temp only got up to 43* yesterday, 70* today, back in the 80's for the weekend, then we have a storm coming down from Washington and Oregon, that suppose to cool us off and maybe rain. The Ac's are still in the window and I'm sure will be used again tomorrow or so. Its still snowing in the mountains, it can stay up there too!

I cant get over staring at those tins, its amazes me how big they are... I am SO glad other people love them as much as I do!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default fall Break

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
    Thanks for the history lesson!

In the US we had similar harvest breaks. In Maine some of the public schools still continue the potato break tradition although it is fading as the family farm has transitioned into agribusiness.

Enjoy your break!
    Indiana still has a week off in Fall at least the schools where my great grand sons goes.We always been us't to spring break and when they said the boys is getting out for fall break we said what are you talking about.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, you do NOT have the signs! You don't need to worry.
    Aren't those tins of cookies awesome?! WOW! The only things I've ever seen in tins that size are potato chips and popcorn. I had several of the seasonal ones (Christmas, winter, Valentine's Day) that I used for storage of seasonal decorations in my classroom.

Thanks for the pictures, Tine!

The last several years our local public schools have a week off in the fall in addition to a week off in February and spring break in late March/early April. But the summer vacation is only 6 or 7 weeks long now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want a week off! Maybe I should look for an online course, maybe on knitting? i need to adopt a hobby, a relaxing hobby, not a frustrating or exciting one.

I did start a new project, starting tomatoes, peppers, things from the garden, trying to clone my old plants into new ones for next year. so far its working I have roots growing from my tomatoe vines!! Yipppee! I hope this works, it will keep me busy this winter. Of course I am also doing some of my flowers, maybe I will have plants with flowers thru the winter, next am trying to clone my fruit trees, also have a bunch of peach pits am going to try and get started too. I need a giant green house.

ILC, i really do have those, I think some of it is meds, but sometimes it sares me.

Adding running the dishwasher for RABBIT, Hi! I miss you, but I know you are smiling!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 10-13-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-IK I am overtired because the head only chipmunk was funny. Halloween deorr for cats. Oh dear. Really need to sleep tonight. We had such a biblical storm I can only think it was hurricane remnants. Anyone who has been depressed,anxietous or even just overitred has those symptoms. It's just the slide downward that nails it. Dmom can still do her checkbook but has stopped baking and sewing. The sewing was blamed on eyesight. She loses stuff a lot but doesnt fall that IK of.

Accidently hurt Hunty last night. i am trying to break him of flying at me and jumping w/ a thud after he comes in at night.He is making bruises and its bad manners. I put my hand up and caught him under the arm. I felt bad as he yelped. But boy he is a little dog and can hold a grudge. He shot me why did you abuse me looks for hours even though I let him on my bed. Who owns who?? He is fine by the way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. A storm is on its way, so I got up early to let the fur babies out before it comes. Started teaching myself how to crochet the moss stitch yesterday. I am going to practice a while before I work on a project. I'm working at the soup kitchen this morning and I don't know what after that. I still haven't made it to Kroger yet. Don't forget to download your Friday freebie. I think it's some kind of candy. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, $2.50 each confirms my impression it was a turist trap.. They had a 10 % off for costumers with non-EU pasports sign in English next to them. Finskbrød is actually only the 6th most popular Christmas cookie here. Google Translate sometimes make weird translations, but here's a link to a newspaper article http://tinyurl.com/j5mo2h2

I'm studying nature and environmental science.

I just got an assignment today on nature and sustainable tourism (they call it a break and give us a ten pages assignment...). I have to compare Denmark with somewhere else and was thinking of you. If one of you live next to a national park or just a place popular for it's nature, know someone who do, or know something about nature and tourism, I would love to have you/them tell me something for my assignment.

We'll have friends for dinner tonight and I plan to bake my favorite apple cake.

Today:

Grocery shopping - done
    Vacuum floors.
    Bake and cook for tonight.
    Last edited by Tine; 10-14-2016 at 06:09 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Need to get moving and do the dishes, make the bed, mop the kitchen floor, deep clean the bathroom and head out to run some errands, really an excuse to do a little leaf peeping!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, what fw said---ALL of us have some of the signs sometimes, usually because we're so tired or stressed. You have to look at the symptoms over a period of time and compare with what used to be. Example: my mom started calling us for directions to get somewhere she'd been going for years, she forgot how many critters she had, she was spending money on stuff that "a nice man sold to me," etc. None of those things were at all normal for my mom. DH's sister, the one whose husband died a couple of years ago, is acting pretty spacy but she's always been that way. We sold DH's mom's house (really bad area) for $5500 and his sister thought it brought $50,000. But this isn't unusual for things to confuse her. We've actually wondered if we could tell if she did get Alzheimer's because we're so used to her being the way she is. I'm not being mean to say that, she admits that she's nuts! Love her dearly but she is certainly frustrating to deal with at times.

Yesterday I had had enough of this big pile of STUFF behind DH's chair in the den so I cleaned it all up. I found receipts from 3 years ago, tools he didn't remember having, etc. It was a large basketful and a couple of smaller piles full of things. I went through it all, tossed some stuff, cleaned the area well, and stored the "keep" items in one of the storage rooms. DH got upset till I showed him where everything is now and he's cool with it. He keeps saying, "I've got to get in the basement and get it organized" but it has yet to happen. Oh well.

For Friday:

1) Admire clean area behind DH's chair ONGOING
    2) Unload/reload/run dishwasher
    3) Revise weekly menus
    4) Clean up around MY chair (it's not nearly as bad as DH's was)
    5) Do laundry!!!!
    6) Change sofa slipcover
    7) Do Bible study homework assignment DONE

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-I agree. Dmom has never done anything or been anywhere so she doesnt know how anything works. Like she's Amish. So yes,its hard to tell. She always tells me I'm wrong then way later she so amazed what i said is true. Dh and I need to get into several places like that over the next few years-like the garage.WE dont even know all whats in there. I laughed at Admire clean area behind chair-no doubt!.lol

Got many good deals at Kroger again after dropping DD. Ds blew a hose on his truck coming back from Wisconsin heading back to base so he called good old dad to get him a tow truck and find a service station. Kinda nice he still needs us. He'll end up calling his base I imagine. They are looking now to see if its just the hose.
    Got the groc. put away now I need to eat a piece of pumpkin pie I just baked and gather some wash.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine, how can I help you?

I live kinda near Rocky Mountain National Park, tho I have to admit now I havent been up there for years. Dad use to go up and listen to the elk bugaling, mating call, and watch the big horned sheep climb the mountain side.
    I do kinda have a nature area in my yard, well all the animals and bugs think so anyway. If theres something I can do or send you let me know and I will try. We also have a couple lakes that are kinda nature areas. I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Interesting about the cookies, my DIL's family makes fisk? A really hard cookie, kinda like bascotti SP on that..

TDN be careful! Thats alot of rain..

Todays list
    make a giant pan of lasagna, thinking of you OM
    clean bathroom
    if it warms up, go cut trees
    call BFF, its her birthday!
    send income tax off, its finally done
    Reference, " its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get back up" V Lambardi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

so my Ds blew the head gasket ,cracked the radiator and made general toast of his monster truck. He broke down in Nebraska in the middle of nowhere 400 miles from base. In his young man wisdom he drove it 150 more miles and DH has gotten him a tow to the RV storage center for $25. a month.Too tall for a storage center. He still has a balance on it so we dont know how that will go. He is currently in a diner in I think S. Platt? Dh said. His friend is driving to get him back. In hindsight I wish he had just bought a ticket to fly to see his GF. We told him we will pay the tow but IDK about anything else. Dh has no idea how much longer this job will go. Long day. Just want to suck him into the phone and tuck him in his old bed. I am sure his C.O. wouldnt mind-riiight!.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So Ds is approaching the base. He was picked up late and they drove all night.
    To do
    sleep for awhile now
    go to Costco for Halloween candy,cat food and canned cat food.
    dishes

Idk is Dmom is moving or if I should even call ATP. Mikey seems no worse for eating the choc. and raisins. beagles and esp. oversized beagles can eat anything.