2016 To Do Challenge - Page 341
Page 341 of 351 FirstFirst ... 241291331338339340341342343344 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so glad I went to church Sunday, I was trying to get out of it, using weather as an excuse. I saw the absolute best children's program ever. Really made my day.
    I did get a lot done around my house & except for a final sweep & vacuuming, I am pretty ready. I wrapped over half my presents. I got my hair cut & colored this pm.
    I want to make cookie press cookies, pecan tarts, fudge & toffee. I think I can get that done in the next few days. Looking forward to a nice family celebration with the kids & grands. I am thinking of asking my sister over on Tuesday after Christmas. I will have a short work day since I will have 1 DGD for the day & I can kind of kill two birds with one stone.Plus, I can feed her Christmas leftovers.
    Right now our drive way is frozen & slippery, but it is getting up to 50 by Sunday. Great for the drive, but bad for sledding. We have a fabulous sledding hill... Can even snap board down it.
    Sorry to hear so many are under the weather- get well soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie-your energy is contagious. I need to have a burst day tomorrow. Today was glum day and it needs to end now. Tomorrow I need to mess w/ that tree. What is snap board?
    I did make bake off sugar cookies-I guess thats a start?

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

And I can't wear Avon. It doesn't smell like perfume at all once it's on me. The Agua del Sol is very light, mostly floral, the musk is an afternote. But I guess everybody has different body chemistry, like taste buds. If we were all the same the world would be very boring.

Hoping Tuesday warms up more and isn't windy. I need to hit the oriental grocery across town and I want to stop at Trader Joes because I am out of truffle flavored brie. Poor me.

Need to vacuum. Then clean the vacuum. Have things to be addressed and mailed out. These short days are killing me. It's dark before I get half of anything done.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Truffle flavored BRIE! We love brie here. DH scammed a huge wheel from the auto show one yr.
    Well in a better mood today. Still not very Christmassy but not so glum like yesterday. IDK want that was about but goodbye sucky mood.

Need to sweep stairs/vaccumn
    hit the groc for extras and meds
    should work on the tree (which I'm allergic to and may but the mood because of allergy)
    empty the Dw and run the cleaner mode and see if i have jet dry
    wrap some dog toys and cat treats up
    And general this and that here and there!
    should make Dh fried eggs,honey bisuits and the sausage I promised

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, it's amazing and decadent. I bought the brie for a party a few weeks ago and almost nobody ate any. I couldn't let it go to waste, so I finished it, and now I want more!

Two more cards w/ gift cards in the mail today. Every time I think I'm finished mailing out stuff this year, more pops up.

I need to arrange mail-order bbq for my BIL. A New Year's present, I think.

Need to wrap/pack DH's "stocking stuffers".

Have to get trash and recycle to the curb because DH forgot this morning. Brrr!

Going across town for last minute things. Messaged a GF to see if she is available for coffee....
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, Dmom isn't going home until Friday. My niece is going to be coming close to me to see in-laws and she is going to meet me and take her back. That saves me a lot of time. I will survive. Still not feeling up to par, but got a dr. appointment tomorrow. Got all packages wrapped. Still need to pick up a few spa things to go in stockings and I am done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DD flew in on a whirlwind and got her mail and handed me my gift and her dads. So she got all hers unwrapped. So weird. I just surrendered her BF's too. The house is so quiet and calm all the time except for the dogs. She was headed out shopping so of course i handed her all the pocket money I had.lol Daughters I'm such a pushover. I miss her here but its settling in to a rhythm. I had to laugh as Hunter had to dive into everything i got her to check it out. I had kept it in the car for a reason. He's so sassy and healthy now. We have loose plans to do a more slowed down thing too.. maybe pizza and catch up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Need to go through my closet again for the next batch of clothing donations. Not sure if I'm going to drop them off at one of the drop boxes or if I'll take them to the local church. At least one of the drop boxes that I know of is convenient as it's on my way home and there's another near one of the local malls if I want to do that. On the other hand, I think the churches will get the clothes out to a local shelter (at least I hope so).

