2016 To Do Challenge - Page 309
Page 309 of 351 FirstFirst ... 209259299306307308309310311312319 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ilc, congratulations to you husband.

It was 26 F yesterday morning and there was ice on the car. I have the day off today and might go to Ikea.

I need to watch what I eat and probably eat more at lunch. I noticed my jeans are looser and the scale says I've lost 10 lbs in a few months without intention.

Today:

Laundry
    Run dishwasher
    Meal plan
    Maybe Ikea

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. It is cool and cloudy here. I have to clean the house and wash linens today. Also need to hit Sprouts for $1 cantaloupe and blackberries. Got to pay a couple of bills. Not sure about dinner tonight. Don't forget to download your free Hershey kisses on your Kroger card today. Have a great day and be frugal.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GB, what do you think of Sprouts? We just got them here this summer.

Have to get some breakfast and take Lady kitty to the vet for her annual. After that, mix up some chip dip for tomorrow night. Have all the ingredients so no need to stop and buy anything.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning all - Just back from my first trip out today. A very very thin coat of ice on windshield. Boy the leaves sure have come down again. About done now so hoping they come back one more time and blow all the leaves away for the season. Real sunny today too.

Was going to return the cable box my mom got as its too confusing for her but they told me the bill would go up 40.00 if i returned so i will just put in her closet until the promo runs out next year. They told me to think of it as a coupon. haha No line either so that was a plus. Stopped at 2 stores and just ran in for a couple sale items. Edamames were on sale so I got 2 bags. If i am going to snack (and I am) I am switching my snacks to vegetables. I love edamames raw.

Next trip out is to get the fob programmed for the car. I will take my book to read while they get it fixed. Hubs can look at the cars and dream.

The meatballs I got at Walmart yesterday and baked turned out to be sausage and they were delish.
    I saved 6 and got a pack of new england hot dog buns to make meatball sandwiches for tonight. Will be just the right size.

So i probably won't get much done at home today. I am pretty well caught up.

Tomorrow I have nothing on the agenda either. I think I will start crocheting tonight.

Enjoy your weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The kids are in California, they rented a convertable, lol, a mustang, and are crusing highway 101!! My favorite place!! Heading for LaHoya, beach... awww, I can smell the ocean air... They are looking into scuba diving .. I just hope they have a really fun time.. meanwhile I get to babysit Fancy Pants, She hasnt been here for a couple months. she loves living with them and being the only cat, well was until the new one...but shes kinda glad to be home I sure got a face full of kisses this morning..

Not sure what I'm doing today, I do know there will be no cooking.. will find leftovers or something.

Have a good weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all. Sleeping my life away (waiting for a better day-ok that driving not sleeping)
    Got DHs' pay and paid the CC off from his almost 3 week trip. Managed to put another $1000. in the bank towards a vehicle for me. The leaves here are turned awhile ago but the oaks are still holding. All this warmer weather I guess. I should mess things up because they will fall w/ the snow. Pretty out though. very postcard.
    Mikey is doing pretty well w/ his paw. And the nail is healing. Need to get Hunter in for a clip. Maybe Mackey too? IDK what it costs.
    Making the chicken finally. The chili has 1 more serv. unfrozen and we finished the lasagne too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

EB-i make those for DH w/ tomato sauce L.O. and white cheese. We just use the Kroger store bread. I like peppers and onions but he is a plain no veg kinda guy. To me I like to grill the bread but again-no thanks.lol DD loves edamane w/ ranch dressing dip. She got mad at me because I thought they were pea pods and just got those???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Christmas season more or less starts today with people getting wasted.

There's a happening all over the country where a brewery starts selling their Christmas beer. The hosts on a radio station talked about it all day, and both the police and hospitals have extra staff to handle all the drunk people.

J-Day: Denmark's start to the holiday season - The Local

I'm the odd one around here who doesn't even like beer.

Have a nice weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tine-I remember when we had international parties and i said I dont drink and have never had a beer they all freaked out. I just cant past the smell. DH had an maple dunkel last night and I could still smell the beer. If your odd there,i'm odd here.
    Then again the Canadians and Europeans also freaked out about our gun opinions.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tine and fw, I can't drink beer either. The smell turns my stomach. I've never understood how people can drink that mess.

pinetree, now I have to look up LaHoya beach in CA! I've been to LA (meh) and San Francisco (loved it) but I am clueless about the rest of the place. I bet your kids are soaking up the sun...
    And you're sweet to take care of the kitties for them. That's a load off their minds.

Fun with friends and family last night for DH's birthday. Our best friends got to meet DD's fiance. He has a Corvette and once we came back to our house he let everyone ride in it/drive it around. It was a big hit. DH had picked out frosted brownies from the Kroger deli for his "cake" and it was rich and delicious. Everyone had a good time and DH enjoyed his birthday a lot. Today he took the dogs to the river to swim so he's had a nice couple of days.

