2016 To Do Challenge - Page 350
Page 350 of 351 FirstFirst ... 250300340347348349350351 LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 5254
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This one was dumped, she was scared to death, acted like she had been an inside all her life. shes still spooked, but is doing very well. she really relaxes and sleeps with DS.
    She dosent have any white at all, the spot on her belly is a tannish color, her top side is all orange and dark colors. Shes really little too, shes just starting to play, we don't think she is a yr old yet, fits right into the kids house.. We get to babysit next week when the kids go to Vegas...
    We had a lilac tortie, but she was a light purple, tan color, we have a brown, and a silver tabby, Fancy and Sweet pea.
    FW, you might be thinking about Kona, hes all black and has gone all outside with TJ and Felix the tuxedo cat, I cant keep any of those guys inside..tho we keep trying..
    I am down to 6 here now, the kids took Fancy and Lily...these guys are getting old too.

Still haven't done anything yet.. maybe will just call this a lazy, do nothing day..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree - pretty cat. she does look right at home. is she a big cat? that foot looks large
    in the picture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks earlybird, but no shes really tiny, maybe weighs in a 5 lbs, wet, shes about the size of a 6-9 month old kitten. lol the picture makes her look like bigfoot!!

I started the 2017 challenge, just wanted to let you all know.. I'll go over there in a couple days I think.. it takes me some time to figure out the dates have changed.. heck I still put 1970 dates on my checks..sure glad people at the bank know me, lol
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It took forever but I got everything on the shopping list except the cream cheese DH wanted. Will have to try another store next week. Somehow I found a place for everything. The chicken from Sav A Lot is really nice, big fat breasts. Bought 9 lbs. I got half of it processed so far, I can only fit two trays in the freezer at once. After that has frozen I will bag it and do the other half.

I found the stud half of my earring. God knows where the back is, it could have fallen off anywhere yesterday.

Hope everyone is feeling better today and y'all have a pleasant evening.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-pretend you dont care and it will show up just like cats??
    Pinetree-yeah-big in the picture. Glad the kids could help you. I had a scare tonight. Maxx sits under the desk or in front of the desk under my chair when the heater is on. I pushed him w/ my foot and his foot sprung back,no movement,2x . Maxx? no answer. Gosh! I thought he was gone. nope just out like a light in front of my heater and deaf as a post. Breathe fw,breathe!!

Didnt do much today. DH changed some bulbs and figured out the dead heat pump has been messing up the thermostat. We are wathcing it but it would be nice if the this just worked 1 more winter,esp. when he starts traveling again in 2 weeks.
    Dh is going to lunch w/ his friend tomorrow. I ma excited to have the house to vaccumn and such.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW: LOL! I was sitting in the living room and the cat came over so I asked her what she did with my earring, and then she moved slightly and THERE IT WAS BETWEEN HER PAWS.

Speaking of cats showing up, we have had the sweetest little gray fluffball on the deck the last couple weeks. She must have peoples nearby, because she used the litterbox we put out there a couple months ago, and she talked with me through the window the other day. But she is too skittish to let me go out there with her. And tonight there was a black and white one I have never seen before.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

CH-hahaha! CH is gettin' A new cat for 2017! IDK I've had some use a litter box right away but my wildest one would try to dig through the box and fling. So gross.
    Not surprised at all about the earring. I take my hair tie out at night and hang it on the dresser knob but find it is the water dish downstairs. Zachary!!!

Woke up feeling better. Hope to hit the groc. soon.
    Catchya all later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My 15 year old dog is also deaf. We came home from shopping and he was sleeping in front of the door. Actually had to shove him w/ the door to open it and he did not wake up. We were panicking but he was just asleep!

Lots to do in preparation for the party Sunday. Sorry now I goofed off most of Friday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Both cats were on the deck this morning but they bolted when DH opened the window to talk to them. We have 3 in the house, there will not be a 4th, but I don't mind them hanging out keeping the squirrels away.

Today, pack up the chicken
    try and chip some ice out of the freezer
    make cranberry salad

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of it right now.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do have shingles. Got two prescriptions. One is prednisone. Shingles is not contagious. I did let my girls know since I had been around their little kids. They could have been exposed to chick pox if they had touched my blisters, but they didn't.
    Since I was out, I ran around & did some shopping & got some good deals. 97% lean hamburger $2.48 #, turkey breast $0.95 #, pork ribs $1.99#. Then I got some Christmas stuff @ 80% off. Wrapping paper & picks for the centerpieces.
    First time I have been out by myself in weeks.
    Today I want to
    put Christmas away
    Figure out what is wrong with my food saver
    Take care of meat bargains
    We are going out to dinner tonight, made reservTions for prime rib buffet, then home to watch football. Happy New Year!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

winkie-so sorry! My Dh's geam got that and i remember thinking whats the big deal a rash? Well years later seeing the actual thing on tv. Take care

CH-ive said that w/ all the cats. I was "down to seven" 2 yrs ago when Dh lost his mind!! For awhile they were showing up on the deck,following kids home-wild and domesticated. I refused to take the 7th about 17yrs ago and she got pnuemonia. Then she was preggers of course. We found home for the 2 she had brewing except it was 4. We had those 2 16/14 years til the end. I could have bought 2 more new cars w/ all the money we've spent on them NOT incl. the social stigma and damages they caused. BUT I cant imagine how dull life would be w/o them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw, me too with cats, so much of our $$$ has gone to care of the critters---mainly feline but also canine. Many thousands of dollars over the years. And damage to carpet and furniture. But we love them so much. We're pet people and always will be.

