2016 To Do Challenge - Page 349
Page 349 of 351 FirstFirst ... 249299339346347348349350351 LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW - there are so many things to consider. DH is a bean counter & he had spread sheets to figure out if it was going to be advantageous for him to take SS early. He used to be a highly paid officer in his company, but at age 50 his company folded & he never got another good paying job. He worked all along, but really below where he should have been. Since he had higher paid years, it made sense to retire, before his lower wages watered down his average earnings. He was able to stay on part time these last years, plus he does books for the church & gets paid some.
    I was really getting worn out by my job & was anxious to get out. I tried different positions in the same facility, but it was really time. I could have just quit, but by taking the pension, I could take a lower paying, part time job & make out Ok. I did have an appointment with the public employees retirement system. They were not terribly helpful, because I had researched a lot on their website before I even went in for the consultation. So yes there needs to be a class.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH - what is kibbe?

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Winkie, it is a lamb patty or meatball stuffed with raisins and pine nuts. It is a middle eastern menu staple, served with pita bread and yogurt. I learned how to make them at cooking school last year, they are really easy. It is a nice change from hamburgers or meatloaf.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the anniversary wishes, pinetree! I laughed about the 20-year-old hot water bottle because I keep things that long too. I bet that heated throw will feel good when that -10 temp comes.

fw, sorry about your kitty---that sound is awful. I didn't know cats would keep going into heat when they're old. Poor things.

Today we went to our best friends' house for lunch (we picked up three of Little Caesar's $5 pizzas and they reimbursed us for their half, she provided the salad and I provided the dessert). Then we watched Sully about the Miracle on the Hudson and it was very good.

It was pouring down rain this a.m. and by noon it was sunshiny, windy, and the temps were dropping like crazy. This is one of the weirdest places on earth when it comes to weather.

Since it's 9:00 pm I'll post for Friday:

1) Clean fridge shelves where there's been spillage
    2) Try to finish up December's and 2016's financial figurings
    3) Start working in DD's room
    4) Mop
    5) Put away clean laundry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kroger has a clearance nook that is very much out of the way from the main stream. Tonight I got shortbread pie shells for 39 cents, powdered sugar and brown sugar for 35 cents, raspberry and cranberry chipotle sauce for 75 cents, and pimento cheese spread in a jar for 35 cents. I just love bargains.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

introducing Lily...

2016 To Do Challenge-lilly2.jpg
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can see that Lily needs a cuddle and a chin rub.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-pretty. I cant do long hairs but I like them. I have one but she doesnt shed she chunks.lol Her name is Kissy (for Katrina)She is currently plopped in an Aldis cookie box.

Winkie-DH made good money and had great benefits at Hewlitt Packherd but that was 2 yrs. ago. He went thru a series of pukey beneath his skills jobs and then found this contract. We are still paying for the ins. but at $600. less than the COBRA was. The hourly is great. He just got a paid week off this year and is "renewed" at the service. We are making more money but its temp. so i live on 50% whenever poss. so if the inevitable hits we're good. We keep it pretty tight and now I will cook more and freeze. I am trying to live w/ humility. We are too old for impulse. I am trying to be realistic. We are not in top shape,we have too many pets,this house is in too much disrepair from not having the funds. We were eating out too much and not enjoying it. We are addressing what we can. I am cruising blogs about retirement. I found a few good ones. I will begin this phase of learning. I will do it in bits because its dull.lol and sometimes beyond me.

We stayed home because DH got called to work on an emergency. He is billing for 8 hrs. he worked 4. I had not slept and didnt feel up to it anyway. Tomorrow I HAVE to shop. We keep those friends but sometimes IDK how.

GB-good haul. They moved my reg store into the front (dam net) but the S. one still has a darn good area.

ILC-she gets into this high pitched frenzy and i feel so bad for awhile,contemplate shoving her out the door for a minute and then hold her. Its really not going well w/ all these meds headaches. I will have a conversation about $$ and risks. It should run its course soon. pleeease. And bet me. Michigan can be 6 seasons in a day. We have that saying if you dont like the weather just wait a minute.

CH-thanks. I was thinking of Kefir.lol Yeah I need sleep so what about it,huh,huh!! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So proud of the fact that I managed to fix two annoying problems today. We have a slider door that was making squeaking noises - no one here could figure it out. I finally realized where the squeaking was coming from, used fluid film and fixed it - so happy. Then also fixed a minor plumbing issue :-)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning. Need to go to post office, make a car payment, and then pack and head to youngest DS and family to spend the night and have our Christmas. He doesn't live very far. Going to be a relaxing day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got our paycheck and will have to do w/o for the next week from shut down. Put $1300. in the bank and paid the CC bill from Sams for dog food. Need to hit the groc. later and keep it under $100. Luckily milk is on sale. This load is for the 2 weeks. Should go to the bread store too and restock. Headed back to sleep for now

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok is she a tortoise shell? She is so spoiled and has become DS's baby, lol can you tell?

I'm tired so not doing much.. I have no list so maybe just do piddly things..I have everything ready for New years eve, and new years day dinners.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It is 50 and sunny today. Supposed to cloud up and get cold this weekend so I am going out today to enjoy it.

Lost an earring during the night. It is a stud, so I will be crawling on the floor later looking for it. Just a piece of glass, but a favorite pair.

Got a long list of things for the grocery store, mostly DH's snacks. Then the inevitable dishes and house cleaning. I guess vacuuming is going to wait until I find that earring.

Tortiseshell cats are typically black with orange, sometimes brown and cream, too. Calicos are white, orange and black. I can't see how much orange she has. From that photo she looks a lot like my brown tabby (black with brown and tan ).

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Torties have blended colors(dark) like that cat,yes she is a tortie. I have had 4 overtime.Calicos have distinct bright blotches of orange black w/ white. Diluted calicos have pale patches. Both are girls. I had a tuxedo male and a female (rare) orange tabby. She had 4 torties and a gorgeous calico. we kept 2 of the torties and the calico. We homed 2 to friends. All the torties were more gentically weaker than any cats i've had. Later our black cat birthed 2 torties and 2 black kittens. the tortie again was weaker.Carlie lived here 14 0r 15 yrs. They were all just the sweetest cats though. Meek actually. I cant remember,where is this one from> outside again??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It is grey here and dull plus cold. I want to stay in. Poor dh wants to do something. I want to make tea. He and I already ate the cookies I made. Debating on the cupcakes. I Have to make the chicken breast today. Definately have a case of the winter floaties. mental drifties.lol

Messaged Ds. He will go soon. He rented his unit to store his car. Some axx took his Ipad out of his truck now some other axx hit his the mirror and took it off. Just what he needs right now. I wont see him until fall. This sucked,just sayin'.