Got caught up on my Bible study homework and dealt with litter box and did some financial stuff. For supper we're having soup from the freezer and fresh-baked cornbread. It's been breezy and much cooler today and feels like fall---finally.

Have a good rest of the evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, better spell it right then, La Jolla, easier for people to understand if spelled the other way..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today was my day off so I got a lot done. I wanted to look through the food cupboard ( which is in the pool room due to space) & see if there was anything for the food pantry, ended up taking everything out, rearranged, found a few things to dispose of. Found things that didn't belong. In trying to find places in the bottom of the hutch for the paper plates, etc, ended up cleaning that out, then looking for quart freezer bags, ended up cleaning another cupboard in the kitchen. So now I know what I have & where it is. Then I went to the garden, took a bag & scissors to collect marigold seeds, like pinetree, but the silly things are still in bloom! Found a small watermelon & was all excited, but it was all white inside, so it is compost. Pulled all the onions, they never grew bigger than green onion size. I was thinking of the potatoes CH talked about so brought them in, got them cleaned & chopped up, lots of lovely green stems & they are in the freezer on a cookie sheet flash freezing. I am not sure what to think about Brussels sprouts, they don't seem to be ready. The cabbages & broccoli are making mini heads. I still don't have garden all cleaned up, but I did a little more today. DH & I went to nature center again & hiked around about an hour. For awhile I thought we were lost, but figured it out. It was another beautiful day. Both to look at & temperature wise. We played two games of cribbage, each won one so we stopped there. Did not make it to Krogers today.
    What fun to go down Highway 1! We just did that this summer & it was great, but we did not have a convertible. Hope they are having a great time. On the beer... I am the odd man out on this thread, because I do enjoy a beer, but only very plain beer, no lager, no flavors. When I was young you could drink beer at age 18 in our state. It was 3.2% alcohol. I did not like beer, but wanted to go with my friends, so I learned to drink it. My DH claims that is one of my good qualities lol.
    When I was cleaning, I found a little inspirational book that I bought & never gave to the intended recipient. It is written by a country singer's wife when they were split up. I thought Oh, I can give this to my daughter who just got divorced. I am glad I took the time to read through it, because the county star got back with his wife & lived happily ever after. That would have been horrid to give to my DD. Will save it for some one else...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Contrary Housewife--I love Sprouts. I usually only buy the produce on sale. I like the fact that their sale items go for two weeks on Wednesdays. Didn't make it yesterday, so going today for the cantaloupe and blackberries.

Got to make a car payment and exchange a deodorizer at Bath and Body Works. It won't fit into the warmer. If my back holds out, I will probably help DH paint the chicken house. It has truly been a long summer project, but it is almost finished. At least we won't have to put any type of plastic around the pen like we have had to do in past years. Hopefully I can purchase another dog kennel to replace the old one that will be connected to the chicken house before too long. Then on to the next project. LOL I have to give DH some down time first.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Winke, age limits for buying alcohol here are 16 for beer and wine and 18 for spirits. No age limits on drinking it, just buying it. And it's normal to party and drink outdoors like in a park. Have heard it's illegal in the USA.

This is a popular place to gather with your friends and have a few beers in the summer. It's next to the river in a city called Århus and has cafe's and bars in the background. You can buy a lot of beers in a supermarket for the the $7-11 they charge you on the chairs a few feet away.

Name:  Aarhus12_300.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  35.1 KB

We're getting rid of tv channels we don't use and only keep the three most popular Danish channels and the free Norwegian and Swedish channels. Will save us almost $200 a year.

I've decided what I'll give my BF for Christmas, but for the webshop to have days with -20 % off in December. They did that last year and I expect it again this year.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Drinking alcohol in public is not illegal everywhere. Some places will have a sign, but many are not restricted. Some places it is only glass bottles that are not allowed because when they break it is an extra danger. In the state parks here if you are caught leaving empty cans or bottles behind then you will go to jail. Mostly if you are just sitting and enjoying your beer with friends and not bothering anyone it is not a problem.

Here in the city we have an entertainment district with many bars and restaurants, and you cannot have alcohol in the street, only in the places it is sold. So no walking around with cups of beer or wine and causing problems in the street, because it is usually the young people who go there and drink too much.

If you want to have a party in a public park then you go to the local office (or web site) and put your name on a list to reserve a picnic area for a specific date. Then you can have all your friends, drink beer, play loud music, have a fire for cooking, etc. This is very common for birthday parties, holidays, family reunions, weddings, and so forth.

I think it is interesting to see the differences in laws and culture, not just between countries, but also within the US. What is acceptable in one place can be totally wrong in another.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown