2016 To Do Challenge - Page 46
Page 46 of 351 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696146 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To Do list for me today:

Make four dozen raisin buns - mainly for two families in our church who are struggling at the moment...
    Finish cleaning the last bathroom
    Walk to town to pick up a few things
    Serve lunch to my son and those who are helping him move today :-) I think it will be pizza and some of those raisin buns and home made iced tea

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't done much today and probably won't. Sugar wouldn't settle till after midnight last night, so even with Husby letting her out at two AM I'm tired. I did put together a counted cross stitch kit for a woodland Christmas stocking for him, so I hope he starts it. I have the needlepoint woodland Santa stocking I bought last fall at a rummage sale to do. It's about 1/3 done already, so if we can both get our stockings done, we might be able to hang them on the mantle in December. That would be fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I had a very lazy start to my Saturday. DH is working and DD is gone all day for a competition. She was up at 5:00am and out the door by 5:45 and will not be home till 11:00 tonight. After she left I went back to bed and slept till 9. Then I laid in bed and did some reading and played some games on my phone. Boy do I ever feel guilty.

I waited up until DD got home last night as she played in the pep band for a basketball game then a bunch of them went to Dairy Queen after the game. Once she was home we talked for awhile and went to bed.

So far this morning I've made the beds, started a load of laundry, started the dishwasher, got dinner in the crockpot and emptied garbages.

For the rest of the day:

1. Do 3 more loads of laundry
    2. Empty dishwasher
    3. Vacuum
    4. Church

These are a MUST. I'd like to get bathrooms cleaned and living room dusted. But if it doesn't get done today I will do it tomorrow.

Got all our stuff we need for taxes and we were able to get an appointment to get them done on Monday afternoon. They had a last minute cancellation. It was either take that time slot or wait till mid-March.

Our tax guy does his clients kids for free, so I've always had him do my sons. He is eagerly awaiting for his refund as this is money he'll live off till school gets out in May.

Better get going and work on my list otherwise I'll spend all day on here. Have a good day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Boy everyone is SO busy and I'm here being lazy and not doing anything!

SD.LOL Love your camper! Its SO easy! Its kinda like the kids hi-low, and the entire thing weighs less than my hitch!! Those denalis are something else, that and the tetons that are made in Wyo. ( I thnk they still, are maybe they sold out , I cant remember). I would love to upgrade, but, it will be aways off.
    Hope Sugar is doing better. Have an easy day and finish your stocking! You both have really been working hard!

ILC, hope you are doing better, just take it easy today.
    I will have to take some pictures of the camper we have , its kinda like the denali, but I have one large slide out, the living room and dining room slide, I also have a huge shower, with a closed off toliet, with its own door. A queen bed w/ closets on each side, forced air heat, central air, a ceiling fan, entertainment center, its hard to explain. The owners before us took out the dishwasher and put it in their new one, so I am missing that. You would have no trouble traveling in this, Or living in it, I would use this if we lost our home.
    FIL use to use it when he came out from Nebraska, we pulled it to a campground and he had full water and electric, then he didnt have to pay for a motel, of stay with people , he had his own home..and food,, he loved it.

Kim, I agree with ILC, call someone else! Thats horrible you have to go to a laundry mat!!

FW, Almost done with the pantry?, Glad you got that check! , that should help you out! Feel better!

RAI, wow, you sure are marking off that list, I'm cheering you on!! Good to see you!!

Gug, I am SO jealous, oh I wish we could till, now it would be thru 4 inches of snow and ice!! Have fun working in that soil!!

RABBIT, I am so sorry about your DH, Is he OK? I had a kidney shut down on me years ago, I have never felt pain like that, even childbirth. I hope it stays minor. Did you get you new bunny? Hows Gobie? hugs to him..

SO, Dont feel bad I'm still here in my jammies, Well, I dont have kids to run after or take care of, but you need to take time every so often! Good Luck on your taxes!

Hikr,, where did you go?

