2016 To Do Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 351 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tonight was a success! I got my 3 things done and made dinner!

Now I'm relaxing wrapped up in my favorite quilt watching Netflix.

Our office closes tomorrow at 3:00 so I plan to take down the Christmas decorations. Didn't do much decorating this year as we were not going to be home. So not much to take down!

So my to do list for tomorrow is:

1) take down Christmas decorations
    2) vacuum
    3) empty trash cans

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I think Kohl's is one of those stores that mark prices up so they can mark them down, so it looks like more "savings".
    ITA but they let you stack coupons and deals and kohl's cash and YES cash to the point on some of my stuff I could not see how they were making money. I ordered 3 clearance shirts, got tons of stackable codes or what not, then got an email days later that one shirt was out of stock. But they kept all the deals, I got 2 shirts shipped for free for $2.47. It's been like that on other orders, too. When I returned a coat, the girl had my receipt with the price I paid on it, she couldn't get the computer to accept the low price so she gave me the full price in a credit, like $40 more than I has paid. made no sense- I buy coat cheaply, return coat with receipt and end up making $40 on the whole shebang.

I paid the bills and bought binder clips so I have everything I need to organize 2014/2015 medical stuff. Now to get the desire to go through all that stuff again but organize it 10x better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-I agree w/ Bernice. I laugh at the original price but use the Kohls cash,always get free shipping which to me is $10. gas bonus,Always hit retail me not for more,get the items on sale too. The nightgowns i got are so soft and plus sizes for $11.50 each. thats old Kmart prices on good stuff. And i just love getting Kohls cash for spending Kohls cash and a few dollars. So yeah its a game of tug-o-war but i play to win-everytime.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. It is sunny, but cold here today. Didn't get the house cleaned yesterday, so that is my big chore today. I hope everyone has a prosperous new year. No resolutions here. I like surprises. Well, most of the time. All my kids are now back home safely. My DM is still here, but I am keeping her busy. She started coloring yesterday and she is now addicted! That is good since I can't keep her in books to read. After I clean today, I am going to make a ham and cheese quiche for dinner with leftover ham and then try to start my new book by Raeanne Thayne, THE CHRISTMAS RANCH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I am going to chill. Tomorrow I will jump into the New Year and work to make it a good one. Happy New Year everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy New Year!

this weeks tasks done

for next week, try to in a week to really organize all financial and medical papers, I dread this even though it was done crudely already. Then the following week, follow up that I have the last 3 months of all doctors' notes and get them to my lawyer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're going to Mom's tomorrow for Christmas dinner, now that we're mostly healthy again. I'm putting together the meal, so working on that a little bit today. I slipped up because we should have gotten groceries yesterday so now I don't have the stuff to prep today. But I can do some of it and it's not going to be anything elaborate anyway, since it's just the three of us. I'm going to take a sausage-stuffed flank stead and roast it with potatoes and carrots, with a layered side salad and a frozen pie. Simple and easy to transport since I'll cook the roast at Mom's.

I ran a temporary phone line from my sewing room into the hallway today, since we're down to one working phone, which annoys me no end. We didn't get the whole phone system rewired before winter and it's up to its old tricks again. Every day we get to figure out which phones are working, since they take turns. Normally we have four phones in the house and now we're lucky to have one. But at least the hallway is more convenient than the sewing room. For some stupid reason, the cordless phones aren't working in the sewing room, which makes me wonder if the problem is all three cordless phones. It seems odd they would all fail at once though. Only two of them are related to each other, but the third one is quite old, so I suppose it's possible.

I think we'll be going to get a new stove sometime this weekend. Can't wait to have to move that in and the old one out. But the one Husby found looks really nice and it'll be fun to have a good stove again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow you guys are still busy!! Had A minor malfunction, but I'm back and ready for a New Year. Hopefully this one will be alot better,
    I need to make Dr. appts for all my Drs, including my Dr. Hero, cardio dude. Feeling kinda down I wanted to be all better by now, off the oxygen, but its just going to take me longer.. Its not like I am not trying! Need to get my happy day attitude back and off we go!!

Welcome to all the new faces! We really do have alot of fun here, and these girls are SO supportive!!

We are having our New Years Eve dinner a day late, my DS has to work, he leaves for work at 8:30pm so it kinda messes everything up, but its only us 4, so it doesnt matter..

RABBIT and TDN, incase you didn't see on the 2015, WTG on your tests. RABBIT hang in there..We need to get on those bikes when the weather warms up!!

SD, Good Luck with your stove, and hoping Sugar is doing better
    Also saw you making WW chinese chicken, can I get the recipe online? It sounds wonderful, I can make my own no salt soy sauce now.

FW, Are you done with the pantry yet?

Niko, still sending up the prayers for you.

Ayanka, so sorry about your roof, but its a good thing you found it!

ILC, enjoy your friends visit! How bout a picture of your new Ring? hugs

gbug, so glad you had a good visit with family!

