2016 To Do Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 351 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We ran errands and now we're in for the evening. Husby's going to watch the Wolves game. I think he has a man-crush on Ricky Rubio and/or Kevin Garnett. Whatever. Fun for him.

We bought some junk food, but not so much. I've been so hungry for any kind of mints lately. But Monday I start over eating right.

We decided we don't want to deal with a new stove in the winter when the steps are slippery and the old one would have to be hauled out and the cold comes creeping in the door that has to be blocked open. So we're going to tape the oven door shut so we don't forget to make sure it lights. It's obvious if the burners aren't working because the sparker clicks if it's working, so that's safe enough to use, and they can be lit with a lighter if they don't spark. We don't really want to go anywhere this weekend. The roads are greasy and it's snowing so it's only going to get worse. Besides, we have other stuff to do.

My DfG bag labels arrived! Perfect timing since I got the bags cut and serged today. Now I can sew the labels on and proceed with the rest of the construction.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

KimB, I am so sorry I left you out, Happy New Year to you, and welcome!

SD be careful with the stove, I could always smell gas with my Mom's, thats why I have electric. I hated lighting the burners or the oven with a match! Of course that was the Old stoves before the clickers.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree , you have a tall order, if you plan on keeping up with all of us newbies as well as your regulars I will be reading and posting. I will Way to go! and Hug mostly (I'm a hugger). If I plan to keep up with all my challenges I'll need to keep it brief or I'll never get to my to do list after work!
    After work today, I cleaned the kitchen, watched New Years Mass online, then did a quick clean up of my bathroom and my closet floor. Found more laundry to wash...
    For tomorrow, afterwork I will:
    1) declutter my car- yes even my car is a cluttered mess.
    2) clean the microwave

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made the HM pizza and it came out good but a bit doughy. I put italian sausage,green peppers,mushrooms,pepperoni and pineapple. Very filling. I have a feeling neither one of us will make midnight again.

didnt work on much today and it feels weird. Dh and I watched tv and played some cards. Our dogs are very up today and they are driving me nuts. All the cars to bark at and all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I'm not real worried about the stove unless one of us turns the oven on with the door closed and don't realize it's not lighting. The plan is to tape the door shut and use the little countertop oven most of the time. We use that a lot anyway, so it won't be much of a hardship. If we do need to use the stove oven, having to take the tape off will remind us to leave the door open and make sure the oven lights or turn it off if we start to smell gas. Not perfect, but it's not safe for us to deal with dragging two stoves up and down our icy steps right now either. We salted the steps for the pool table move but they were still slick because then they were wet and slippery. It would be the same thing with the two stoves. We know right away if the burners aren't going to light. Using a lighter doesn't bother me, but I'm always very careful about gas which is why I'm going to replace the stove even though it's only acted up twice. I can't think what else would be wrong with it besides the control panel, which I'm sure would cost a fortune to fix.

FW, try par-baking your pizza crust for five minutes in a pre-heated oven before you put the toppings on, then finish baking the pizza. That works for me. I make my own pizza sauce by finely dicing an onion and adding it to an 8-oz. can of tomato sauce, along with some garlic powder and basil and oregano to taste, then spread it on the par-baked crust, then add cheese and other toppings. Best sauce ever!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I Signed DH and I up for a 'keep your goals' and 'declutter' e-courses lol, hoping this will kick us both off our chairs and put us into a decluttering frenzy, hopefully DH will catch onto it.. LOL
    Please cross your fingers and toes, I want my house to look like SD's when everyone comes for cookies and oranges, plus want to lose weight so I can wear cool clothes when we go up to SD's house!

Thanks about the pizza, FW yours sounds good!

SD, did you find my question about the general tso's recipe? Is it really good? Is it online? Hint..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-thanks. I like onion but they dont like me. I just used 1/2 jar of Classico meat sauce. The issue w/ the crust was Dh brought back Rhodes frozen rolls and i squished them together to make the crust. It had just unthawed. After adding all the toppings I popped it in because we were starving. Well,it rose and rise it did.lol
    It was like the blob and hardly stayed on the large cookie sheet. I couldnt find the tin foil so it stuck. And we scooped it off. Live and plan better.
    Ordinarily when I use the dough I just shove it in the pan over night in the oven and then take it out preheat and bake. Time was short. We ate it. DH sacrificed and had 2 lg. pieces. We are rather easy that way.
    I think tomorrow in spaghetti w/ premade but not cooked yet meatballs w/ Italian sausage. I have stale Hd buns that will morph in the toaster oven to garlic bread. I am either making more rice krispy treats or brownies. simple is best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

pinetree-mmm now I want Aldis oranges. Super good if its a fresh shipment.
    I have Kroger O.J.-not the same.
    Just remembered I have ubake cinnamon rolls for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To do list for today:

1. Laze about
    2. Tidy up the kitchen.
    3. Do the laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy New Year! Only chore today is cooking black-eyed peas and cornbread. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy New Year's Day! Good morning everyone. I didn't plan to stay up for the New Year and was in bed by 11:00 LOL. I'm not sure if DH made it or not as I was sound asleep. He's still asleep.

We went out yesterday and bought two shelving units for the basement with the plan of me using one for the appliances I don't use frequently like the griddle, the triple crock pot etc and the other for food storage. I bought two smaller units for the craft room closet as I need to get this room somewhat organized as I have projects I want to work on. I got two loads of laundry done last night and swept the kitchen, living room.

