2016 To Do Challenge - Page 306
Page 306 of 351 FirstFirst ... 206256296303304305306307308309316 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Folded decorations must be in the air. This came up on my pinterest. It is done using fabric.
    I think i need to try this technique.

https://craftingarainbow.wordpress.c...-fabric-stars/

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy November 1st. It will be in the 70's here today. I will enjoy it but I think wed I will
    get the windows done in and out and go get the plastic I need for the window. That temp will
    take a nosedive soon.

Very productive today so far............having a tea break now. I have everything chopped and
    ready to make the quiche. I am looking forward to it coming out of oven later.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, FW. It still feels like June here. Already 70 and supposed to reach ~80 today! That's easily 20* above normal.

I will have to check and see if there is room for another ham. We got several this spring when one of their refrigerated cases failed and the manager had to dump about 100 hams ASAP. They were going for $1 each!

Going to hit the halloween clearance today. Need to return the cable company boxes and remotes. Need to call the vet and make an appt for the cat.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning EB. Hadnt even thought about the plastic! still back on hose and patio table in-so out of it this year.

Took the van and dropped it off. Its full of S.A. drop offs and had a big spider web in the passanger seat-made me laugh.
    Went to the groc. W/ Hubbys car. m/m's $1.99 for peanut. Also got black throw blankets for $7.50 reg. $20. Halloween is 1/2 off. Got dh and i eac. orange juice,milk and water. this is some kinda super cold virus. Its mild today again so I am airing out the house.
    TO DO
    -sleep more
    -laundry
    -fridge
    -vaccumn?
    Everyone have a good day. And dont forget to vote this week. Unless your voting opposite of me and then you should feel free to stay home.lol JK.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-your welcome. Now see they would sooner write them off and waste them then do that here. I mean at least call the food bank??
    I'm waiting on the garage regarding the van then maybe I'll go today. I would like to get both turkey and ham. If I make the lasagne maybe that will free a good space.
    Yeah I got the caramel milky ways $1.89 and the m/m's $1.99 like 11 oz. been waiting for the peanut m/m's to drop below $2.50

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We bought the 50% off candy, and bought a mess of it, but only the ones that arent marked with halloween decorations. called our town hall and told them we have all the candy for the angel tree in the freezer bags will take it over later.. They are more than happy, we are glad to give to the ones having trouble with this years holidays..she will stick it in their freezer, now to buy a couple new coats for the seniors, some of them dont even have coats... no one seems to help the seniors, so we try to get them gift certificates of find out what people really need, the food bank makes them a box filled with things for their christmas dinner.

Cleaned the oven yesterday, now its already for me to destroy for holiday cooking, I really make a mess...been really tired so dont know how far I will get.

Trying to stay away from people, everyone seems to have the flu, thats the last thing I want to deal with now

I think I will try those Tine, Can you make them with ribbon? the gift package kind? I will try one and see what happens, theres no way I could do the 12 piece one! Thanks for the links!

today
    food saver candy
    find dinner again
    change out pillows
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If anyone needs canning jars target has Ball quarts and pints on sale, today only, use code KITCHEN to get another 20% off.

I found the quarts to be cheaper than the pints, so ordered 4 cases, total of $23.91, with free shipping to home. I havent seen the this price for along time.. now if I could find lids.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, yes you can use ribbon, but it's harder to control than paper. I don't think it's the best way to start, but give it a try. It's lighter than paper and since it's not flat the ends get in the way. They are difficult to handle on a table like she does in the video. I just fold them in my hands, but that comes with experience.

I've made the small ones for almost 20 years and only tried the large one for the first time three years ago.

I've actually bought ribbon for stars when I saw something I like. Just made this from ribbon to give the best reply.

Name:  IMG_20161101_211213053.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  138.0 KB

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made the rounds today looking for Halloween clearance. Got one bag of bite size Snickers for DH's lunches. Can't believe the normal retail price of candy. Picked up some things at the craft stores but most of them have already cleared out Halloween and Thanksgiving items. My best find was mini LED light strands for DH to tinker with @ 70% off.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

never made it to Aldis because I never heard back about the van. Hope its done tomorrow.
    Still battling whatever this is and need to hit the anibiotics soon I guess.

Gosh i guess it IS time to think about Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-that why I only ended up getting the m/m's and the caramel milky ways. Not paying $2.50 for 11 oz. I only hit Kroger near me but maybe tomorrow I can do the S. Kroger. Not very motivated seeing I shouldnt have it,DH dont need it and kids are in the mid twenties. Big Lots had esp. crappy candy this year IMHO and not too cheap either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone, life has been busy around here the last several days but I've read through everyone's posts.

earlybird, I use the Appleton spiral sliced ham from Aldi and we love it. The glaze packet isn't good----very very sweet---so I make my own with brown sugar, honey, and pineapple juice.

Tine, we have a local Nutcracker group who presents it every year. When our kids were little we'd dress up in Christmas outfits and go, then afterwards we'd go somewhere to eat. Fun memories. Professional dancers are hired for The Sugar Plum Fairy and the Prince roles but everything else is cast with local folks, and the part of Clara is very competitive among area dance students. The backdrop was designed by a local boy who is a set designer in New York, so the whole production is quite impressive.

Gbug, your trip sounds so wonderful...

fw, I'm glad your mom is now moved. Hope you and your DH get well soon.

pinetree, what in the world is "spatchcocked" turkey? I've NEVER heard of it! Thanks for all the garlic info. We grew some last year and it's still hanging in old pantyhose in the basement---I forget it's down there.

Hi Winkie, Aunt Bea, CH, momoffiveboys, Niko, and anyone I missed!

I know who's in the World Series and that's about all. No baseball fans in our house unless it's the Atlanta Braves in a really big game.

Our weather continues to set records. 116 days of 90+ degree days this year---usually it's around 85 days a year or so. We set a record high Sunday and Monday and today---85 today. By the weekend it's supposed to be in the high 70s , about 15-20 degrees above average. Sure has helped my electric bill stay down.

Found some more issues with the house which will be around $2000 to correct. DH discovered that there's a big hole beneath part of the slab in the garage---probably 15 feet x 8 feet x 2 feet---so we have to have concrete grout poured in. Already there's a big crack in the concrete right down the middle of the garage floor which the hole has caused over the last few years.

For Wednesday:

1) Bible study homework assignment
    2) Make bank deposit/finish paying bills
    3) Renew health insurance online
    4) Kroger/Walmart
    5) Church 6:30
    6) Vacuum/mop

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whoohoo Tine, I made one! This isnt the easiest ribbon to work with, I wanted something shiney, I tried doing the other side but I need more practice, and this ribbon doesnt bend very well. Boy I dont know about the 12 strand one.. are they usually made with paper? I would love to make some of these for the tree with some Christmas type ribbon

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok, I'm trying to learn how to post pictures, now, hang on cause I havent figured it out.

2016 To Do Challenge-1101161712.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I got the idea to root the tomatoes from you. I have rooted lots of stuff over the years, but this was a big fail. We have a plastic green house I was thinking of putting up & the tomatoes would have been nice.
    EB, we are Tribe fans also & are ready for them to take the series tonight! My step son has tickets for game seven, but we don't want it to go that long. We have family in Chicago & we were in the city the night the Cubs took their division. Wow, oh wow it was an energy filled crowd!
    Monday I managed to unload DW during my break & then showered during my lunch. I put those big rollers in my hair so I didn't have to spend time with the blow dryer. My driving estimates were low. I ended up on the road over 4 hours, but got everything done I needed. Signed up for my health insurance, set up a tax deferred savings plan & signed up for flex spending so we can pay DH copays with untaxed dollars. Every little bit saved helps! Made to DD in time for trick or treat & passed out to over a hundred kids. The grand kids were so cute. The baby just started walking & she had a pink pelican costume. The 3 yo was a princess, of course. The 9yo boy was Indiana Jones, the 11 yo girl was someone from hunger games with a bow & arrow & I did not figure her out, they had to tell me.
    Today I worked 8.5 hours, then we went on a nearly ten mile bike ride. We hauled the bikes to a trail that used to be a railroad track and is failrly level. The 4.75 miles out was much easier than coming back. I struggled, but made it. It was 75 degrees & the trees were beautiful. Tomorrow a guy is coming to give us an estimate on a new counter top in the hall bathroom. The whole room is so dated. We will get new flooring, paint, all new fixtures ( lights, faucets, towel racks). I am sure it will be more than I want to pay, but we are keeping the cabinets, toilet & tub so won't have that expense. Need to do the "ten minute pick up" before the counter guys comes tomorrow.