SO, welcome and have a great year!

Sally, welcome back, enjoy your relaxing day!

Bernice, I hope this year you heal and feel better everyday.. You have had a tough year too.

J, Have a great New Year!

Hi to those I didn't get... JEN, OM, Zhoen,....

FW, you need to keep your voice down, I heard you say "sale", yep went and looked and bought a ravioli maker!! Now I can make My own and eat it!! SO excited!! I'm gonna make my own ricotta too! Great deal on your nightgowns!

Todays list
    make salads for tomorrow
    vacuum
    laundry
    get load ready for GW

Have A Happy New Year everyone!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy New Year Everyone!

We are not doing anything tonight. My DD16 is going to a party, but fortunately it's in the neighborhood about 4 blocks away. I think I'll light some candles, order a pizza and curl up and watch Netflix (my new addiction)!

I've been sitting on a letter marked "Tuition Info Enclosed" from my son's college for the Spring Semester. I've been putting it off. He goes to a private Liberal Arts College that normally would run $35,000/year. Last semester he qualified for several scholarships and ended up paying only $2,200! So was unsure as to what to expect for the spring....finally opened it today and he owes only $4,400!!! whoo-hoo!!!!! So his junior year cost him $6,600. Wow! I'm still in shock. I'm so happy for him that he will not be burdened with $140,000 in student loans. He paid for his first year in cash at local community college for his generals, and has paid for all his books all 3 years with cash.

Hope to get all my Christmas stuff down and packed away and stored under the steps. That's always such an ordeal. Hate it! Looking forward to my 3 day weekend. Have a great time tonight!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a tragic tale to tell. It's a cautionary tale, and you may want to tell it to others before they go to whatever parties they head to tonight.

Last year, there was a college girl in Duluth who went out for a party with friends. It was bitterly cold and after being dropped off at home, she couldn't get into her own place, for whatever reason. She was near death when she was finally found. She ended up losing parts of both hands and both feet, her life changed forever because her friend who drove her did not wait until she got inside the building to leave. Yes, she's responsible for her own drinking which probably contributed to what happened, but what a horrible punishment for a mistake millions of people make every New Year's Eve. So the moral of the tale is, if you or your loved ones are with people who are being dropped off, wait that extra minute to be sure the person being dropped off gets safely into their home. That extra minute or two would have made all the difference to a young woman who is forever changed now and sentenced to a lifetime of being handicapped for making a stupid mistake. If your loved one is the one being dropped off, remind them to ask their driver to wait for them to get safely inside at home.

Alyssa Jo Lommel, 19, has all her fingers amputated after being left on porch for nine hours in subzero temperatures | Daily Mail Online

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How sad, I have always waited for people to get inside, maybe I'm weird.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all. Happy New Years Eve. We are making HM pizza. I wanted frozen bread loaves but apparently you cant get Rhodes anymore and Krogers is tasteless. Dh got the rolls dough @ $4.99. Men can be clueless. The idea was cheaper pizza. So now my pizza will cost more than carry out!!lol I told him to get 10 pops as they are .77 for a 2L so he gets 15!! Even w/ a list and 2 phone calls I should have gone myself.

Pinetree-no,not even 1/2 done after 48 hrs. effort. The plan is by the end of this month. This weekend will prob. be a break as DH is home.

SD-hate New Years because it gives some people a dumbaxx license. Shooting off guns and firecrackers. Drinking til their blind drunk. I stay in and hope no one drives thru my front window. When i lived in my old house they would drive from the town drunk hitting windshields w/ bats and just honking horns until the wee hours. Never miss that. I was teasing Dh-Hey lets go to Walmart!!

I was so annoyed today. I have to buy a new plate for my van. I transferred that plate from my late vehicle so its over 10 yrs. old. Some new state law. It's only $5. but the hassle is more annoying. Leave me alone ya know? Probably have to think about the car too. Pretty sure we had that from the old car too.
    That is 1 thing I hate about the new yr. All the pestering to replace this and renew that,nigley little rate hikes in garbage and life ins,health ins. renewal.

Sd-we still havent had dinner w/ Dmom. I was going until my window started falling down.lol I am mentally ready to move on but still have to do stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-I beg your pardon!! You will not, no way, blame that on me. So did you get a good deal. What are we talking anyway,I just have this old fashioned cookie cutter like thing thats antique from a garage sale I got for .50. and I new made my own ravioli.
    Funny story though. I also bought bras and underwear and used DH's email to get through the process because I was caught in the loop. Forgot your password thingy and the sale was ending so I used his. So he comes home and I say,I got underwear and bras today. He says I know,they sent a notification. So,I get this visual of him in an important meeting and it pops up. Your bras have been shipped! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

here it is FW..

2016 To Do Challenge-ips101a-1-.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

House is clean and laundry done. Ham and cheese quiche in the oven for dinner and staying in and watching tv. Have a great new year.