Also need to go through some more DVDs. The DVDs have been going to the local library. I have piles stashed all over my place and some I haven't watch since I bought them. I've been good and resisted buying more over the past few days. I will probably break down eventually but I hope I can keep that under control.

Need to put some boxes into the recycling and clean out my fridge. Been wanting to clean out my place recently but doesn't look like I put a dent into it yet. Still, I've only started two weeks ago and have gotten rid of stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

REn-I have the same issues. It just stifts by itself. But i just tell myself you know how it was and thats enough. I took 8 garbage bags out of the kitchen for doante and a few were trashed. So who could tell? me. I cleaned the fridge for 8 hrs. after DD moved out. Who can tell-me,good enough. The floor still awful but empty of pileup still looks awful but IK I did a lot. Just dont look IN the cupboards because their next but after the holidays. I have one cupboard I fear. It is dark and runs beside the DW. IJDK. Scary full.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a lot of perfumes from ages ago. I'm trying to use them up. My favorites have vanilla, but many things smell nice.
    - wrap hubby's gifts since he is working late
    - find something in freezer for Wednesday's supper
    - start library book
    - knitting

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Geeze today flew by, I had so many little things that took forever and I still didn't get done.

Hope everyone feeling better
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2 sounds like things worked themselves out w/ DD? Now you can relax for a couple days right?
    I am one who likes to "chip away" at stuff. I can stand to get rid of a few things at a time, clean 1/2 of the closet and do the other half next week. It works for me. Saturday I washed all the never-used goblets & glasses in 1 cupboard. Put aside a few things for yard sale in the spring. That cabinet looks nicer now. Found teak salt & pepper shakers I really did not know we had. So we must have 5-6 different sets of salt & pepper. Which ones to get rid of?????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW- that was supposed to say snow board. Most of the grandkids are able to do it. They will be ready when they go to the slopes.
    No cookies yet, but I made stuffed mushrooms, which I am freezing & cooked off the Italian sausage, also put in the freezer, so Sunday I just have to reheat.
    I did find the cookie press & wasted a lot of time looking through recipes. Here is a question for everyone, what recipe do you have filed under "V" in your recipe box? I was surprised to find a recipe for a volcano some kid had to make back in grade school. I stuck it back in, they can have a laugh after I die!
    I called, my sister, she in not able to come, she is doing something with her boyfriend's family. She is 79, he is around 84. It sounds funny saying boy friend. I have seen her once in the last year, plus we both went to the same funeral. She is always so busy & can't be out of sight of the BF. I should be used to it by now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

winkie-my grandma had a gentleman friend when we were kids. She said she had 1 love of her life and this man was a companion. Seemed to work for them. Boyfriend does sound off to me too but maybe thats a senior prejudice?? Stuffed mushrooms sound good as long as its not seafood (shellfish allergy). I let my kids sled,cross country ski but no snow board. DD was/is clutzy on land a fish in water. Ds has crazy good balance but ice fishing was his winter thing and hockey a bit.

Went and drove around looking at light displays. Ended up oogling some of the nicer homes w/ gables.bay windows,neat porches. I love features. Went to the Dollar Tree and donated $38. in nothing. Tomorrow tree lights and ornaments no more goofing!!

D-cpa-in general we are getting there. Today was a flash as BF was waiting in the car. He prob. doesnt want to socialize as i "kicked" his Gf out w/ no job w/o cause. IK DD. Truth is a shifted her to a new residence and am still offering her supports when ever she needs it. She is paying rent w/ the groc. I am supplying and the labor at the sewing business. DD doesnt need to know i cry about it. She cant ever make anything easy. I think its sinking in that this is permanent. I'm sure she'd like me to ask her back so she could tell me no.lol
    Relax? no gifts wrapped,no decor up,no floor mopped,no tree done,no rice crispy treats done, Dmom is just getting a card for her bday on fri.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

winkie, that's what I would call him, her boyfriend..

When FIL was dating SMIL, we all called her his girlfriend. He introduced her as his girlfriend too.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.