OM you too?

Momoffive, WTG with the raisin buns!

Amy B, that sounds like it would be fun!

Hi to everyone I missed!

Well, I guess we are getting snow, or a blizzard, guess we will know when it gets here, tho its suppose to be the real heavy kind, so will have to watch the trees and shake off the snow maybe 2 inches to 2 feet, how do you plan for that?
    It was suppose to be 62* but its cloudy so we wont get much above 50, ugh, cant wait for the ground hog to come out and say 4 more months of winter, yes, I said 4 months, thats kinda what happens last year, we couldnt plant gardens until almost end of June!
    I brought some walking onions in and they are growing like crazy, so going to remember to do it again next year for inside onions!

today
    read paper
    help DH rebuild the big snowblower
    find meat , want to make tamales
    make some chia jelly

Have a wonderful Saturday!!
    Last edited by pinetree; 01-30-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, the trick is to find a camper in the model you want, but then look for a new one from the last model year. They're always deeply discounted because the dealers don't want last year's models hanging around their lots when they're trying to sell the new year's models. That's why we ended up going to Michigan to get our Mustang.

I'm looking at houses online. Not a good idea. It's Husby's fault.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, LOL, No way am I looking at campers now, thats like me looking at cars, No Way, I always find one I want, and I DO not need to buy anything now!
    Houses? You moving again? Oh my, we are never going to get up to see your beautiful lake! Everyones going to be so disappointed. I figured we have to put it off for a few months to make sure Gobie is OK, before we take off traveling with him!
    No really You thinking about moving?
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nah, we're not thinking about moving. But we've been keeping an eye on the markets of the towns we're semi-interested in moving to, if we decide to move at retirement.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello - I have had my washer and drying humming all day. Bedstuff, laundry, coats, towels....you name it and it has been washed and dried.

While waiting I have been looking at all the different categories in these forums.
    I am just amazed at how much good information is available here. I found alot of
    recipes to try and frugal tips to use.

Thanks for all the contributors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh got the hair cut and an oil change,got Dd to and from work and picked up applesauce for me
    Me- vertigo? Just subsided a bit. I had a migraine and took the excederin?
    So aggrevating

Pinetree-actually-no. I havent gone into most of the cupboards yet. I do have most of what I wanted to purchase purchased though. I did find out my older vaccumn packed sugar will last an almost indefiinate time and that vaccumn sealed flour can last 3 yrs. That was good for the wallet. The key is moisture. Sugar gets moist and you can get botulism in it. People in the humid areas have to be more careful.
    Hunty is now Hunty Funty and squirt. Because when he wags his tail his whole body curves is a cute little U shape as he dances for the steak shaped cookies he gets when he comes in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, aww what a cutie pie! Sometimes I wish we had a dog, and then I wake up..I just dont do well with them. So I will just LOVE all the ones everybody owns, that way I can have more! Dh tells me I am too soft.? I DO make a wonderful babysitter tho!

Are you rocks loose too? BVP? Life is hard enought without having to walk around dizzy, Hope you get over it fast.

SD, you still looking at SD, Wyo?

EB, I saw on a post that you have a recipe to replace the cream in homemade soups? My computer keeps kicking me off now I cant find it again, would you mind posting it? I am always looking for recipies I can eat. I cannot have canned soups anymore and am sure missing them.. Thanks!

Kim did you find a repairman for your washer?

Well we are under blizzard warning, Ha, still not sure but now one is saying 18 inches with strong winds, this one might be fun.. watch out east of here...it might be coming your way.. We are ready, have fresh gas for generators, cars gassed up, heat lamps all ready..

Have a wonderful evening, sleep tight!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we're not looking at Wyoming anymore. We can't see ourselves driving around in the mountains when we get to our eighties, if we're that lucky, and it's too isolated, too. If we moved it would probably be to Spearfish, SD. It's an easy drive on the interstate to Rapid City for major medical care or shopping, and Spearfish offers almost everything we'd need anyway. But the housing inventory is low there because Spearfish was 'discovered' a year or so after we decided we liked it there, and it showed up on a ton of those lists of good places to retire. Prices are way up, too. Plus we'd lose at least $15k or more in moving costs that we couldn't spend on a house then. Not to mention we've lived in South Dakota before and it sucked then and probably still sucks. LOL.

I'm watching the Marty Stuart show and admiring the beadwork on all those Nudie suits. Beautiful!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2--Take two calcium citrate +D with magnesium. I take two and get 1000 msg of calcium. It took me five days before I noticed a significant difference. It definitely helps with BVVP and vertigo. I bought the CVS brand.

Taught my classes today and finished laundry. Played 42 with the neighbors and ready to settle to bed and read a few chapters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Gb-thanks but I have several prescriptions I take and am always worried about interactions. What I will do is talk to the Dr. and look interactions up. I think w/ me its that he has me on too much blood pressure meds and that I need a good chiropractor again. Also I need to look up what you guys are talking about BVVP.

Super tired and going to bed.hugs all thx.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No repairman yet (If we don't hear from him Monday, we will be calling someone else). Our clothes and towels were washed at the laundry mat(dh volunteered- he said he enjoyed the quiet, had the place to himself and read his book). I dried it at home and its all put away. Went to church last p.m. and then visited daughter and grandson. I had barbecued chicken breasts made in crock pot and brought them over too so we had supper with her. The chicken was tender enough to shred so we had it on buns. I made stove top stuffing from her pantry when I got there.
    This a.m, got the kitchen, dining room, desk clean and tidy.
    Planning an early a.m road trip to see a county park that is supposed to have trails with interesting rock formations along a river with small rapids. Hope the weather allows us to get out and walk some. Supposed to be 38 degrees today and 50% chance of snow today (Hopefully just flurries and not the start of the snow storm predicted for Tuesday. I also want to catch the sunrise today. I haven't been out to take pictures for awhile and this is something I really enjoy doing. My goal is to get a picture of an owl.
    Have a relaxing Sunday everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning!

This week got away from me. I picked up some books they had on hold at the library for me and got immersed in one for a couple of days I just love a good book. This is a new author for me and I'm going to go on the library website and see what else of hers I can find in this series.

I started TOPS on Wednesday. I don't remember who else here goes to TOPS but seems like I remember someone mentioning it. I did well for a year on my weight loss (69.8 lbs) but since Christmas I've just been struggling with getting my focus back 100%. I cannot seem to pull it together and a friend suggested maybe I should try something like TOPS, WW, Nutrisystem etc to maybe help me get a handle on it. My weight loss plan has just been counting calories (I use a free site online to track) and she thought maybe that face to face accountability might be helpful. I decided she might just be onto something there so I joined this week. I chose TOPS because I want to continue doing the food plan I've been doing with counting my calories and TOPS will allow that. So I'm hoping that will help my focus.
    The good thing is, even though I've been unfocused, is I've tracked every bite I've eaten even when it wasn't pretty. According to my online tracker I'm at 402 days of tracking. I"m very proud of that piece at least!

Rabbit, thinking of Gobie and keeping him in prayer. The Lord has this and is holding Gobie in His hand, and you too. Did you get the foster bunny? I'm sorry to hear of your DHs kidney issues. Will they resolve or what sort of treatment is available for that?

earlybird insurance is a tough one. DH is on Medicare because he's disabled but I am too young for Medicare and since I'm retired too I don't have insurance through work. (Actually work didn't offer insurance so I didn't have any there anyway and I was always on DHs policy). It is expensive for sure. I need to call on Monday because I switched from one to another in the marketplace online and I specifically asked the old one if I had to send them a cancellation in writing. They said no, as soon as I chose one in the marketplace and signed up that would void the other insurance. Awesome! But what's not awesome is I've gotten two bills from the old one and two emails asking for payment for that plan with the warning that if I don't pay I'll be cancelled then fined for having no insurance. I have the card from my new insurance and I've spoken with them on the phone to confirm I do indeed have their insurance and I've gone to their pay site to make sure I'm paid in full and yes, all paid and registered. I'm sure it's a clerical error somewhere but I confess to being annoyed.

DCompton Hi! I remember you from another board. I haven't posted there in ages as I got busy with the house and pending move etc. Good to see you

GB how's the book? I can't believe you're tilling your garden and they are talking 80 degrees. You are in the deep South from the sounds of it. We've got snow and cold up here in Maine.

FW2 our Great Dane ate drywall! She was a puppy and at night we would keep her corralled in the kitchen because that floor wasn't carpeted and it was easier to clean up her accidents (she was still learning about going outside when she needed to go etc). Anyway, so Thanksgiving morning I get up and walk into the kitchen to take her out and play and she bounds over to me with her nose covered in white. I look up and there over by the door I see the floor is covered with Sheetrock dust and I can see studs between the kitchen and the garage. She'd gnawed right through the Sheetrock and exposed the studs. I couldn't believe it. The kitchen floor was covered in dog chew toys and she ate the wall. And she was so proud of herself just wiggling and wagging. LOL. And I have a houseful of people coming in a few hours. That was a fun day And sure you can make bagels into garlic bread, or at least I would. I've used anything from hamburger buns to English muffins and it's always worked.

SallyJo08 my DD used to get knee / leg pain with a growth spurt too. She never did need physical therapy but it was not a fun time for her. I knew it was coming because her appetite would suddenly spike then the pain would start a couple of days later. It can be quite painful.

Citrine yay for a late start day! That would be fun to recreate your first vacation together with DH!! For our 25th anniversary we went to Stowe Vermont which is where we spent our first anniversary. Our first vacation was camping on a remote piece of land on a lake which is now no longer remote so we've never been back. We have been to the area but not to that particular spot. We did spend our 30th anniversary in that area but we rented a little cottage on the water vs camping.

Pinetree I tried chia seeds in a smoothie and in oatmeal and wasn't crazy about them. I think I would up throwing them out. I use flaxseed meal in my oatmeal now and that's good. Well, actually I don't know if it tastes good or not. The oatmeal probably covers up any flavor they have but it's good for me and since there's no real taste in there I'm good with it. That camping trailer is awesome! We have a small pop up but we haven't used it in years. We camped all the time when DD was growing up but once she got to her late high school years she had a lot of school events and she was working also so her free time was pretty much eaten up by those things. Then she started her first year of college and DH got sick and things haven't been the same since and the poor pop up just sits out there waiting. Now with DHs health issues as they are we need something much easier for one person to manage because if we are camping somewhere and he has a bad day I am going to be the only one to do anything. And the pop up was something I couldn't handle myself. SD turned me onto the Aliners and we went and looked at one "live" at the dealer that's a couple of hours from us and we really liked it. It is light and one person can handle it, even one person like me! We are holding off on the purchase because we want to sell our old house first then we can use some of that money to buy it vs taking it out of savings. We are excited to camp again in the future.

ILC I'm so sorry about the fall!! I'm glad you caught Sadie and glad you're going to be OK. Sounds painful though I hope the soreness / stiffness is easing up some.

KimB that would make me mad about the repairman and now you need to hit the laundry mat. That's ridiculous that they've handled it that way.

Raiquee I'm glad next week has less 12 hour days for you! Yikes!

Momoffiveboys nice to have you here! Welcome.

SD my MIL made counted cross stitch stockings for DH, DD and I years ago. I love them, they are just gorgeous. That would be awesome if they were done by Christmas and you can hang them on the mantle

StartingOver that's great you can get all your tax stuff done tomorrow. We are still waiting on a form I forgot to check the mail yesterday so perhaps it's there.

Hi AmyBoz, early bird, Ayanka, Niko, OM and anyone I missed. It's fun seeing new faces in here too!