Winkie, I'm so sorry about the shingles. Now that I'm 62 my insurance will pay for the vaccine and I intend to take it. At my physical exam last year my doctor recommended it as long as insurance would pay. I definitely had chicken pox as a child, and have the scars to prove it, so I'm susceptible. Our DS had a terrible case of chicken pox when he was three and a half but the vaccine had been approved by the time we had DD so she was immunized against it.

CH, my grandmother always said that when a cat comes to you to live, it brings good luck. You're going to have a lot of it now! LOL

pinetree, that sweet kitty is a tortoiseshell. Our Belle is a short-haired tortie with just a touch of white on her paws. She's wonderful, very loving and sweet and smart.

Hi earlybird, dlrcpa, Gbug, Tine, Niko, ermadunk, and anyone I missed.

Happy New Year's Eve! Stay safe, everyone. Our best friends may come over for a couple of hours but to be honest, I really hope they don't. Her DH and my DH seem to want to get together but she and I don't, the weather is going to be bad and lots of drunks will be on the road. So I'm working on my DH and she's working on hers to convince them that another time would be better...

We have possible snow showers in our forecast for next weekend! Of course, it probably won't happen but it's still exciting. Yes, we Southerners go nuts when the "s" word is mentioned.

Anyone been watching the Downton Abbey marathon on public television this week? As a result I've accomplished very little around here, I just got sucked back up into the adventures of the Crawley family and their friends, relations, and servants. It looks really good on our new big TV. The clothes and furnishings are fun to look at. I call it the Lady Mary show since DH has a crush on her.

For Saturday:

1) Get the rest of the clean laundry put away
    2) Clean our bathroom
    3) Bake something---probably a cake or maybe an apple pie
    4) continue to finalize financial reckonings for 2016
    5) Clean out litter box

See you next year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, lol good Luck!! I now have 4 that stay outside and don't keep the squirrels away! We feed and keep them warm, safe and fed.. Sometimes they want to be petted and played with, other times they just like to be by themselves.

dircpa, Had to laugh at your dog, we had a cat go deaf, she would sit and beller, she hated being alone, we would yell at her, but she couldn't hear, she she saw you coming she would act like she hadn't seen you in a month.. lol

winkie, oh my gosh, hope the meds keep it down to small areas, that stuff is just nasty.. I am so glad I got my shot, hopefully I never get it now. Take care..

ILC, you got rain?? Radar shows a mess coming at you!!
    Have a couple chasers heading out to texas today, trying for the first 2017 tornado tomorrow. Looks like we will have snow Monday.

Gbug, Have a safe New Years.

Tine, Happy New Year, I think you will be the first one to get the New Year!! Have a great time!!

FW, I think the good Lord brings these guys to our door to help them.. my gosh there are so many. Glad you are feeling better..

TDN, I sure hope everything is OK with you, I keep dreaming about you, please drop a note here just to say I'm ok. hugs

Niko, hope you are working things out with the stupid bank.. hugs...

erma, hope you are feeling better today..

HI to ones I forgot..

today we are having a lazy day.. having a fondue tonight.. I am going to bed early. I am so tired, its not worth trying to stay up and drag the next day... wow we are big partiers too!! DH found scallops, I can eat a few, with out going over with salt!! yea!! seafood, yipeeee! yum... so I'm going to eat that, lobster, and shrimp, now we are talking bites, not a whole lobster.... tis better than nothing!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have been to the war zone AKA the grocery store. Holy whatever. I spent $200. and saved $100. The cashier is like whoa.lol I bought 24# of cheese at $1.72 off and got porterhouse steak. It was $19.75 off plus I had $3. off $15. of meat so $16.75/3 steaks. Its a never have so I'm excited. I'll cook them tomorrow. I have potatoes and I may make skins?Got 2 loaves for $1. so I'll make french toast and freeze it. I got the shakes from that many people,walking all the way to the end of the parking lot and then unloading. But I'm good for at least 2 weeks.
    DH got gas and he gets so excited because he gets .90 off 13.5 gallons because I have the groc. points. So I tell him hey $13. is 13 cake mixes. Man i'm tired.

oh here one I love. I get the renewal for plates on my van. A notice is stuck in there.if paying before Jan.1st go to the website and get the right amt. I may as well pay whats written. So very govt. of them.

So HAAAAAAAPPPY New Year to everyone. May 2017 run smoother than 2016.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a great night at DS and family. Heading to SIL's house to celebrate. Putting black-eyed peas on to soak.