On tap for today:

Put together the shelves for the craft room and start working on organizing in here.
    Scoop kitty litter box
    Wash kitty dishes
    Clean bathrooms.

SD how was dinner with Mom? Stuffed flank steak sounds good. Bummer about the phones all acting up. We have just the one phone operational now and you are right in that it's a pain in the neck. Good luck with the stove. I used a tabletop oven in our old house for a year so it's doable. Not convenient at times but doable. That is such a sad story about the woman who lost her fingers / toes. I always wait too for the person to get in and give me a wave through the door or snap the light on etc so I know all is well.

Pinetree I think you've done a remarkable job bouncing back from all you went through. I know it's not as fast as you'd hoped but you are making steady progress and that's awesome!

StartingOver that is amazing about your DSs tuition!! What a relief that was to find that number in the envelope!! YAY!! He will have it so much easier than some who graduate with huge loans.

FW we love homemade pizza! I agree with SD in that you can par bake it a bit before you put the toppings on so it cooks better. I will sometimes make a bunch of crusts in pie pans so they are individually sized then I bake them at 350-375 or so just till the "doughiness" is out of them but they aren't fully baked and browned etc. After they cool I stack them in a big freezer bag and toss them in the freezer. Then it's so easy to just pull a crust or two out on those nights I just don't feel like making much, toss a bit of sauce, cheese and other toppings and throw in the oven. You don't even have to wait for the crust to defrost. I usually use the recipe on the back of the Fleischmann's pizza crust yeast because that's the one we like the best but I need to experiment with finding a recipe that doesn't use yeast just to see if I can find one that tastes as good as the yeasty one. With the pizza crust yeast you don't need to let it rise, mix the ingredients, shape and toss in oven. Now I want homemade pizza I cracked up at your DH in the store. Mine could go in with a specific list and a cut out from the flyer showing the picture of the item and he'd still call me three times to check. I gave up on him in the grocery store years ago. LOL!

GB would you feel comfortable sharing the recipe you use for your ham and cheese quiche? I have leftover ham still from the holiday and I need to use it up over the course of this week or freeze it. Ham and cheese quiche sounds good. I could google but if you have a favorite I'd check that one out first.

Better go get started on my list Have a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking about men going grocery shopping reminded me of the time my mother sent my father with a very specific list.
    When he got back, she asked him why he bought a roast. "Because it was on your list, but I wasn't sure what size to get"

What happened was that she wrote the list on a narrow piece of paper and couldn't get the full description of one item on the same line:

Community coffee
    medium roast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

guess I wasnt clear. Dh had the flier w/ the items circled and a list w/ brand,sale price and size. Like Kroger Italian meatballs premade in a tray $2.99 w/ the flier w/ it circled. And he calls and says they are $7.99 so I know he has the bag not the tray. In a tray remember. Oh,yeah! lol He tries. He even went to the service desk after he called 2x. He gets so overwhelmed there. Like me in Best Buy,The computer center or the pawn shop. lol

need to hit the groc. to get the things I know I would rather get
    shower
    think about going to moms? I will have to "borrow" the new car.
    Call DD to see if she will be home and need a ride to work
    work on the pantry. I need a shelf for all the pop!
    unload DW.

Hunty has decided I am the greatest mommy and Dh needs a good growly grumble daily. He will sleep w/ him all night and then growl at him in the morning. Also wants to guard me. I am tapping his behind Hunter not DH lol) quite often w/ a waggly finger "Nooo". I hope this doesnt become a thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had a nice and quiet new year's eve last night. The kids were up late, and are lounging around. I promised the girls I would clean their rooms during the holidays. According to the nine year old, that was the best christmas gift she had gotten, like, ever!

So far today I have put away my clothes, and put a load in the washing machine. I usually find a load or two of clothes when I go through the girls' rooms, but the pile of laundry is relatively low now.

I ended the year with a big splurge yesterday: Ever since DH and I moved away from home, we have been using inherited bed sheets, supplemented with stuff we got for Christmas. Almost all of those were completely worn out now, and I don't want to talk about the psycodelic dreams you get when you sleep in 1970's patterns. So yesterday I finally found good quality linens in designs I love, at 50% sale. The total cost was high, but now we are done buying bed linens for the next 20 years. I want to supplement with a few flannel sheets, but those are much cheaper. We got some flannels for christmas, but I hated the designs, so I returned it to the shop and spent the money on cat food.

Now: need to kick out the kids so I can clean their rooms.
    Total paid/saved: $94 800
    Total goal: $272 900
    To do: $178 100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy New Year everyone!

pinetree, could you tell me where you got the recipe for the no salt soy sauce? Let us know how you like the ravioli maker.

SD - I would like the recipe for the WW chicken Chinese dish too please.

SO - that is awesome that your son will not be burdened with student loans. So many young people starting out have huge student loan debt hanging over them.

fw - for now couldn't you just take the door panel off and stick a nail to hold the window up? That's what we did once.

I decided to start getting up at the same time every day again. I always did and then this past year got lazy on my days off and Sundays and would get up, let the dogs out, feed all the animals and then go back to bed for a couple of hours. No more! I am a morning person as far as getting stuff done and I just don't have the momentum when I sleep in.

What I got done this morning.

- scooped cat litter boxes
    - reset house
    - worked out
    - colored hair
    - started laundry
    - took down Christmas tree and put everything away downstairs
    - took the Jelly Beast to the park for a walk
    - cleaned mirrored closet doors in spare rooms

Now before you all are too impressed, I probably won't do much more today! I don't know what DH wants to do today so the rest of the day is up in the air.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON